|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The warriors are deliberately difficult with Don Juan, forcing a breakthrough on the ___________ side.
2. What does Zuleica want Carlos to study well, even as she chides him for staring at her?
(a) Her vagina.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her breasts.
(d) Her hair.
3. No one, it seems, is worried about ___________ survival, as this person has been protected in many ways.
(b) La Gorda's.
4. One of the stalker rules is to try to unravel the mysteries without hope of ______________.
(c) Doing so.
5. The woman shows the rare ability to turn off the __________ at will, turning it on and off as she likes.
(a) Fog wall.
6. Carlos had only ever been between parallel lines under the influence of ___________________, he thought.
(c) Hallucinogenic plants.
(d) Trance drumming.
7. __________ deal with the world as business managers, using "controlled folly" as Carlos and La Gorda experience.
8. What does Carlos see leaving his body when he allows himself to die peacefully?
(a) White vapor.
(c) Green dust.
(d) His image.
9. Carlos practices on every volitional movement, minimizing _____________ as he does so.
10. Instead of wasting time, Don Juan decides to confront his apprentices with difficult situations and then forces them to ____________.
(a) Accept it.
(b) Figure it out.
(c) Be in pain.
11. Don Juan's _________ helps him to understand the facts of death, and so Don Juan helps his apprentices, especially Carlos.
12. Who is the sullen courier and research assistant of Vicente, who joins Carlos and Don Juan?
(b) Juan Tuma.
(c) La Gorda.
13. The women tell Vicente that one must protect, but not ___________ one's person as they chide him for his snobbishness.
14. Zuleica causes Carlos to have the sensation of sweeping the ____________ from the midpoint of his body.
15. What do all of the members of Don Juan's party have to be experts at before they can seek out a Nagual woman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of the sandstone and of the fog which La Gorda and Carlos both experience when they dream together?
2. Zuleica is an effective guide into the __________ attention, and is able to work quickly because of a schedule need.
3. During what time of the day must the easterly encounter take place, according to ritual?
4. Zuleica informs Carlos that the impact of the itch makes it easier for students to enter ______________.
5. Who is the one who uses sorcerer's arts in order to abduct Olinda, while another plays the rescuer?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)