|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before going to bed, what did Ms. Hanff read through?
(a) The book she had written.
(b) The letters from her pen pal.
(c) Her itinerary.
(d) A note Carmen had sent outlining the interviews she was to do over the next few days.
2. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
(b) New York.
3. Afterward, they arrived where?
4. Ms. Grenfell drove Ms. Hanff home afterward, having difficulty finding a way to get to the hotel's front door. Why?
(a) Because there was a great deal of traffic.
(b) Because the road was blocked off.
(c) Because her car was too large for the street.
(d) Because of all the one way streets that surround it.
5. Ms. Hanff had just boarded the flight to London despite what fact?
(a) She will ill.
(b) She did not want to fly on the plane.
(c) She was not packed.
(d) She had just been released from the hospital after an unscheduled surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Sunday, June 20, Ms. Hanff visited ______________ where she met a ticket taker with whom she discussed roses.
2. Who are Nora and Sheila Doel?
3. What was Ms. Hanff surprised to find?
4. Mr. Buckley and Ms. Hanff went to _________ where Shakespeare used to be a regular customer.
5. What had her brother given her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ms. Hanff nervous?
2. What does Ms. Hanff do for most of the day on Tuesday, June 29? Why?
3. What did Ms. Hanff do before going to bed on her first night in England?
4. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do first when they drove to Windsor?
5. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the Tower of London?
6. What takes place at the beginning of this book? Why does Ms. Hanff do this?
7. How did Mr. Buckley embarrass Ms. Hanff?
8. Who meets Ms. Hanff at the airport?
9. Why is Ms. Hanff so interested in London?
10. How were Ms. Hanff's friends from Texas different in London? What did Ms. Hanff feel about this?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)