|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Buckley once showed an architect some English pubs to help him do what?
(a) Design a pub style bar in Pittsburgh.
(b) Design a pub style bar in New York.
(c) Design a pub style bar in Chicago.
(d) Design a pub style bar in Cleveland.
2. Ms. Hanff's driver was ___________________ who drove cabs to make extra money.
(a) A doctor.
(b) An intern at a local hospital.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A scientist.
3. Ms. Hanff received a check from Reader's Digest that made it possible for her to extend her stay for how much longer?
(a) Five more weeks.
(b) Ten more days.
(c) Five more days.
(d) Ten more weeks.
4. On Monday, July 19, Ms. Hanff met Mr. Buckley for __________ at Old Wine Shades in Martin Lane, Cannon Street.
5. Outside the Abbey, they passed what?
(a) A museum.
(b) A fountain.
(c) The War Office.
(d) A monument.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did she have any luck at Buckingham Palace?
2. Where did she eventually find herself?
3. Ms. Hanff and Ena went to the National Portrait Gallery where Ms. Hanff was fascinated with the portraits of ____________ century figures.
4. Ms. Hanff attempted to take a taxi, but discovered what?
5. When she found a plaque announcing the location of Vivien Leigh's ashes, what did Ms. Hanff do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ms. Hanff do during the day on Thursday, July 15?
2. What took place on Saturday, July 17?
3. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do on Monday, July 19?
4. What did Ms. Hanff do on Friday, July 9?
5. What did Ms. Hanff do on the way to dinner with Jean and Ted Ely?
6. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on Wednesday, July 21?
7. What did Ms. Hanff and Ena do on Tuesday, July 20?
8. What note did Ms. Hanff find? Who was it from?
9. At the hotel, what did a tourist say to Ms. Hanff? Why might they have done this?
10. How did Ms. Hanff finally make it to dinner at Nora's?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)