|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the problem of debt described?
(a) As a past civil problem..
(b) As a past social problem.
(c) As a manageable civil and social problem.
(d) As an unmanageable civil and social problem.
2. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
3. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That there will no longer be elections.
(b) That there will be no more Kings.
(c) That he be declared King.
(d) That the elections will happen every four years.
4. What year does the book, Patricians at Bay begin?
(a) 567 BC.
(b) 467 BC.
(c) 476 BC.
(d) 576 BC.
5. How attentive to the people's needs are the oligarchic rulers?
(a) It depends on the cirumstances.
(b) They are rarely attentive to them by choice.
(c) It is impossible for them to be attentive to them.
(d) They are always attentive to them by choice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
2. Why are most of the politicians in Rome oligarchs?
3. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
4. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
5. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)