|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Saturday, June 19, Ms. Hanff called Pat Buckley for what reason?
(a) To see if he would like to meet for dinner.
(b) In response to a note he sent her about a tour of London.
(c) To ask for directions to St. Paul's Cathedral.
(d) To give him a complementary copy of her book.
2. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
(a) She was upset that her penpal had died.
(b) She was afraid no one would meet her plane.
(c) She was happy to finally be visiting England.
(d) She was unsure what to do when she arrived.
3. Ms. Hanff had wanted to see London ever since when?
(a) She became Frank's pen pal.
(b) She had read Shakespeare.
(c) She learned about London in school.
(d) She was a small girl.
4. Mr. Buckley and Ms. Hanff went to _________ where Shakespeare used to be a regular customer.
(a) A store.
(b) A theater.
(c) An inn.
(d) A pub.
5. Ms. Hanff finds all of these people she meets to be what?
(b) Annoying and rude.
(c) Kind and generous.
(d) Friendly but nosy.
Short Answer Questions
1. That night Ena arrived with what for Ms. Hanff's cold?
2. That night, The Colonel called and when he learned of her trip to Oxford, he suggested what?
3. How did this fan help Ms. Hanff?
4. What did this stop cause?
5. Ms. Hanff went to Deusch's to get some of her royalties to pay for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ms. Hanff nervous?
2. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the Tower of London?
3. What did Ms. Hanff do early on Wednesday, June 30?
4. Why is Eton important?
5. What took place the evening of Wednesday, June 30?
6. What did Ms. Hanff do before going to bed on her first night in England?
7. What makes Ms. Hanff think of Central Park?
8. What took place at the dinner at Nora's house?
9. How did the Colonel entertain Ms. Hanff on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
10. Who meets Ms. Hanff at the airport?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)