|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
(a) The hotel was not set up for that sort of services.
(b) The dress could not be pressed.
(c) The dress was not where she thought it was.
(d) The dress no longer fit.
2. How did Ms. Hanff feel about her trip?
3. On Sunday, June 20, Ms. Hanff visited ______________ where she met a ticket taker with whom she discussed roses.
(a) Russell Square.
(b) London Tower.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
4. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
5. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
(a) She was happy to finally be visiting England.
(b) She was upset that her penpal had died.
(c) She was unsure what to do when she arrived.
(d) She was afraid no one would meet her plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did this stop cause?
2. Later that afternoon, Ms. Hanff spent the afternoon in ________ where she recalled an afternoon in New York where she and two friends had a picnic on Dog Hill that was interrupted by a group of hungry dogs.
3. Ms. Hanff was horrified when her friends insisted on having lunch at Claridge's without doing what?
4. On Tuesday, June 29, Ms. Hanff decided to take it easy. Why?
5. Ms. Hanff had a delightful time and greatly enjoyed who?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Colonel entertain Ms. Hanff on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
2. What makes Ms. Hanff think of Central Park?
3. What story was told at lunch with Nora?
4. Why is Ms. Hanff nervous?
5. What happened when Ms. Hanff went to the services at the Royal Chapel?
6. Who meets Ms. Hanff at the airport?
7. How did Mr. Buckley embarrass Ms. Hanff?
8. Why did Ms. Grenfell have trouble taking Ms. Hanff home?
9. What did Ms. Hanff do before going to bed on her first night in England?
10. What problems did Ms. Hanff have with her silk dress?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)