|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carlos feels an intense feeling of __________ right before he suddenly blacks out with the apprentices.
2. _________ can never be overcome, though it can be accessed while awake when there is more training involved.
(a) First attention.
(b) Second attention.
(d) Third attention.
3. Once Carlos remembers his ________ side, then the apprentices might be the ones who will work with him as a Nagual.
4. Carlos recalls dreaming vividly about a Mexican song being played on a __________, as well as a beautiful woman.
5. Name one of the apprentices who is supposed to be a part of the belly of the rattlesnake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos attacked the blobs of light which appeared to be threatening by attacking them on their vulnerable ______ sides.
2. La Gorda demands nine days of ___________ after she and Carlos have talked, in order to allow for a chance to heal.
3. La Gorda decides to divert Carlos into talking about his ______________ when they are together.
4. How many times do Eligio and Josefina have to snatch La Gorda back from her dreaming at this point of the story?
5. What does Carlos do when La Gorda insists that Carlos had been a close helper of Silvio's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the explanation for Carlos' physical experience which La Gorda shares with him?
2. What do Carlos and La Gorda see when they are sitting on the bench in Oaxaca and resting their heads together?
3. What does La Gorda seem to recall in painful memories to the group about Carlos?
4. What does La Gorda think about the Nagual Woman and what her purpose is for Carlos?
5. What happens when La Gorda declares that the power spot has given them freedom at this point of the story?
6. To whom are the pyramids harmful, according to Pablito at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Dona Soledad have to share with Carlos when he encounters her in the house?
8. What promise of Don Juan's does Nestor remind the group of apprentices of?
9. What are the two places the apprentices go to after shredding their old clothes in Veracruz?
10. What do La Gorda and Carlos agree to do when they begin to do dreaming together?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)