|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says he/she will meet up with Carlos at a later time since they are destined to work together as warriors?
(a) La Gorda.
(b) No one.
(d) Don Juan.
2. What is the second stage of dreaming in which the light dissipates and the dreamer views a static, frozen tableau?
(a) Restful vigil.
(b) Dynamic vigil.
(c) Dynamic initiative.
(d) Passive witnessing.
3. Which of the other apprentices knows that they have been there with other men and women?
4. Name one of the apprentices who is supposed to be the heart of the rattlesnake coupling.
(a) La Gorda.
5. Carlos recalls dreaming vividly about a Mexican song being played on a __________, as well as a beautiful woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. The apprentice speaks of the stone ruins in terms of the fearsome _______ and the peaceful tonal structures, which confuses Carlos.
2. Who is Don Juan's feminine analogue, according to the remembering of Carlos?
3. Where does the pressure in Carlos' body begin when he is still in Los Angeles?
4. __________says that Silvio gives Carlos all that he is, causing Carlos to not be seen as the leader anymore.
5. Who is NOT one of the three sisters with whom Carlos is reunited in the story as told in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does La Gorda think about the Nagual Woman and what her purpose is for Carlos?
2. What happens when Carlos suggests they immerse themselves in dreaming?
3. What does Carlos realize about the four amorphous blobs of light he has seen? How did he respond to them?
4. What is the order that Don Juan gives to Carlos in the dreaming about his interactions with La Gorda?
5. What is the explanation for Carlos' physical experience which La Gorda shares with him?
6. Who are the three sisters with whom Carlos Castaneda is reunited during the course of this book?
7. What is missing from Silvio Manuel's house when the apprentices, and especially Josefina, see it?
8. What are the two places the apprentices go to after shredding their old clothes in Veracruz?
9. What happens when La Gorda declares that the power spot has given them freedom at this point of the story?
10. What happens when Pablito tells the others he is going to Tula in order to die?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)