|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. La Gorda insists they have lived in that house while on the ________ side, so this should have given them power.
2. Carlos has visited ________ where there are stone ruins where colossal figures are said to walk at night.
(c) Mexico City.
3. The author, Carlos Castaneda, is a/an ____________from the University of California, Los Angeles.
(b) English professor.
4. Dona Soledad tells the apprentices that they lack the ____________ to cross over parallel lines and communicate.
5. Who is the one that first mentioned the idea of ghost dreaming, which La Gorda nervously recalls?
(a) No one.
(b) Don Juan.
(c) Don Genaro.
(d) Don Silvio.
Short Answer Questions
1. La Gorda says that Carlos' body is just beginning to ____________, just as she is having the same experience.
2. What is the second stage of dreaming in which the light dissipates and the dreamer views a static, frozen tableau?
3. Which of the apprentices is Carlos closest to? Which one is the one with whom Carlos feels and shares the greatest affinity?
4. What is Carlos' position among the apprentices which causes him to make the decision to stop the man from going off to die?
5. Which of the apprentices is the one who has lived in the area where the stone ruins rest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is missing from Silvio Manuel's house when the apprentices, and especially Josefina, see it?
2. What does Carlos realize about the four amorphous blobs of light he has seen? How did he respond to them?
3. To whom are the pyramids harmful, according to Pablito at the beginning of the book?
4. What happens to Carlos' body when he arrives back in Los Angeles and wakes up one morning?
5. What do La Gorda and Carlos agree to do when they begin to do dreaming together?
6. What happens when Pablito tells the others he is going to Tula in order to die?
7. What does La Gorda seem to recall in painful memories to the group about Carlos?
8. What is the image in Carlos' mind which plays when he is feverish in bed one day?
9. What does Dona Soledad have to share with Carlos when he encounters her in the house?
10. What is the explanation for Carlos' physical experience which La Gorda shares with him?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)