|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ena begged Ms. Hanff not to return home too early and to consider doing what?
(a) Renting a home for the summer.
(b) Staying at their home with them for the summer.
(c) Staying at the hotel for a few more weeks.
(d) Staying in their country house for the summer.
2. What was realized when she arrived here?
(a) Her room was being cleaned.
(b) The store was closed by then.
(c) The store was busy.
(d) The play was sold out.
3. Ms. Hanff had a delightful time and greatly enjoyed who?
(d) The server.
4. That night, Ms. Hanff went to see a play with whom?
(a) Nora and Sheila.
(b) Joyce Grenfell.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) Mr. Buckley.
5. Before reaching their destination, Ms. Hanff told the Colonel about what of which a friend had once sent her a postcard?
(a) A museum near there.
(b) A little village near there.
(c) A monument near there.
(d) A little inn near there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff was ______________ the other customers.
2. What had her brother given her?
3. She was hoping to stay in London for how long?
4. Ms. Hanff went to Deusch's to get some of her royalties to pay for what?
5. That night, Ms. Hanff met Joyce Grenfell, her husband, Reggie, and a couple from Australia where for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place at the beginning of this book? Why does Ms. Hanff do this?
2. What does Ms. Hanff do for most of the day on Tuesday, June 29? Why?
3. What story was told at lunch with Nora?
4. What happened on Friday, June 24?
5. Where did Pat Buckley take Ms. Hanff that had a connection to Shakespeare? What did Ms. Hanff think of this?
6. What happened when Ms. Hanff was back in her rooms.
7. Why is Ms. Hanff's book called "84, Charring Cross Road?"
8. Who meets Ms. Hanff at the airport?
9. What did Ms. Hanff do before going to bed on her first night in England?
10. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the Tower of London?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)