|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
(a) Free land.
(b) The chance to purchase land.
(c) Roman citizenship.
(d) A place in the senate.
2. What causes Servilius and Appius to become unpopular with the Romans?
(a) The consul attempts to collect the debts owed on the creditors' behalf.
(b) The consul only lends half of the debtors the money needed to pay their debts.
(c) The consul does not keep their word with the debtors.
(d) The consul continues to ignore the creditors' unfair treatment of debtors.
3. How do the senators show their fear for the people's increasing awareness of the debt crisis?
(a) They stay away.
(b) They attempt to talk with the people more directly.
(c) They resign.
(d) They attempt to create new laws for time payments.
4. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
(a) He knows another slave who has overheard their conversation.
(b) He overhears their conversation while passing them on the street.
(c) He works for one of the conspirators.
(d) He knows another slave who works for one of the conspirators.
5. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of politics in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians?
2. What is the reason for the dispute of Rome's allies?
3. How attentive to the people's needs are the oligarchic rulers?
4. How many allies of Rome need mediation for their dispute?
5. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)