|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rome's decision in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians illustrate?
(a) Rome's politics.
(b) Rome's naivety.
(c) Rome's weakness.
(d) Rome's power.
2. What do the Romans do as a way to deal with the debt problem once it becomes more intense?
(a) They hold public meetings.
(b) They hold private meetings.
(c) They try to borrow money from other neighboring regions.
(d) They try to borrow money from other neighboring countries.
3. How is the problem of debt described?
(a) As a past social problem.
(b) As a manageable civil and social problem.
(c) As a past civil problem..
(d) As an unmanageable civil and social problem.
4. What happens when the allies arrive in Rome at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The allies decide they no longer need Rome's assistance.
(b) A new party agrees to replace Rome as the mediator.
(c) A new party stakes a claim on the land.
(d) Rome refuses to allow them entrance.
5. What are the decemvirs mainly unable to manage?
(a) The military of Rome.
(b) The financial state of Rome.
(c) The will of the Roman people.
(d) The senators of Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
2. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
3. As Part 2 of The Republic begins, what is a main focus of Rome's culture?
4. How many allies of Rome need mediation for their dispute?
5. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)