|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
(a) A place in the senate.
(b) Roman citizenship.
(c) Free land.
(d) The chance to purchase land.
2. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
(a) He overhears their conversation while passing them on the street.
(b) He knows another slave who works for one of the conspirators.
(c) He works for one of the conspirators.
(d) He knows another slave who has overheard their conversation.
3. What is the state of politics in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians?
4. What do the Romans do as a way to deal with the debt problem once it becomes more intense?
(a) They try to borrow money from other neighboring countries.
(b) They hold private meetings.
(c) They try to borrow money from other neighboring regions.
(d) They hold public meetings.
5. What are the decemvirs mainly unable to manage?
(a) The will of the Roman people.
(b) The military of Rome.
(c) The senators of Rome.
(d) The financial state of Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is not an event that is included in the book as an ominous sign for Rome?
2. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
3. How do the political leaders of Rome gain the support of the people early on?
4. Who does Quinctius lead the military against?
5. Where do the senators go as the decemvirs take control of Rome?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)