|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
(a) The Umbrians.
(b) The Ligurians.
(c) The Etruscans.
(d) The Venetians.
2. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
(a) He knows another slave who works for one of the conspirators.
(b) He works for one of the conspirators.
(c) He knows another slave who has overheard their conversation.
(d) He overhears their conversation while passing them on the street.
3. How do the women in Rome factor into the wars during Rome and the Patricians?
(a) They are on the front lines along with the men.
(b) They are the reason for the wars being fought.
(c) They are involved, but not on the front lines.
(d) They are kept away from them.
4. What threat does the revolt of the slaves cause Rome to face?
(a) A civil war.
(b) Over population.
(c) The overthrow of the government.
(d) The institution of martial law.
5. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
2. How do the slaves revolt in Rome?
3. During the time of Rome and the Patricians, how is the military generally used?
4. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
5. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)