|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Don Juan leave Carlos sitting on a bench in the middle of Mexico?
(a) He is bored with Carlos.
(b) He is leaving town.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) He needs to run errands.
2. The man and his warriors forget, scatter, and regain their totality, gathering __________ and then leave the world.
3. Instead of wasting time, Don Juan decides to confront his apprentices with difficult situations and then forces them to ____________.
(b) Be in pain.
(c) Accept it.
(d) Figure it out.
4. Who is the sullen courier and research assistant of Vicente, who joins Carlos and Don Juan?
(a) Juan Tuma.
(b) La Gorda.
5. The women tell Vicente that one must protect, but not ___________ one's person as they chide him for his snobbishness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zuleica is an effective guide into the __________ attention, and is able to work quickly because of a schedule need.
2. Don Juan's _________ helps him to understand the facts of death, and so Don Juan helps his apprentices, especially Carlos.
3. One of the stalker rules is to try to unravel the mysteries without hope of ______________.
4. What is the symbol of the crossing in this section when the apprentices and others become familiar with the third attention at the Eagle's feet?
5. What does it take for La Gorda to appear as something completely different from what she was assumed to be in the past?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between men and women, according to the lifestyle of Florinda?
2. Who is guarding the rural house in central Mexico, according to the story?
3. What does Florinda do when Carlos panics after being asked about Don Juan's teachings?
4. What is the sensation that Zuleica elicits in Carlos when they are working together?
5. What does Don Juan give as a warning when he gives Carlos to Zuleica?
6. What happens to Carlos when he is undergoing his westerly encounter?
7. What comes into focus when La Gorda slims down from her previously larger figure?
8. What does Don Juan's benefactor make him do at the start of this section of the book?
9. What happens when Don Juan and the others explode from within when they are undergoing their training?
10. What does Zuleica's training of Carlos and La Gorda convince them both of, according to the story?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)