Lesson 1 (from Part 1, The Other Self, Chapter 1, The Fixation of the Second Attention)
The idea of good and bad is not a new concept in any story or necessarily in any spiritual practices, yet it makes Carlos and the others nervous. Today's objective is to discuss the power of opposites, especially bad vs. good.
1. Have each student define the concepts of bad and good.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they think bad and good are adjectives which can be easily defined.
3. As a class, have the students discuss the power of opposites in the world. What do opposites allow people to learn or to see? What do opposites allow a person to understand?
4. Homework: Have each student list the opposites they experience in their lives on a daily basis.
5. Homework: Have students write about whether they think the world could exist without the idea of opposites.
6. Homework: Have the student write about the opposites in their...
This section contains 4,977 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)