|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maeve tell Danny she has stayed at Otterson's for her work all these years?
(a) She says God wants her to stay there.
(b) She says she owes Mr. Otterson her life.
(c) She says the pay is fantastic.
(d) She says Otterson needs her and she is happy there.
2. In Chapter 9, where does Danny go for the first time in New York City?
(b) Long Island.
(c) The Bronx.
3. In Chapter 12, where does Danny realize he has seen his mother as an adult?
(a) In the grocery store.
(b) On the train.
(c) In the charity shop.
(d) In the ER when he was working as a resident.
4. Where does Danny run into Celeste again after their breakup?
(a) At the grocery store.
(b) At the college cafeteria.
(c) At the funeral of his high school basketball coach.
(d) At the train station.
5. In Chapter 12, what does Celeste make for Danny for his apartment?
(a) A cabinet.
(c) A bedspread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maeve tell her niece May about her rights regarding the Dutch House?
2. How does Maeve tell Danny their mother reacted to seeing the Dutch House for the first time?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Danny do for a boy one day when vacationing at the beach?
4. How does Celeste react when Danny tells her he is not going to practice medicine?
5. Who else comes to sit with Maeve in the hospital in Chapter 11 besides Danny?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, why does Maeve insist on driving Celeste to her family home?
2. In Chapter 12, what does Danny realize about his feelings towards Fluffy as he leaves their meeting?
3. In Chapter 8, why does Danny first end up in Harlem?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Fluffy tell Danny about how his father had gotten the money to buy his first plot of land?
5. In Chapter 13, what do Danny and Celeste do for childcare arrangements when their second child is due very shortly after having their first child?
6. In Chapter 12, who does Danny meet up with from his past and what do they talk about?
7. In Chapter 12, what does Fluffy tell Danny that utterly shocks him?
8. In Chapter 8, what does Maeve tell Danny about her feelings about his becoming a doctor?
9. In Chapter 12, what does Fluffy tell Danny about her life in the Dutch House and her plans concerning his father?
10. In Chapter 8, why does Dr. Able begin inviting Danny to coffee and then dinner at his home?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)