|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the memory of what happened with Silvio, the women remember not being hurt, but being _____________.
(c) Paralyzed with fear.
2. Name one of the apprentices who is supposed to be a part of the belly of the rattlesnake.
3. Carlos has visited ________ where there are stone ruins where colossal figures are said to walk at night.
(b) Mexico City.
4. Carlos attacked the blobs of light which appeared to be threatening by attacking them on their vulnerable ______ sides.
5. Who tries to stop Carlos from stopping the person who decides to go off to die in the city?
(b) The women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the preliminary state of dreaming in which the senses grow dormant, though the person is still aware?
2. Carlos and La Gorda experience the force, but cannot recall the moment when _________ takes over to affect the will.
3. To where does Carlos suggest that he and La Gorda go for a drive when they are talking together?
4. Who is the character who needs to move back and forth between two areas - Los Angeles and Mexico?
5. What do the apprentices examine when they come into a new town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dona Soledad have to share with Carlos when he encounters her in the house?
2. What happens to Carlos' body when he arrives back in Los Angeles and wakes up one morning?
3. What does Pablito offer about the ruins which Carlos has now visited in Tula?
4. What is the image in Carlos' mind which plays when he is feverish in bed one day?
5. What is the sign that the apprentices are ready to move on after the scuffle between Carlos and the women?
6. Who are the three sisters with whom Carlos Castaneda is reunited during the course of this book?
7. What happens when Pablito tells the others he is going to Tula in order to die?
8. What does La Gorda seem to recall in painful memories to the group about Carlos?
9. What are the two places the apprentices go to after shredding their old clothes in Veracruz?
10. Who are the three Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited during the course of this book's story?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)