|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says he/she will meet up with Carlos at a later time since they are destined to work together as warriors?
(b) La Gorda.
(c) No one.
(d) Don Juan.
2. La Gorda and Carlos begin to argue about whether Carlos has been __________ as they begin remembering.
3. Pablito shares with the groups that the _________ are gigantic 'not doings' which is where warriors dream and use second attention.
(a) Bath houses.
4. Who is NOT one of the three sisters with whom Carlos is reunited in the story as told in the book?
5. La Gorda becomes angry at being reminded that she is an unbearable _______ -- empty while wanting to be cute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Josefina seems to think that Silvio, or the ___________, is on the other side of the bridge.
2. Where do La Gorda and Lydia go at the beginning of this section, according to the storytelling?
3. __________says that Silvio gives Carlos all that he is, causing Carlos to not be seen as the leader anymore.
4. Who pushed Carlos in the airline office, which signifies another power spot for him?
5. Carlos feels an intense feeling of __________ right before he suddenly blacks out with the apprentices.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do La Gorda and Carlos agree to do when they begin to do dreaming together?
2. Who are the three Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited during the course of this book's story?
3. What is the explanation for Carlos' physical experience which La Gorda shares with him?
4. What does Carlos do in his dream once he realizes what he is supposed to do?
5. What happens when the apprentices try to reach a power spot in the mountains?
6. What does Carlos realize about the four amorphous blobs of light he has seen? How did he respond to them?
7. What happens to Carlos' body when he arrives back in Los Angeles and wakes up one morning?
8. What does La Gorda seem to recall in painful memories to the group about Carlos?
9. What happens when La Gorda declares that the power spot has given them freedom at this point of the story?
10. What is the image in Carlos' mind which plays when he is feverish in bed one day?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)