|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff returned to Marks & Co. with a photographer from __________________ to take more pictures.
2. On the way to dinner, they stopped at Waterlow Park where they could see what?
3. Why did she have a temper tantrum?
4. Why was Ms. Hanff unable to see Joyce Grenfell present a dialogue at a church?
5. On the way, Ms. Hanff stopped at Grosvenor Square to see what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on Saturday, July 3?
2. Describe Ms. Hanff's last couple days in London and trip home.
3. What happened on Wednesday, July 7?
4. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do on Monday, July 19?
5. What did Ms. Hanff and Ena do on Tuesday, July 20?
6. What happened after Ms. Hanff insisted on seeing Trinity College and Oriel?
7. What happened on Sunday, July 4?
8. What happened on Sunday, July 18?
9. What did Ms. Hanff do with Mary Scott?
10. Was Ms. Hanff able to see Joyce Grenfell present a dialogue? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ms. Hanff's stay is extended.
Part 1) Why is her stay extended? How does she feel about this? What does she do with this extra time? How does it enhance her trip?
Part 2) Why does she not continue it for longer? Should she have stayed longer? Why or why not? What clues were given to show she was slightly homesick?
Part 3) What would you have done with an extra ten days? What types of activities would you have participated in? Why?
Essay Topic 2
A theme found in this story is of dreams fulfilled.
Part 1) How is this a theme? What is Ms. Hanff's dream? How is it fulfilled?
Part 2) Is her experience in London what she had expected? Why or why not? Do you believe she would have done anything differently? Why or why not?
Part 3) What dreams do you have? How might your dreams be fulfilled? How might this change your life?
Essay Topic 3
Ms. Hanff had a delightful trip.
Part 1) Summarize her trip. How was it delightful? Did it fit her expectations? Why or why not? Were her expectations exceeded? Why or why not?
Part 2) Do you believe she will return to England? Why or why not? Would you want to return after such a delightful trip? Why or why not?
Part 3) If you could go on a trip anywhere, where would you go? Why?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)