|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hunff felt this way about the other customers until when?
(a) They introduced themselves.
(b) She left the pub.
(c) She got to know them.
(d) She realized many of them were most likely the same kind of people Shakespeare would have seen on his visits.
2. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to go for a ride where?
(a) To Slough and Luton.
(b) To Gillingham and Canterbury.
(c) To Uxbridge and Watford.
(d) To Windsor and Eton.
3. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
(a) 84, Charing Cross Road.
(b) Q's Legacy.
(d) Charing Cross Road.
4. Ms. Hanff admires the calm and quiet of London, but misses what?
(a) The comforts of Chicago.
(b) The chaos that reigns in New York.
(c) The weather of Miami.
(d) The beaches of Los Angeles.
5. Before reaching their destination, Ms. Hanff told the Colonel about what of which a friend had once sent her a postcard?
(a) A little inn near there.
(b) A museum near there.
(c) A monument near there.
(d) A little village near there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Afterward, she went across the street to get some cold medicine and supplies only to discover what?
2. Where was Ms. Hanff taken after she left the airport?
3. On Tuesday, June 29, Ms. Hanff decided to take it easy. Why?
4. Eddie and Isabel were conservative people at home. How did they act in London?
5. What did Ms. Hanff do to reassure herself they would be there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
2. How did Mr. Buckley embarrass Ms. Hanff?
3. Why is Eton important?
4. Describe Ms. Hanff's book signing.
5. What happened on Friday, June 24?
6. What took place the evening of Wednesday, June 30?
7. What makes Ms. Hanff think of Central Park?
8. What happened when Ms. Hanff was back in her rooms.
9. What took place at the dinner at Nora's house?
10. What problems did Ms. Hanff have with her silk dress?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)