|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
(a) They separate her from her family.
(b) They do not recognize her.
(c) They return her to Porsena.
(d) They refuse to allow her entrance to Rome.
2. How long did Romulus rule for?
(a) Forty-seven years.
(b) Seventeen years.
(c) Thirty-seven years.
(d) Twenty-seven years.
3. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
4. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
(a) An election by the senate.
(b) The declaration of peace.
(c) The declaration of war.
(d) An election by the people.
5. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
(a) The Umbrians.
(b) The Venetians.
(c) The Etruscans.
(d) The Ligurians.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many allies of Rome need mediation for their dispute?
2. How is Rome's decision at the end of Rome and the Patricians received?
3. As Part 2 of The Republic begins, what is a main focus of Rome's culture?
4. How is the problem of debt described?
5. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)