|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went to St. Paul's Cathedral where she thought of who the entire time?
(a) John Donne.
(b) Mr. Buckley.
(c) St. Paul.
(d) Mr. Hanff.
2. At the hotel, who talked to Ms. Hanff?
(a) A tourist.
(b) Another writer.
(c) An employee.
(d) The owner.
3. Over dinner, Ms. Hanff attempted to explain the America fascination with ___________, explaining that it has something to do with how he wrote about the inglorious nobodies.
(a) C. S. Lewis.
(d) J. K. Rowling.
4. Where did she eventually find herself?
(a) Walking through a prosperous neighborhood.
(b) Walking into someone's backyard.
(c) In a coffee shop.
(d) Lost in a poor neighborhood.
5. When she was done, why did she take the bus?
(a) It was raining.
(b) She was tired.
(c) She wanted to see what the city looked like from a bus.
(d) She did not feel well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did she have any luck at Buckingham Palace?
2. On Sunday, July 4, Ms. Hanff had lunch with whom?
3. Whose house did they go to?
4. After lunch they went to Lombard Street where they saw what?
5. On Friday, July 2, Ms. Hanff and The Colonel continued their journey to ________ where they went to the home of Laura Davidson.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ms. Hanff do during the day on Thursday, July 15?
2. What took place on Saturday, July 10?
3. What did Ms. Hanff do in Oxford?
4. What was Ms. Hanff asked to do for Reader's Digest?
5. What happened on Saturday, July 3?
6. How did Ms. Hanff finally make it to dinner at Nora's?
7. What happened on Wednesday, July 7?
8. What took place on Tuesday, July 6?
9. What happened on Sunday, July 4?
10. What took place on Wednesday, July 14?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)