|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Friday, July 2, Ms. Hanff and The Colonel continued their journey to ________ where they went to the home of Laura Davidson.
2. With what was this article to be printed?
3. Ms. Hanff met the Grenfells for dinner where?
4. Ms. Hanff's driver was ___________________ who drove cabs to make extra money.
5. When she was done, why did she take the bus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on Wednesday, July 21?
2. What took place on Wednesday, July 14?
3. What did Ms. Hanff do with Sheila on Friday, July 23?
4. What took place on Saturday, July 10?
5. What did Ms. Hanff do on the way to dinner with Jean and Ted Ely?
6. What happened on Sunday, July 18?
7. Describe the party at Nora's house.
8. What did Ms. Hanff do with Nora and Sheil on Sunday, July 11?
9. What happened on Sunday, July 4?
10. What took place on Tuesday, July 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ms. Hanff had a delightful trip.
Part 1) Summarize her trip. How was it delightful? Did it fit her expectations? Why or why not? Were her expectations exceeded? Why or why not?
Part 2) Do you believe she will return to England? Why or why not? Would you want to return after such a delightful trip? Why or why not?
Part 3) If you could go on a trip anywhere, where would you go? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Ms. Hanff had been interested in London since she was a small girl.
Part 1) Why did this interest come about? Why would this create such an interest in London?
Part 2) How does this childhood dream become a reality? How does it also create anxiety and certain expectations?
Part 3) In what have you been interested since you were a small child? Why? How could your dreams become reality?
Essay Topic 3
A theme found in this story is of dreams fulfilled.
Part 1) How is this a theme? What is Ms. Hanff's dream? How is it fulfilled?
Part 2) Is her experience in London what she had expected? Why or why not? Do you believe she would have done anything differently? Why or why not?
Part 3) What dreams do you have? How might your dreams be fulfilled? How might this change your life?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)