|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff returned to Marks & Co. with a photographer from __________________ to take more pictures.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(d) Elle Magazine.
2. Why was Ms. Hanff unable to see Joyce Grenfell present a dialogue at a church?
(a) She could not find the church.
(b) She got lost.
(c) Her dinner plans lasted longer than planned.
(d) She became ill.
3. On Friday, July 9, Ms. Hanff did what?
(a) Slept in.
(b) Left for New York.
(c) An interview.
(d) Stayed in the hotel.
4. Ms. Hanff had her hair done before having dinner with whom?
(a) An English couple.
(b) Mark Connelly and his fiancee.
(c) Laura Davidson and her husband.
(d) Mr. Buckley and his wife.
5. About what did they talk?
(a) The neighborhood.
(b) Some of the sites of the city.
(d) The hotel.
6. On Monday, July 19, Ms. Hanff met Mr. Buckley for __________ at Old Wine Shades in Martin Lane, Cannon Street.
7. Afterward where did they visit?
8. Ms. Hanff met the Grenfells for dinner where?
(a) At a large restaurant.
(b) At a small restaurant.
(c) At a luxurious restaurant.
(d) At their home.
9. Ms. Hanff's driver was ___________________ who drove cabs to make extra money.
(a) A teacher.
(b) A scientist.
(c) An intern at a local hospital.
(d) A doctor.
10. Afterward the Colonel and Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
(b) His sister-in-law.
(d) Nora and Sheila.
11. Did Ms. Hanff agree to do this?
(b) Only at first.
(d) Not at first.
12. Ena asked if Ms. Hanff would do what?
(a) Go to the National Portrait Gallery with her.
(b) Paint her.
(c) Stay an extra week.
(d) Sit for a portrait.
13. The Colonel threw a going away party for Ms. Hanff. It was delightful, but Ms. Hanff could barely remember what?
(a) What they ate.
(b) The names of the guests or what they talked about.
(c) Where she was.
(d) What she had done in London.
14. That afternoon, Ms. Hanff went for a walk in ____________ where she got lost.
(a) Prospect Park.
(b) Hyde Park.
(c) Central Park.
(d) Regent's Park.
15. On the way back to his house, Mr. Buckley told Ms. Hanff about some work he did where?
(a) New York.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) In Hollywood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Buckley took Ms. Hanff to see Syon House and ___________.
2. Afterward, the Grenfells took Ms. Hanff on what?
3. On Sunday, July 4, Ms. Hanff had lunch with whom?
4. Outside the Abbey, they passed what?
5. To where did Ms. Hanff and Ena return?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)