|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who Florinda marries at 18, though the man is 33 at the time?
2. Who of the group regularly disappears and returns, telling tales of his findings when he's back?
(b) Don Juan.
3. Florinda teaches the Genaros advanced ____________, including techniques of controlled folly.
4. Who is the one who uses sorcerer's arts in order to abduct Olinda, while another plays the rescuer?
(a) Don Juan.
(b) Silvio Manuel.
(c) Don Genaro.
(d) Don Ricardo.
5. The domineering father of the two sisters is going to join them for ____________, according to Vincente.
(d) The ritual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the symbol of the crossing in this section when the apprentices and others become familiar with the third attention at the Eagle's feet?
2. Naguals have male and female ___________ who live in groupings and who only come together for strenuous tasks.
3. What sort of disease causes Florinda to seek out the advice of an Indian curer, forsaking her Catholic upbringing?
4. What does Zuleica want Carlos to study well, even as she chides him for staring at her?
5. Eligio tells Carlos about breaking into the __________ and takes him into the abyss with him.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silvio begin to realize about the group of people which has been gathered?
2. Why does Zuleica have to work quickly to teach the idea of second attention to the apprentices?
3. What happens to Carlos when he is undergoing his westerly encounter?
4. What does the woman tell Carlos after chiding him for his snobbishness while sitting on the bench?
5. What does Don Juan describe as being the warrior's rule?
6. What does Don Juan's benefactor make him do at the start of this section of the book?
7. What is the first of the not-doings which Carlos has to do according to Silvio as he instructs Carlos and La Gorda?
8. What happens during the time when La Gorda and Carlos spontaneously enter their dreaming bodies?
9. What comes into focus when La Gorda slims down from her previously larger figure?
10. What is the second series of not-doings which Silvio introduces to La Gorda and to Carlos?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)