|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the apprentices is Carlos closest to? Which one is the one with whom Carlos feels and shares the greatest affinity?
(c) La Gorda.
2. Consciousness is divided into _________ parts, which need to be explored as an apprentice.
3. Which of the apprentices is the only one in a good mood, according to the way the story is told?
(c) La Gorda.
4. Carlos has visited ________ where there are stone ruins where colossal figures are said to walk at night.
(a) Mexico City.
5. Who says he/she will meet up with Carlos at a later time since they are destined to work together as warriors?
(a) No one.
(b) La Gorda.
(d) Don Juan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to stop Carlos from stopping the person who decides to go off to die in the city?
2. La Gorda and Carlos begin to remember a woman in a ___________ car from their times with Don Juan.
3. Don Juan orders Carlos to learn by interacting with __________ to face life's trying situations.
4. What is Carlos' position among the apprentices which causes him to make the decision to stop the man from going off to die?
5. When he hears the name of ____________, Carlos gets an odd shiver in his belly and alone sees where this person is.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Carlos' body when he arrives back in Los Angeles and wakes up one morning?
2. What happens when the apprentices try to reach a power spot in the mountains?
3. What has Don Juan foreseen happening to the apprentices when they are working together?
4. How does La Gorda shock the apprentices when she talks to them about Carlos?
5. Who are the three Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited during the course of this book's story?
6. What does Carlos realize about the four amorphous blobs of light he has seen? How did he respond to them?
7. Who are the three sisters with whom Carlos Castaneda is reunited during the course of this book?
8. What is the explanation for Carlos' physical experience which La Gorda shares with him?
9. What does La Gorda seem to recall in painful memories to the group about Carlos?
10. What happens during the process of ghost dreaming, according to Carlos and La Gorda?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)