|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what did this place make her think?
(a) The streets of New York.
(b) Breakfast at Tiffany's.
(c) Her home.
2. Afterward where did they visit?
3. That night, Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
(a) Nora and Sheila.
(b) Mr. Buckley.
(c) Leo and Ena.
(d) Jean and Ted Ely.
4. The party consisted of _____________ who brought Ms. Hanff small gifts.
(b) Rare book dealers.
5. What happened when she tried to have lunch in the shop?
(a) It was under construction.
(b) It did not have what she wanted.
(c) It was closed.
(d) It was overcrowded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff was asked to write three pages on what to be printed for the Reader's Digest?
2. Ms. Hanff and Ena went to the National Portrait Gallery where Ms. Hanff was fascinated with the portraits of ____________ century figures.
3. On Saturday, July 10, Ms. Hanff went where?
4. How did this guest feel about the level of importance Ms. Hanff had somehow gained in London?
5. This explanation also helped Ms. Hanff understand Englishmens' fascination with whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ms. Hanff asked to do for Reader's Digest?
2. What did Ms. Hanff do on the way to dinner with Jean and Ted Ely?
3. What did Ms. Hanff do with Mary Scott?
4. What note did Ms. Hanff find? Who was it from?
5. What did Ms. Hanff do with Nora and Sheil on Sunday, July 11?
6. How was Ms. Hanff's trip extended? What did she do after she decided to extend her stay?
7. What took place on Saturday, July 17?
8. At the hotel, what did a tourist say to Ms. Hanff? Why might they have done this?
9. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on Wednesday, July 21?
10. What did Ms. Hanff and Ena do on Tuesday, July 20?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)