|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
(a) 84, Charing Cross Road.
(b) Q's Legacy.
(d) Charing Cross Road.
2. Ms. Hanff went to her publishers' office from where she was taken to _____________.
(a) A play.
(b) Her book signing.
(c) Her hotel.
(d) 84, Charing Cross Road.
3. About what did Ms. Hanff learn while at dinner with Nora and her daughter?
(a) Life in England.
(b) More about the wife and daughter of her pen pal.
(c) Places to visit.
(d) English history.
4. Eddie and Isabel were conservative people at home. How did they act in London?
5. Ms. Hanff's fans appear to be becoming what?
(a) Her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Later Ms. Hanff went to Pat Buckley's home where they _______________.
2. Afterward, they saw what play?
3. The Colonel took her where?
4. On Friday, June 18, Ms. Hanff attempted to take a shower and discovered what?
5. First they visited the home of two elderly sisters whose house, Ms. Hanff learned, had once been haunted by a ghost who would grow upset when?
Short Essay Questions
1. What took place at the dinner at Nora's house?
2. How did Mr. Buckley embarrass Ms. Hanff?
3. What happened at Broadcasting House?
4. Why is Ms. Hanff's book called "84, Charring Cross Road?"
5. Why did Ms. Grenfell have trouble taking Ms. Hanff home?
6. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
7. How did the Colonel entertain Ms. Hanff on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
8. What takes place at the beginning of this book? Why does Ms. Hanff do this?
9. How were Ms. Hanff's friends from Texas different in London? What did Ms. Hanff feel about this?
10. Why is Ms. Hanff nervous?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)