|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carlos realizes that he has learned to turn off his _________ and he believes that La Gorda is the catalyst.
(a) Inner dialogue.
(d) Thinking side.
2. The apprentices get the feeling that they are supposed to go _______, never to return home again.
3. __________says that Silvio gives Carlos all that he is, causing Carlos to not be seen as the leader anymore.
(c) Don Juan.
4. Another name for second attention is the ____________ of consciousness, according to Don Juan and to La Gorda.
5. What is so huge about the tiger who teaches Carlos how to breathe when he is dreaming?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the one that first mentioned the idea of ghost dreaming, which La Gorda nervously recalls?
2. Don Juan orders Carlos to learn by interacting with __________ to face life's trying situations.
3. What is Carlos' position among the apprentices which causes him to make the decision to stop the man from going off to die?
4. Why does Carlos begin to realize what he needs to do within the dream he continues to have?
5. Which person, out of duty, decides to act as if nothing is wrong with the situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the time that Carlos begins to dream about himself sleeping, as La Gorda finds out from asking?
2. How does La Gorda shock the apprentices when she talks to them about Carlos?
3. What does La Gorda seem to recall in painful memories to the group about Carlos?
4. What happens when La Gorda declares that the power spot has given them freedom at this point of the story?
5. What is the order that Don Juan gives to Carlos in the dreaming about his interactions with La Gorda?
6. What do Carlos and La Gorda see when they are sitting on the bench in Oaxaca and resting their heads together?
7. What does Pablito offer about the ruins which Carlos has now visited in Tula?
8. Who are the three sisters with whom Carlos Castaneda is reunited during the course of this book?
9. What promise of Don Juan's does Nestor remind the group of apprentices of?
10. What do La Gorda and Carlos agree to do when they begin to do dreaming together?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)