|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The party consisted of _____________ who brought Ms. Hanff small gifts.
(c) Rare book dealers.
2. On Friday, July 16 Ms. Hanff was to go to a dinner where?
(a) At Frank's.
(b) At Nora's.
(c) At Ena's.
(d) At Mr. Buckley's.
3. Did she have any luck at Buckingham Palace?
(a) Only at first.
(d) Not at first.
4. Did Ms. Hanff agree to do this?
(a) Only at first.
(b) Not at first.
5. That night, Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
(a) Nora and Sheila.
(b) Jean and Ted Ely.
(c) Mr. Buckley.
(d) Leo and Ena.
6. Where else did these two walk?
(a) In Kensington.
(b) In Greenwich.
(c) In Hampstead.
(d) In Edmonton.
7. Ms. Hanff and Ena went to the National Portrait Gallery where Ms. Hanff was fascinated with the portraits of ____________ century figures.
(a) Sixteenth and seventeenth.
(b) Fourteenth and fifteenth.
(c) Eighteenth and nineteenth.
(d) Twelfth and thirteenth.
8. On the way to dinner, they stopped at Waterlow Park where they could see what?
(a) Big Ben.
(b) The dome of St. Paul's Cathedral.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) Mr. Hanff's hotel.
9. To stretch her wardrobe, Ms. Hanff went to Harrods to buy what?
(a) Another dress.
(b) Another jacket.
(c) An iron and ironing board.
(d) A pant suit.
10. When she found a plaque announcing the location of Vivien Leigh's ashes, what did Ms. Hanff do?
(a) She began to scream.
(b) She began to laugh.
(c) She ignored it.
(d) She began to cry.
11. Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley offering what?
(a) To buy her a gift.
(b) To take her out on Wednesday.
(c) To paint her portrait.
(d) To take her on a tour of London.
12. Ms. Hanff had lunch at the Savoy with a reporter who was surprised at what?
(a) How many friends Ms. Hanff had made.
(b) How happy Ms. Hanff had been in London.
(c) How long Ms. Hanff had been in London.
(d) All that Ms. Hanff had seen.
13. Afterward, the Grenfells took Ms. Hanff on what?
(a) A walk.
(b) A carriage ride.
(c) A driving tour of London.
(d) A boat ride.
14. On Saturday, July 3, Ms. Hanff got a note from Mark Connelly. Who is Mark Connelly?
(a) An actor.
(b) A former employer.
(c) A playwright her mother admired.
(d) A family friend.
15. The Colonel took Ms. Hanff to see what churchyard?
(b) Westminster Abbey.
(c) St James'.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Saturday, July 10, Ms. Hanff went where?
2. Afterward Ms. Hanff went to see what?
3. Ms. Hanff received a check from Reader's Digest that made it possible for her to extend her stay for how much longer?
4. Where did she buy a dress?
5. A guard in a wool uniform sat on what?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)