|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan needs to find a new pair of _________ to serve as Naguals as a part of his training, some of his final training.
(c) Double beings.
2. Crossing over to freedom is not ___________, but a preservation of awareness that is normally lost at death.
(a) Eternal life.
(b) The goal.
(c) The end.
(d) The truth.
3. Who of the group regularly disappears and returns, telling tales of his findings when he's back?
(a) Don Juan.
4. Zuleica causes Carlos to have the sensation of sweeping the ____________ from the midpoint of his body.
5. Don Juan offers to show a government clerk the last of the Indian ___________ as a way to get her to become a being.
(d) Power dancers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The domineering father of the two sisters is going to join them for ____________, according to Vincente.
2. What sort of disease causes Florinda to seek out the advice of an Indian curer, forsaking her Catholic upbringing?
3. Naguals have male and female ___________ who live in groupings and who only come together for strenuous tasks.
4. The warrior's _______ ascribes the destiny of all living beings to the Eagle which feeds on awareness.
5. Instead of wasting time, Don Juan decides to confront his apprentices with difficult situations and then forces them to ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don Juan approach the woman who he feels is a double woman?
2. What is the first of the not-doings which Carlos has to do according to Silvio as he instructs Carlos and La Gorda?
3. What does Don Juan's benefactor make him do at the start of this section of the book?
4. Who is guarding the rural house in central Mexico, according to the story?
5. What does the woman tell Carlos after chiding him for his snobbishness while sitting on the bench?
6. What is the sensation that Zuleica elicits in Carlos when they are working together?
7. What does Don Juan describe as being the warrior's rule?
8. What happens to Don Juan in order to help to cure him of lust during this apprenticeship?
9. What happens in relation to action when a person is on the left side?
10. What does Florinda do when Carlos panics after being asked about Don Juan's teachings?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)