|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did they go to this house?
(a) To grill out.
(b) To relax.
(c) For salmon mousse.
(d) To watch a movie.
2. Outside the Abbey, they passed what?
(a) A fountain.
(b) The War Office.
(c) A monument.
(d) A museum.
3. The couple told Ms. Hanff they had once gone to New York City but were too afraid of what to leave their hotel room?
(a) Being mugged.
(b) Getting lost.
(c) Being murdered.
(d) Getting rained on.
4. That night, Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
(a) Jean and Ted Ely.
(b) Mr. Buckley.
(c) Leo and Ena.
(d) Nora and Sheila.
5. About what did they talk?
(a) The hotel.
(c) The neighborhood.
(d) Some of the sites of the city.
6. Ms. Hanff had her hair done before having dinner with whom?
(a) Mr. Buckley and his wife.
(b) An English couple.
(c) Laura Davidson and her husband.
(d) Mark Connelly and his fiancee.
7. On Saturday, July 3, Ms. Hanff got a note from Mark Connelly. Who is Mark Connelly?
(a) A family friend.
(b) A playwright her mother admired.
(c) A former employer.
(d) An actor.
8. Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley offering what?
(a) To buy her a gift.
(b) To paint her portrait.
(c) To take her out on Wednesday.
(d) To take her on a tour of London.
9. Ms. Hanff's driver was ___________________ who drove cabs to make extra money.
(a) A scientist.
(b) An intern at a local hospital.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
10. With what was this article to be printed?
(a) An article she wrote on American culture.
(b) An article she wrote on American museums.
(c) An article she wrote on American fan mail.
(d) An article she wrote on American tea.
11. Afterward where did they visit?
12. Where did she eventually find herself?
(a) Walking through a prosperous neighborhood.
(b) Lost in a poor neighborhood.
(c) Walking into someone's backyard.
(d) In a coffee shop.
13. What did this person recommend to Ms. Hanff?
(a) Places to sit and relax.
(b) Places to buy books.
(c) Places to eat.
(d) Places she could visit.
14. Ms. Hanff returned to Marks & Co. with a photographer from __________________ to take more pictures.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(d) Elle Magazine.
15. Ms. Hanff was asked to write three pages on what to be printed for the Reader's Digest?
(a) The English tea.
(b) The English fan mail she received.
(c) The museums of England.
(d) The English culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Sunday, July 4, Ms. Hanff had lunch with whom?
2. This explanation also helped Ms. Hanff understand Englishmens' fascination with whom?
3. Of what did this place make her think?
4. They had lunch and then went to see _____________ and Wadham before Ms. Hanff had a temper tantrum.
5. To where did Ms. Hanff and Ena return?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)