|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is not an event that is included in the book as an ominous sign for Rome?
(a) A talking cow.
(b) Fire in the sky.
(c) A volcanic eruption.
(d) Extensive flooding of the rivers.
2. What does the great Roman warrior, Valerius, do once he enters politics?
(a) He gives more power to the government.
(b) He gives more power to the Romans.
(c) He removes all existing debts from the people.
(d) He prosecutes all creditors for unlawful practices.
3. What situation is the most common setting for a Dictator to be named of Rome?
(a) A financial crisis.
(b) Civil unrest.
(c) A shortage of supplies.
(d) A war.
4. What is the perception of Rome while Pompilius presides there?
(a) It is volatile and undisciplined.
(b) It is volatile but disciplined.
(c) It is peaceful and well disciplined.
(d) It is peaceful but lacks discipline.
5. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
2. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
3. How do the decemvirs respond to outside enemies?
4. How do the political leaders of Rome gain the support of the people early on?
5. Who are the main perpetrators of the mass hysteria surrounding the battles the Romans fight in?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)