|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does La Gorda meet with daily with Eligio while dreaming together, something which shocks everyone?
2. Who is Don Juan's feminine analogue, according to the remembering of Carlos?
3. Total ________ consists of the physical body and the luminous body that only seers are able to perceive.
4. Pablito shares with the groups that the _________ are gigantic 'not doings' which is where warriors dream and use second attention.
5. La Gorda says that Carlos' body is just beginning to ____________, just as she is having the same experience.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the apprentices try to reach a power spot in the mountains?
2. What does Zuleica's training of Carlos and La Gorda convince them both of, according to the story?
3. What has Don Juan foreseen happening to the apprentices when they are working together?
4. What does La Gorda think about the Nagual Woman and what her purpose is for Carlos?
5. What does Don Juan do in order to help Carlos calm down and to forget temporarily?
6. What does Carlos realize about the four amorphous blobs of light he has seen? How did he respond to them?
7. What is the final task of Don Juan as it is outlined in this book's section?
8. What happens when Don Juan and the others explode from within when they are undergoing their training?
9. What is the memory that La Gorda has about Silvio when she is not dreaming?
10. What is the sign that the apprentices are ready to move on after the scuffle between Carlos and the women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Carlos and La Gorda immerse themselves in dreaming, their fear and distrust lifts.
Part 1: Why do you think that fear and distrust leave as a result of dreaming together?
Part 2: Do you think it's possible to be in a relationship with others and not have some fear or distrust?
Part 3: How do you think your life would change without fear or distrust?
Essay Topic 2
Carlos realizes that there is a Nagual Woman who is also a part of Don Juan.
Part 1: Why do you think it's possible that there is a female counterpart to Don Juan?
Part 2: Is it always necessary to have a female balance to the male energy?
Part 3: How do you think Carlos' training might have been different without the presence of women?
Essay Topic 3
Carlos eventually learns that he must leave La Gorda in order to focus on his own attention.
Part 1: Do you think that it's necessary to learn about one's self alone?
Part 2: How do you think Carlos felt upon having to leave La Gorda for a while?
Part 3: Why do you think the timing was right for Carlos to be leaving La Gorda? Or wasn't it?
This section contains 1,985 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)