|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where did Ms. Hanff and Ena return?
(a) The Imperial War Museum.
(b) The National Portrait Gallery.
(c) The Natural History Museum.
(d) The Churchill Museum.
2. Ms. Hanff had lunch at the Savoy with a reporter who was surprised at what?
(a) All that Ms. Hanff had seen.
(b) How happy Ms. Hanff had been in London.
(c) How many friends Ms. Hanff had made.
(d) How long Ms. Hanff had been in London.
3. Why did Ena ask her to do this?
(a) She wanted to spend more time with Ms. Hanff.
(b) She wanted a portrait done of herself.
(c) She was a portrait artist and had done the portraits of some celebrities.
(d) She wanted company at the museum.
4. Ms. Hanff was asked to write three pages on what to be printed for the Reader's Digest?
(a) The English culture.
(b) The English fan mail she received.
(c) The English tea.
(d) The museums of England.
5. Who is Laura Davidson?
(a) A friend of Ms. Hanff's.
(b) Ms. Hanff's secretary.
(c) The fan who had invited Ms. Hanff to Oxford.
(d) Ms. Hanff's niece.
6. Ms. Hanff went to the hotel bar where she had ____________, which she had to teach the bartender to make.
(a) A vodka tonic.
(b) A daquiri.
(c) A margarita.
(d) A gin martini.
7. With what was this article to be printed?
(a) An article she wrote on American museums.
(b) An article she wrote on American culture.
(c) An article she wrote on American fan mail.
(d) An article she wrote on American tea.
8. Outside the Abbey, they passed what?
(a) A fountain.
(b) The War Office.
(c) A monument.
(d) A museum.
9. When she was done, why did she take the bus?
(a) It was raining.
(b) She wanted to see what the city looked like from a bus.
(c) She was tired.
(d) She did not feel well.
10. Where did she buy a dress?
(a) At Macys.
(b) At a small boutique.
(c) At Dillards.
(d) At Harvey Nichols.
11. Over dinner, Ms. Hanff attempted to explain the America fascination with ___________, explaining that it has something to do with how he wrote about the inglorious nobodies.
(a) J. K. Rowling.
(b) C. S. Lewis.
12. Nora gave Ms. Hanff some pictures of whom to take home?
(d) Her family.
13. Ms. Hanff had to call ___________ which cost more but would go anywhere.
(a) A limousine.
(b) A car service.
(c) A bus.
(d) A minicab.
14. Did Ms. Hanff agree to do this?
(c) Only at first.
(d) Not at first.
15. From there they went to the Bank of England and then to __________ for lunch.
(a) St Pancras Grand.
(b) George & Vulture.
(c) The Enterprise.
(d) Blue Door Bistro.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Friday, July 16 Ms. Hanff was to go to a dinner where?
2. Why did they go to this house?
3. On Thursday, July 22, Ms. Hanff sat for Ena once again. Leo showed up early and did what?
4. The Colonel took Ms. Hanff to see what churchyard?
5. On Saturday, July 10, Ms. Hanff went where?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)