|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the elderly man that brought the issue of debt to the forefront?
(a) A reputable soldier.
(b) A reputable politician.
(c) A former King.
(d) A former Commander.
2. What does Romulus become known as?
(a) The destruction of Rome.
(b) The preservation of Rome.
(c) The direction of Rome.
(d) The foundation of Rome.
3. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
(a) They try to take property away from the debtors.
(b) They refuse to accept repayment of the debts owed to them.
(c) They exploit the debtors.
(d) They attack the debtors physically.
4. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
(a) He is neither admired nor respected.
(b) He is admired and respected.
(c) He is admired, but not respected.
(d) He is respected, but not admired.
5. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
(a) The Albanians.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Bulgarians.
(d) The Turks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
2. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
3. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
4. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
5. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)