|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff had her hair done before having dinner with whom?
(a) Mark Connelly and his fiancee.
(b) Laura Davidson and her husband.
(c) An English couple.
(d) Mr. Buckley and his wife.
2. That night, Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
(a) Nora and Sheila.
(b) Mr. Buckley.
(c) Jean and Ted Ely.
(d) Leo and Ena.
3. On Friday, July 9, Ms. Hanff did what?
(a) Slept in.
(b) An interview.
(c) Stayed in the hotel.
(d) Left for New York.
4. Why did this cause a bit of a stir?
(a) The book was very expensive.
(b) It was a gift for her.
(c) She was not supposed to write in it.
(d) She was supposed to take it home.
5. Ms. Hanff met the Grenfells for dinner where?
(a) At their home.
(b) At a luxurious restaurant.
(c) At a large restaurant.
(d) At a small restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff returned to Marks & Co. with a photographer from __________________ to take more pictures.
2. Where else did these two walk?
3. A guard in a wool uniform sat on what?
4. Ms. Hanff went to see Buckingham Palace in hopes of what?
5. Did she have any luck at Buckingham Palace?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the hotel, what did a tourist say to Ms. Hanff? Why might they have done this?
2. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do on Monday, July 19?
3. What did Ms. Hanff do on Friday, July 9?
4. What happened on Sunday, July 18?
5. What did Ms. Hanff do with Ena on Thursday, July 22?
6. What note did Ms. Hanff find? Who was it from?
7. Describe Ms. Hanff's last couple days in London and trip home.
8. What was Ms. Hanff asked to do for Reader's Digest?
9. What took place on Tuesday, July 6?
10. How did Ms. Hanff get the chance to spend time with Grenfell?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)