|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. La Gorda becomes angry at being reminded that she is an unbearable _______ -- empty while wanting to be cute.
2. Once Carlos remembers his ________ side, then the apprentices might be the ones who will work with him as a Nagual.
3. Which group has been cold to Carlos up until the point that they begin to remember some forgotten past deed?
(a) The little sisters.
(b) The Naguals.
(c) The Tonals.
(d) The men.
4. How many times do Eligio and Josefina have to snatch La Gorda back from her dreaming at this point of the story?
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
5. ___________ allows that Carlos may not have been trying to hurt anyone, but he might be an unwilling envoy.
(c) La Gorda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Total ________ consists of the physical body and the luminous body that only seers are able to perceive.
2. Who is the one that first mentioned the idea of ghost dreaming, which La Gorda nervously recalls?
3. What is Carlos' position among the apprentices which causes him to make the decision to stop the man from going off to die?
4. La Gorda demands nine days of ___________ after she and Carlos have talked, in order to allow for a chance to heal.
5. Carlos attacked the blobs of light which appeared to be threatening by attacking them on their vulnerable ______ sides.
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom are the pyramids harmful, according to Pablito at the beginning of the book?
2. What does La Gorda think about the Nagual Woman and what her purpose is for Carlos?
3. What promise of Don Juan's does Nestor remind the group of apprentices of?
4. When can the first attention be accessed when a person is awake, according to the lessons?
5. Who are the three sisters with whom Carlos Castaneda is reunited during the course of this book?
6. What happens when La Gorda declares that the power spot has given them freedom at this point of the story?
7. What happens to Carlos' body when he arrives back in Los Angeles and wakes up one morning?
8. What is the image in Carlos' mind which plays when he is feverish in bed one day?
9. What is the explanation for Carlos' physical experience which La Gorda shares with him?
10. What happens when Pablito tells the others he is going to Tula in order to die?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)