|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did they go to this house?
(a) To watch a movie.
(b) To relax.
(c) For salmon mousse.
(d) To grill out.
2. Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley offering what?
(a) To buy her a gift.
(b) To take her on a tour of London.
(c) To take her out on Wednesday.
(d) To paint her portrait.
3. Ms. Hanff went to see Buckingham Palace in hopes of what?
(a) Taking good photographs.
(b) Getting a tour.
(c) Learning about it's history.
(d) Spotting a royal.
4. Ms. Hanff had her hair done before having dinner with whom?
(a) Laura Davidson and her husband.
(b) Mr. Buckley and his wife.
(c) An English couple.
(d) Mark Connelly and his fiancee.
5. On the way, Ms. Hanff stopped at Grosvenor Square to see what?
(a) The birds.
(b) The Roosevelt Memorial.
(c) The street performers.
(d) The fountains.
6. He _____________ Ms. Hanff with stories all the way to Nora's house.
7. At the hotel, who talked to Ms. Hanff?
(a) Another writer.
(b) The owner.
(c) A tourist.
(d) An employee.
8. What is a mew?
(a) A church.
(b) A garden.
(c) A converted stone barn with no windows.
(d) A sound a cat makes.
9. Ms. Hanff and Ena went to the National Portrait Gallery where Ms. Hanff was fascinated with the portraits of ____________ century figures.
(a) Fourteenth and fifteenth.
(b) Twelfth and thirteenth.
(c) Eighteenth and nineteenth.
(d) Sixteenth and seventeenth.
10. Outside the Abbey, they passed what?
(a) A fountain.
(b) The War Office.
(c) A museum.
(d) A monument.
11. Afterward Ms. Hanff went to see what?
(a) The National Portrait Gallery.
(b) The Temple.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) The Tower of London.
12. Mr. Buckley took Ms. Hanff to see Syon House and ___________.
(a) Ozone Park.
(b) Rockaway Beach.
(c) Osterly Park.
(d) Regent's Park.
13. On Saturday, July 3, Ms. Hanff got a note from Mark Connelly. Who is Mark Connelly?
(a) A family friend.
(b) A former employer.
(c) An actor.
(d) A playwright her mother admired.
14. The party consisted of _____________ who brought Ms. Hanff small gifts.
(b) Rare book dealers.
15. With what was this article to be printed?
(a) An article she wrote on American tea.
(b) An article she wrote on American culture.
(c) An article she wrote on American museums.
(d) An article she wrote on American fan mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Was Ellen Terry also buried at Westminster Abbey?
2. On Friday, July 23, Sheila took Ms. Hanff to see what?
3. Ms. Hanff's driver was ___________________ who drove cabs to make extra money.
4. Ms. Hanff attempted to take a taxi, but discovered what?
5. That night Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)