|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What level of involvement do the leaders have in the war that featured debtors who agreed to fight in exchange for their debt being resolved?
(a) They temporarily leave Rome to avoid participating.
(b) They refuse to participate.
(c) They participate by positioning themselves near the battles.
(d) They actively participate.
2. According to Livy, what is the one thing that is needed for all politicians to be elected into office?
(a) Financial skills.
(b) People skills.
(c) Monetary backing.
(d) Respected ancestors.
3. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
(a) Brutus the Betrayer.
(b) Brutus the Conqueror.
(c) Brutus the Liberator.
(d) Brutus the Destroyer.
4. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
5. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(b) Mainly warlike.
(c) Both warlike and peaceful.
(d) Mainly peaceful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the political leaders of Rome gain the support of the people early on?
2. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
3. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
4. What is the perception of Rome while Pompilius presides there?
5. Although it is a decisive Roman victory, what are the total losses on both sides of the war that results in one of the consuls being injured, and the other being beheaded?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)