|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Name one of the apprentices who is supposed to be a part of the belly of the rattlesnake.
2. Which of the other apprentices knows that they have been there with other men and women?
3. Dona Soledad tells the apprentices that they lack the ____________ to cross over parallel lines and communicate.
4. Pablito shares with the groups that the _________ are gigantic 'not doings' which is where warriors dream and use second attention.
5. How many parts is the rattlesnake which the apprentices are supposed to be making up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the apprentices try to reach a power spot in the mountains?
2. What happens to Carlos when he is undergoing his westerly encounter?
3. What comes into focus when La Gorda slims down from her previously larger figure?
4. Who are the three Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited during the course of this book's story?
5. How might the structure of Naguals be described, according to the story and to Don Juan?
6. What does Florinda share with Carlos about the idea of the wheel of time?
7. What happens when La Gorda declares that the power spot has given them freedom at this point of the story?
8. What is missing from Silvio Manuel's house when the apprentices, and especially Josefina, see it?
9. Who are the three sisters with whom Carlos Castaneda is reunited during the course of this book?
10. What does Don Juan decree about the individual apprentices and what they need to do in order to enter the other awareness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carlos is shocked by himself when he takes command of the apprentices during one point of the story.
Part 1: Why does taking command feel surprising to Carlos?
Part 2: Does Carlos seem to be a person who is going to be comfortable with being in command?
Part 3: Why do you think that it's hard to be in command of others who are on the same level as you?
Essay Topic 2
Castaneda seems to be a student of Don Juan's who is never quite done learning with him, even if Don Juan is gone.
Part 1: Do you think that learning is ever something which ends?
Part 2: Why do you think that Castaneda has to continue to learn in his life?
Part 3: In what ways do you think that you still have learning to do? Or are you satisfied with all you have learned so far?
Essay Topic 3
The group of apprentices doesn't always see eye to eye on things, with the women often disagreeing with the men.
Part 1: Why do you think the men and the women might not be able to see eye to eye?
Part 2: Would the apprentices be able to learn more if they were always able to see eye to eye?
Part 3: What are some of the benefits to having disagreements with others?
This section contains 1,970 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)