Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That night Ms. Hanff went to a dinner party and returned to the hotel feeling like what?
(a) A visitor.
(b) A queen.
(c) A duchess.
(d) A native Londoner.
2. Afterward, she went across the street to get some cold medicine and supplies only to discover what?
(a) A bulletin board covered in questionable advertisements.
(b) They did not sell cold medicine.
(c) They were out of all the cold medication.
(d) The store was closed.
3. That night, Ms. Hanff went to see a play with whom?
(a) Joyce Grenfell.
(b) Mr. Buckley.
(c) Nora and Sheila.
(d) The Colonel.
4. Who was supposed to meet Ms. Hanff at the airport?
(a) Ms. Hanff's cousin and the Doels.
(b) Mr. Buckley and a fan of her book.
(c) Nora and Sheila Doel and a fan of her book.
(d) Frank Doel and his family.
5. Ms. Hanff had always wanted to do what?
(a) Visit her family.
(b) Visit her penpal.
(c) Go to England.
(d) Fly on a plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before reaching their destination, Ms. Hanff told the Colonel about what of which a friend had once sent her a postcard?
2. Nora drove Ms. Hanff where for dinner?
3. Who was Ms. Hanff's fan at the airport?
4. Afterward, they saw what play?
5. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on Wednesday, July 21?
2. What did Ms. Hanff do with Sheila on Friday, July 23?
3. Why is Eton important?
4. What happened on Saturday, July 3?
5. What did Ms. Hanff do on Friday, July 9?
6. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do first when they drove to Windsor?
7. What did Ms. Hanff do on the way to dinner with Jean and Ted Ely?
8. What problems did Ms. Hanff have with her silk dress?
9. What did Ms. Hanff do with Mary Scott?
10. Why is Ms. Hanff's book called "84, Charring Cross Road?"
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)