|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hunff felt this way about the other customers until when?
2. That night, Ms. Hanff went to see a play with whom?
3. Ms. Hanff went to her publishers' office from where she was taken to _____________.
4. From there, Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley went to _________ where Mr. Buckley had once been a student and saw an historic wall where many of the past students had their names carved upon graduation, including Shelley.
5. Of what was Ms. Hanff afraid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Ms. Hanff think of Central Park?
2. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
3. How did Mr. Buckley embarrass Ms. Hanff?
4. What did Ms. Hanff do at Russell Square?
5. Where did Pat Buckley take Ms. Hanff that had a connection to Shakespeare? What did Ms. Hanff think of this?
6. What happened when Ms. Hanff was back in her rooms.
7. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do first when they drove to Windsor?
8. What happened on Friday, June 24?
9. Who meets Ms. Hanff at the airport?
10. Describe Ms. Hanff's book signing.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ms. Hanff's stay is extended.
Part 1) Why is her stay extended? How does she feel about this? What does she do with this extra time? How does it enhance her trip?
Part 2) Why does she not continue it for longer? Should she have stayed longer? Why or why not? What clues were given to show she was slightly homesick?
Part 3) What would you have done with an extra ten days? What types of activities would you have participated in? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Ms. Hanff is uncomfortable with her celebrity status.
Part 1) Describe her celebrity status. How does she gain this celebrity status? Why is she uncomfortable with it?
Part 2) Should she have expected this sort of treatment? Why or why not? Should she be uncomfortable with it? Why or why not?
Part 3) Can one be successful at a field such as writing and not gain celebrity status? Why or why not? Would you want to be famous? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
A theme found in this story is of dreams fulfilled.
Part 1) How is this a theme? What is Ms. Hanff's dream? How is it fulfilled?
Part 2) Is her experience in London what she had expected? Why or why not? Do you believe she would have done anything differently? Why or why not?
Part 3) What dreams do you have? How might your dreams be fulfilled? How might this change your life?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)