|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take for La Gorda and Carlos to understand what has happened to them in their dream times together?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
2. What is the name of the man who Florinda marries at 18, though the man is 33 at the time?
3. What does Olinda need to learn in order to quickly become the Nagual woman of Don Juan?
(a) The luminous egg.
(b) The rule.
(c) The seeing.
(d) The body system.
4. ___________ house is a locus of power, a place where La Gorda and Carlos return after coming back through the fog bank.
(a) Don Genaro's.
(c) Don Manual's.
(d) Don Juan's.
5. Carlos is told that he must meet with Don Juan's __________, though they will not be able to kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the animal which Carlos and La Gorda see when they are dreaming together?
2. When Carlos feels an intense itch near his body, Zuleica tells him to play it like a ___________.
3. __________ deal with the world as business managers, using "controlled folly" as Carlos and La Gorda experience.
4. La Gorda and Carlos both remember ____________ moving them from the right side to the left side.
5. Naguals are ______ beings, occurring in male/female pairs, according to the teachings of Don Juan.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the second series of not-doings which Silvio introduces to La Gorda and to Carlos?
2. What happens during the time when La Gorda and Carlos spontaneously enter their dreaming bodies?
3. What is the sensation that Zuleica elicits in Carlos when they are working together?
4. How can one be sure that a Nagual man truly leads others?
5. What does Don Juan reveal to Carlos before one of his sessions with Florinda?
6. What happens when Don Juan and the others explode from within when they are undergoing their training?
7. What happens in relation to action when a person is on the left side?
8. Why does Zuleica have to work quickly to teach the idea of second attention to the apprentices?
9. What does the woman tell Carlos after chiding him for his snobbishness while sitting on the bench?
10. Who is guarding the rural house in central Mexico, according to the story?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)