|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character who needs to move back and forth between two areas - Los Angeles and Mexico?
(b) La Gorda.
2. Which of the apprentices is the one who has lived in the area where the stone ruins rest?
(b) La Gorda.
3. Carlos volunteers to _____________ when La Gorda despairs when seeing the large man blocking their way.
(a) Curse him.
(d) Lead them another way.
4. La Gorda insists they have lived in that house while on the ________ side, so this should have given them power.
5. What is so huge about the tiger who teaches Carlos how to breathe when he is dreaming?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second stage of dreaming in which the light dissipates and the dreamer views a static, frozen tableau?
2. Carlos realizes that he has learned to turn off his _________ and he believes that La Gorda is the catalyst.
3. ___________ allows that Carlos may not have been trying to hurt anyone, but he might be an unwilling envoy.
4. The author, Carlos Castaneda, is a/an ____________from the University of California, Los Angeles.
5. What is NOT one of the tasks which the apprentices might have to do when they are dreaming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the explanation for Carlos' physical experience which La Gorda shares with him?
2. Who are the three Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited during the course of this book's story?
3. To whom are the pyramids harmful, according to Pablito at the beginning of the book?
4. What has Don Juan foreseen happening to the apprentices when they are working together?
5. What promise of Don Juan's does Nestor remind the group of apprentices of?
6. What happens when Pablito tells the others he is going to Tula in order to die?
7. What happens when the apprentices try to reach a power spot in the mountains?
8. What do Carlos and La Gorda see when they are sitting on the bench in Oaxaca and resting their heads together?
9. What does Dona Soledad have to share with Carlos when he encounters her in the house?
10. What happens when Carlos suggests they immerse themselves in dreaming?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)