|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Postumius have trouble cooperating with in the military?
(a) Those of inferior rank.
(b) The consuls.
(c) Those of equal rank.
(d) Those of superior rank.
2. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
3. How are the Volscians described in the second part of War & Politics?
(a) Enemies of Rome.
(b) Disloyal allies of Rome.
(c) Loyal enemies of Rome.
(d) Loyal allies of Rome.
4. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
(a) Free land.
(b) The chance to purchase land.
(c) Roman citizenship.
(d) A place in the senate.
5. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
(a) About 200 years.
(b) About 120 years.
(c) About 400 years.
(d) About 320 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the role of the tribunes?
2. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
3. Why does Postumius shockingly threaten his men?
4. What is the controversial yet effective way that Postumius dies?
5. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)