|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That night, The Colonel called and when he learned of her trip to Oxford, he suggested what?
(a) He drive her and they stay overnight in Woodstock.
(b) He drive her and they stay overnight in Summertown.
(c) He drive her and they stay overnight in Marston.
(d) He drive her and they stay overnight in Stratford-on-Avon.
2. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
(a) A friend of her mother's.
(b) A neighbor from New York.
(c) A fellow writer.
(d) A famous actress she had long admired.
3. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
(a) Q's Legacy.
(c) Charing Cross Road.
(d) 84, Charing Cross Road.
4. What did they do at this location?
(a) They got dessert.
(b) They had lunch.
(c) They ate icecream.
(d) They stopped for drinks.
5. Buckley encouraged Ms. Hanff to visit what the following day?
(a) St John's Chapel.
(b) The Royal Chapel.
(c) The Guards Chapel.
(d) The Queen's Chapel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Afterward, they arrived where?
2. The Colonel took her where?
3. Ms. Hunff felt this way about the other customers until when?
4. On Tuesday, June 29, Ms. Hanff decided to take it easy. Why?
5. Ms. Hanff drove where with The Colonel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ms. Hanff do at Russell Square?
2. Why did Ms. Grenfell have trouble taking Ms. Hanff home?
3. What happened at Broadcasting House?
4. What happened on Friday, June 24?
5. Who meets Ms. Hanff at the airport?
6. What problems did Ms. Hanff have with her silk dress?
7. What did Ms. Hanff do early on Wednesday, June 30?
8. What does Ms. Hanff do for most of the day on Tuesday, June 29? Why?
9. What do Ms. Hanff's friends do for her before she leaves?
10. How did Mr. Buckley embarrass Ms. Hanff?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)