|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Livy, what is the one thing that is needed for all politicians to be elected into office?
(a) Respected ancestors.
(b) Monetary backing.
(c) Financial skills.
(d) People skills.
2. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
3. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
(a) She oversees a group of boy hostages.
(b) She oversees the food supply for the hostages.
(c) She oversees a group of girl hostages.
(d) She oversees another escape by the hostages.
4. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
(a) He works for one of the conspirators.
(b) He knows another slave who works for one of the conspirators.
(c) He overhears their conversation while passing them on the street.
(d) He knows another slave who has overheard their conversation.
5. What does Rome's decision in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians illustrate?
(a) Rome's politics.
(b) Rome's naivety.
(c) Rome's weakness.
(d) Rome's power.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Part 2 of The Republic begins, what is a main focus of Rome's culture?
2. How do the senators show their fear for the people's increasing awareness of the debt crisis?
3. How does a leader's presence or absence on the battlefield affect the troops fighting in a war?
4. Where do the senators go as the decemvirs take control of Rome?
5. What year does the book, Patricians at Bay begin?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)