|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Afterward, she went across the street to get some cold medicine and supplies only to discover what?
(a) The store was closed.
(b) They were out of all the cold medication.
(c) A bulletin board covered in questionable advertisements.
(d) They did not sell cold medicine.
2. On Tuesday, June 29, Ms. Hanff decided to take it easy. Why?
(a) She was tired.
(b) To nurse a cold she caught.
(c) Everyone else had plans.
(d) It was raining.
3. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
(a) 84, Charing Cross Road.
(c) Charing Cross Road.
(d) Q's Legacy.
4. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
(a) A famous actress she had long admired.
(b) A neighbor from New York.
(c) A fellow writer.
(d) A friend of her mother's.
5. Describe Ms. Hanff's hotel room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did this fan help Ms. Hanff?
2. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to go for a ride where?
3. Ena begged Ms. Hanff not to return home too early and to consider doing what?
4. About what were they asked?
5. What is an important site pointed out to Ms. Hanff?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Eton important?
2. Describe Ms. Hanff's book signing.
3. Who meets Ms. Hanff at the airport?
4. What problems did Ms. Hanff have with her silk dress?
5. How were Ms. Hanff's friends from Texas different in London? What did Ms. Hanff feel about this?
6. What took place the evening of Wednesday, June 30?
7. What did Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley do first when they drove to Windsor?
8. Why did Ms. Grenfell have trouble taking Ms. Hanff home?
9. What took place at the dinner at Nora's house?
10. What did Ms. Hanff do with Joyce Grenfell and her husband?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)