|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
(a) A military leader raises troops that side with the slaves.
(b) A military leader raises troops that side with the senate.
(c) A military leader raises troops that side with the tribune.
(d) A military leader raises troops that side with the consul.
2. Where is the civil strife in Rome resolved?
(a) The City Building.
(b) The Roman Arena.
(c) The Capitol.
(d) Circus Maximus.
3. What is Caeso Quinctius's opinion of the consuls?
(a) He defends them.
(b) He tries to replace them with the tribunes.
(c) He tries to add mroe consuls to the senate.
(d) He eliminates them.
4. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That there will be no more Kings.
(b) That he be declared King.
(c) That the elections will happen every four years.
(d) That there will no longer be elections.
5. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
(a) About 200 years.
(b) About 400 years.
(c) About 120 years.
(d) About 320 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the innovation talked about at the end of War & Politics?
2. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
3. How many Tables are there in the Laws that the Romans propose?
4. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
5. What do the leaders have mixed feelings about, as a result of the slaves' revolt?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)