|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
(a) A new trade agreement with other countries.
(b) A limit to what elected officials can earn.
(c) A limit to what the Roman people can earn.
(d) The census.
2. What do the people do when creditors attempt to collect repayment in the courts?
(a) They file lawsuits against the creditors in retaliation.
(b) They protest the government by holding big rallies.
(c) They encourage debtors not to attend the court proceedings.
(d) They form mobs to protect the debtors.
3. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
(a) A painting of her portrait.
(b) A plaque.
(c) A statue.
(d) An official day of recognition.
4. What is Circus Maximus?
(a) A large, circular shaped senate building.
(b) A large public stadium.
(c) A large, circular shaped courthouse.
(d) A large private stadium.
5. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
(a) It makes the Romans less vulnerable.
(b) It makes the Romans more vulnerable.
(c) It causes the Romans to wage a civil war.
(d) It causes the Romans to stop the civil war going on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What situation is the most common setting for a Dictator to be named of Rome?
2. What causes Servilius and Appius to become unpopular with the Romans?
3. What is the population of Rome estimated to be during first part of The Patricians at Bay?
4. What does the great Roman warrior, Valerius, do once he enters politics?
5. Who does Quinctius lead the military against?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)