|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The new band of warriors does not seem to be able to break through to the ________ side.
2. La Gorda and Carlos both remember ____________ moving them from the right side to the left side.
(c) Each other.
(d) Don Juan.
3. Florinda's first reaction and judgment of Carlos is that he appears to be ____________ in his learning and mannerisms.
4. What is the name of the man who Florinda marries at 18, though the man is 33 at the time?
5. __________ deal with the world as business managers, using "controlled folly" as Carlos and La Gorda experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eligio have to do for Carlos?
2. The culmination of Carlos' lessons with Zuleica is that he can ___________ while he is dreaming.
3. What do all of the members of Don Juan's party have to be experts at before they can seek out a Nagual woman?
4. Naguals are ______ beings, occurring in male/female pairs, according to the teachings of Don Juan.
5. How many compartments does Carlos' luminous body have, which means that his students require a different rule?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zuleica have to work quickly to teach the idea of second attention to the apprentices?
2. What is the difference between men and women, according to the lifestyle of Florinda?
3. What happens to Carlos when he is undergoing his westerly encounter?
4. What is the sensation that Zuleica elicits in Carlos when they are working together?
5. What happens when Don Juan and the others explode from within when they are undergoing their training?
6. What propels La Gorda and Carlos to experience extraordinary clarity and speed up of time?
7. How does Don Juan approach the woman who he feels is a double woman?
8. What is the first of the not-doings which Carlos has to do according to Silvio as he instructs Carlos and La Gorda?
9. Who is guarding the rural house in central Mexico, according to the story?
10. What is the warning that Carlos receives when he is to meet the warriors of Don Juan?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)