|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a mew?
(a) A garden.
(b) A sound a cat makes.
(c) A converted stone barn with no windows.
(d) A church.
2. On Sunday, July 18, Ms. Hanff spent the morning doing what?
(a) Reading the paper.
(b) Sitting in Russell Square for Ena.
(c) Reading in bed.
(d) Drinking coffee in the hotel lobby.
3. Nora gave Ms. Hanff some pictures of whom to take home?
(c) Her family.
4. Was Ellen Terry also buried at Westminster Abbey?
(a) Not until years after her death.
(c) At first.
5. Ms. Hanff's driver was ___________________ who drove cabs to make extra money.
(a) A teacher.
(b) A scientist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An intern at a local hospital.
6. Mr. Buckley once showed an architect some English pubs to help him do what?
(a) Design a pub style bar in Chicago.
(b) Design a pub style bar in New York.
(c) Design a pub style bar in Pittsburgh.
(d) Design a pub style bar in Cleveland.
7. Who grew up in the place they visited in Question 177?
(a) Queen Elizabeth I.
(b) James I.
(c) The Duke of Wellington.
(d) L. Ron Hubbard.
8. On the way back to his house, Mr. Buckley told Ms. Hanff about some work he did where?
(b) In Hollywood.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) New York.
9. Why did Ena ask her to do this?
(a) She was a portrait artist and had done the portraits of some celebrities.
(b) She wanted a portrait done of herself.
(c) She wanted company at the museum.
(d) She wanted to spend more time with Ms. Hanff.
10. A guard in a wool uniform sat on what?
(a) A bench.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A Hummer.
(d) A horse.
11. When she was done, why did she take the bus?
(a) She did not feel well.
(b) She was tired.
(c) It was raining.
(d) She wanted to see what the city looked like from a bus.
12. What did Ms. Hanff do with a notebook that she received?
(a) She wrote in it.
(b) She forgot it.
(c) She threw it away.
(d) She spilled wine on it.
13. The party consisted of _____________ who brought Ms. Hanff small gifts.
(b) Rare book dealers.
14. That afternoon, Ms. Hanff went for a walk in ____________ where she got lost.
(a) Hyde Park.
(b) Regent's Park.
(c) Central Park.
(d) Prospect Park.
15. Ms. Hanff went to dinner with Ena and Leo where who showed up unexpectedly and joined them for dinner?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Mr. Buckley.
(d) An acquaintance of hers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went to St. Paul's Cathedral where she thought of who the entire time?
2. Because of this lunch date, she decided to visit a few ___________ sights even though she had never been truly interested in him.
3. Whose house did they go to?
4. Mr. Buckley took Ms. Hanff to see Syon House and ___________.
5. On Monday, July 19, Ms. Hanff met Mr. Buckley for __________ at Old Wine Shades in Martin Lane, Cannon Street.
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)