|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Thursday, July 22, Ms. Hanff sat for Ena once again. Leo showed up early and did what?
(a) Surpised them.
(b) Ruined the mood.
(c) Brought them a snack.
(d) Ignored them.
2. The party consisted of _____________ who brought Ms. Hanff small gifts.
(d) Rare book dealers.
3. Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to have lunch with whom?
(a) John Fowles.
(b) Muriel Spark.
(c) George Orwell.
(d) Charles Dickens.
4. Afterward where did they visit?
5. Ms. Hanff had lunch at the Savoy with a reporter who was surprised at what?
(a) How happy Ms. Hanff had been in London.
(b) How many friends Ms. Hanff had made.
(c) All that Ms. Hanff had seen.
(d) How long Ms. Hanff had been in London.
6. On Sunday, July 11, Ms. Hanff went to see what with Nora and Sheila?
(a) A play.
(b) Westminster Abbey.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) The Tower of London.
7. On Sunday, July 4, Ms. Hanff had lunch with whom?
(a) Frank Doel.
(b) Laura Davidson.
(c) Mark Connelly.
(d) Pat Buckley.
8. Did Ms. Hanff agree to do this?
(b) Not at first.
(c) Only at first.
9. On Friday, July 9, Ms. Hanff did what?
(a) An interview.
(b) Left for New York.
(c) Slept in.
(d) Stayed in the hotel.
10. Ms. Hanff went to the hotel bar where she had ____________, which she had to teach the bartender to make.
(a) A gin martini.
(b) A vodka tonic.
(c) A margarita.
(d) A daquiri.
11. On Friday, July 16 Ms. Hanff was to go to a dinner where?
(a) At Nora's.
(b) At Mr. Buckley's.
(c) At Frank's.
(d) At Ena's.
12. On Sunday, July 18, Ms. Hanff spent the morning doing what?
(a) Sitting in Russell Square for Ena.
(b) Reading the paper.
(c) Reading in bed.
(d) Drinking coffee in the hotel lobby.
13. Ms. Hanff had to call ___________ which cost more but would go anywhere.
(a) A limousine.
(b) A minicab.
(c) A car service.
(d) A bus.
14. Why did Ena ask her to do this?
(a) She wanted a portrait done of herself.
(b) She wanted to spend more time with Ms. Hanff.
(c) She wanted company at the museum.
(d) She was a portrait artist and had done the portraits of some celebrities.
15. Afterward the Colonel and Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
(c) His sister-in-law.
(d) Nora and Sheila.
Short Answer Questions
1. A guard in a wool uniform sat on what?
2. From there they went to the Bank of England and then to __________ for lunch.
3. Ms. Hanff was asked to write three pages on what to be printed for the Reader's Digest?
4. What is a mew?
5. Was Ellen Terry also buried at Westminster Abbey?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)