|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
2. What is the real problem the decemvirs have?
(a) They underestimate the power of the Roman military.
(b) They are not prepared for the power they have.
(c) They are overprepared for the power they have.
(d) They underestimate the power of the Roman people.
3. How was the support of the people viewed by the Kings of early Rome?
(a) As a necessity.
(b) As valuable and easily attainable.
(c) As unnecessary.
(d) As valuable, but not easily attainable.
4. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
(a) The Etruscans.
(b) The Venetians.
(c) The Ligurians.
(d) The Umbrians.
5. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
(a) The anti-war party.
(b) The anti-war coalition.
(c) The peace party.
(d) The peace coalition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What situation is the most common setting for a Dictator to be named of Rome?
2. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
3. How have the allies been fighting their war until they seek a mediator for it?
4. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
5. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)