|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff drove where with The Colonel?
(a) To Marston.
(b) To Summertown.
(c) To Woodstock.
(d) To Stratford-on-Avon.
2. That night, Ms. Hanff went to see a play with whom?
(a) Nora and Sheila.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) Mr. Buckley.
(d) Joyce Grenfell.
3. Later that afternoon, Ms. Hanff spent the afternoon in ________ where she recalled an afternoon in New York where she and two friends had a picnic on Dog Hill that was interrupted by a group of hungry dogs.
(a) Battersea Park.
(b) Chelsea Physic Garden.
(c) Brockwell Park.
(d) St. James Park.
4. Where was Ms. Hanff taken after she left the airport?
(a) To her hotel.
(b) To London Bridge.
(c) To dinner.
(d) To her book signing.
5. What was Ms. Hanff surprised to find?
(a) No one at her book signing.
(b) A large group on the tour.
(c) She could get around London quite well on her own.
(d) A sizable line of people waiting for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was realized when she arrived here?
2. Ms. Hanff had always wanted to do what?
3. Back at the hotel, Ms. Hanff read an article about her arrival in London and was amused by what?
4. Describe Ms. Hanff's hotel room.
5. Ms. Hanff thinks how a park reflects the people of the city it is in, and how much she would miss ________________ if she ever left New York.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Pat Buckley take Ms. Hanff that had a connection to Shakespeare? What did Ms. Hanff think of this?
2. What story was told at lunch with Nora?
3. Why is Ms. Hanff so interested in London?
4. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do first when they drove to Windsor?
5. What happened when Ms. Hanff was back in her rooms.
6. What takes place at the beginning of this book? Why does Ms. Hanff do this?
7. Why is Ms. Hanff's book called "84, Charring Cross Road?"
8. What did Ms. Hanff do with Joyce Grenfell and her husband?
9. Describe Ms. Hanff's book signing.
10. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)