|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color of the sandstone and of the fog which La Gorda and Carlos both experience when they dream together?
2. The culmination of Carlos' lessons with Zuleica is that he can ___________ while he is dreaming.
(c) Open his eyes.
3. Don Juan needs to find a new pair of _________ to serve as Naguals as a part of his training, some of his final training.
(b) Double beings.
4. Who is the one that receives a master plan when he is dreaming, though he does not share it with Carlos?
(b) Don Juan.
(d) La Gorda.
5. Don Juan's teacher is severe at times, waiting for ____________ to help themselves, according to Don Juan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eligio have to do for Carlos?
2. Warriors must break the _________ from within when it is the proper time to emerge from their cocoons.
3. Don Juan's _________ helps him to understand the facts of death, and so Don Juan helps his apprentices, especially Carlos.
4. The man and his warriors forget, scatter, and regain their totality, gathering __________ and then leave the world.
5. The new band of warriors does not seem to be able to break through to the ________ side.
Short Essay Questions
1. What propels La Gorda and Carlos to experience extraordinary clarity and speed up of time?
2. What does the woman tell Carlos after chiding him for his snobbishness while sitting on the bench?
3. How can one be sure that a Nagual man truly leads others?
4. What happens to Carlos when he is undergoing his westerly encounter?
5. What is the second series of not-doings which Silvio introduces to La Gorda and to Carlos?
6. Who is guarding the rural house in central Mexico, according to the story?
7. What does Don Juan's benefactor make him do at the start of this section of the book?
8. What happens during the time when La Gorda and Carlos spontaneously enter their dreaming bodies?
9. What is the warning that Carlos receives when he is to meet the warriors of Don Juan?
10. What happens when Don Juan and the others explode from within when they are undergoing their training?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)