|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he hears the name of ____________, Carlos gets an odd shiver in his belly and alone sees where this person is.
(a) Don Juan.
(b) Don Genaro.
(c) Don Silvio.
(d) Dona Soledad.
2. Where does Carlos meet people that he knows when he continues to have his dreams?
(b) Coffee shop.
3. __________ reminds everyone that Don Juan promised them that he would give them a sign to leave the world.
4. Total ________ consists of the physical body and the luminous body that only seers are able to perceive.
5. To where does Carlos suggest that he and La Gorda go for a drive when they are talking together?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) Baja City.
(d) Mexico City.
Short Answer Questions
1. La Gorda decides to divert Carlos into talking about his ______________ when they are together.
2. _________ can never be overcome, though it can be accessed while awake when there is more training involved.
3. Carlos feels an intense feeling of __________ right before he suddenly blacks out with the apprentices.
4. Carlos volunteers to _____________ when La Gorda despairs when seeing the large man blocking their way.
5. What is NOT one of the tasks which the apprentices might have to do when they are dreaming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carlos realize about the four amorphous blobs of light he has seen? How did he respond to them?
2. What does Carlos do in his dream once he realizes what he is supposed to do?
3. What promise of Don Juan's does Nestor remind the group of apprentices of?
4. What is the sign that the apprentices are ready to move on after the scuffle between Carlos and the women?
5. What happens when La Gorda declares that the power spot has given them freedom at this point of the story?
6. To whom are the pyramids harmful, according to Pablito at the beginning of the book?
7. What happens when Carlos suggests they immerse themselves in dreaming?
8. Who are the three Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited during the course of this book's story?
9. How does La Gorda shock the apprentices when she talks to them about Carlos?
10. What is the explanation for Carlos' physical experience which La Gorda shares with him?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)