|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Josefina seems to think that Silvio, or the ___________, is on the other side of the bridge.
2. Name one of the apprentices who is supposed to be a part of the belly of the rattlesnake.
3. Who is the apprentice to suggest that the students should immerse themselves in dreaming?
4. Carlos attacked the blobs of light which appeared to be threatening by attacking them on their vulnerable ______ sides.
5. What is so huge about the tiger who teaches Carlos how to breathe when he is dreaming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Carlos' body when he arrives back in Los Angeles and wakes up one morning?
2. What is the image in Carlos' mind which plays when he is feverish in bed one day?
3. What do La Gorda and Carlos agree to do when they begin to do dreaming together?
4. What happens when the apprentices try to reach a power spot in the mountains?
5. What happens during the process of ghost dreaming, according to Carlos and La Gorda?
6. What is the sign that the apprentices are ready to move on after the scuffle between Carlos and the women?
7. What happens when Carlos suggests they immerse themselves in dreaming?
8. How does La Gorda shock the apprentices when she talks to them about Carlos?
9. What happens when La Gorda declares that the power spot has given them freedom at this point of the story?
10. When can the first attention be accessed when a person is awake, according to the lessons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carlos eventually learns that he must leave La Gorda in order to focus on his own attention.
Part 1: Do you think that it's necessary to learn about one's self alone?
Part 2: How do you think Carlos felt upon having to leave La Gorda for a while?
Part 3: Why do you think the timing was right for Carlos to be leaving La Gorda? Or wasn't it?
Essay Topic 2
La Gorda decides that they need to have a leader among the apprentices so that they might continue to learn, it seems.
Part 1: What is the importance of a leader among those who are trying to learn?
Part 2: Do you think that each of your classes has a leader among the class?
Part 3: How do you choose or designate a leader in your own life?
Essay Topic 3
Don Juan has been training Carlos and the others to be warriors in the world.
Part 1: Why do you think that being a warrior is an important role? Do you think it is?
Part 2: How do you think modern day warriors are trained? Are they always soldiers?
Part 3: What do you think would happen if there were no warriors in the world?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)