|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was Ellen Terry also buried at Westminster Abbey?
(a) Not until years after her death.
(c) At first.
2. Where did she buy a dress?
(a) At Dillards.
(b) At a small boutique.
(c) At Harvey Nichols.
(d) At Macys.
3. Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to have lunch with whom?
(a) Muriel Spark.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) John Fowles.
(d) George Orwell.
4. Mr. Buckley took Ms. Hanff to see Syon House and ___________.
(a) Rockaway Beach.
(b) Regent's Park.
(c) Osterly Park.
(d) Ozone Park.
5. Over dinner, Ms. Hanff attempted to explain the America fascination with ___________, explaining that it has something to do with how he wrote about the inglorious nobodies.
(a) J. K. Rowling.
(c) C. S. Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where did Ms. Hanff and Ena return?
2. Ms. Hanff and Ena went to the National Portrait Gallery where Ms. Hanff was fascinated with the portraits of ____________ century figures.
3. At the hotel, who talked to Ms. Hanff?
4. Mary Scott took Ms. Hanff on a walking tour of what?
5. Whose house did they go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What took place on Tuesday, July 6?
2. What did Ms. Hanff do with Ena on Thursday, July 22?
3. What happened on Saturday, July 3?
4. What took place on Wednesday, July 14?
5. What note did Ms. Hanff find? Who was it from?
6. What happened on Sunday, July 18?
7. Was Ms. Hanff able to see Joyce Grenfell present a dialogue? Why or why not?
8. What did Ms. Hanff do in Oxford?
9. What happened on Wednesday, July 7?
10. Describe the party at Nora's house.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)