|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe the person in #13.
(a) He was a big man who had recently been widowed.
(b) He was her pen pal for many years.
(c) She was the wife of her pen pal.
(d) He was an acquaintance of her family.
2. On Wednesday, June 30, Ms. Hanff received what while attempting to eat her breakfast?
(a) A text.
(b) A letter.
(c) A fax.
(d) Several phone calls.
3. On Sunday, June 20, Ms. Hanff visited ______________ where she met a ticket taker with whom she discussed roses.
(a) London Tower.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) Russell Square.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
4. What did they do at this location?
(a) They ate icecream.
(b) They stopped for drinks.
(c) They had lunch.
(d) They got dessert.
5. On the way, the Colonel entertained Ms. Hanff with what stories?
(a) Mistakes made at the airport.
(b) Of the British.
(c) Of his childhood.
(d) How he tries to cheer travelers up in the airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. That night, Ms. Hanff went to see a play with whom?
2. This place is a ____________________.
3. What did Ms. Hanff do to reassure herself they would be there?
4. What did this stop cause?
5. From there, Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley went to _________ where Mr. Buckley had once been a student and saw an historic wall where many of the past students had their names carved upon graduation, including Shelley.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ms. Hanff nervous?
2. What happened when Ms. Hanff was back in her rooms.
3. What problems did Ms. Hanff have with her silk dress?
4. What did Ms. Hanff do early on Wednesday, June 30?
5. What happened when Ms. Hanff went to the services at the Royal Chapel?
6. What happened at Broadcasting House?
7. How were Ms. Hanff's friends from Texas different in London? What did Ms. Hanff feel about this?
8. What took place the evening of Wednesday, June 30?
9. What takes place at the beginning of this book? Why does Ms. Hanff do this?
10. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the Tower of London?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)