|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His uncle.
2. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Only preservation and expansion.
(b) Only preservation and resources.
(c) Only preservation.
(d) Preservation, resources, and expansion.
3. What year does the book, Patricians at Bay begin?
(a) 567 BC.
(b) 467 BC.
(c) 576 BC.
(d) 476 BC.
4. What level of involvement do the leaders have in the war that featured debtors who agreed to fight in exchange for their debt being resolved?
(a) They actively participate.
(b) They participate by positioning themselves near the battles.
(c) They refuse to participate.
(d) They temporarily leave Rome to avoid participating.
5. Although it is a decisive Roman victory, what are the total losses on both sides of the war that results in one of the consuls being injured, and the other being beheaded?
(a) Between eleven and twelve thousand men.
(b) Between fourteen and fifteen thousand men.
(c) Between eight and nine thousand men.
(d) Between nine and ten thousand men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
2. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
3. How attentive to the people's needs are the oligarchic rulers?
4. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
5. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)