|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This explanation also helped Ms. Hanff understand Englishmens' fascination with whom?
(a) J. K. Rowling.
(b) C. S. Lewis.
2. Mr. Buckley once showed an architect some English pubs to help him do what?
(a) Design a pub style bar in New York.
(b) Design a pub style bar in Pittsburgh.
(c) Design a pub style bar in Cleveland.
(d) Design a pub style bar in Chicago.
3. What happened when she tried to have lunch in the shop?
(a) It was closed.
(b) It did not have what she wanted.
(c) It was overcrowded.
(d) It was under construction.
4. On the way, Ms. Hanff stopped at Grosvenor Square to see what?
(a) The Roosevelt Memorial.
(b) The birds.
(c) The fountains.
(d) The street performers.
5. Ms. Hanff's driver was ___________________ who drove cabs to make extra money.
(a) A doctor.
(b) A scientist.
(c) An intern at a local hospital.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff had lunch at the Savoy with a reporter who was surprised at what?
2. That night, Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
3. Ms. Hanff had to call ___________ which cost more but would go anywhere.
4. Ms. Hanff went to St. Paul's Cathedral where she thought of who the entire time?
5. Why did she have a temper tantrum?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ms. Hanff do in Oxford?
2. What did Ms. Hanff and Ena do on Tuesday, July 20?
3. What did Ms. Hanff do with Mary Scott?
4. What took place on Saturday, July 10?
5. At the hotel, what did a tourist say to Ms. Hanff? Why might they have done this?
6. How did Ms. Hanff finally make it to dinner at Nora's?
7. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do on Monday, July 19?
8. Describe Ms. Hanff's last couple days in London and trip home.
9. What did Ms. Hanff do with Sheila on Friday, July 23?
10. What happened on Sunday, July 18?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)