|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went to the Actor's Church to see whose ashes?
(a) King Henry the VIII's.
(b) Princess Diana's.
(c) Clark Gable's.
(d) Ellen Terry's.
2. With what was this article to be printed?
(a) An article she wrote on American tea.
(b) An article she wrote on American fan mail.
(c) An article she wrote on American museums.
(d) An article she wrote on American culture.
3. That afternoon, Ms. Hanff went for a walk in ____________ where she got lost.
(a) Central Park.
(b) Regent's Park.
(c) Hyde Park.
(d) Prospect Park.
4. Who is Laura Davidson?
(a) The fan who had invited Ms. Hanff to Oxford.
(b) A friend of Ms. Hanff's.
(c) Ms. Hanff's secretary.
(d) Ms. Hanff's niece.
5. Whose house did they go to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary Scott took Ms. Hanff on a walking tour of what?
2. On Saturday, July 10, Ms. Hanff went where?
3. What is a mew?
4. After lunch they went to Lombard Street where they saw what?
5. Ms. Hanff was shocked to discover what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ms. Hanff do during the day on Thursday, July 15?
2. At the hotel, what did a tourist say to Ms. Hanff? Why might they have done this?
3. How did Ms. Hanff get the chance to spend time with Grenfell?
4. What happened after Ms. Hanff insisted on seeing Trinity College and Oriel?
5. What did Ms. Hanff do in Oxford?
6. What happened on Sunday, July 4?
7. What did Ms. Hanff do with Nora and Sheil on Sunday, July 11?
8. How was Ms. Hanff's trip extended? What did she do after she decided to extend her stay?
9. Was Ms. Hanff able to see Joyce Grenfell present a dialogue? Why or why not?
10. What did Ms. Hanff do on Friday, July 9?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)