|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Tables are there in the Laws that the Romans propose?
2. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That he be declared King.
(b) That there will no longer be elections.
(c) That there will be no more Kings.
(d) That the elections will happen every four years.
3. Much later, what does Plato encourage the women of Athens to do?
(a) Begin outnumbering the men.
(b) Create a militia.
(c) Run for public office.
(d) Begin moving away from the city.
4. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The people have been implemented into the government.
(b) The government rules over the people.
(c) The people rule over the government.
(d) The government has been abolished.
5. How are the tribunes given their office?
(a) They are appointed by the senate.
(b) They are elected by the people.
(c) They are appointed by the dictator.
(d) They are appointed by the consuls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat does the revolt of the slaves cause Rome to face?
2. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
3. What is the role of the tribunes?
4. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
5. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)