|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pushed Carlos in the airline office, which signifies another power spot for him?
(a) Don Juan.
(b) No one.
(c) Don Silvio.
(d) Don Genaro.
2. La Gorda decides to divert Carlos into talking about his ______________ when they are together.
(b) Drug use.
3. To where does Carlos suggest that he and La Gorda go for a drive when they are talking together?
(a) Mexico City.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Baja City.
4. Which person, out of duty, decides to act as if nothing is wrong with the situation?
(c) La Gorda.
5. What is the stage of dreaming in which the dreamer takes action?
(a) Passive witnessing.
(b) Dynamic vigil.
(c) Restful vigil.
(d) Dynamic initiative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so huge about the tiger who teaches Carlos how to breathe when he is dreaming?
2. How many times do Eligio and Josefina have to snatch La Gorda back from her dreaming at this point of the story?
3. What do the apprentices examine when they come into a new town?
4. What is NOT one of the tasks which the apprentices might have to do when they are dreaming?
5. What is the preliminary state of dreaming in which the senses grow dormant, though the person is still aware?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does La Gorda shock the apprentices when she talks to them about Carlos?
2. Who are the three Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited during the course of this book's story?
3. When can the first attention be accessed when a person is awake, according to the lessons?
4. What does La Gorda seem to recall in painful memories to the group about Carlos?
5. What has Don Juan foreseen happening to the apprentices when they are working together?
6. What is missing from Silvio Manuel's house when the apprentices, and especially Josefina, see it?
7. Who are the three sisters with whom Carlos Castaneda is reunited during the course of this book?
8. What happens when the apprentices try to reach a power spot in the mountains?
9. What is the image in Carlos' mind which plays when he is feverish in bed one day?
10. What do La Gorda and Carlos agree to do when they begin to do dreaming together?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)