|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos once, when dreaming, leaves the house through ____________ and has no sensation of moving at all.
2. Which person, out of duty, decides to act as if nothing is wrong with the situation?
3. Who pushed Carlos in the airline office, which signifies another power spot for him?
4. Which of the apprentices is the one who has lived in the area where the stone ruins rest?
5. How many times do Eligio and Josefina have to snatch La Gorda back from her dreaming at this point of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Carlos and La Gorda see when they are sitting on the bench in Oaxaca and resting their heads together?
2. When can the first attention be accessed when a person is awake, according to the lessons?
3. Who are the three Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited during the course of this book's story?
4. What happens when La Gorda declares that the power spot has given them freedom at this point of the story?
5. What is the sign that the apprentices are ready to move on after the scuffle between Carlos and the women?
6. What happens the time that Carlos begins to dream about himself sleeping, as La Gorda finds out from asking?
7. What is the image in Carlos' mind which plays when he is feverish in bed one day?
8. How does La Gorda shock the apprentices when she talks to them about Carlos?
9. What does La Gorda seem to recall in painful memories to the group about Carlos?
10. What do La Gorda and Carlos agree to do when they begin to do dreaming together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Carlos and La Gorda immerse themselves in dreaming, their fear and distrust lifts.
Part 1: Why do you think that fear and distrust leave as a result of dreaming together?
Part 2: Do you think it's possible to be in a relationship with others and not have some fear or distrust?
Part 3: How do you think your life would change without fear or distrust?
Essay Topic 2
La Gorda decides that they need to have a leader among the apprentices so that they might continue to learn, it seems.
Part 1: What is the importance of a leader among those who are trying to learn?
Part 2: Do you think that each of your classes has a leader among the class?
Part 3: How do you choose or designate a leader in your own life?
Essay Topic 3
Carlos is warned that Don Juan's warriors may do anything to him when they meet, though they will not kill him.
Part 1: Why do you think that the warriors are unable to kill Carlos?
Part 2: Do you think that all people need to encounter warriors during their lives?
Part 3: What are some of the lessons that Carlos will learn as a result of meeting the warriors?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)