|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real problem the decemvirs have?
(a) They are overprepared for the power they have.
(b) They underestimate the power of the Roman people.
(c) They are not prepared for the power they have.
(d) They underestimate the power of the Roman military.
2. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
3. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
4. How do the decemvirs respond to outside enemies?
(a) They are emboldened.
(b) They are angered.
(c) They are optimistic.
(d) They are shaken.
5. What do the Romans do as a way to deal with the debt problem once it becomes more intense?
(a) They hold public meetings.
(b) They hold private meetings.
(c) They try to borrow money from other neighboring regions.
(d) They try to borrow money from other neighboring countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
2. What happens when the allies arrive in Rome at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
3. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
4. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
5. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)