|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff was asked to write three pages on what to be printed for the Reader's Digest?
(a) The English culture.
(b) The museums of England.
(c) The English fan mail she received.
(d) The English tea.
2. Where did she buy a dress?
(a) At Harvey Nichols.
(b) At Dillards.
(c) At a small boutique.
(d) At Macys.
3. On Friday, July 16 Ms. Hanff was to go to a dinner where?
(a) At Frank's.
(b) At Ena's.
(c) At Nora's.
(d) At Mr. Buckley's.
4. Outside the Abbey, they passed what?
(a) A monument.
(b) A museum.
(c) A fountain.
(d) The War Office.
5. Ms. Hanff and Ena went to the National Portrait Gallery where Ms. Hanff was fascinated with the portraits of ____________ century figures.
(a) Sixteenth and seventeenth.
(b) Twelfth and thirteenth.
(c) Eighteenth and nineteenth.
(d) Fourteenth and fifteenth.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Sunday, July 4, Ms. Hanff had lunch with whom?
2. This explanation also helped Ms. Hanff understand Englishmens' fascination with whom?
3. Ms. Hanff had lunch at the Savoy with a reporter who was surprised at what?
4. Ms. Hanff went to the Actor's Church to see whose ashes?
5. Afterward Ms. Hanff went to see what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ms. Hanff do in Oxford?
2. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do on Monday, July 19?
3. What happened on Saturday, July 3?
4. What happened on Wednesday, July 7?
5. How did Ms. Hanff get the chance to spend time with Grenfell?
6. What took place on Tuesday, July 6?
7. What happened after Ms. Hanff insisted on seeing Trinity College and Oriel?
8. How was Ms. Hanff's trip extended? What did she do after she decided to extend her stay?
9. What was Ms. Hanff asked to do for Reader's Digest?
10. What note did Ms. Hanff find? Who was it from?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)