|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff received a check from Reader's Digest that made it possible for her to extend her stay for how much longer?
(a) Ten more weeks.
(b) Five more days.
(c) Five more weeks.
(d) Ten more days.
2. That night Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
(a) Nora and Sheila.
(b) Leo and Ena.
(c) Mr. Buckley.
(d) Henry Irving.
3. On the way back to his house, Mr. Buckley told Ms. Hanff about some work he did where?
(b) New York.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) In Hollywood.
4. Afterward, the Grenfells took Ms. Hanff on what?
(a) A boat ride.
(b) A walk.
(c) A carriage ride.
(d) A driving tour of London.
5. Ms. Hanff went to the hotel bar where she had ____________, which she had to teach the bartender to make.
(a) A margarita.
(b) A vodka tonic.
(c) A daquiri.
(d) A gin martini.
6. On the way to dinner, they stopped at Waterlow Park where they could see what?
(a) Mr. Hanff's hotel.
(b) The dome of St. Paul's Cathedral.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) Big Ben.
7. On Thursday, July 22, Ms. Hanff sat for Ena once again. Leo showed up early and did what?
(a) Brought them a snack.
(b) Ignored them.
(c) Surpised them.
(d) Ruined the mood.
8. Over dinner, Ms. Hanff attempted to explain the America fascination with ___________, explaining that it has something to do with how he wrote about the inglorious nobodies.
(c) C. S. Lewis.
(d) J. K. Rowling.
9. Where did she eventually find herself?
(a) In a coffee shop.
(b) Walking through a prosperous neighborhood.
(c) Walking into someone's backyard.
(d) Lost in a poor neighborhood.
10. Why did she have a temper tantrum?
(a) She insisted upon returning to her hotel room.
(b) She wanted to go out to an expensive restaurant for lunch.
(c) She wanted more time to see the sights.
(d) She insisted upon seeing Trinity College and Oriel.
11. Nora gave Ms. Hanff some pictures of whom to take home?
(c) Her family.
12. Why did they go to this house?
(a) To relax.
(b) To watch a movie.
(c) For salmon mousse.
(d) To grill out.
13. On Friday, July 9, Ms. Hanff did what?
(a) Slept in.
(b) Left for New York.
(c) An interview.
(d) Stayed in the hotel.
14. With what was this article to be printed?
(a) An article she wrote on American museums.
(b) An article she wrote on American fan mail.
(c) An article she wrote on American culture.
(d) An article she wrote on American tea.
15. Ms. Hanff met the Grenfells for dinner where?
(a) At a small restaurant.
(b) At their home.
(c) At a large restaurant.
(d) At a luxurious restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Outside the Abbey, they passed what?
2. Ena asked if Ms. Hanff would do what?
3. How did this guest feel about the level of importance Ms. Hanff had somehow gained in London?
4. Who grew up in the place they visited in Question 177?
5. Mary Scott took Ms. Hanff on a walking tour of what?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)