|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Name one of the apprentices who is supposed to be a part of the belly of the rattlesnake.
2. Carlos volunteers to _____________ when La Gorda despairs when seeing the large man blocking their way.
(b) Curse him.
(c) Lead them another way.
3. The goal of becoming and learning to be a sorcerer is to reach this luminous _____________.
4. What is the name of the person who got Carlos the peyote plants he used to need when working with Don Juan?
(c) La Gorda.
5. How many times do Eligio and Josefina have to snatch La Gorda back from her dreaming at this point of the story?
(b) Four times.
(c) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. One time during Carlos' dream, the street becomes a primeval _________ in which Carlos finds himself.
2. One of the structures at the ruins has been destroyed by warriors of the _________ attention, according to some.
3. Carlos remembers when he was a younger apprentice that he was hidden away while ___________ had a lady caller.
4. La Gorda admits to feeling asexually like __________ woman at this certain point of the story.
5. What is the second stage of dreaming in which the light dissipates and the dreamer views a static, frozen tableau?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Don Juan foreseen happening to the apprentices when they are working together?
2. What do Carlos and La Gorda see when they are sitting on the bench in Oaxaca and resting their heads together?
3. What is the explanation for Carlos' physical experience which La Gorda shares with him?
4. What happens the time that Carlos begins to dream about himself sleeping, as La Gorda finds out from asking?
5. What does Pablito offer about the ruins which Carlos has now visited in Tula?
6. What are the two places the apprentices go to after shredding their old clothes in Veracruz?
7. What promise of Don Juan's does Nestor remind the group of apprentices of?
8. What is the order that Don Juan gives to Carlos in the dreaming about his interactions with La Gorda?
9. What happens when La Gorda declares that the power spot has given them freedom at this point of the story?
10. What is the sign that the apprentices are ready to move on after the scuffle between Carlos and the women?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)