|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan dispenses with the ritual, but insists on an omen - _______________.
(a) A horn.
(b) A loud bell.
(c) A traffic stop.
(d) A marching band.
2. What is the color of the sandstone and of the fog which La Gorda and Carlos both experience when they dream together?
3. When Carlos feels an intense itch near his body, Zuleica tells him to play it like a ___________.
4. What does Carlos gaze at from his wooden crate for hours at a time once he masters his lessons?
(b) The power spot.
5. The domineering father of the two sisters is going to join them for ____________, according to Vincente.
(c) The ritual.
Short Answer Questions
1. When must Florinda come back to the curer or else she would wish she were dead?
2. Each _________ is taught heightened awareness by his/her warrior counterpart so that he/she might teach others.
3. Naguals are ______ beings, occurring in male/female pairs, according to the teachings of Don Juan.
4. The art of stalking includes choosing your ______________ and discarding the unnecessary, as seen in the story of Florinda.
5. The woman shows the rare ability to turn off the __________ at will, turning it on and off as she likes.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in relation to action when a person is on the left side?
2. What is the memory that La Gorda has about Silvio when she is not dreaming?
3. What is the final task of Don Juan as it is outlined in this book's section?
4. What propels La Gorda and Carlos to experience extraordinary clarity and speed up of time?
5. How can one be sure that a Nagual man truly leads others?
6. What does the woman tell Carlos after chiding him for his snobbishness while sitting on the bench?
7. What does Florinda do when Carlos panics after being asked about Don Juan's teachings?
8. What does Zuleica's training of Carlos and La Gorda convince them both of, according to the story?
9. What is the second series of not-doings which Silvio introduces to La Gorda and to Carlos?
10. What is the sensation that Zuleica elicits in Carlos when they are working together?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)