|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The apprentices get the feeling that they are supposed to go _______, never to return home again.
2. Name one of the apprentices who is supposed to be the heart of the rattlesnake coupling.
(d) La Gorda.
3. Carlos and La Gorda experience the force, but cannot recall the moment when _________ takes over to affect the will.
4. _________ can never be overcome, though it can be accessed while awake when there is more training involved.
(b) First attention.
(c) Second attention.
(d) Third attention.
5. Why does Carlos begin to realize what he needs to do within the dream he continues to have?
(a) It continues to recur.
(b) A voice tells him.
(c) He doesn't find out what he needs to do.
(d) He finds a note.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to stop Carlos from stopping the person who decides to go off to die in the city?
2. Don Juan orders Carlos to learn by interacting with __________ to face life's trying situations.
3. Carlos feels an intense feeling of __________ right before he suddenly blacks out with the apprentices.
4. Which of the apprentices is Carlos closest to? Which one is the one with whom Carlos feels and shares the greatest affinity?
5. What is NOT one of the tasks which the apprentices might have to do when they are dreaming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pablito offer about the ruins which Carlos has now visited in Tula?
2. When can the first attention be accessed when a person is awake, according to the lessons?
3. What happens during the process of ghost dreaming, according to Carlos and La Gorda?
4. What is the image in Carlos' mind which plays when he is feverish in bed one day?
5. What happens to Carlos' body when he arrives back in Los Angeles and wakes up one morning?
6. Who are the three sisters with whom Carlos Castaneda is reunited during the course of this book?
7. What does La Gorda think about the Nagual Woman and what her purpose is for Carlos?
8. What happens when Carlos suggests they immerse themselves in dreaming?
9. What is missing from Silvio Manuel's house when the apprentices, and especially Josefina, see it?
10. How does La Gorda shock the apprentices when she talks to them about Carlos?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)