|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the tribunes given their office?
(a) They are appointed by the consuls.
(b) They are appointed by the dictator.
(c) They are elected by the people.
(d) They are appointed by the senate.
2. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
3. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
4. How is Postumia described?
(a) Reserved and dressed unattractively.
(b) Outspoken and dressed attractively.
(c) Outspoken and dressed unattractively.
(d) Reserved and dressed attractively.
5. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
(a) They obtain more advanced weaponry than the Romans.
(b) They outnumber the Romans by a two to one margin.
(c) They attack the Romans using domestic devices.
(d) They surprise the Romans with an army of well trained soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
2. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
3. What is the controversial yet effective way that Postumius dies?
4. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
5. How do the slaves revolt in Rome?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)