|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A guard in a wool uniform sat on what?
(a) A Hummer.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A bench.
(d) A horse.
2. The Colonel took Ms. Hanff to see what churchyard?
(a) St James'.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
3. On the way back to his house, Mr. Buckley told Ms. Hanff about some work he did where?
(a) In Hollywood.
(b) New York.
(d) Las Vegas.
4. What is a mew?
(a) A sound a cat makes.
(b) A church.
(c) A garden.
(d) A converted stone barn with no windows.
5. Over dinner, Ms. Hanff attempted to explain the America fascination with ___________, explaining that it has something to do with how he wrote about the inglorious nobodies.
(b) C. S. Lewis.
(d) J. K. Rowling.
6. Ms. Hanff went to the Actor's Church to see whose ashes?
(a) King Henry the VIII's.
(b) Ellen Terry's.
(c) Princess Diana's.
(d) Clark Gable's.
7. What did this person recommend to Ms. Hanff?
(a) Places to eat.
(b) Places to buy books.
(c) Places she could visit.
(d) Places to sit and relax.
8. That night, Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
(a) Nora and Sheila.
(b) Leo and Ena.
(c) Jean and Ted Ely.
(d) Mr. Buckley.
9. Mr. Buckley once showed an architect some English pubs to help him do what?
(a) Design a pub style bar in Chicago.
(b) Design a pub style bar in New York.
(c) Design a pub style bar in Cleveland.
(d) Design a pub style bar in Pittsburgh.
10. Who is Laura Davidson?
(a) Ms. Hanff's secretary.
(b) Ms. Hanff's niece.
(c) The fan who had invited Ms. Hanff to Oxford.
(d) A friend of Ms. Hanff's.
11. What did Ms. Hanff do with a notebook that she received?
(a) She forgot it.
(b) She spilled wine on it.
(c) She wrote in it.
(d) She threw it away.
12. On Saturday, July 10, Ms. Hanff went where?
13. Ms. Hanff had her hair done before having dinner with whom?
(a) Laura Davidson and her husband.
(b) Mark Connelly and his fiancee.
(c) Mr. Buckley and his wife.
(d) An English couple.
14. Why did Ena ask her to do this?
(a) She was a portrait artist and had done the portraits of some celebrities.
(b) She wanted to spend more time with Ms. Hanff.
(c) She wanted company at the museum.
(d) She wanted a portrait done of herself.
15. Who grew up in the place they visited in Question 177?
(a) The Duke of Wellington.
(b) James I.
(c) Queen Elizabeth I.
(d) L. Ron Hubbard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nora gave Ms. Hanff some pictures of whom to take home?
2. Mary Scott took Ms. Hanff on a walking tour of what?
3. Afterward the Colonel and Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
4. When she was done, why did she take the bus?
5. Was Ms. Hanff impressed with the statue?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)