|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was Ms. Hanff impressed with the statue?
(a) Only at first.
2. What happened to the car that was to drive her?
(a) It broke down.
(b) It got lost.
(c) It never showed up.
(d) It called and canceled.
3. The Colonel took Ms. Hanff to see what churchyard?
(b) St James'.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
4. That night, Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
(a) Leo and Ena.
(b) Jean and Ted Ely.
(c) Nora and Sheila.
(d) Mr. Buckley.
5. Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley offering what?
(a) To take her on a tour of London.
(b) To paint her portrait.
(c) To buy her a gift.
(d) To take her out on Wednesday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nora gave Ms. Hanff some pictures of whom to take home?
2. Because of this lunch date, she decided to visit a few ___________ sights even though she had never been truly interested in him.
3. Ms. Hanff had her hair done before having dinner with whom?
4. The party consisted of _____________ who brought Ms. Hanff small gifts.
5. Ms. Hanff went to the Actor's Church to see whose ashes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What took place on Saturday, July 17?
2. What happened after Ms. Hanff insisted on seeing Trinity College and Oriel?
3. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on Wednesday, July 21?
4. What did Ms. Hanff do with Nora and Sheil on Sunday, July 11?
5. What did Ms. Hanff do during the day on Thursday, July 15?
6. What did Ms. Hanff do with Mary Scott?
7. What note did Ms. Hanff find? Who was it from?
8. What took place on Saturday, July 10?
9. Was Ms. Hanff able to see Joyce Grenfell present a dialogue? Why or why not?
10. What did Ms. Hanff do in Oxford?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)