|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Postumius shockingly threaten his men?
(a) To betray Rome.
(b) To intentionally lose a battle.
(c) To join another army's fight.
(d) To harbor a secret.
2. What is the controversial yet effective way that Postumius dies?
(a) He is dragged through the streets by the people.
(b) He is stoned to death by his soldiers.
(c) He is stoned to death by the people.
(d) He is dragged through the streets by his soldiers.
3. What is the innovation talked about at the end of War & Politics?
(a) The military will be paid after their defeats.
(b) The military will be paid from public funds.
(c) The military will stop being paid from public funds.
(d) The military will only be paid upon their victories.
4. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
(a) About 120 years.
(b) About 200 years.
(c) About 400 years.
(d) About 320 years.
5. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
(a) He works among the common people and in the government.
(b) He does not own a horse.
(c) He is a soldier for three separate armies.
(d) He does not live in Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
2. How many men with axes govern over the people of Rome as Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians ends?
3. What threat does the revolt of the slaves cause Rome to face?
4. How is Postumia described?
5. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)