|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
(a) A limit to what elected officials can earn.
(b) The census.
(c) A new trade agreement with other countries.
(d) A limit to what the Roman people can earn.
2. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
(a) His father.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His brother.
(d) His grandfather.
3. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(a) He is appointed.
(b) In a split decision.
(c) By forfeit.
4. How attentive to the people's needs are the oligarchic rulers?
(a) They are always attentive to them by choice.
(b) It is impossible for them to be attentive to them.
(c) They are rarely attentive to them by choice.
(d) It depends on the cirumstances.
5. Which one of the following is not an event that is included in the book as an ominous sign for Rome?
(a) Extensive flooding of the rivers.
(b) Fire in the sky.
(c) A talking cow.
(d) A volcanic eruption.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the senators go as the decemvirs take control of Rome?
2. What are the decemvirs mainly unable to manage?
3. What level of involvement do the leaders have in the war that featured debtors who agreed to fight in exchange for their debt being resolved?
4. How are the Sabine people described in the book?
5. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)