|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
(a) More than one town.
(b) Just one country.
(c) Just one town.
(d) More than one country.
2. How long do the Romans evacuate the city because of the pestilence and illness?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four years.
3. What part of the planet uses laws similar to that of the Romans, based on Judaic philosophy?
4. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
(a) The support of the people for Brutus.
(b) Tarquin does not allow his men to rest, so they are too tired to fight Rome.
(c) Tarquin lacks the number of men needed to battle Rome.
(d) The people's fear of Brutus.
5. What part of the government featured a strong military contingent?
(a) The consuls.
(b) The senate.
(c) The tribunes.
(d) The plebians.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
2. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
3. How many years after the Estrucans and the Sabines fought Rome do the Volscians and the Aequins also position themselves against the city?
4. What is Caeso Quinctius's opinion of the consuls?
5. What is the role of the tribunes?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)