|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff finds all of these people she meets to be what?
2. What is an important site pointed out to Ms. Hanff?
3. Later in the day, Ms. Hanff and Nora Doel were interviewed where?
4. Ms. Hanff drove where with The Colonel?
5. Mr. Buckley and Ms. Hanff went to _________ where Shakespeare used to be a regular customer.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
2. Describe Ms. Hanff's book signing.
3. Who meets Ms. Hanff at the airport?
4. Why is Eton important?
5. How did the Colonel entertain Ms. Hanff on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
6. What story was told at lunch with Nora?
7. What problems did Ms. Hanff have with her silk dress?
8. What happened on Friday, June 24?
9. What does Ms. Hanff do for most of the day on Tuesday, June 29? Why?
10. What took place the evening of Wednesday, June 30?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A theme in this story is of friendship.
Part 1) How is this a theme? Why is friendship so important to this story?
Part 2) What friendships does Ms. Hanff make? How do these friendships affect her trip and her confidence in herself and her work?
Part 3) Describe a friendship of your own that is important to you. Why is it important? How does it influence you?
Essay Topic 2
A theme found in this story is of dreams fulfilled.
Part 1) How is this a theme? What is Ms. Hanff's dream? How is it fulfilled?
Part 2) Is her experience in London what she had expected? Why or why not? Do you believe she would have done anything differently? Why or why not?
Part 3) What dreams do you have? How might your dreams be fulfilled? How might this change your life?
Essay Topic 3
Ms. Hanff had a delightful trip.
Part 1) Summarize her trip. How was it delightful? Did it fit her expectations? Why or why not? Were her expectations exceeded? Why or why not?
Part 2) Do you believe she will return to England? Why or why not? Would you want to return after such a delightful trip? Why or why not?
Part 3) If you could go on a trip anywhere, where would you go? Why?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)