Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. That night Ms. Hanff went to a dinner party and returned to the hotel feeling like what?
2. Afterward, she went across the street to get some cold medicine and supplies only to discover what?
3. That night, Ms. Hanff went to see a play with whom?
4. Who was supposed to meet Ms. Hanff at the airport?
5. Ms. Hanff had always wanted to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on Wednesday, July 21?
2. What did Ms. Hanff do with Sheila on Friday, July 23?
3. Why is Eton important?
4. What happened on Saturday, July 3?
5. What did Ms. Hanff do on Friday, July 9?
6. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do first when they drove to Windsor?
7. What did Ms. Hanff do on the way to dinner with Jean and Ted Ely?
8. What problems did Ms. Hanff have with her silk dress?
9. What did Ms. Hanff do with Mary Scott?
10. Why is Ms. Hanff's book called "84, Charring Cross Road?"
Ms. Hanff has made many new friends on this trip.
Part 1) Describe these friendships. How did they begin as mere acquaintances? What made them into friendships?
Part 2) How important are these friendships throughout the story? How does her character develop alongside her friendships in this story?
Part 3) Will these friendships continue to influence her throughout her life? Why or why not?
Ms. Hanff receives a great deal of attention.
Part 1) Describe this attention. Why does she receive so much attention? Why is she surprised by this attention?
Part 2) How does Ms. Hanff react to this attention? Why does she react this way? Does her reaction change as the book progresses? Why or why not?
Part 3) How is she changed by this attention? How does fame affect people today? Give one example to support your response.
Ms. Hanff's character is revealed throughout the story.
Part 1) Describe her character at the beginning of the story. How is her character revealed throughout this story?
Part 2) How does he character compare to others in this story? How does this affect her relationship with them?
Part 3) How many of her character traits are purely her own and how many might be considered American character traits? Explain.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)