|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caeso Quinctius's opinion of the consuls?
(a) He eliminates them.
(b) He tries to replace them with the tribunes.
(c) He tries to add mroe consuls to the senate.
(d) He defends them.
2. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
(a) The people's fear of Brutus.
(b) Tarquin lacks the number of men needed to battle Rome.
(c) The support of the people for Brutus.
(d) Tarquin does not allow his men to rest, so they are too tired to fight Rome.
3. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
4. How are the Volscians described in the second part of War & Politics?
(a) Loyal enemies of Rome.
(b) Enemies of Rome.
(c) Disloyal allies of Rome.
(d) Loyal allies of Rome.
5. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
(a) About 120 years.
(b) About 320 years.
(c) About 200 years.
(d) About 400 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the Romans evacuate the city because of the pestilence and illness?
2. What do the leaders have mixed feelings about, as a result of the slaves' revolt?
3. During the time of Rome and the Patricians, how is the military generally used?
4. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
5. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)