|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff had a delightful time and greatly enjoyed who?
(a) The server.
2. Ms. Hanff had always wanted to do what?
(a) Visit her penpal.
(b) Go to England.
(c) Fly on a plane.
(d) Visit her family.
3. Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley then drove around the city and saw what?
(a) Russell Square.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) National Gallery.
4. Ms. Hanff admires the calm and quiet of London, but misses what?
(a) The chaos that reigns in New York.
(b) The beaches of Los Angeles.
(c) The weather of Miami.
(d) The comforts of Chicago.
5. Ms. Hanff was ______________ the other customers.
(a) Annoyed by.
(b) Surprised by.
(c) Worried about.
(d) Interested in.
Short Answer Questions
1. That night, Ms. Hanff met Joyce Grenfell, her husband, Reggie, and a couple from Australia where for dinner?
2. About what were they asked?
3. On Friday, June 18, Ms. Hanff attempted to take a shower and discovered what?
4. Ms. Hanff finds all of these people she meets to be what?
5. What prompted her to be interested in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Colonel entertain Ms. Hanff on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
2. What happened when Ms. Hanff went to the services at the Royal Chapel?
3. What took place the evening of Wednesday, June 30?
4. What takes place at the beginning of this book? Why does Ms. Hanff do this?
5. What took place at the dinner at Nora's house?
6. What did Ms. Hanff do early on Wednesday, June 30?
7. Why is Ms. Hanff nervous?
8. Why is Ms. Hanff so interested in London?
9. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do first when they drove to Windsor?
10. What happened on Friday, June 24?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)