|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Friday, July 23, Sheila took Ms. Hanff to see what?
(a) Hatfield House.
(b) Banqueting House.
(c) Fitzroy House.
(d) Apsley House.
2. Because of this lunch date, she decided to visit a few ___________ sights even though she had never been truly interested in him.
3. She also made arrangements to meet a friend of whom?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her neighbor in New York.
(d) Mr. Buckley.
4. On Saturday, July 3, Ms. Hanff got a note from Mark Connelly. Who is Mark Connelly?
(a) A playwright her mother admired.
(b) An actor.
(c) A family friend.
(d) A former employer.
5. Who is Laura Davidson?
(a) Ms. Hanff's niece.
(b) The fan who had invited Ms. Hanff to Oxford.
(c) A friend of Ms. Hanff's.
(d) Ms. Hanff's secretary.
6. On the way to dinner, they stopped at Waterlow Park where they could see what?
(a) Mr. Hanff's hotel.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) The dome of St. Paul's Cathedral.
7. Mary Scott took Ms. Hanff on a walking tour of what?
8. He _____________ Ms. Hanff with stories all the way to Nora's house.
9. Outside the Abbey, they passed what?
(a) The War Office.
(b) A museum.
(c) A monument.
(d) A fountain.
10. Ms. Hanff returned to Marks & Co. with a photographer from __________________ to take more pictures.
(a) Reader's Digest.
(c) Elle Magazine.
11. Mr. Buckley once showed an architect some English pubs to help him do what?
(a) Design a pub style bar in Chicago.
(b) Design a pub style bar in Cleveland.
(c) Design a pub style bar in New York.
(d) Design a pub style bar in Pittsburgh.
12. On Thursday, July 22, Ms. Hanff sat for Ena once again. Leo showed up early and did what?
(a) Ruined the mood.
(b) Ignored them.
(c) Brought them a snack.
(d) Surpised them.
13. Ms. Hanff had her hair done before having dinner with whom?
(a) Mark Connelly and his fiancee.
(b) Mr. Buckley and his wife.
(c) Laura Davidson and her husband.
(d) An English couple.
14. Why did she have a temper tantrum?
(a) She wanted more time to see the sights.
(b) She insisted upon returning to her hotel room.
(c) She insisted upon seeing Trinity College and Oriel.
(d) She wanted to go out to an expensive restaurant for lunch.
15. Ms. Hanff was shocked to discover what?
(a) Big Ben had been built in 1859.
(b) The the play's lead was a friend of Ms. Hanff's.
(c) The Tower of London had been used to hold royalty.
(d) Henry Irving was buried there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff and Ena went to the National Portrait Gallery where Ms. Hanff was fascinated with the portraits of ____________ century figures.
2. Was Ms. Hanff impressed with the statue?
3. Over dinner, Ms. Hanff attempted to explain the America fascination with ___________, explaining that it has something to do with how he wrote about the inglorious nobodies.
4. Ms. Hanff went to St. Paul's Cathedral where she thought of who the entire time?
5. Ms. Hanff was asked to write three pages on what to be printed for the Reader's Digest?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)