|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos volunteers to _____________ when La Gorda despairs when seeing the large man blocking their way.
2. Which of the apprentices is the one who has lived in the area where the stone ruins rest?
3. Name one of the apprentices who is supposed to be a part of the belly of the rattlesnake.
4. __________says that Silvio gives Carlos all that he is, causing Carlos to not be seen as the leader anymore.
5. What is NOT one of the tasks which the apprentices might have to do when they are dreaming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pablito offer about the ruins which Carlos has now visited in Tula?
2. What do La Gorda and Carlos agree to do when they begin to do dreaming together?
3. Who are the three sisters with whom Carlos Castaneda is reunited during the course of this book?
4. How does La Gorda shock the apprentices when she talks to them about Carlos?
5. What does La Gorda think about the Nagual Woman and what her purpose is for Carlos?
6. What happens when the apprentices try to reach a power spot in the mountains?
7. What happens the time that Carlos begins to dream about himself sleeping, as La Gorda finds out from asking?
8. When can the first attention be accessed when a person is awake, according to the lessons?
9. What has Don Juan foreseen happening to the apprentices when they are working together?
10. To whom are the pyramids harmful, according to Pablito at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carlos accepts the fate to walk away from the others when he is told that he must, as this is the way of a warrior.
Part 1: Why do you think that Carlos didn't fight the dismissal by the other apprentices?
Part 2: Do you think you would have argued if you were in Carlos' shoes?
Part 3: How do you think you would feel if someone suddenly asked you to leave your position at work or at school?
Essay Topic 2
Carlos realizes that there is a Nagual Woman who is also a part of Don Juan.
Part 1: Why do you think it's possible that there is a female counterpart to Don Juan?
Part 2: Is it always necessary to have a female balance to the male energy?
Part 3: How do you think Carlos' training might have been different without the presence of women?
Essay Topic 3
Don Juan may have been the teacher of many, but he was not always perfect in his own actions and lessons.
Part 1: Why do you think ti's important to note that Don Juan is not perfect?
Part 2: Should teachers and leaders always be portrayed as being flawless?
Part 3: What are some of the flaws you've seen in teachers in your life? Does this make you respect them more or less?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)