|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over dinner, Ms. Hanff attempted to explain the America fascination with ___________, explaining that it has something to do with how he wrote about the inglorious nobodies.
(c) J. K. Rowling.
(d) C. S. Lewis.
2. Afterward Ms. Hanff went to see what?
(a) The Tower of London.
(b) The National Portrait Gallery.
(c) The Temple.
(d) Big Ben.
3. Ms. Hanff and Ena went to the National Portrait Gallery where Ms. Hanff was fascinated with the portraits of ____________ century figures.
(a) Twelfth and thirteenth.
(b) Sixteenth and seventeenth.
(c) Eighteenth and nineteenth.
(d) Fourteenth and fifteenth.
4. On Thursday, July 22, Ms. Hanff sat for Ena once again. Leo showed up early and did what?
(a) Brought them a snack.
(b) Surpised them.
(c) Ruined the mood.
(d) Ignored them.
5. Where else did these two walk?
(a) In Hampstead.
(b) In Edmonton.
(c) In Kensington.
(d) In Greenwich.
6. Ms. Hanff had lunch at the Savoy with a reporter who was surprised at what?
(a) How happy Ms. Hanff had been in London.
(b) How long Ms. Hanff had been in London.
(c) How many friends Ms. Hanff had made.
(d) All that Ms. Hanff had seen.
7. Why did this cause a bit of a stir?
(a) She was not supposed to write in it.
(b) She was supposed to take it home.
(c) It was a gift for her.
(d) The book was very expensive.
8. Ms. Hanff went to the hotel bar where she had ____________, which she had to teach the bartender to make.
(a) A gin martini.
(b) A vodka tonic.
(c) A margarita.
(d) A daquiri.
9. That afternoon, Ms. Hanff went for a walk in ____________ where she got lost.
(a) Central Park.
(b) Hyde Park.
(c) Regent's Park.
(d) Prospect Park.
10. The couple told Ms. Hanff they had once gone to New York City but were too afraid of what to leave their hotel room?
(a) Getting lost.
(b) Being murdered.
(c) Being mugged.
(d) Getting rained on.
11. On Monday, July 19, Ms. Hanff met Mr. Buckley for __________ at Old Wine Shades in Martin Lane, Cannon Street.
12. Ms. Hanff had to call ___________ which cost more but would go anywhere.
(a) A bus.
(b) A limousine.
(c) A car service.
(d) A minicab.
13. Ms. Hanff returned to Marks & Co. with a photographer from __________________ to take more pictures.
(b) Elle Magazine.
(d) Reader's Digest.
14. On Sunday, July 11, Ms. Hanff went to see what with Nora and Sheila?
(a) The Tower of London.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) A play.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
15. Ms. Hanff attempted to take a taxi, but discovered what?
(a) They would not drive to that area.
(b) They were no longer running.
(c) They were too expensive.
(d) They could not come pick her up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Buckley took Ms. Hanff to see Syon House and ___________.
2. Ms. Hanff met the Grenfells for dinner where?
3. Ms. Hanff was asked to write three pages on what to be printed for the Reader's Digest?
4. Was Ellen Terry also buried at Westminster Abbey?
5. Ms. Hanff went to St. Paul's Cathedral where she thought of who the entire time?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)