|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff had wanted to see London ever since when?
(a) She had read Shakespeare.
(b) She learned about London in school.
(c) She was a small girl.
(d) She became Frank's pen pal.
2. Who was supposed to meet Ms. Hanff at the airport?
(a) Nora and Sheila Doel and a fan of her book.
(b) Mr. Buckley and a fan of her book.
(c) Ms. Hanff's cousin and the Doels.
(d) Frank Doel and his family.
3. On Saturday, June 19, Ms. Hanff called Pat Buckley for what reason?
(a) In response to a note he sent her about a tour of London.
(b) To ask for directions to St. Paul's Cathedral.
(c) To see if he would like to meet for dinner.
(d) To give him a complementary copy of her book.
4. First they visited the home of two elderly sisters whose house, Ms. Hanff learned, had once been haunted by a ghost who would grow upset when?
(a) They came home.
(b) They planned to take a trip.
(c) They stayed up late.
(d) They had guests over.
5. Who are Nora and Sheila Doel?
(a) The friends of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(b) The sisters of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(c) The daughters of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(d) The wife and daughter of her pen pal at Marks & Co.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hunff commented on the ceremony of the guards doing what?
2. Ms. Hanff's fans appear to be becoming what?
3. Ms. Hanff visited a handful of booksellers before going to what?
4. Ms. Hanff discovers how different London is from what city?
5. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to go for a ride where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ms. Hanff nervous?
2. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
3. What story was told at lunch with Nora?
4. Where did Pat Buckley take Ms. Hanff that had a connection to Shakespeare? What did Ms. Hanff think of this?
5. What takes place at the beginning of this book? Why does Ms. Hanff do this?
6. What happened when Ms. Hanff was back in her rooms.
7. What did Ms. Hanff do with Joyce Grenfell and her husband?
8. What makes Ms. Hanff think of Central Park?
9. How were Ms. Hanff's friends from Texas different in London? What did Ms. Hanff feel about this?
10. Why is Ms. Hanff so interested in London?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)