|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Carlos suggest that he and La Gorda go for a drive when they are talking together?
2. Who does La Gorda meet with daily with Eligio while dreaming together, something which shocks everyone?
3. Carlos and La Gorda experience the force, but cannot recall the moment when _________ takes over to affect the will.
4. Who is NOT one of the Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited in this story as told in the book?
5. La Gorda and Carlos begin to argue about whether Carlos has been __________ as they begin remembering.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan describe as being the warrior's rule?
2. What does Silvio begin to realize about the group of people which has been gathered?
3. What happens the time that Carlos begins to dream about himself sleeping, as La Gorda finds out from asking?
4. What does La Gorda think about the Nagual Woman and what her purpose is for Carlos?
5. What has Don Juan foreseen happening to the apprentices when they are working together?
6. What happens during the time when La Gorda and Carlos spontaneously enter their dreaming bodies?
7. What does Carlos do in his dream once he realizes what he is supposed to do?
8. How does La Gorda shock the apprentices when she talks to them about Carlos?
9. What is the explanation for Carlos' physical experience which La Gorda shares with him?
10. What does Dona Soledad have to share with Carlos when he encounters her in the house?
Essay Topic 1
When Carlos and La Gorda immerse themselves in dreaming, their fear and distrust lifts.
Part 1: Why do you think that fear and distrust leave as a result of dreaming together?
Part 2: Do you think it's possible to be in a relationship with others and not have some fear or distrust?
Part 3: How do you think your life would change without fear or distrust?
Essay Topic 2
La Gorda tells Carlos that losing the human form brings the freedom to remember oneself.
Part 1: Why do you think that losing the human form brings the freedom to remember oneself?
Part 2: What do you think about the idea of losing one's human form? Does this mean death to you?
Part 3: How do you think a person might be able to lose their human form without dying?
Essay Topic 3
The apprentices are seen as having to work together during their lessons and in their travels.
Part 1: Why do you think that the apprentices have to work together in their studies?
Part 2: Could an apprentice teach themselves what they need to learn? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you prefer to study in groups or by yourself? Why?
This section contains 2,007 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)