|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zuleica informs Carlos that the impact of the itch makes it easier for students to enter ______________.
(a) Other universes.
2. Who is the only person who remembers the knowledge that Don Juan and the others have forgotten at once?
(d) Don Juan.
3. After Carlos and La Gorda collapse into the dreaming position, they awaken where they begin, with identical ____________.
4. What does Carlos see leaving his body when he allows himself to die peacefully?
(a) White vapor.
(c) Green dust.
(d) His image.
5. Don Juan's _________ helps him to understand the facts of death, and so Don Juan helps his apprentices, especially Carlos.
6. It is also imperative that stalkers compress ____________, as every second counts.
7. Florinda teaches the Genaros advanced ____________, including techniques of controlled folly.
8. What is the color of the sandstone and of the fog which La Gorda and Carlos both experience when they dream together?
9. Naguals are ______ beings, occurring in male/female pairs, according to the teachings of Don Juan.
10. The warriors are deliberately difficult with Don Juan, forcing a breakthrough on the ___________ side.
11. Who of the group regularly disappears and returns, telling tales of his findings when he's back?
(c) Don Juan.
12. How many principles of stalking does Florinda say that she will be teaching Carlos as he continues working with her?
13. __________ deal with the world as business managers, using "controlled folly" as Carlos and La Gorda experience.
14. Who is the slender, radiant old child that Carlos meets when he comes up to a rural house?
(b) His child self.
(c) Silvio in disguise.
15. Who takes over for Carlos' guidance, instructing Carlos and La Gorda in not doing exercises?
(a) Don Genaro.
(c) Don Juan.
Short Answer Questions
1. The westerly encounter is a ritual or action which must take place at ___________, according to the teachings.
2. The controlled folly techniques have everyone thinking that ____________ is Pablito's mother.
3. When must Florinda come back to the curer or else she would wish she were dead?
4. Warriors must break the _________ from within when it is the proper time to emerge from their cocoons.
5. ___________ house is a locus of power, a place where La Gorda and Carlos return after coming back through the fog bank.
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)