|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This explanation also helped Ms. Hanff understand Englishmens' fascination with whom?
(a) J. K. Rowling.
(c) C. S. Lewis.
2. Because of this lunch date, she decided to visit a few ___________ sights even though she had never been truly interested in him.
3. On Friday, July 23, Sheila took Ms. Hanff to see what?
(a) Hatfield House.
(b) Fitzroy House.
(c) Banqueting House.
(d) Apsley House.
4. Afterward the Colonel and Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
(b) Nora and Sheila.
(c) His sister-in-law.
5. Mr. Buckley once showed an architect some English pubs to help him do what?
(a) Design a pub style bar in Cleveland.
(b) Design a pub style bar in Chicago.
(c) Design a pub style bar in New York.
(d) Design a pub style bar in Pittsburgh.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what was this article to be printed?
2. What did this person recommend to Ms. Hanff?
3. Ms. Hanff attempted to take a taxi, but discovered what?
4. Afterward where did they visit?
5. On Saturday, July 3, Ms. Hanff got a note from Mark Connelly. Who is Mark Connelly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What took place on Wednesday, July 14?
2. What took place on Saturday, July 10?
3. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on Wednesday, July 21?
4. What did Ms. Hanff do during the day on Thursday, July 15?
5. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do on Monday, July 19?
6. What happened on Wednesday, July 7?
7. How did Ms. Hanff get the chance to spend time with Grenfell?
8. How was Ms. Hanff's trip extended? What did she do after she decided to extend her stay?
9. What did Ms. Hanff do with Mary Scott?
10. What took place on Saturday, July 17?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)