|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
(a) They attack the debtors physically.
(b) They refuse to accept repayment of the debts owed to them.
(c) They try to take property away from the debtors.
(d) They exploit the debtors.
2. What do the Volscians continue to be for Rome during the time of two consuls?
(a) A major ally of Rome.
(b) A source of food for Rome.
(c) A source of work for Rome.
(d) A major opponent of Rome.
3. Why are most of the politicians in Rome oligarchs?
(a) The city cannot find more than a few people that the Romans would elect.
(b) They can afford to invest the time needed.
(c) They tried a political system with many leaders and it did not work.
(d) They have seen how political systems with many leaders in other regions have failed.
4. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
(a) About 320 years.
(b) About 400 years.
(c) About 120 years.
(d) About 200 years.
5. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
(a) He becomes more selective about which cities he takes people from in the future.
(b) He builds the first prison.
(c) He has guards patrol the city.
(d) He imposes a curfew on the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
2. What is the real problem the decemvirs have?
3. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
4. What do the people do when creditors attempt to collect repayment in the courts?
5. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)