|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ms. Hanff do when she found out the publishers were not giving out her address to her fans?
(a) She became very angry.
(b) She thanked them.
(c) She told Carmen to feel free to give out the address.
(d) She told them to only give out her office address.
2. Who are Nora and Sheila Doel?
(a) The friends of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(b) The daughters of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(c) The wife and daughter of her pen pal at Marks & Co.
(d) The sisters of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
3. What is an important site pointed out to Ms. Hanff?
(a) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) Charing Cross Road.
(d) London Bridge.
4. Back at the hotel, Ms. Hanff read an article about her arrival in London and was amused by what?
(a) The description of her.
(b) The language used in the article.
(c) The length of the article.
(d) The reporter called her chic.
5. Ms. Hanff was also planning to use what to pay for her stay?
(a) Her most recent paycheck.
(b) Gifts from her family.
(c) Her advance on the book.
(d) The money she earned from a previous book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompted her to be interested in London?
2. How did Ms. Hanff feel about her trip?
3. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
4. This place is a ____________________.
5. Ms. Hanff thinks how a park reflects the people of the city it is in, and how much she would miss ________________ if she ever left New York.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Ms. Hanff was back in her rooms.
2. Describe Ms. Hanff's last couple days in London and trip home.
3. Describe the party at Nora's house.
4. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do first when they drove to Windsor?
5. What took place the evening of Wednesday, June 30?
6. What took place on Tuesday, July 6?
7. Why is Ms. Hanff's book called "84, Charring Cross Road?"
8. What does Ms. Hanff do for most of the day on Tuesday, June 29? Why?
9. What did Ms. Hanff do with Sheila on Friday, July 23?
10. What did Ms. Hanff agree to do while at dinner with Leo and Ena?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)