|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Later in the day, Ms. Hanff and Nora Doel were interviewed where?
(a) At Broadcasting House.
(b) At Nora's home.
(c) At 84, Charing Cross Road.
(d) At the hotel.
2. Where was Ms. Hanff taken after she left the airport?
(a) To her hotel.
(b) To dinner.
(c) To London Bridge.
(d) To her book signing.
3. On Sunday, June 27, Ms. Hanff went to services where and instantly discovered she was the center of attention, causing her a great deal of discomfort?
(a) At the Royal Chapel.
(b) At the Queen's Chapel.
(c) At St John's Chapel.
(d) At the Guards Chapel.
4. Ms. Hanff went to lunch with Nora where she was told a story of how Nora and Frank once knew a rare book dealer who turned out to be what?
(a) A king.
(b) A cop.
(c) A drug dealer.
(d) A Russian spy.
5. Ena begged Ms. Hanff not to return home too early and to consider doing what?
(a) Staying at their home with them for the summer.
(b) Renting a home for the summer.
(c) Staying in their country house for the summer.
(d) Staying at the hotel for a few more weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Later Ms. Hanff went to Pat Buckley's home where they _______________.
2. Ms. Hanff went to Deusch's to get some of her royalties to pay for what?
3. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
4. Ms. Hanff admires the calm and quiet of London, but misses what?
5. Back at the hotel, Ms. Hanff read an article about her arrival in London and was amused by what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at Broadcasting House?
2. What took place at the dinner at Nora's house?
3. What story was told at lunch with Nora?
4. What did Ms. Hanff do at Russell Square?
5. What takes place at the beginning of this book? Why does Ms. Hanff do this?
6. What happened when Ms. Hanff went to the services at the Royal Chapel?
7. What makes Ms. Hanff think of Central Park?
8. What do Ms. Hanff's friends do for her before she leaves?
9. Why is Ms. Hanff so interested in London?
10. Why is Eton important?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)