|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many meetings with the senators do the decemvirs request?
2. What is the reason for the dispute of Rome's allies?
(a) It is a civil war.
(b) It is a dispute over territory.
(c) It is a revolt against the governments of the allies.
(d) It is a political dispute.
3. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
(a) He has guards patrol the city.
(b) He becomes more selective about which cities he takes people from in the future.
(c) He builds the first prison.
(d) He imposes a curfew on the city.
4. What do the people do when creditors attempt to collect repayment in the courts?
(a) They encourage debtors not to attend the court proceedings.
(b) They form mobs to protect the debtors.
(c) They file lawsuits against the creditors in retaliation.
(d) They protest the government by holding big rallies.
5. What are the decemvirs mainly unable to manage?
(a) The will of the Roman people.
(b) The senators of Rome.
(c) The military of Rome.
(d) The financial state of Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the senators show their fear for the people's increasing awareness of the debt crisis?
2. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
3. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
4. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
5. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)