|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
2. As Part 2 of The Republic begins, what is a main focus of Rome's culture?
(a) The Romans are trying to make the city less sophisticated.
(b) The Romans are reducing the influence of other regions in their culture.
(c) The Romans are trying to make the city more sophisticated.
(d) The Romans are expanding their culture to include traits of other regions.
3. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Mainly peaceful.
(b) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(c) Both warlike and peaceful.
(d) Mainly warlike.
4. What is the crisis that the decemvirs face?
(a) A threat from the people of Rome.
(b) A threat from the military of Rome.
(c) A threat from other cities.
(d) A threat from the senators.
5. What does Rome's decision in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians illustrate?
(a) Rome's naivety.
(b) Rome's weakness.
(c) Rome's power.
(d) Rome's politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is not an event that is included in the book as an ominous sign for Rome?
2. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
3. How are the Sabine people described in the book?
4. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
5. How do the senators feel about the practices of the decemvirs?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)