Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 1, Introductory & Rome Under Kings
* The author, Titus Livius, is introduced and the background of his life is provided.
* Romulus and Remus spend decades as allies before turning on each other.
* Romulus becomes the founder and first King of Rome as the city is built and defended.
Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings
* Pompilius, the second King, focuses on peace and civility for the culture of Rome.
* Hostilius takes over and abandons the previous culture in favor of starting a war with the Albans.
* Rome celebrates a victory at the expense of the Albans but suffers a tragedy in the unfortunate actions of Horatius after the battle.
* Ancus builds Rome's first prison to combat the rising crime, and Servius institutes the census.
* Servius' daughter plots to kill him and her spouse. Tarquin assumes control of the city by force.
* Brutus works with three...
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)