|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
(a) A military leader raises troops that side with the consul.
(b) A military leader raises troops that side with the tribune.
(c) A military leader raises troops that side with the senate.
(d) A military leader raises troops that side with the slaves.
2. How are the tribunes given their office?
(a) They are appointed by the consuls.
(b) They are appointed by the dictator.
(c) They are elected by the people.
(d) They are appointed by the senate.
3. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
(a) The anti-war coalition.
(b) The anti-war party.
(c) The peace party.
(d) The peace coalition.
4. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
(a) The Umbrians.
(b) The Etruscans.
(c) The Venetians.
(d) The Ligurians.
5. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
(a) The army.
(b) The senate.
(c) The people.
(d) The consul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of the Roman Republic at the end of the second part of Rome and the Patricians?
2. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
3. What part of the planet uses laws similar to that of the Romans, based on Judaic philosophy?
4. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
5. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)