|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
(a) He builds the first prison.
(b) He imposes a curfew on the city.
(c) He becomes more selective about which cities he takes people from in the future.
(d) He has guards patrol the city.
2. What is the real problem the decemvirs have?
(a) They underestimate the power of the Roman people.
(b) They are not prepared for the power they have.
(c) They are overprepared for the power they have.
(d) They underestimate the power of the Roman military.
3. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
(a) Free land.
(b) The chance to purchase land.
(c) Roman citizenship.
(d) A place in the senate.
4. What never changes, according to the opening of The Patricians at Bay?
(a) The way wars are fought.
(b) Human nature.
(d) The way politics are handled.
5. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Rome's decision at the end of Rome and the Patricians received?
2. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
3. How attentive to the people's needs are the oligarchic rulers?
4. Why are most of the politicians in Rome oligarchs?
5. How long did Romulus rule for?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)