|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Monday, July 19, Ms. Hanff met Mr. Buckley for __________ at Old Wine Shades in Martin Lane, Cannon Street.
2. The party consisted of _____________ who brought Ms. Hanff small gifts.
(a) Rare book dealers.
3. On the way back to his house, Mr. Buckley told Ms. Hanff about some work he did where?
(a) Las Vegas.
(c) In Hollywood.
(d) New York.
4. Because of this lunch date, she decided to visit a few ___________ sights even though she had never been truly interested in him.
5. The Colonel threw a going away party for Ms. Hanff. It was delightful, but Ms. Hanff could barely remember what?
(a) What she had done in London.
(b) The names of the guests or what they talked about.
(c) What they ate.
(d) Where she was.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went to the hotel bar where she had ____________, which she had to teach the bartender to make.
2. Mr. Buckley took Ms. Hanff to see Syon House and ___________.
3. Mr. Buckley once showed an architect some English pubs to help him do what?
4. The couple told Ms. Hanff they had once gone to New York City but were too afraid of what to leave their hotel room?
5. On Friday, July 9, Ms. Hanff did what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ms. Hanff do with Sheila on Friday, July 23?
2. What happened on Sunday, July 18?
3. What happened on Sunday, July 4?
4. What did Ms. Hanff do with Mary Scott?
5. What took place on Saturday, July 17?
6. How did Ms. Hanff get the chance to spend time with Grenfell?
7. What did Ms. Hanff do on Friday, July 9?
8. At the hotel, what did a tourist say to Ms. Hanff? Why might they have done this?
9. How was Ms. Hanff's trip extended? What did she do after she decided to extend her stay?
10. What happened after Ms. Hanff insisted on seeing Trinity College and Oriel?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)