|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She also made arrangements to meet a friend of whom?
(b) Her neighbor in New York.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Mr. Buckley.
2. Ms. Hanff went to St. Paul's Cathedral where she thought of who the entire time?
(a) St. Paul.
(b) John Donne.
(c) Mr. Hanff.
(d) Mr. Buckley.
3. He _____________ Ms. Hanff with stories all the way to Nora's house.
4. When she was done, why did she take the bus?
(a) She was tired.
(b) She wanted to see what the city looked like from a bus.
(c) She did not feel well.
(d) It was raining.
5. Who is Laura Davidson?
(a) Ms. Hanff's secretary.
(b) The fan who had invited Ms. Hanff to Oxford.
(c) Ms. Hanff's niece.
(d) A friend of Ms. Hanff's.
6. On Sunday, July 18, Ms. Hanff spent the morning doing what?
(a) Reading in bed.
(b) Drinking coffee in the hotel lobby.
(c) Reading the paper.
(d) Sitting in Russell Square for Ena.
7. What did this person recommend to Ms. Hanff?
(a) Places to eat.
(b) Places to buy books.
(c) Places she could visit.
(d) Places to sit and relax.
8. The party consisted of _____________ who brought Ms. Hanff small gifts.
(a) Rare book dealers.
9. A guard in a wool uniform sat on what?
(a) A horse.
(b) A bench.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A Hummer.
10. Because of this lunch date, she decided to visit a few ___________ sights even though she had never been truly interested in him.
11. The Colonel threw a going away party for Ms. Hanff. It was delightful, but Ms. Hanff could barely remember what?
(a) Where she was.
(b) What they ate.
(c) The names of the guests or what they talked about.
(d) What she had done in London.
12. On the way to dinner, they stopped at Waterlow Park where they could see what?
(a) The dome of St. Paul's Cathedral.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) Mr. Hanff's hotel.
13. Why did this cause a bit of a stir?
(a) She was supposed to take it home.
(b) It was a gift for her.
(c) The book was very expensive.
(d) She was not supposed to write in it.
14. On Friday, July 2, Ms. Hanff and The Colonel continued their journey to ________ where they went to the home of Laura Davidson.
15. Ms. Hanff received a check from Reader's Digest that made it possible for her to extend her stay for how much longer?
(a) Five more days.
(b) Ten more weeks.
(c) Five more weeks.
(d) Ten more days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff was shocked to discover what?
2. Was Ms. Hanff impressed with the statue?
3. On the way back to his house, Mr. Buckley told Ms. Hanff about some work he did where?
4. What did Ms. Hanff do with a notebook that she received?
5. Ms. Hanff went to the hotel bar where she had ____________, which she had to teach the bartender to make.
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)