|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff's fans appear to be becoming what?
(c) Her friends.
2. Later Ms. Hanff went to Pat Buckley's home where they _______________.
(a) Played bridge.
(b) Discussed places to see.
(c) Watched a movie.
(d) Had dinner.
3. Ms. Hanff was ______________ the other customers.
(a) Worried about.
(b) Interested in.
(c) Surprised by.
(d) Annoyed by.
4. They visited Marlborough House but discovered what?
(a) It was very expensive.
(b) It was very crowded.
(c) It was closed.
(d) It was under repair.
5. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
(a) The dress no longer fit.
(b) The dress was not where she thought it was.
(c) The dress could not be pressed.
(d) The hotel was not set up for that sort of services.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hunff commented on the ceremony of the guards doing what?
2. What is an important site pointed out to Ms. Hanff?
3. That night Ena arrived with what for Ms. Hanff's cold?
4. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
5. That night, Ms. Hanff met Joyce Grenfell, her husband, Reggie, and a couple from Australia where for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ms. Hanff agree to do while at dinner with Leo and Ena?
2. What took place at the dinner at Nora's house?
3. What did Ms. Hanff do before going to bed on her first night in England?
4. What does Ms. Hanff do for most of the day on Tuesday, June 29? Why?
5. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do first when they drove to Windsor?
6. Why is Eton important?
7. What did Ms. Hanff do in Oxford?
8. How was Ms. Hanff's trip extended? What did she do after she decided to extend her stay?
9. What took place the evening of Wednesday, June 30?
10. Why did Ms. Grenfell have trouble taking Ms. Hanff home?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)