|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff admires the calm and quiet of London, but misses what?
(a) The beaches of Los Angeles.
(b) The comforts of Chicago.
(c) The chaos that reigns in New York.
(d) The weather of Miami.
2. What did this stop cause?
(a) Confusion in their location.
(b) A delay in their travel.
(c) A sensation among the villagers.
(d) Irritation among the locals.
3. Who was supposed to meet Ms. Hanff at the airport?
(a) Frank Doel and his family.
(b) Mr. Buckley and a fan of her book.
(c) Nora and Sheila Doel and a fan of her book.
(d) Ms. Hanff's cousin and the Doels.
4. Describe the person in #13.
(a) He was a big man who had recently been widowed.
(b) He was an acquaintance of her family.
(c) He was her pen pal for many years.
(d) She was the wife of her pen pal.
5. Ms. Grenfell drove Ms. Hanff home afterward, having difficulty finding a way to get to the hotel's front door. Why?
(a) Because the road was blocked off.
(b) Because of all the one way streets that surround it.
(c) Because her car was too large for the street.
(d) Because there was a great deal of traffic.
Short Answer Questions
1. They visited Marlborough House but discovered what?
2. Ms. Hanff was embarrassed when?
3. Afterward, they arrived where?
4. Ms. Hanff thinks how a park reflects the people of the city it is in, and how much she would miss ________________ if she ever left New York.
5. Ms. Hanff drove where with The Colonel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ms. Hanff's book called "84, Charring Cross Road?"
2. How did the Colonel entertain Ms. Hanff on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
3. What did the Colonel and Ms. Hanff do on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
4. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the Tower of London?
5. What took place at the dinner at Nora's house?
6. Where did Pat Buckley take Ms. Hanff that had a connection to Shakespeare? What did Ms. Hanff think of this?
7. What happened when Ms. Hanff was back in her rooms.
8. Why is Ms. Hanff so interested in London?
9. What happened at Broadcasting House?
10. What do Ms. Hanff's friends do for her before she leaves?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)