|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When must Florinda come back to the curer or else she would wish she were dead?
(a) Five days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Nine days.
(d) Twenty days.
2. Carlos and La Gorda now possess knowledge too detailed to speculate about its ______________.
3. The controlled folly techniques have everyone thinking that ____________ is Pablito's mother.
(a) La Gorda.
4. ___________ house is a locus of power, a place where La Gorda and Carlos return after coming back through the fog bank.
(a) Don Manual's.
(c) Don Juan's.
(d) Don Genaro's.
5. Eligio tells Carlos about breaking into the __________ and takes him into the abyss with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. The westerly encounter is a ritual or action which must take place at ___________, according to the teachings.
2. Who of the group regularly disappears and returns, telling tales of his findings when he's back?
3. How many compartments does Carlos' luminous body have, which means that his students require a different rule?
4. What does Zuleica want Carlos to study well, even as she chides him for staring at her?
5. Who is the one who uses sorcerer's arts in order to abduct Olinda, while another plays the rescuer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How might the structure of Naguals be described, according to the story and to Don Juan?
2. What is the memory that La Gorda has about Silvio when she is not dreaming?
3. What does the woman tell Carlos after chiding him for his snobbishness while sitting on the bench?
4. What happens during the time when La Gorda and Carlos spontaneously enter their dreaming bodies?
5. Why does Zuleica have to work quickly to teach the idea of second attention to the apprentices?
6. What does Don Juan describe as being the warrior's rule?
7. What does Don Juan reveal to Carlos before one of his sessions with Florinda?
8. What happens to Carlos when he is undergoing his westerly encounter?
9. What does Don Juan's benefactor make him do at the start of this section of the book?
10. What is the sensation that Zuleica elicits in Carlos when they are working together?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)