|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That night Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
(a) Henry Irving.
(b) Nora and Sheila.
(c) Leo and Ena.
(d) Mr. Buckley.
2. Where else did these two walk?
(a) In Hampstead.
(b) In Greenwich.
(c) In Kensington.
(d) In Edmonton.
3. Why did this cause a bit of a stir?
(a) It was a gift for her.
(b) She was supposed to take it home.
(c) She was not supposed to write in it.
(d) The book was very expensive.
4. Why did Ena ask her to do this?
(a) She was a portrait artist and had done the portraits of some celebrities.
(b) She wanted a portrait done of herself.
(c) She wanted company at the museum.
(d) She wanted to spend more time with Ms. Hanff.
5. What did Ms. Hanff do with a notebook that she received?
(a) She wrote in it.
(b) She spilled wine on it.
(c) She threw it away.
(d) She forgot it.
6. Ms. Hanff went to the hotel bar where she had ____________, which she had to teach the bartender to make.
(a) A margarita.
(b) A vodka tonic.
(c) A daquiri.
(d) A gin martini.
7. Ms. Hanff received a check from Reader's Digest that made it possible for her to extend her stay for how much longer?
(a) Five more days.
(b) Ten more weeks.
(c) Five more weeks.
(d) Ten more days.
8. Ena asked if Ms. Hanff would do what?
(a) Paint her.
(b) Stay an extra week.
(c) Sit for a portrait.
(d) Go to the National Portrait Gallery with her.
9. Of what did this place make her think?
(b) Breakfast at Tiffany's.
(c) The streets of New York.
(d) Her home.
10. Mr. Buckley sent a thank you note for what?
(a) Some roses Ms. Hanff sent him.
(b) Dinner the previous night.
(c) The tour of London.
(d) The gift Ms. Hanff sent him.
11. He _____________ Ms. Hanff with stories all the way to Nora's house.
12. On Friday, July 16 Ms. Hanff was to go to a dinner where?
(a) At Nora's.
(b) At Mr. Buckley's.
(c) At Frank's.
(d) At Ena's.
13. Who is Laura Davidson?
(a) Ms. Hanff's niece.
(b) Ms. Hanff's secretary.
(c) The fan who had invited Ms. Hanff to Oxford.
(d) A friend of Ms. Hanff's.
14. Was Ms. Hanff impressed with the statue?
(c) Only at first.
15. Ms. Hanff went to St. Paul's Cathedral where she thought of who the entire time?
(a) Mr. Hanff.
(b) St. Paul.
(c) John Donne.
(d) Mr. Buckley.
Short Answer Questions
1. The couple told Ms. Hanff they had once gone to New York City but were too afraid of what to leave their hotel room?
2. Ms. Hanff met the Grenfells for dinner where?
3. This explanation also helped Ms. Hanff understand Englishmens' fascination with whom?
4. Ms. Hanff had to call ___________ which cost more but would go anywhere.
5. Mr. Buckley took Ms. Hanff to see Syon House and ___________.
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)