|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Naguals are ______ beings, occurring in male/female pairs, according to the teachings of Don Juan.
2. What does Zuleica want Carlos to study well, even as she chides him for staring at her?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her vagina.
(c) Her breasts.
(d) Her hands.
3. The woman shows the rare ability to turn off the __________ at will, turning it on and off as she likes.
(a) Fog wall.
4. Silvio sends La Gorda and Carlos into an oppressively fatiguing and suffocating ________________.
(a) Wall of fog.
5. Who is the one that receives a master plan when he is dreaming, though he does not share it with Carlos?
(a) La Gorda.
(b) Don Juan.
Short Answer Questions
1. La Gorda and Carlos both remember ____________ moving them from the right side to the left side.
2. The blows between the ____________ is what knocks the air out of the lungs of Carlos and La Gorda, which serves as a catalyst.
3. During what time of the day must the easterly encounter take place, according to ritual?
4. What does Carlos see leaving his body when he allows himself to die peacefully?
5. Don Juan's teacher is severe at times, waiting for ____________ to help themselves, according to Don Juan.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Carlos when he is undergoing his westerly encounter?
2. What is the first of the not-doings which Carlos has to do according to Silvio as he instructs Carlos and La Gorda?
3. How does Don Juan approach the woman who he feels is a double woman?
4. What does Don Juan give as a warning when he gives Carlos to Zuleica?
5. What does Florinda teach to the Genaros when they are given to her for training?
6. Who is guarding the rural house in central Mexico, according to the story?
7. What does Don Juan describe as being the warrior's rule?
8. What is the sensation that Zuleica elicits in Carlos when they are working together?
9. What does Don Juan's benefactor make him do at the start of this section of the book?
10. Why does Zuleica have to work quickly to teach the idea of second attention to the apprentices?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)