|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do the Romans evacuate the city because of the pestilence and illness?
(a) Three years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
2. What is the controversial yet effective way that Postumius dies?
(a) He is stoned to death by his soldiers.
(b) He is dragged through the streets by the people.
(c) He is stoned to death by the people.
(d) He is dragged through the streets by his soldiers.
3. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
(a) A military leader raises troops that side with the slaves.
(b) A military leader raises troops that side with the tribune.
(c) A military leader raises troops that side with the senate.
(d) A military leader raises troops that side with the consul.
4. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
(a) He does not live in Rome.
(b) He does not own a horse.
(c) He is a soldier for three separate armies.
(d) He works among the common people and in the government.
5. Much later, what does Plato encourage the women of Athens to do?
(a) Run for public office.
(b) Begin outnumbering the men.
(c) Begin moving away from the city.
(d) Create a militia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Postumius shockingly threaten his men?
2. How many years after the Estrucans and the Sabines fought Rome do the Volscians and the Aequins also position themselves against the city?
3. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
4. How are the Volscians described in the second part of War & Politics?
5. Where is the civil strife in Rome resolved?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)