|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the apprentices is the one who has lived in the area where the stone ruins rest?
(d) La Gorda.
2. Where does the pressure in Carlos' body begin when he is still in Los Angeles?
(a) Left leg.
3. What is the second stage of dreaming in which the light dissipates and the dreamer views a static, frozen tableau?
(a) Restful vigil.
(b) Dynamic vigil.
(c) Dynamic initiative.
(d) Passive witnessing.
4. Name one of the apprentices who is supposed to be the heart of the rattlesnake coupling.
(a) La Gorda.
5. _________ can never be overcome, though it can be accessed while awake when there is more training involved.
(a) Third attention.
(b) Second attention.
(d) First attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many parts is the rattlesnake which the apprentices are supposed to be making up?
2. La Gorda demands nine days of ___________ after she and Carlos have talked, in order to allow for a chance to heal.
3. La Gorda and Carlos rest together on the favorite ___________ of Don Juan and of Don Genaro.
4. __________says that Silvio gives Carlos all that he is, causing Carlos to not be seen as the leader anymore.
5. La Gorda admits to feeling asexually like __________ woman at this certain point of the story.
Short Essay Questions
1. When can the first attention be accessed when a person is awake, according to the lessons?
2. What is the sign that the apprentices are ready to move on after the scuffle between Carlos and the women?
3. What does Dona Soledad have to share with Carlos when he encounters her in the house?
4. What is missing from Silvio Manuel's house when the apprentices, and especially Josefina, see it?
5. How does La Gorda shock the apprentices when she talks to them about Carlos?
6. What are the two places the apprentices go to after shredding their old clothes in Veracruz?
7. What is the image in Carlos' mind which plays when he is feverish in bed one day?
8. What happens when La Gorda declares that the power spot has given them freedom at this point of the story?
9. What promise of Don Juan's does Nestor remind the group of apprentices of?
10. What happens to Carlos' body when he arrives back in Los Angeles and wakes up one morning?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)