|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. They visited Marlborough House but discovered what?
(a) It was under repair.
(b) It was very expensive.
(c) It was closed.
(d) It was very crowded.
2. On Sunday, June 27, Ms. Hanff went to services where and instantly discovered she was the center of attention, causing her a great deal of discomfort?
(a) At the Queen's Chapel.
(b) At the Royal Chapel.
(c) At St John's Chapel.
(d) At the Guards Chapel.
3. At a going away party, several friends had given her a gift certificate to __________.
4. What are two themes of the novel that are touched upon?
(a) Luxury and friendship.
(b) Poverty and desire.
(c) Friendship and fanfare.
(d) Family and poverty.
5. Ms. Hanff finds all of these people she meets to be what?
(a) Annoying and rude.
(c) Kind and generous.
(d) Friendly but nosy.
Short Answer Questions
1. This place is a ____________________.
2. Ena begged Ms. Hanff not to return home too early and to consider doing what?
3. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
4. What had her brother given her?
5. Afterward, they saw what play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mr. Buckley embarrass Ms. Hanff?
2. How did the Colonel entertain Ms. Hanff on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
3. Why is Eton important?
4. What happened when Ms. Hanff went to the services at the Royal Chapel?
5. What does Ms. Hanff do for most of the day on Tuesday, June 29? Why?
6. What took place the evening of Wednesday, June 30?
7. What did Ms. Hanff do early on Wednesday, June 30?
8. What makes Ms. Hanff think of Central Park?
9. Why did Ms. Grenfell have trouble taking Ms. Hanff home?
10. Why is Ms. Hanff nervous?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)