|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the decemvirs respond to outside enemies?
(a) They are angered.
(b) They are shaken.
(c) They are optimistic.
(d) They are emboldened.
2. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
(a) They do not recognize her.
(b) They separate her from her family.
(c) They return her to Porsena.
(d) They refuse to allow her entrance to Rome.
3. How was the support of the people viewed by the Kings of early Rome?
(a) As a necessity.
(b) As unnecessary.
(c) As valuable and easily attainable.
(d) As valuable, but not easily attainable.
4. What year does the book, Patricians at Bay begin?
(a) 576 BC.
(b) 567 BC.
(c) 467 BC.
(d) 476 BC.
5. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
(a) An election by the senate.
(b) An election by the people.
(c) The declaration of war.
(d) The declaration of peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a leader's presence or absence on the battlefield affect the troops fighting in a war?
2. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
3. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
4. Why are most of the politicians in Rome oligarchs?
5. According to Livy, what is the one thing that is needed for all politicians to be elected into office?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)