|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where did Ms. Hanff and Ena return?
2. Where did she buy a dress?
3. On Saturday, July 3, Ms. Hanff got a note from Mark Connelly. Who is Mark Connelly?
4. From there they went to the Bank of England and then to __________ for lunch.
5. Ms. Hanff and Ena went to the National Portrait Gallery where Ms. Hanff was fascinated with the portraits of ____________ century figures.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ms. Hanff had a delightful trip.
Part 1) Summarize her trip. How was it delightful? Did it fit her expectations? Why or why not? Were her expectations exceeded? Why or why not?
Part 2) Do you believe she will return to England? Why or why not? Would you want to return after such a delightful trip? Why or why not?
Part 3) If you could go on a trip anywhere, where would you go? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Ms. Hanff had been interested in London since she was a small girl.
Part 1) Why did this interest come about? Why would this create such an interest in London?
Part 2) How does this childhood dream become a reality? How does it also create anxiety and certain expectations?
Part 3) In what have you been interested since you were a small child? Why? How could your dreams become reality?
Essay Topic 3
Ms. Hanff has worries prior to arriving in England.
Part 1) What are her worries? Why does she have these worries?
Part 2) What does this reveal about her confidence regarding her book and its popularity?
Part 3) How are her fears alleviated? How might her opinion change regarding her book, throughout the story? Why?
This section contains 1,668 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)