|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went to the hotel bar where she had ____________, which she had to teach the bartender to make.
(a) A vodka tonic.
(b) A margarita.
(c) A gin martini.
(d) A daquiri.
2. Mr. Buckley took Ms. Hanff to see Syon House and ___________.
(a) Osterly Park.
(b) Ozone Park.
(c) Rockaway Beach.
(d) Regent's Park.
3. Ena asked if Ms. Hanff would do what?
(a) Stay an extra week.
(b) Go to the National Portrait Gallery with her.
(c) Paint her.
(d) Sit for a portrait.
4. Why did they go to this house?
(a) To relax.
(b) To grill out.
(c) For salmon mousse.
(d) To watch a movie.
5. Ms. Hanff went to see Buckingham Palace in hopes of what?
(a) Taking good photographs.
(b) Getting a tour.
(c) Learning about it's history.
(d) Spotting a royal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went to dinner with Ena and Leo where who showed up unexpectedly and joined them for dinner?
2. What did Ms. Hanff do with a notebook that she received?
3. What happened to the car that was to drive her?
4. On Friday, July 9, Ms. Hanff did what?
5. Did she have any luck at Buckingham Palace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ms. Hanff do with Sheila on Friday, July 23?
2. What did Ms. Hanff do with Ena on Thursday, July 22?
3. What took place on Tuesday, July 6?
4. What took place on Wednesday, July 14?
5. What happened on Sunday, July 18?
6. What did Ms. Hanff do with Nora and Sheil on Sunday, July 11?
7. What did Ms. Hanff do on the way to dinner with Jean and Ted Ely?
8. What did Ms. Hanff agree to do while at dinner with Leo and Ena?
9. Describe Ms. Hanff's last couple days in London and trip home.
10. Was Ms. Hanff able to see Joyce Grenfell present a dialogue? Why or why not?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)