|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Ms. Hanff's hotel room.
2. They visited Marlborough House but discovered what?
(a) It was very crowded.
(b) It was under repair.
(c) It was very expensive.
(d) It was closed.
3. That night, The Colonel called and when he learned of her trip to Oxford, he suggested what?
(a) He drive her and they stay overnight in Marston.
(b) He drive her and they stay overnight in Summertown.
(c) He drive her and they stay overnight in Stratford-on-Avon.
(d) He drive her and they stay overnight in Woodstock.
4. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
(d) New York.
5. Describe the person in #13.
(a) He was an acquaintance of her family.
(b) She was the wife of her pen pal.
(c) He was her pen pal for many years.
(d) He was a big man who had recently been widowed.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Wednesday, June 30, Ms. Hanff received what while attempting to eat her breakfast?
2. That night, Ms. Hanff went to see a play with whom?
3. Ms. Hanff went to Deusch's to get some of her royalties to pay for what?
4. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
5. Ms. Hanff's fans appear to be becoming what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What took place the evening of Wednesday, June 30?
2. Why did Ms. Grenfell have trouble taking Ms. Hanff home?
3. Why is Ms. Hanff so interested in London?
4. What happened on Friday, June 24?
5. How did the Colonel entertain Ms. Hanff on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
6. Why is Ms. Hanff's book called "84, Charring Cross Road?"
7. What do Ms. Hanff's friends do for her before she leaves?
8. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the Tower of London?
9. What does Ms. Hanff do for most of the day on Tuesday, June 29? Why?
10. What makes Ms. Hanff think of Central Park?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)