|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the structures at the ruins has been destroyed by warriors of the _________ attention, according to some.
2. Which of the apprentices is the one who has lived in the area where the stone ruins rest?
(c) La Gorda.
3. Which of the other apprentices knows that they have been there with other men and women?
4. Which person, out of duty, decides to act as if nothing is wrong with the situation?
(d) La Gorda.
5. Who is NOT one of the Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited in this story as told in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. The apprentices get the feeling that they are supposed to go _______, never to return home again.
2. Carlos volunteers to _____________ when La Gorda despairs when seeing the large man blocking their way.
3. Which group has been cold to Carlos up until the point that they begin to remember some forgotten past deed?
4. _________ can never be overcome, though it can be accessed while awake when there is more training involved.
5. What is the stage of dreaming in which the dreamer takes action?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does La Gorda think about the Nagual Woman and what her purpose is for Carlos?
2. What happens when Carlos suggests they immerse themselves in dreaming?
3. What are the two places the apprentices go to after shredding their old clothes in Veracruz?
4. What is the sign that the apprentices are ready to move on after the scuffle between Carlos and the women?
5. What is the image in Carlos' mind which plays when he is feverish in bed one day?
6. What has Don Juan foreseen happening to the apprentices when they are working together?
7. What do La Gorda and Carlos agree to do when they begin to do dreaming together?
8. Who are the three Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited during the course of this book's story?
9. What happens the time that Carlos begins to dream about himself sleeping, as La Gorda finds out from asking?
10. When can the first attention be accessed when a person is awake, according to the lessons?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)