|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ms. Hanff surprised to find?
(a) A large group on the tour.
(b) A sizable line of people waiting for her.
(c) No one at her book signing.
(d) She could get around London quite well on her own.
2. Who was Ms. Hanff's fan at the airport?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) Sheila Doel.
(c) Frank Doel.
(d) Pat Buckley.
3. Ms. Hanff finally had to put her foot down when Eddie suggested they do what, without changing?
(a) Visit her new acquaintances.
(b) Go to dinner.
(c) See A Midsummer's Night Dream.
(d) See a movie.
4. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to go for a ride where?
(a) To Slough and Luton.
(b) To Uxbridge and Watford.
(c) To Gillingham and Canterbury.
(d) To Windsor and Eton.
5. Describe Ms. Hanff's hotel room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff thinks how a park reflects the people of the city it is in, and how much she would miss ________________ if she ever left New York.
2. On Saturday, June 25, Ms. Hanff drove where with Mr. Buckley?
3. On Sunday, June 27, Ms. Hanff went to services where and instantly discovered she was the center of attention, causing her a great deal of discomfort?
4. Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley then drove around the city and saw what?
5. Ena begged Ms. Hanff not to return home too early and to consider doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ms. Hanff do early on Wednesday, June 30?
2. Why is Ms. Hanff nervous?
3. What does Ms. Hanff do for most of the day on Tuesday, June 29? Why?
4. How were Ms. Hanff's friends from Texas different in London? What did Ms. Hanff feel about this?
5. Describe Ms. Hanff's book signing.
6. How did the Colonel entertain Ms. Hanff on the way to Stratford-on-Avon?
7. What makes Ms. Hanff think of Central Park?
8. What happened at Broadcasting House?
9. What took place the evening of Wednesday, June 30?
10. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do first when they drove to Windsor?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)