Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. That night Ms. Hanff went to a dinner party and returned to the hotel feeling like what?
2. Afterward, she went across the street to get some cold medicine and supplies only to discover what?
3. That night, Ms. Hanff went to see a play with whom?
4. Who was supposed to meet Ms. Hanff at the airport?
5. Ms. Hanff had always wanted to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on Wednesday, July 21?
2. What did Ms. Hanff do with Sheila on Friday, July 23?
3. Why is Eton important?
4. What happened on Saturday, July 3?
5. What did Ms. Hanff do on Friday, July 9?
6. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do first when they drove to Windsor?
7. What did Ms. Hanff do on the way to dinner with Jean and Ted Ely?
8. What problems did Ms. Hanff have with her silk dress?
9. What did Ms. Hanff do with Mary Scott?
10. Why is Ms. Hanff's book called "84, Charring Cross Road?"
Ms. Hanff grows slightly homesick.
Part 1) what clues are given to reveal a sense of homesickness? Why is she homesick?
Part 2) How might Ms. Hanff's trip to London affect her view of London? Will she still feel the same way about London? Why or why not? How might it alter her feelings toward New York? Why?
Part 3) How does going away from home affect you? Do you grow homesick? Do you wish to stay away longer? Explain.
Ms. Hanff had been interested in London since she was a small girl.
Part 1) Why did this interest come about? Why would this create such an interest in London?
Part 2) How does this childhood dream become a reality? How does it also create anxiety and certain expectations?
Part 3) In what have you been interested since you were a small child? Why? How could your dreams become reality?
A theme found in this story is of dreams fulfilled.
Part 1) How is this a theme? What is Ms. Hanff's dream? How is it fulfilled?
Part 2) Is her experience in London what she had expected? Why or why not? Do you believe she would have done anything differently? Why or why not?
Part 3) What dreams do you have? How might your dreams be fulfilled? How might this change your life?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)