|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Each _________ is taught heightened awareness by his/her warrior counterpart so that he/she might teach others.
2. How long does it take for La Gorda and Carlos to understand what has happened to them in their dream times together?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two months.
3. Eligio tells Carlos about breaking into the __________ and takes him into the abyss with him.
4. Don Juan dispenses with the ritual, but insists on an omen - _______________.
(a) A traffic stop.
(b) A loud bell.
(c) A horn.
(d) A marching band.
5. What does Carlos gaze at from his wooden crate for hours at a time once he masters his lessons?
(c) The power spot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Olinda goes ahead to ___________ as Don Juan and his warriors collect a warrior band together.
2. Naguals are ______ beings, occurring in male/female pairs, according to the teachings of Don Juan.
3. Another principle of stalking is to relax, fear nothing, and let the ____________ guide the stalker in his movement.
4. What do all of the members of Don Juan's party have to be experts at before they can seek out a Nagual woman?
5. What sort of disease causes Florinda to seek out the advice of an Indian curer, forsaking her Catholic upbringing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What propels La Gorda and Carlos to experience extraordinary clarity and speed up of time?
2. What is the memory that La Gorda has about Silvio when she is not dreaming?
3. What happens in relation to action when a person is on the left side?
4. Why does Zuleica have to work quickly to teach the idea of second attention to the apprentices?
5. What does Florinda do when Carlos panics after being asked about Don Juan's teachings?
6. How does Don Juan approach the woman who he feels is a double woman?
7. What does Don Juan reveal to Carlos before one of his sessions with Florinda?
8. What comes into focus when La Gorda slims down from her previously larger figure?
9. What does Don Juan describe as being the warrior's rule?
10. How might the structure of Naguals be described, according to the story and to Don Juan?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)