|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the Sabine people described in the book?
(a) They are recurrent allies of Rome.
(b) They ignore Rome until they are attacked.
(c) They are a recurrent opponent of Rome.
(d) They are not aware of Rome at the time the book was written.
2. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
3. What is the state of politics in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians?
4. What causes Servilius and Appius to become unpopular with the Romans?
(a) The consul attempts to collect the debts owed on the creditors' behalf.
(b) The consul only lends half of the debtors the money needed to pay their debts.
(c) The consul does not keep their word with the debtors.
(d) The consul continues to ignore the creditors' unfair treatment of debtors.
5. Which one of the following is not an event that is included in the book as an ominous sign for Rome?
(a) A volcanic eruption.
(b) Extensive flooding of the rivers.
(c) A talking cow.
(d) Fire in the sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the dispute of Rome's allies?
2. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
3. Who are the main perpetrators of the mass hysteria surrounding the battles the Romans fight in?
4. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
5. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)