|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That afternoon, Ms. Hanff went for a walk in ____________ where she got lost.
(a) Central Park.
(b) Regent's Park.
(c) Hyde Park.
(d) Prospect Park.
2. Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to have lunch with whom?
(a) Muriel Spark.
(b) John Fowles.
(c) George Orwell.
(d) Charles Dickens.
3. On the way to dinner, they stopped at Waterlow Park where they could see what?
(a) Big Ben.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) Mr. Hanff's hotel.
(d) The dome of St. Paul's Cathedral.
4. On Friday, July 2, Ms. Hanff and The Colonel continued their journey to ________ where they went to the home of Laura Davidson.
5. Ms. Hanff went to see Buckingham Palace in hopes of what?
(a) Learning about it's history.
(b) Spotting a royal.
(c) Getting a tour.
(d) Taking good photographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did she end up only buying a shoulder bag?
2. Where else did these two walk?
3. About what did they talk?
4. Did Ms. Hanff agree to do this?
5. The Colonel threw a going away party for Ms. Hanff. It was delightful, but Ms. Hanff could barely remember what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ms. Hanff do with Sheila on Friday, July 23?
2. What happened on Saturday, July 3?
3. How was Ms. Hanff's trip extended? What did she do after she decided to extend her stay?
4. What took place on Saturday, July 17?
5. How did Ms. Hanff get the chance to spend time with Grenfell?
6. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on Wednesday, July 21?
7. What was Ms. Hanff asked to do for Reader's Digest?
8. What happened on Sunday, July 18?
9. What did Ms. Hanff do with Mary Scott?
10. Describe the party at Nora's house.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)