|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nora drove Ms. Hanff where for dinner?
(a) To her daughter's house.
(b) To her house.
(c) To an expensive restaurant.
(d) To Mr. Buckley's home.
2. Who are Nora and Sheila Doel?
(a) The daughters of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(b) The sisters of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(c) The friends of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(d) The wife and daughter of her pen pal at Marks & Co.
3. What was realized when she arrived here?
(a) The play was sold out.
(b) The store was closed by then.
(c) Her room was being cleaned.
(d) The store was busy.
4. Instead, what did Ms. Hanff and her friends do?
(a) They went on a tour of London.
(b) They saw A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(c) They stayed in.
(d) They had a pleasant dinner.
5. Buckley encouraged Ms. Hanff to visit what the following day?
(a) St John's Chapel.
(b) The Royal Chapel.
(c) The Guards Chapel.
(d) The Queen's Chapel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Afterward, they saw what play?
2. Describe Ms. Hanff's hotel room.
3. Ms. Hanff admires the calm and quiet of London, but misses what?
4. On Friday, June 18, Ms. Hanff attempted to take a shower and discovered what?
5. What are two themes of the novel that are touched upon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Eton important?
2. What do Ms. Hanff's friends do for her before she leaves?
3. What took place at the dinner at Nora's house?
4. What problems did Ms. Hanff have with her silk dress?
5. What took place the evening of Wednesday, June 30?
6. What happened on Friday, June 24?
7. Where did Pat Buckley take Ms. Hanff that had a connection to Shakespeare? What did Ms. Hanff think of this?
8. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the Tower of London?
9. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
10. Why did Ms. Grenfell have trouble taking Ms. Hanff home?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)