|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings anguish to Carlos and to La Gorda as they are performing their tasks?
(a) Leaving the world.
(b) Their new relationship.
(c) Don Juan's death.
2. Don Juan shoves Carlos into the fog wall to attain his keenest state of ____________ before meeting with Florinda again.
3. Don Juan dispenses with the ritual, but insists on an omen - _______________.
(a) A marching band.
(b) A traffic stop.
(c) A horn.
(d) A loud bell.
4. No one, it seems, is worried about ___________ survival, as this person has been protected in many ways.
(b) La Gorda's.
5. What is the color of the sandstone and of the fog which La Gorda and Carlos both experience when they dream together?
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan needs to find a new pair of _________ to serve as Naguals as a part of his training, some of his final training.
2. Instead of wasting time, Don Juan decides to confront his apprentices with difficult situations and then forces them to ____________.
3. What does Zuleica want Carlos to study well, even as she chides him for staring at her?
4. What does Olinda need to learn in order to quickly become the Nagual woman of Don Juan?
5. What does Carlos see leaving his body when he allows himself to die peacefully?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in relation to action when a person is on the left side?
2. How might the structure of Naguals be described, according to the story and to Don Juan?
3. What happens during the time when La Gorda and Carlos spontaneously enter their dreaming bodies?
4. What does Zuleica's training of Carlos and La Gorda convince them both of, according to the story?
5. What does Florinda do when Carlos panics after being asked about Don Juan's teachings?
6. How does Don Juan approach the woman who he feels is a double woman?
7. What is the warning that Carlos receives when he is to meet the warriors of Don Juan?
8. What happens to Don Juan in order to help to cure him of lust during this apprenticeship?
9. Why does Zuleica have to work quickly to teach the idea of second attention to the apprentices?
10. What happens to Carlos when he is undergoing his westerly encounter?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)