|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The warrior's _______ ascribes the destiny of all living beings to the Eagle which feeds on awareness.
2. The domineering father of the two sisters is going to join them for ____________, according to Vincente.
(d) The ritual.
3. Why does Don Juan leave Carlos sitting on a bench in the middle of Mexico?
(a) He needs to run errands.
(b) He is leaving town.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) He is bored with Carlos.
4. Carlos had only ever been between parallel lines under the influence of ___________________, he thought.
(c) Hallucinogenic plants.
(d) Trance drumming.
5. The culmination of Carlos' lessons with Zuleica is that he can ___________ while he is dreaming.
(a) Open his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlos see leaving his body when he allows himself to die peacefully?
2. When Carlos feels an intense itch near his body, Zuleica tells him to play it like a ___________.
3. Zuleica causes Carlos to have the sensation of sweeping the ____________ from the midpoint of his body.
4. The blows between the ____________ is what knocks the air out of the lungs of Carlos and La Gorda, which serves as a catalyst.
5. What is the symbol of the crossing in this section when the apprentices and others become familiar with the third attention at the Eagle's feet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zuleica have to work quickly to teach the idea of second attention to the apprentices?
2. What comes into focus when La Gorda slims down from her previously larger figure?
3. What is the warning that Carlos receives when he is to meet the warriors of Don Juan?
4. How might the structure of Naguals be described, according to the story and to Don Juan?
5. What is the sensation that Zuleica elicits in Carlos when they are working together?
6. What does the woman tell Carlos after chiding him for his snobbishness while sitting on the bench?
7. What does Zuleica's training of Carlos and La Gorda convince them both of, according to the story?
8. What happens in relation to action when a person is on the left side?
9. What does Florinda do when Carlos panics after being asked about Don Juan's teachings?
10. What happens when Don Juan and the others explode from within when they are undergoing their training?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)