|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does La Gorda meet with daily with Eligio while dreaming together, something which shocks everyone?
2. The author, Carlos Castaneda, is a/an ____________from the University of California, Los Angeles.
(b) English professor.
3. Carlos and La Gorda experience the force, but cannot recall the moment when _________ takes over to affect the will.
4. Consciousness is divided into _________ parts, which need to be explored as an apprentice.
5. Where do La Gorda and Lydia go at the beginning of this section, according to the storytelling?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the apprentices is the one who has lived in the area where the stone ruins rest?
2. Another name for second attention is the ____________ of consciousness, according to Don Juan and to La Gorda.
3. Name one of the apprentices who is supposed to be a part of the belly of the rattlesnake.
4. Who is NOT one of the Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited in this story as told in the book?
5. Josefina seems to think that Silvio, or the ___________, is on the other side of the bridge.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between men and women, according to the lifestyle of Florinda?
2. To whom are the pyramids harmful, according to Pablito at the beginning of the book?
3. What is the explanation for Carlos' physical experience which La Gorda shares with him?
4. What does Florinda share with Carlos about the idea of the wheel of time?
5. What does Don Juan give as a warning when he gives Carlos to Zuleica?
6. How can one be sure that a Nagual man truly leads others?
7. What comes into focus when La Gorda slims down from her previously larger figure?
8. What happens during the time when La Gorda and Carlos spontaneously enter their dreaming bodies?
9. What is the first of the not-doings which Carlos has to do according to Silvio as he instructs Carlos and La Gorda?
10. What happens when La Gorda declares that the power spot has given them freedom at this point of the story?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)