|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 3, Rome and the Patricians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the crisis that the decemvirs face?
(a) A threat from other cities.
(b) A threat from the people of Rome.
(c) A threat from the military of Rome.
(d) A threat from the senators.
2. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Both warlike and peaceful.
(b) Mainly peaceful.
(c) Mainly warlike.
(d) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
3. What is the real problem the decemvirs have?
(a) They underestimate the power of the Roman people.
(b) They underestimate the power of the Roman military.
(c) They are not prepared for the power they have.
(d) They are overprepared for the power they have.
4. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
5. What is the perception of Rome while Pompilius presides there?
(a) It is peaceful but lacks discipline.
(b) It is peaceful and well disciplined.
(c) It is volatile and undisciplined.
(d) It is volatile but disciplined.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the Sabine people described in the book?
2. What does the great Roman warrior, Valerius, do once he enters politics?
3. How long did Romulus rule for?
4. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
5. What never changes, according to the opening of The Patricians at Bay?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)