|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the animal which Carlos and La Gorda see when they are dreaming together?
2. Eligio tells Carlos about breaking into the __________ and takes him into the abyss with him.
3. What does it take for La Gorda to appear as something completely different from what she was assumed to be in the past?
(a) Slimming down.
(b) A new outfit.
(c) A light body.
(d) A colored mirror.
4. __________, seeing the Eagle's flux through the ages, interpret the rule of the warrior, according to Don Juan.
5. Another principle of stalking is to relax, fear nothing, and let the ____________ guide the stalker in his movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for La Gorda and Carlos to understand what has happened to them in their dream times together?
2. What happens to Celestino when he decides to accompany Florinda when she decides to go back for another visit?
3. What does Carlos gaze at from his wooden crate for hours at a time once he masters his lessons?
4. What does Carlos see leaving his body when he allows himself to die peacefully?
5. The two women who guard the house are ____________, the dreamer, and Delia, a stalker.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan describe as being the warrior's rule?
2. What happens in relation to action when a person is on the left side?
3. Who is guarding the rural house in central Mexico, according to the story?
4. What does Florinda do when Carlos panics after being asked about Don Juan's teachings?
5. What does the woman tell Carlos after chiding him for his snobbishness while sitting on the bench?
6. What is the first of the not-doings which Carlos has to do according to Silvio as he instructs Carlos and La Gorda?
7. What propels La Gorda and Carlos to experience extraordinary clarity and speed up of time?
8. What is the warning that Carlos receives when he is to meet the warriors of Don Juan?
9. What does Silvio begin to realize about the group of people which has been gathered?
10. What does Don Juan reveal to Carlos before one of his sessions with Florinda?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)