|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the problem of debt described?
(a) As a past civil problem..
(b) As a past social problem.
(c) As an unmanageable civil and social problem.
(d) As a manageable civil and social problem.
2. As Part 2 of The Republic begins, what is a main focus of Rome's culture?
(a) The Romans are trying to make the city less sophisticated.
(b) The Romans are reducing the influence of other regions in their culture.
(c) The Romans are trying to make the city more sophisticated.
(d) The Romans are expanding their culture to include traits of other regions.
3. Who are the main perpetrators of the mass hysteria surrounding the battles the Romans fight in?
(a) People who live inside of the city.
(b) People who lost friends or relatives in the battles.
(c) People who are actively involved in the battles.
(d) People who live outside of the city.
4. How was the support of the people viewed by the Kings of early Rome?
(a) As valuable, but not easily attainable.
(b) As valuable and easily attainable.
(c) As a necessity.
(d) As unnecessary.
5. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many allies of Rome need mediation for their dispute?
2. What serious problem do the Romans turn to religion for help with?
3. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
4. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
5. How have the allies been fighting their war until they seek a mediator for it?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)