Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Carlos suggest that he and La Gorda go for a drive when they are talking together?
2. Who does La Gorda meet with daily with Eligio while dreaming together, something which shocks everyone?
3. Carlos and La Gorda experience the force, but cannot recall the moment when _________ takes over to affect the will.
4. Who is NOT one of the Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited in this story as told in the book?
5. La Gorda and Carlos begin to argue about whether Carlos has been __________ as they begin remembering.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan describe as being the warrior's rule?
2. What does Silvio begin to realize about the group of people which has been gathered?
3. What happens the time that Carlos begins to dream about himself sleeping, as La Gorda finds out from asking?
4. What does La Gorda think about the Nagual Woman and what her purpose is for Carlos?
5. What has Don Juan foreseen happening to the apprentices when they are working together?
6. What happens during the time when La Gorda and Carlos spontaneously enter their dreaming bodies?
7. What does Carlos do in his dream once he realizes what he is supposed to do?
8. How does La Gorda shock the apprentices when she talks to them about Carlos?
9. What is the explanation for Carlos' physical experience which La Gorda shares with him?
10. What does Dona Soledad have to share with Carlos when he encounters her in the house?
Essay Topic 1
Dreaming is an important part of the work that Carlos and La Gorda do with each other and within themselves.
Part 1: Why do you think that dreaming is a time when a lot of important work can be done by the apprentices?
Part 2: Do you think that your own dreams are able to help you learn about your life?
Part 3: How do you think that dreaming could help the apprentices to learn more about their power?
Essay Topic 2
Carlos is warned that Don Juan's warriors may do anything to him when they meet, though they will not kill him.
Part 1: Why do you think that the warriors are unable to kill Carlos?
Part 2: Do you think that all people need to encounter warriors during their lives?
Part 3: What are some of the lessons that Carlos will learn as a result of meeting the warriors?
Essay Topic 3
Pablito runs away to Tula to die, but Carlos does not think that this needs to happen, so he runs after him in order to help.
Part 1: Do you think that Carlos was correct in running after a person who has decided to die?
Part 2: What would you have done if one of your friends had told you they wanted to die?
Part 3: How do you think that Pablito felt to have someone else come after him during this time?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)