|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
(a) The consul.
(b) The army.
(c) The people.
(d) The senate.
2. How does a leader's presence or absence on the battlefield affect the troops fighting in a war?
(a) The troops begin to lose morale if a leader is present.
(b) The troops fight the same whether a leader is present or not.
(c) The troops begin to lose morale if a leader is absent.
(d) The troops mostly prefer to be led by a soldier, rather than a military/political leader.
3. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
(a) They refuse to accept repayment of the debts owed to them.
(b) They exploit the debtors.
(c) They attack the debtors physically.
(d) They try to take property away from the debtors.
4. In the original book, how many chapter breaks are there in The Republic?
5. Who does Quinctius lead the military against?
(a) The Venetians.
(b) The Aequians.
(c) The Ligurians.
(d) The Calabrians.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
2. How many allies of Rome need mediation for their dispute?
3. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
4. What is the state of the allies when they approach Rome for mediation?
5. What is the population of Rome estimated to be during first part of The Patricians at Bay?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)