|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One time during Carlos' dream, the street becomes a primeval _________ in which Carlos finds himself.
2. Carlos attacked the blobs of light which appeared to be threatening by attacking them on their vulnerable ______ sides.
3. Pablito shares with the groups that the _________ are gigantic 'not doings' which is where warriors dream and use second attention.
4. When he hears the name of ____________, Carlos gets an odd shiver in his belly and alone sees where this person is.
5. Who is NOT one of the three sisters with whom Carlos is reunited in the story as told in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Carlos suggests they immerse themselves in dreaming?
2. What promise of Don Juan's does Nestor remind the group of apprentices of?
3. What happens the time that Carlos begins to dream about himself sleeping, as La Gorda finds out from asking?
4. What does Carlos do in his dream once he realizes what he is supposed to do?
5. What is the image in Carlos' mind which plays when he is feverish in bed one day?
6. What happens when La Gorda declares that the power spot has given them freedom at this point of the story?
7. To whom are the pyramids harmful, according to Pablito at the beginning of the book?
8. How does La Gorda shock the apprentices when she talks to them about Carlos?
9. What do La Gorda and Carlos agree to do when they begin to do dreaming together?
10. Who are the three Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited during the course of this book's story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Don Juan may have been the teacher of many, but he was not always perfect in his own actions and lessons.
Part 1: Why do you think ti's important to note that Don Juan is not perfect?
Part 2: Should teachers and leaders always be portrayed as being flawless?
Part 3: What are some of the flaws you've seen in teachers in your life? Does this make you respect them more or less?
Essay Topic 2
Dreaming is an important part of the work that Carlos and La Gorda do with each other and within themselves.
Part 1: Why do you think that dreaming is a time when a lot of important work can be done by the apprentices?
Part 2: Do you think that your own dreams are able to help you learn about your life?
Part 3: How do you think that dreaming could help the apprentices to learn more about their power?
Essay Topic 3
Carlos and La Gorda continue to work together, remembering things which they didn't realize they had forgotten.
Part 1: Why do you think certain memories only come up at certain times?
Part 2: Do you think that you have certain memories which you will not be able to remember in the present, but that you will be able to remember in the future?
Part 3: How do you think that you could make old memories resurface in your own mind?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)