|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Roman military to face the possibility of defeat?
(a) Dissension among the soldiers.
(b) A neigboring region with a larger military.
(c) Dissension among the military leaders.
(d) A neighboring region with a larger supply of weaponry.
2. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
(a) The people.
(b) The senate.
(c) The consul.
(d) The army.
3. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
(a) The Ligurians.
(b) The Umbrians.
(c) The Venetians.
(d) The Etruscans.
4. Much later, what does Plato encourage the women of Athens to do?
(a) Begin outnumbering the men.
(b) Create a militia.
(c) Run for public office.
(d) Begin moving away from the city.
5. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
2. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
3. How long do the Romans evacuate the city because of the pestilence and illness?
4. What is the role of the tribunes?
5. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)