|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who grew up in the place they visited in Question 177?
(a) L. Ron Hubbard.
(b) The Duke of Wellington.
(c) James I.
(d) Queen Elizabeth I.
2. Ms. Hanff was shocked to discover what?
(a) The Tower of London had been used to hold royalty.
(b) The the play's lead was a friend of Ms. Hanff's.
(c) Big Ben had been built in 1859.
(d) Henry Irving was buried there.
3. Mr. Buckley once showed an architect some English pubs to help him do what?
(a) Design a pub style bar in New York.
(b) Design a pub style bar in Pittsburgh.
(c) Design a pub style bar in Chicago.
(d) Design a pub style bar in Cleveland.
4. Mary Scott took Ms. Hanff on a walking tour of what?
5. On Sunday, July 4, Ms. Hanff had lunch with whom?
(a) Mark Connelly.
(b) Laura Davidson.
(c) Frank Doel.
(d) Pat Buckley.
6. Ms. Hanff went to St. Paul's Cathedral where she thought of who the entire time?
(a) Mr. Buckley.
(b) St. Paul.
(c) John Donne.
(d) Mr. Hanff.
7. Afterward, they went back to Laura's for _______ and then returned to London.
8. After lunch they went to Lombard Street where they saw what?
(a) It's eight sharp turns.
(b) The Crooked Street Task Force.
(c) The emblems hanging outside the banks.
(d) The Cow Hollow neighborhood.
9. What happened when she tried to have lunch in the shop?
(a) It was under construction.
(b) It did not have what she wanted.
(c) It was closed.
(d) It was overcrowded.
10. Ms. Hanff and Ena went to the National Portrait Gallery where Ms. Hanff was fascinated with the portraits of ____________ century figures.
(a) Sixteenth and seventeenth.
(b) Eighteenth and nineteenth.
(c) Fourteenth and fifteenth.
(d) Twelfth and thirteenth.
11. Did Ms. Hanff agree to do this?
(b) Only at first.
(c) Not at first.
12. To where did Ms. Hanff and Ena return?
(a) The Natural History Museum.
(b) The Imperial War Museum.
(c) The National Portrait Gallery.
(d) The Churchill Museum.
13. A guard in a wool uniform sat on what?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A horse.
(c) A Hummer.
(d) A bench.
14. Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley offering what?
(a) To buy her a gift.
(b) To take her out on Wednesday.
(c) To take her on a tour of London.
(d) To paint her portrait.
15. On Saturday, July 10, Ms. Hanff went where?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the hotel, who talked to Ms. Hanff?
2. Of what did this place make her think?
3. How did this guest feel about the level of importance Ms. Hanff had somehow gained in London?
4. Ms. Hanff had lunch at the Savoy with a reporter who was surprised at what?
5. Ms. Hanff's driver was ___________________ who drove cabs to make extra money.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)