|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to have lunch with whom?
(a) John Fowles.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Muriel Spark.
(d) George Orwell.
2. That afternoon, Ms. Hanff went for a walk in ____________ where she got lost.
(a) Central Park.
(b) Hyde Park.
(c) Prospect Park.
(d) Regent's Park.
3. About what did they talk?
(a) The neighborhood.
(b) Some of the sites of the city.
(c) The hotel.
4. How did this guest feel about the level of importance Ms. Hanff had somehow gained in London?
5. On Friday, July 2, Ms. Hanff and The Colonel continued their journey to ________ where they went to the home of Laura Davidson.
6. On Monday, July 19, Ms. Hanff met Mr. Buckley for __________ at Old Wine Shades in Martin Lane, Cannon Street.
7. Ms. Hanff was asked to write three pages on what to be printed for the Reader's Digest?
(a) The museums of England.
(b) The English fan mail she received.
(c) The English culture.
(d) The English tea.
8. Over dinner, Ms. Hanff attempted to explain the America fascination with ___________, explaining that it has something to do with how he wrote about the inglorious nobodies.
(a) J. K. Rowling.
(d) C. S. Lewis.
9. Where else did these two walk?
(a) In Hampstead.
(b) In Edmonton.
(c) In Greenwich.
(d) In Kensington.
10. On the way back to his house, Mr. Buckley told Ms. Hanff about some work he did where?
(a) In Hollywood.
(b) New York.
(c) Las Vegas.
11. He _____________ Ms. Hanff with stories all the way to Nora's house.
12. Afterward the Colonel and Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
(a) His sister-in-law.
(c) Nora and Sheila.
13. Did she have any luck at Buckingham Palace?
(b) Not at first.
(c) Only at first.
14. Ms. Hanff attempted to take a taxi, but discovered what?
(a) They were no longer running.
(b) They were too expensive.
(c) They could not come pick her up.
(d) They would not drive to that area.
15. On the way to dinner, they stopped at Waterlow Park where they could see what?
(a) The Tower of London.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) Mr. Hanff's hotel.
(d) The dome of St. Paul's Cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff and Ena went to the National Portrait Gallery where Ms. Hanff was fascinated with the portraits of ____________ century figures.
2. A guard in a wool uniform sat on what?
3. What is a mew?
4. Was Ellen Terry also buried at Westminster Abbey?
5. On Friday, July 9, Ms. Hanff did what?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)