|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an important site pointed out to Ms. Hanff?
(a) Charing Cross Road.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(d) London Bridge.
2. Ms. Hanff drove where with The Colonel?
(a) To Marston.
(b) To Woodstock.
(c) To Stratford-on-Avon.
(d) To Summertown.
3. What prompted her to be interested in London?
(a) She liked English architecture.
(b) She wanted to meet her pen pal.
(c) She learned of her English Quaker ancestry.
(d) She liked Shakespeare.
4. That night, The Colonel called and when he learned of her trip to Oxford, he suggested what?
(a) He drive her and they stay overnight in Woodstock.
(b) He drive her and they stay overnight in Marston.
(c) He drive her and they stay overnight in Summertown.
(d) He drive her and they stay overnight in Stratford-on-Avon.
5. Ms. Hunff felt this way about the other customers until when?
(a) She got to know them.
(b) She realized many of them were most likely the same kind of people Shakespeare would have seen on his visits.
(c) She left the pub.
(d) They introduced themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff discovers how different London is from what city?
2. Buckley encouraged Ms. Hanff to visit what the following day?
3. That night, Ms. Hanff went to dinner with whom?
4. On Saturday, June 19, Ms. Hanff called Pat Buckley for what reason?
5. How did Ms. Hanff feel about her trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ms. Hanff's book signing.
2. What did Ms. Hanff do at Russell Square?
3. At the hotel, what did a tourist say to Ms. Hanff? Why might they have done this?
4. Where did Pat Buckley take Ms. Hanff that had a connection to Shakespeare? What did Ms. Hanff think of this?
5. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do first when they drove to Windsor?
6. What does Ms. Hanff do for most of the day on Tuesday, June 29? Why?
7. How were Ms. Hanff's friends from Texas different in London? What did Ms. Hanff feel about this?
8. Was Ms. Hanff able to see Joyce Grenfell present a dialogue? Why or why not?
9. What did Ms. Hanff do on the way to dinner with Jean and Ted Ely?
10. What took place on Saturday, July 10?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)