Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 1, Introductory & Rome Under Kings
• The author, Titus Livius, is introduced and the background of his life is provided.
• Romulus and Remus spend decades as allies before turning on each other.
• Romulus becomes the founder and first King of Rome as the city is built and defended.
Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings
• Pompilius, the second King, focuses on peace and civility for the culture of Rome.
• Hostilius takes over and abandons the previous culture in favor of starting a war with the Albans.
• Rome celebrates a victory at the expense of the Albans but suffers a tragedy in the unfortunate actions of Horatius after the battle.
• Ancus builds Rome's first prison to combat the rising crime, and Servius institutes the census.
• Servius' daughter plots to kill him and her spouse. Tarquin assumes control of the city by force.
• Brutus works with three...
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)