|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another name for second attention is the ____________ of consciousness, according to Don Juan and to La Gorda.
2. Who is the one that first mentioned the idea of ghost dreaming, which La Gorda nervously recalls?
3. Pablito shares with the groups that the _________ are gigantic 'not doings' which is where warriors dream and use second attention.
4. Where does Carlos meet people that he knows when he continues to have his dreams?
5. Fearing for his life, Carlos begins to change, "I will dart past the _________ to be free."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dona Soledad have to share with Carlos when he encounters her in the house?
2. What is the difference between men and women, according to the lifestyle of Florinda?
3. What happens during the time when La Gorda and Carlos spontaneously enter their dreaming bodies?
4. What does Don Juan give as a warning when he gives Carlos to Zuleica?
5. What is the explanation for Carlos' physical experience which La Gorda shares with him?
6. What is the final task of Don Juan as it is outlined in this book's section?
7. What happens to Carlos when he is undergoing his westerly encounter?
8. What happens when Pablito tells the others he is going to Tula in order to die?
9. What do Carlos and La Gorda see when they are sitting on the bench in Oaxaca and resting their heads together?
10. What does Florinda share with Carlos about the idea of the wheel of time?
Essay Topic 1
Carlos eventually learns that he must leave La Gorda in order to focus on his own attention.
Part 1: Do you think that it's necessary to learn about one's self alone?
Part 2: How do you think Carlos felt upon having to leave La Gorda for a while?
Part 3: Why do you think the timing was right for Carlos to be leaving La Gorda? Or wasn't it?
Essay Topic 2
Don Juan may have been the teacher of many, but he was not always perfect in his own actions and lessons.
Part 1: Why do you think ti's important to note that Don Juan is not perfect?
Part 2: Should teachers and leaders always be portrayed as being flawless?
Part 3: What are some of the flaws you've seen in teachers in your life? Does this make you respect them more or less?
Essay Topic 3
The group of apprentices doesn't always see eye to eye on things, with the women often disagreeing with the men.
Part 1: Why do you think the men and the women might not be able to see eye to eye?
Part 2: Would the apprentices be able to learn more if they were always able to see eye to eye?
Part 3: What are some of the benefits to having disagreements with others?
This section contains 1,979 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)