|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to go for a ride where?
(a) To Gillingham and Canterbury.
(b) To Slough and Luton.
(c) To Uxbridge and Watford.
(d) To Windsor and Eton.
2. Of what was Ms. Hanff afraid?
(a) Getting lost.
(b) Being the only one on the tour.
(c) Hostile fans.
(d) No one would show up to her book signing.
3. Later in the day, Ms. Hanff and Nora Doel were interviewed where?
(a) At 84, Charing Cross Road.
(b) At Nora's home.
(c) At the hotel.
(d) At Broadcasting House.
4. What prompted her to be interested in London?
(a) She liked Shakespeare.
(b) She learned of her English Quaker ancestry.
(c) She wanted to meet her pen pal.
(d) She liked English architecture.
5. Ms. Hanff finds all of these people she meets to be what?
(b) Kind and generous.
(c) Annoying and rude.
(d) Friendly but nosy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went to lunch with Nora where she was told a story of how Nora and Frank once knew a rare book dealer who turned out to be what?
2. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
3. What did this stop cause?
4. What was realized when she arrived here?
5. First they visited the home of two elderly sisters whose house, Ms. Hanff learned, had once been haunted by a ghost who would grow upset when?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ms. Hanff do for most of the day on Tuesday, June 29? Why?
2. What did Ms. Hanff do with Nora and Sheil on Sunday, July 11?
3. What happened when Ms. Hanff went to the services at the Royal Chapel?
4. Why is Ms. Hanff so interested in London?
5. Why did Ms. Grenfell have trouble taking Ms. Hanff home?
6. How did the Colonel entertain Ms. Hanff on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
7. Describe Ms. Hanff's last couple days in London and trip home.
8. What did Ms. Hanff agree to do while at dinner with Leo and Ena?
9. What took place at the dinner at Nora's house?
10. What happened after Ms. Hanff insisted on seeing Trinity College and Oriel?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)