|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carlos realizes that he has learned to turn off his _________ and he believes that La Gorda is the catalyst.
(b) Inner dialogue.
(d) Thinking side.
2. The apprentices and Carlos decide to go for ____________, which allows them time to talk.
(a) A beer.
(b) A hot meal at a restaurant.
(c) A Sunday drive.
(d) A nap.
3. Who is the apprentice to suggest that the students should immerse themselves in dreaming?
(b) La Gorda.
4. Name one of the apprentices who is supposed to be the heart of the rattlesnake coupling.
(a) La Gorda.
5. What is the preliminary state of dreaming in which the senses grow dormant, though the person is still aware?
(a) Restful vigil.
(b) Passive witnessing.
(c) Dynamic vigil.
(d) Dynamic initiative.
Short Answer Questions
1. The apprentice speaks of the stone ruins in terms of the fearsome _______ and the peaceful tonal structures, which confuses Carlos.
2. The author, Carlos Castaneda, is a/an ____________from the University of California, Los Angeles.
3. Fearing for his life, Carlos begins to change, "I will dart past the _________ to be free."
4. To where does Carlos suggest that he and La Gorda go for a drive when they are talking together?
5. Dona Soledad tells the apprentices that they lack the ____________ to cross over parallel lines and communicate.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the image in Carlos' mind which plays when he is feverish in bed one day?
2. What is the sign that the apprentices are ready to move on after the scuffle between Carlos and the women?
3. What is the explanation for Carlos' physical experience which La Gorda shares with him?
4. What does La Gorda think about the Nagual Woman and what her purpose is for Carlos?
5. What does Pablito offer about the ruins which Carlos has now visited in Tula?
6. Who are the three Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited during the course of this book's story?
7. What is missing from Silvio Manuel's house when the apprentices, and especially Josefina, see it?
8. What has Don Juan foreseen happening to the apprentices when they are working together?
9. What are the two places the apprentices go to after shredding their old clothes in Veracruz?
10. Who are the three sisters with whom Carlos Castaneda is reunited during the course of this book?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)