|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what was this article to be printed?
(a) An article she wrote on American tea.
(b) An article she wrote on American fan mail.
(c) An article she wrote on American culture.
(d) An article she wrote on American museums.
2. After lunch they went to Lombard Street where they saw what?
(a) The emblems hanging outside the banks.
(b) The Crooked Street Task Force.
(c) The Cow Hollow neighborhood.
(d) It's eight sharp turns.
3. Ena asked if Ms. Hanff would do what?
(a) Go to the National Portrait Gallery with her.
(b) Sit for a portrait.
(c) Paint her.
(d) Stay an extra week.
4. Mary Scott took Ms. Hanff on a walking tour of what?
5. Ms. Hanff had lunch at the Savoy with a reporter who was surprised at what?
(a) All that Ms. Hanff had seen.
(b) How happy Ms. Hanff had been in London.
(c) How many friends Ms. Hanff had made.
(d) How long Ms. Hanff had been in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff returned to Marks & Co. with a photographer from __________________ to take more pictures.
2. Was Ellen Terry also buried at Westminster Abbey?
3. Did she have any luck at Buckingham Palace?
4. On Friday, July 2, Ms. Hanff and The Colonel continued their journey to ________ where they went to the home of Laura Davidson.
5. Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to have lunch with whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ms. Hanff do in Oxford?
2. At the hotel, what did a tourist say to Ms. Hanff? Why might they have done this?
3. What happened on Sunday, July 18?
4. What did Ms. Hanff do with Sheila on Friday, July 23?
5. Was Ms. Hanff able to see Joyce Grenfell present a dialogue? Why or why not?
6. What happened after Ms. Hanff insisted on seeing Trinity College and Oriel?
7. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do on Monday, July 19?
8. How did Ms. Hanff get the chance to spend time with Grenfell?
9. What happened on Wednesday, July 7?
10. How was Ms. Hanff's trip extended? What did she do after she decided to extend her stay?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)