|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The government has been abolished.
(b) The government rules over the people.
(c) The people rule over the government.
(d) The people have been implemented into the government.
2. Where is the civil strife in Rome resolved?
(a) The Roman Arena.
(b) The Capitol.
(c) Circus Maximus.
(d) The City Building.
3. How many years after the Estrucans and the Sabines fought Rome do the Volscians and the Aequins also position themselves against the city?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) Two hundred and fifty.
(d) One hundred.
4. How does Postumia disguise her disposition?
(a) With deception.
(b) With politeness.
(c) With humor.
(d) With rudeness.
5. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
(a) They do not recognize her.
(b) They separate her from her family.
(c) They return her to Porsena.
(d) They refuse to allow her entrance to Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the government featured a strong military contingent?
2. During the time of Rome and the Patricians, how is the military generally used?
3. How do the women in Rome factor into the wars during Rome and the Patricians?
4. What threat does the revolt of the slaves cause Rome to face?
5. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)