|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Livy, what is the one thing that is needed for all politicians to be elected into office?
(a) Monetary backing.
(b) Respected ancestors.
(c) Financial skills.
(d) People skills.
2. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
3. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
(a) He becomes more selective about which cities he takes people from in the future.
(b) He builds the first prison.
(c) He imposes a curfew on the city.
(d) He has guards patrol the city.
4. What serious problem do the Romans turn to religion for help with?
(a) The financial burden of debts.
(b) The fear of the lights in the sky.
(c) The wars.
(d) The plague.
5. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Mainly peaceful.
(b) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(c) Both warlike and peaceful.
(d) Mainly warlike.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the problem of debt described?
2. How many days are taken to contemplate the origin of the lights in the sky that are seen after a military campaign?
3. How is Rome's decision at the end of Rome and the Patricians received?
4. How have the allies been fighting their war until they seek a mediator for it?
5. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)