|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carlos recalls that the Nagual woman provides the _______ from which he reads to Don Juan.
2. Carlos has visited ________ where there are stone ruins where colossal figures are said to walk at night.
(d) Mexico City.
3. Carlos recalls dreaming vividly about a Mexican song being played on a __________, as well as a beautiful woman.
4. As a result of working with the tiger in the dream, Carlos begins to feel more ______________.
5. Which of the apprentices is the only one in a good mood, according to the way the story is told?
(c) La Gorda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos remembers when he was a younger apprentice that he was hidden away while ___________ had a lady caller.
2. What is so huge about the tiger who teaches Carlos how to breathe when he is dreaming?
3. La Gorda becomes angry at being reminded that she is an unbearable _______ -- empty while wanting to be cute.
4. Carlos feels an intense feeling of __________ right before he suddenly blacks out with the apprentices.
5. Which of the apprentices decides to run away to Tula in order to die, though Carlos will not let him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does La Gorda think about the Nagual Woman and what her purpose is for Carlos?
2. What does Dona Soledad have to share with Carlos when he encounters her in the house?
3. What do Carlos and La Gorda see when they are sitting on the bench in Oaxaca and resting their heads together?
4. What happens when La Gorda declares that the power spot has given them freedom at this point of the story?
5. What is the image in Carlos' mind which plays when he is feverish in bed one day?
6. Who are the three sisters with whom Carlos Castaneda is reunited during the course of this book?
7. What happens during the process of ghost dreaming, according to Carlos and La Gorda?
8. What promise of Don Juan's does Nestor remind the group of apprentices of?
9. To whom are the pyramids harmful, according to Pablito at the beginning of the book?
10. What is missing from Silvio Manuel's house when the apprentices, and especially Josefina, see it?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)