|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
(a) Tarquin lacks the number of men needed to battle Rome.
(b) The people's fear of Brutus.
(c) The support of the people for Brutus.
(d) Tarquin does not allow his men to rest, so they are too tired to fight Rome.
2. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
(a) He works for one of the conspirators.
(b) He knows another slave who works for one of the conspirators.
(c) He knows another slave who has overheard their conversation.
(d) He overhears their conversation while passing them on the street.
3. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
(a) The senate.
(b) The army.
(c) The consul.
(d) The people.
4. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
(a) He does not live in Rome.
(b) He works among the common people and in the government.
(c) He is a soldier for three separate armies.
(d) He does not own a horse.
5. What causes the Roman military to face the possibility of defeat?
(a) Dissension among the military leaders.
(b) A neighboring region with a larger supply of weaponry.
(c) A neigboring region with a larger military.
(d) Dissension among the soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
2. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
3. Why does Postumius shockingly threaten his men?
4. What do the leaders have mixed feelings about, as a result of the slaves' revolt?
5. Where is the civil strife in Rome resolved?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)