|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Tuesday, June 29, Ms. Hanff decided to take it easy. Why?
(a) Everyone else had plans.
(b) To nurse a cold she caught.
(c) It was raining.
(d) She was tired.
2. Ms. Hunff felt this way about the other customers until when?
(a) She got to know them.
(b) They introduced themselves.
(c) She realized many of them were most likely the same kind of people Shakespeare would have seen on his visits.
(d) She left the pub.
3. First they visited the home of two elderly sisters whose house, Ms. Hanff learned, had once been haunted by a ghost who would grow upset when?
(a) They came home.
(b) They planned to take a trip.
(c) They had guests over.
(d) They stayed up late.
4. What did Ms. Hanff do when she found out the publishers were not giving out her address to her fans?
(a) She became very angry.
(b) She told them to only give out her office address.
(c) She thanked them.
(d) She told Carmen to feel free to give out the address.
5. What did Ms. Hanff do to reassure herself they would be there?
(a) She took a nap.
(b) She called them.
(c) She read their letters again.
(d) She busied herself with other things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before reaching their destination, Ms. Hanff told the Colonel about what of which a friend had once sent her a postcard?
2. On Wednesday, June 30, Ms. Hanff received what while attempting to eat her breakfast?
3. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the ceremony of the guards?
4. Mr. Buckley and Ms. Hanff went to _________ where Shakespeare used to be a regular customer.
5. Ms. Hanff was also planning to use what to pay for her stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems did Ms. Hanff have with her silk dress?
2. How did the Colonel entertain Ms. Hanff on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
3. Why is Ms. Hanff's book called "84, Charring Cross Road?"
4. What does Ms. Hanff do for most of the day on Tuesday, June 29? Why?
5. Where did Pat Buckley take Ms. Hanff that had a connection to Shakespeare? What did Ms. Hanff think of this?
6. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do first when they drove to Windsor?
7. What took place the evening of Wednesday, June 30?
8. Why is Ms. Hanff nervous?
9. What happened when Ms. Hanff went to the services at the Royal Chapel?
10. Who meets Ms. Hanff at the airport?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)