Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Carlos suggest that he and La Gorda go for a drive when they are talking together?
2. Who does La Gorda meet with daily with Eligio while dreaming together, something which shocks everyone?
3. Carlos and La Gorda experience the force, but cannot recall the moment when _________ takes over to affect the will.
4. Who is NOT one of the Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited in this story as told in the book?
5. La Gorda and Carlos begin to argue about whether Carlos has been __________ as they begin remembering.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan describe as being the warrior's rule?
2. What does Silvio begin to realize about the group of people which has been gathered?
3. What happens the time that Carlos begins to dream about himself sleeping, as La Gorda finds out from asking?
4. What does La Gorda think about the Nagual Woman and what her purpose is for Carlos?
5. What has Don Juan foreseen happening to the apprentices when they are working together?
6. What happens during the time when La Gorda and Carlos spontaneously enter their dreaming bodies?
7. What does Carlos do in his dream once he realizes what he is supposed to do?
8. How does La Gorda shock the apprentices when she talks to them about Carlos?
9. What is the explanation for Carlos' physical experience which La Gorda shares with him?
10. What does Dona Soledad have to share with Carlos when he encounters her in the house?
Carlos accepts the fate to walk away from the others when he is told that he must, as this is the way of a warrior.
Part 1: Why do you think that Carlos didn't fight the dismissal by the other apprentices?
Part 2: Do you think you would have argued if you were in Carlos' shoes?
Part 3: How do you think you would feel if someone suddenly asked you to leave your position at work or at school?
La Gorda decides that they need to have a leader among the apprentices so that they might continue to learn, it seems.
Part 1: What is the importance of a leader among those who are trying to learn?
Part 2: Do you think that each of your classes has a leader among the class?
Part 3: How do you choose or designate a leader in your own life?
Carlos is shocked by himself when he takes command of the apprentices during one point of the story.
Part 1: Why does taking command feel surprising to Carlos?
Part 2: Does Carlos seem to be a person who is going to be comfortable with being in command?
Part 3: Why do you think that it's hard to be in command of others who are on the same level as you?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)