|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Buckley once showed an architect some English pubs to help him do what?
(a) Design a pub style bar in Cleveland.
(b) Design a pub style bar in New York.
(c) Design a pub style bar in Chicago.
(d) Design a pub style bar in Pittsburgh.
2. They had lunch and then went to see _____________ and Wadham before Ms. Hanff had a temper tantrum.
(a) Balliol College.
(b) Ashmolean Museum.
(c) Bodleian Reading Room.
(d) Christ Church.
3. Ms. Hanff was asked to write three pages on what to be printed for the Reader's Digest?
(a) The museums of England.
(b) The English culture.
(c) The English tea.
(d) The English fan mail she received.
4. What happened when she tried to have lunch in the shop?
(a) It was overcrowded.
(b) It did not have what she wanted.
(c) It was closed.
(d) It was under construction.
5. On Friday, July 16 Ms. Hanff was to go to a dinner where?
(a) At Frank's.
(b) At Ena's.
(c) At Nora's.
(d) At Mr. Buckley's.
6. What did Ms. Hanff do with a notebook that she received?
(a) She wrote in it.
(b) She spilled wine on it.
(c) She threw it away.
(d) She forgot it.
7. Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley offering what?
(a) To buy her a gift.
(b) To paint her portrait.
(c) To take her out on Wednesday.
(d) To take her on a tour of London.
8. Ms. Hanff had her hair done before having dinner with whom?
(a) Mr. Buckley and his wife.
(b) Mark Connelly and his fiancee.
(c) An English couple.
(d) Laura Davidson and her husband.
9. Afterward Ms. Hanff went to see what?
(a) The National Portrait Gallery.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) The Temple.
(d) Big Ben.
10. What happened to the car that was to drive her?
(a) It got lost.
(b) It called and canceled.
(c) It broke down.
(d) It never showed up.
11. Where did she buy a dress?
(a) At Dillards.
(b) At Harvey Nichols.
(c) At a small boutique.
(d) At Macys.
12. On Saturday, July 10, Ms. Hanff went where?
13. On Monday, July 19, Ms. Hanff met Mr. Buckley for __________ at Old Wine Shades in Martin Lane, Cannon Street.
14. About what did they talk?
(b) The hotel.
(c) Some of the sites of the city.
(d) The neighborhood.
15. Over dinner, Ms. Hanff attempted to explain the America fascination with ___________, explaining that it has something to do with how he wrote about the inglorious nobodies.
(c) J. K. Rowling.
(d) C. S. Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did this guest feel about the level of importance Ms. Hanff had somehow gained in London?
2. Where else did these two walk?
3. Ms. Hanff had to call ___________ which cost more but would go anywhere.
4. On Sunday, July 11, Ms. Hanff went to see what with Nora and Sheila?
5. On Friday, July 9, Ms. Hanff did what?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)