|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the population of Rome estimated to be during first part of The Patricians at Bay?
(a) 94, 714.
(b) 104, 714.
(c) 140, 714.
(d) 49, 714.
2. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
(a) They attack the Romans using domestic devices.
(b) They obtain more advanced weaponry than the Romans.
(c) They surprise the Romans with an army of well trained soldiers.
(d) They outnumber the Romans by a two to one margin.
3. What year does the book, Patricians at Bay begin?
(a) 567 BC.
(b) 467 BC.
(c) 476 BC.
(d) 576 BC.
4. How many meetings with the senators do the decemvirs request?
5. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
(a) A new trade agreement with other countries.
(b) A limit to what the Roman people can earn.
(c) The census.
(d) A limit to what elected officials can earn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
2. According to Livy, how much of a difference was there between the rich and the poor early in Rome's history?
3. What do the allies hope Rome will provide for them in their dispute?
4. What decision does Rome make at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
5. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)