|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it take for La Gorda to appear as something completely different from what she was assumed to be in the past?
(a) Slimming down.
(b) A light body.
(c) A new outfit.
(d) A colored mirror.
2. Silvio sends La Gorda and Carlos into an oppressively fatiguing and suffocating ________________.
(b) Wall of fog.
3. Don Juan dispenses with the ritual, but insists on an omen - _______________.
(a) A horn.
(b) A traffic stop.
(c) A loud bell.
(d) A marching band.
4. Zuleica informs Carlos that the impact of the itch makes it easier for students to enter ______________.
(d) Other universes.
5. What does Carlos see leaving his body when he allows himself to die peacefully?
(a) His image.
(b) Green dust.
(c) White vapor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins to form as the itch begins to grow nearer to him and to his body?
2. How many compartments does Carlos' luminous body have, which means that his students require a different rule?
3. Carlos practices on every volitional movement, minimizing _____________ as he does so.
4. The warrior's _______ ascribes the destiny of all living beings to the Eagle which feeds on awareness.
5. Who is the sullen courier and research assistant of Vicente, who joins Carlos and Don Juan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How might the structure of Naguals be described, according to the story and to Don Juan?
2. What is the second series of not-doings which Silvio introduces to La Gorda and to Carlos?
3. What is the memory that La Gorda has about Silvio when she is not dreaming?
4. What happens to Don Juan in order to help to cure him of lust during this apprenticeship?
5. Why does Zuleica have to work quickly to teach the idea of second attention to the apprentices?
6. What propels La Gorda and Carlos to experience extraordinary clarity and speed up of time?
7. What does Don Juan reveal to Carlos before one of his sessions with Florinda?
8. What comes into focus when La Gorda slims down from her previously larger figure?
9. What does Florinda teach to the Genaros when they are given to her for training?
10. What is the sensation that Zuleica elicits in Carlos when they are working together?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)