|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maeve tell her niece May about her rights regarding the Dutch House?
(a) The house will likely be hers one day.
(b) She has no rights at all regarding the house.
(c) She has every right to swim in the pool because it was her grandfather's.
(d) She has every right to sit in the window seat because it was her grandmother's.
2. In Chapter 9, where does Danny go for the first time in New York City?
(c) Long Island.
(d) The Bronx.
3. What does Danny notice about Fluffy's physical reaction to embarrassment?
(a) She faints.
(b) She eats everything in sight.
(c) She blushes deeply.
(d) She sweats profusely.
4. What do Celeste and Danny do one last time before they part ways?
(a) Have dinner.
(b) Have sex.
(c) Visit the cemetery together.
(d) Go to church together.
5. In Chapter 13, whose names do not appear on Danny's wedding invitation?
(a) Just his mother's.
(b) Just his father's.
(c) His mother's and father's.
(d) His own name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Maeve's father bring to the Dutch House for them to eat the first time he showed she and her mother the house?
2. In Chapter 12, what does Celeste make for Danny for his apartment?
3. In Chapter 11, why is Maeve in the hospital?
4. In Chapter 8, what subject does Danny struggle with?
5. Where does Celeste go to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Fluffy say about the reason for Danny's mother's charity work?
2. In Chapter 12, what does Fluffy tell Danny that utterly shocks him?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Maeve tell Danny is the fantastic news she has heard from Lawyer Gooch?
4. In Chapter 8, why does Maeve insist on driving Celeste to her family home?
5. In Chapter 14, what role does Maeve play in Danny's growing real estate business?
6. In Chapter 8, what happens to Danny that makes Maeve tell him she must die first?
7. In Chapter 8, why does Danny end up going to medical school?
8. In Chapter 8, what does Danny's professor, Dr. Able, tell him about chemistry?
9. In Chapter 8, why does Dr. Able begin inviting Danny to coffee and then dinner at his home?
10. In Chapter 8, how does Danny meet Celeste on the train?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)