Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff spent the day alone touring what?
(a) Hyde Park.
(b) Battersea Park.
(c) Saint James Park.
(d) Regent's Park.
2. Ms. Grenfell drove Ms. Hanff home afterward, having difficulty finding a way to get to the hotel's front door. Why?
(a) Because there was a great deal of traffic.
(b) Because the road was blocked off.
(c) Because her car was too large for the street.
(d) Because of all the one way streets that surround it.
3. What did this stop cause?
(a) A sensation among the villagers.
(b) Irritation among the locals.
(c) A delay in their travel.
(d) Confusion in their location.
4. Ms. Hanff spent most of the day in the dining room watching _________ and reading the newspaper.
(a) The employees.
(c) The locals.
(d) The other tourists.
5. Before reaching their destination, Ms. Hanff told the Colonel about what of which a friend had once sent her a postcard?
(a) A museum near there.
(b) A monument near there.
(c) A little inn near there.
(d) A little village near there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
2. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
3. Where was Ms. Hanff taken after she left the airport?
4. Ms. Hanff went to Deusch's to get some of her royalties to pay for what?
5. Nora drove Ms. Hanff where for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ms. Hanff do in Oxford?
2. What happened at Broadcasting House?
3. What note did Ms. Hanff find? Who was it from?
4. What makes Ms. Hanff think of Central Park?
5. What did Ms. Hanff do at Russell Square?
6. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the Tower of London?
7. Why is Ms. Hanff nervous?
8. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on Wednesday, July 21?
9. What did Ms. Hanff do during the day on Thursday, July 15?
10. What did Ms. Hanff agree to do while at dinner with Leo and Ena?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)