|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Sunday, July 11, Ms. Hanff went to see what with Nora and Sheila?
(a) The Tower of London.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) A play.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
2. Where did she buy a dress?
(a) At Harvey Nichols.
(b) At a small boutique.
(c) At Dillards.
(d) At Macys.
3. To stretch her wardrobe, Ms. Hanff went to Harrods to buy what?
(a) Another dress.
(b) Another jacket.
(c) A pant suit.
(d) An iron and ironing board.
4. On Saturday, July 3, Ms. Hanff got a note from Mark Connelly. Who is Mark Connelly?
(a) A former employer.
(b) A playwright her mother admired.
(c) An actor.
(d) A family friend.
5. After lunch they went to Lombard Street where they saw what?
(a) The Crooked Street Task Force.
(b) The Cow Hollow neighborhood.
(c) It's eight sharp turns.
(d) The emblems hanging outside the banks.
6. From there they went to the Bank of England and then to __________ for lunch.
(a) St Pancras Grand.
(b) The Enterprise.
(c) Blue Door Bistro.
(d) George & Vulture.
7. About what did they talk?
(a) The hotel.
(b) Some of the sites of the city.
(c) The neighborhood.
8. On Saturday, July 10, Ms. Hanff went where?
9. What is a mew?
(a) A sound a cat makes.
(b) A church.
(c) A converted stone barn with no windows.
(d) A garden.
10. Ms. Hanff's driver was ___________________ who drove cabs to make extra money.
(a) An intern at a local hospital.
(b) A scientist.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
11. That afternoon, Ms. Hanff went for a walk in ____________ where she got lost.
(a) Prospect Park.
(b) Regent's Park.
(c) Central Park.
(d) Hyde Park.
12. Afterward, they went back to Laura's for _______ and then returned to London.
13. To where did Ms. Hanff and Ena return?
(a) The Churchill Museum.
(b) The Imperial War Museum.
(c) The National Portrait Gallery.
(d) The Natural History Museum.
14. Was Ms. Hanff impressed with the statue?
(c) Only at first.
15. Outside the Abbey, they passed what?
(a) A monument.
(b) A museum.
(c) A fountain.
(d) The War Office.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Friday, July 9, Ms. Hanff did what?
2. Why was Ms. Hanff unable to see Joyce Grenfell present a dialogue at a church?
3. What happened to the car that was to drive her?
4. That night Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
5. Mr. Buckley once showed an architect some English pubs to help him do what?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)