|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary Scott took Ms. Hanff on a walking tour of what?
2. What happened to the car that was to drive her?
(a) It broke down.
(b) It called and canceled.
(c) It never showed up.
(d) It got lost.
3. On Friday, July 23, Sheila took Ms. Hanff to see what?
(a) Fitzroy House.
(b) Banqueting House.
(c) Apsley House.
(d) Hatfield House.
4. This explanation also helped Ms. Hanff understand Englishmens' fascination with whom?
(a) J. K. Rowling.
(c) C. S. Lewis.
5. Nora gave Ms. Hanff some pictures of whom to take home?
(a) Her family.
6. Ms. Hanff went to the hotel bar where she had ____________, which she had to teach the bartender to make.
(a) A margarita.
(b) A daquiri.
(c) A gin martini.
(d) A vodka tonic.
7. The party consisted of _____________ who brought Ms. Hanff small gifts.
(c) Rare book dealers.
8. From there they went to the Bank of England and then to __________ for lunch.
(a) The Enterprise.
(b) George & Vulture.
(c) Blue Door Bistro.
(d) St Pancras Grand.
9. On Friday, July 16 Ms. Hanff was to go to a dinner where?
(a) At Frank's.
(b) At Nora's.
(c) At Mr. Buckley's.
(d) At Ena's.
10. Ena asked if Ms. Hanff would do what?
(a) Sit for a portrait.
(b) Paint her.
(c) Stay an extra week.
(d) Go to the National Portrait Gallery with her.
11. Afterward Ms. Hanff went to see what?
(a) The National Portrait Gallery.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) The Temple.
12. That night Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
(a) Nora and Sheila.
(b) Mr. Buckley.
(c) Henry Irving.
(d) Leo and Ena.
13. On Friday, July 2, Ms. Hanff and The Colonel continued their journey to ________ where they went to the home of Laura Davidson.
14. Was Ellen Terry also buried at Westminster Abbey?
(c) At first.
(d) Not until years after her death.
15. On the way to dinner, they stopped at Waterlow Park where they could see what?
(a) The dome of St. Paul's Cathedral.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) Mr. Hanff's hotel.
(d) Big Ben.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Saturday, July 10, Ms. Hanff went where?
2. When she was done, why did she take the bus?
3. Afterward the Colonel and Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
4. Where did she buy a dress?
5. What is a mew?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)