|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff visited a handful of booksellers before going to what?
(a) A tour of the Tower of London.
(b) A play.
(c) A book signing for her book.
(d) The park.
2. At a going away party, several friends had given her a gift certificate to __________.
3. The Colonel took her where?
(a) The museum.
(b) The little village.
(c) The little inn.
(d) The monument.
4. On the way, the Colonel entertained Ms. Hanff with what stories?
(a) Mistakes made at the airport.
(b) Of his childhood.
(c) Of the British.
(d) How he tries to cheer travelers up in the airport.
5. Ms. Hanff discovers how different London is from what city?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Later that afternoon, Ms. Hanff spent the afternoon in ________ where she recalled an afternoon in New York where she and two friends had a picnic on Dog Hill that was interrupted by a group of hungry dogs.
2. Ms. Hanff was ______________ the other customers.
3. Ms. Hanff finds all of these people she meets to be what?
4. Ms. Hanff finally had to put her foot down when Eddie suggested they do what, without changing?
5. Ms. Hanff had always wanted to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What took place at the dinner at Nora's house?
2. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
3. Why is Ms. Hanff so interested in London?
4. What happened when Ms. Hanff went to the services at the Royal Chapel?
5. What makes Ms. Hanff think of Central Park?
6. What does Ms. Hanff do for most of the day on Tuesday, June 29? Why?
7. What did Ms. Hanff do with Joyce Grenfell and her husband?
8. What did Ms. Hanff do early on Wednesday, June 30?
9. Where did Pat Buckley take Ms. Hanff that had a connection to Shakespeare? What did Ms. Hanff think of this?
10. What problems did Ms. Hanff have with her silk dress?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)