|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff was asked to write three pages on what to be printed for the Reader's Digest?
(a) The English culture.
(b) The English tea.
(c) The English fan mail she received.
(d) The museums of England.
2. Why did this cause a bit of a stir?
(a) The book was very expensive.
(b) She was not supposed to write in it.
(c) It was a gift for her.
(d) She was supposed to take it home.
3. Mr. Buckley took Ms. Hanff to see Syon House and ___________.
(a) Regent's Park.
(b) Rockaway Beach.
(c) Ozone Park.
(d) Osterly Park.
4. Ms. Hanff attempted to take a taxi, but discovered what?
(a) They would not drive to that area.
(b) They were too expensive.
(c) They were no longer running.
(d) They could not come pick her up.
5. On Friday, July 2, Ms. Hanff and The Colonel continued their journey to ________ where they went to the home of Laura Davidson.
6. What did this person recommend to Ms. Hanff?
(a) Places to eat.
(b) Places she could visit.
(c) Places to sit and relax.
(d) Places to buy books.
7. That night, Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
(a) Nora and Sheila.
(b) Leo and Ena.
(c) Mr. Buckley.
(d) Jean and Ted Ely.
8. Why did Ena ask her to do this?
(a) She wanted to spend more time with Ms. Hanff.
(b) She was a portrait artist and had done the portraits of some celebrities.
(c) She wanted company at the museum.
(d) She wanted a portrait done of herself.
9. Ms. Hanff and Ena went to the National Portrait Gallery where Ms. Hanff was fascinated with the portraits of ____________ century figures.
(a) Fourteenth and fifteenth.
(b) Twelfth and thirteenth.
(c) Sixteenth and seventeenth.
(d) Eighteenth and nineteenth.
10. Why did she end up only buying a shoulder bag?
(a) She did not like any of the clothes.
(b) They did not have any irons or ironing boards.
(c) The jackets were all too large.
(d) The dresses were all too expensive.
11. On the way to dinner, they stopped at Waterlow Park where they could see what?
(a) The dome of St. Paul's Cathedral.
(b) Mr. Hanff's hotel.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) The Tower of London.
12. Afterward Ms. Hanff went to see what?
(a) The Temple.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) The National Portrait Gallery.
(d) Big Ben.
13. What did Ms. Hanff do with a notebook that she received?
(a) She forgot it.
(b) She spilled wine on it.
(c) She threw it away.
(d) She wrote in it.
14. At the hotel, who talked to Ms. Hanff?
(a) The owner.
(b) An employee.
(c) Another writer.
(d) A tourist.
15. Who is Laura Davidson?
(a) A friend of Ms. Hanff's.
(b) Ms. Hanff's secretary.
(c) The fan who had invited Ms. Hanff to Oxford.
(d) Ms. Hanff's niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Afterward, the Grenfells took Ms. Hanff on what?
2. To where did Ms. Hanff and Ena return?
3. The Colonel threw a going away party for Ms. Hanff. It was delightful, but Ms. Hanff could barely remember what?
4. On the way, Ms. Hanff stopped at Grosvenor Square to see what?
5. Was Ellen Terry also buried at Westminster Abbey?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)