|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Carlos remembers his ________ side, then the apprentices might be the ones who will work with him as a Nagual.
2. The apprentices and Carlos decide to go for ____________, which allows them time to talk.
3. Another name for second attention is the ____________ of consciousness, according to Don Juan and to La Gorda.
4. _________ can never be overcome, though it can be accessed while awake when there is more training involved.
5. Consciousness is divided into _________ parts, which need to be explored as an apprentice.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do La Gorda and Carlos agree to do when they begin to do dreaming together?
2. What does Carlos do in his dream once he realizes what he is supposed to do?
3. What happens when Carlos suggests they immerse themselves in dreaming?
4. What does Pablito offer about the ruins which Carlos has now visited in Tula?
5. What is the sign that the apprentices are ready to move on after the scuffle between Carlos and the women?
6. What is missing from Silvio Manuel's house when the apprentices, and especially Josefina, see it?
7. What are the two places the apprentices go to after shredding their old clothes in Veracruz?
8. What does Carlos realize about the four amorphous blobs of light he has seen? How did he respond to them?
9. Who are the three Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited during the course of this book's story?
10. When can the first attention be accessed when a person is awake, according to the lessons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carlos and La Gorda seem to share a bond which can not be easily described. It seems to be a bond in which they can be more powerful together than separate.
Part 1: Why do you think La Gorda and Carlos share a strong bond?
Part 2: Do you think that being with a partner always means that you will have a stronger ability to learn and grow?
Part 3: What might have happened has Carlos and La Gorda not have worked together?
Essay Topic 2
Carlos realizes that there is a Nagual Woman who is also a part of Don Juan.
Part 1: Why do you think it's possible that there is a female counterpart to Don Juan?
Part 2: Is it always necessary to have a female balance to the male energy?
Part 3: How do you think Carlos' training might have been different without the presence of women?
Essay Topic 3
Pablito runs away to Tula to die, but Carlos does not think that this needs to happen, so he runs after him in order to help.
Part 1: Do you think that Carlos was correct in running after a person who has decided to die?
Part 2: What would you have done if one of your friends had told you they wanted to die?
Part 3: How do you think that Pablito felt to have someone else come after him during this time?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)