|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did she end up only buying a shoulder bag?
(a) They did not have any irons or ironing boards.
(b) She did not like any of the clothes.
(c) The dresses were all too expensive.
(d) The jackets were all too large.
2. Ms. Hanff was shocked to discover what?
(a) The the play's lead was a friend of Ms. Hanff's.
(b) Big Ben had been built in 1859.
(c) The Tower of London had been used to hold royalty.
(d) Henry Irving was buried there.
3. What did Ms. Hanff do with a notebook that she received?
(a) She forgot it.
(b) She threw it away.
(c) She wrote in it.
(d) She spilled wine on it.
4. On Friday, July 16 Ms. Hanff was to go to a dinner where?
(a) At Mr. Buckley's.
(b) At Nora's.
(c) At Ena's.
(d) At Frank's.
5. That night, Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
(a) Mr. Buckley.
(b) Jean and Ted Ely.
(c) Leo and Ena.
(d) Nora and Sheila.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Colonel threw a going away party for Ms. Hanff. It was delightful, but Ms. Hanff could barely remember what?
2. What happened to the car that was to drive her?
3. Why did they go to this house?
4. This explanation also helped Ms. Hanff understand Englishmens' fascination with whom?
5. Ms. Hanff received a check from Reader's Digest that made it possible for her to extend her stay for how much longer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on Wednesday, July 21?
2. What happened on Sunday, July 4?
3. Describe Ms. Hanff's last couple days in London and trip home.
4. What happened on Sunday, July 18?
5. How did Ms. Hanff get the chance to spend time with Grenfell?
6. What happened on Saturday, July 3?
7. What took place on Wednesday, July 14?
8. What did Ms. Hanff do with Nora and Sheil on Sunday, July 11?
9. What did Ms. Hanff do on Friday, July 9?
10. What did Ms. Hanff and Ena do on Tuesday, July 20?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)