|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did this guest feel about the level of importance Ms. Hanff had somehow gained in London?
2. Afterward where did they visit?
3. Where did she buy a dress?
(a) At a small boutique.
(b) At Macys.
(c) At Dillards.
(d) At Harvey Nichols.
4. On Saturday, July 10, Ms. Hanff went where?
5. Ms. Hanff's driver was ___________________ who drove cabs to make extra money.
(a) A doctor.
(b) An intern at a local hospital.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A scientist.
6. With what was this article to be printed?
(a) An article she wrote on American fan mail.
(b) An article she wrote on American museums.
(c) An article she wrote on American culture.
(d) An article she wrote on American tea.
7. What happened to the car that was to drive her?
(a) It got lost.
(b) It called and canceled.
(c) It broke down.
(d) It never showed up.
8. Why was Ms. Hanff unable to see Joyce Grenfell present a dialogue at a church?
(a) She became ill.
(b) Her dinner plans lasted longer than planned.
(c) She could not find the church.
(d) She got lost.
9. Where else did these two walk?
(a) In Hampstead.
(b) In Greenwich.
(c) In Kensington.
(d) In Edmonton.
10. This explanation also helped Ms. Hanff understand Englishmens' fascination with whom?
(c) C. S. Lewis.
(d) J. K. Rowling.
11. Ms. Hanff received a check from Reader's Digest that made it possible for her to extend her stay for how much longer?
(a) Five more days.
(b) Five more weeks.
(c) Ten more weeks.
(d) Ten more days.
12. Why did this cause a bit of a stir?
(a) She was not supposed to write in it.
(b) The book was very expensive.
(c) She was supposed to take it home.
(d) It was a gift for her.
13. The party consisted of _____________ who brought Ms. Hanff small gifts.
(b) Rare book dealers.
14. He _____________ Ms. Hanff with stories all the way to Nora's house.
15. Why did Ena ask her to do this?
(a) She wanted a portrait done of herself.
(b) She was a portrait artist and had done the portraits of some celebrities.
(c) She wanted company at the museum.
(d) She wanted to spend more time with Ms. Hanff.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Thursday, July 22, Ms. Hanff sat for Ena once again. Leo showed up early and did what?
2. To stretch her wardrobe, Ms. Hanff went to Harrods to buy what?
3. Ms. Hanff went to St. Paul's Cathedral where she thought of who the entire time?
4. Why did they go to this house?
5. Outside the Abbey, they passed what?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)