|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Thursday, July 22, Ms. Hanff sat for Ena once again. Leo showed up early and did what?
(a) Brought them a snack.
(b) Ignored them.
(c) Ruined the mood.
(d) Surpised them.
2. Where else did these two walk?
(a) In Kensington.
(b) In Greenwich.
(c) In Edmonton.
(d) In Hampstead.
3. On the way, Ms. Hanff stopped at Grosvenor Square to see what?
(a) The birds.
(b) The fountains.
(c) The Roosevelt Memorial.
(d) The street performers.
4. Afterward, they went back to Laura's for _______ and then returned to London.
5. Was Ms. Hanff impressed with the statue?
(d) Only at first.
6. The couple told Ms. Hanff they had once gone to New York City but were too afraid of what to leave their hotel room?
(a) Being murdered.
(b) Getting lost.
(c) Being mugged.
(d) Getting rained on.
7. On Sunday, July 4, Ms. Hanff had lunch with whom?
(a) Frank Doel.
(b) Mark Connelly.
(c) Laura Davidson.
(d) Pat Buckley.
8. Over dinner, Ms. Hanff attempted to explain the America fascination with ___________, explaining that it has something to do with how he wrote about the inglorious nobodies.
(c) J. K. Rowling.
(d) C. S. Lewis.
9. Where did she eventually find herself?
(a) Walking through a prosperous neighborhood.
(b) In a coffee shop.
(c) Lost in a poor neighborhood.
(d) Walking into someone's backyard.
10. What happened when she tried to have lunch in the shop?
(a) It was overcrowded.
(b) It was closed.
(c) It was under construction.
(d) It did not have what she wanted.
11. The Colonel threw a going away party for Ms. Hanff. It was delightful, but Ms. Hanff could barely remember what?
(a) What she had done in London.
(b) The names of the guests or what they talked about.
(c) What they ate.
(d) Where she was.
12. On Sunday, July 18, Ms. Hanff spent the morning doing what?
(a) Sitting in Russell Square for Ena.
(b) Drinking coffee in the hotel lobby.
(c) Reading the paper.
(d) Reading in bed.
13. What is a mew?
(a) A converted stone barn with no windows.
(b) A garden.
(c) A church.
(d) A sound a cat makes.
14. At the hotel, who talked to Ms. Hanff?
(a) The owner.
(b) An employee.
(c) Another writer.
(d) A tourist.
15. Ms. Hanff and Ena went to the National Portrait Gallery where Ms. Hanff was fascinated with the portraits of ____________ century figures.
(a) Sixteenth and seventeenth.
(b) Fourteenth and fifteenth.
(c) Twelfth and thirteenth.
(d) Eighteenth and nineteenth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did she buy a dress?
2. Who grew up in the place they visited in Question 177?
3. Why did this cause a bit of a stir?
4. From there they went to the Bank of England and then to __________ for lunch.
5. Ms. Hanff was asked to write three pages on what to be printed for the Reader's Digest?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)