|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That night, Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
(a) Jean and Ted Ely.
(b) Leo and Ena.
(c) Nora and Sheila.
(d) Mr. Buckley.
2. Ms. Hanff attempted to take a taxi, but discovered what?
(a) They could not come pick her up.
(b) They were too expensive.
(c) They were no longer running.
(d) They would not drive to that area.
3. On Saturday, July 10, Ms. Hanff went where?
4. On the way to dinner, they stopped at Waterlow Park where they could see what?
(a) The dome of St. Paul's Cathedral.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) Mr. Hanff's hotel.
(d) Big Ben.
5. From there they went to the Bank of England and then to __________ for lunch.
(a) The Enterprise.
(b) George & Vulture.
(c) Blue Door Bistro.
(d) St Pancras Grand.
6. Ms. Hanff's driver was ___________________ who drove cabs to make extra money.
(a) A scientist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A teacher.
(d) An intern at a local hospital.
7. She also made arrangements to meet a friend of whom?
(a) Her neighbor in New York.
(c) Mr. Buckley.
(d) Her mother.
8. Did Ms. Hanff agree to do this?
(a) Only at first.
(d) Not at first.
9. On Friday, July 2, Ms. Hanff and The Colonel continued their journey to ________ where they went to the home of Laura Davidson.
10. About what did they talk?
(a) The neighborhood.
(c) The hotel.
(d) Some of the sites of the city.
11. Why did they go to this house?
(a) To relax.
(b) To grill out.
(c) For salmon mousse.
(d) To watch a movie.
12. Ms. Hanff went to dinner with Ena and Leo where who showed up unexpectedly and joined them for dinner?
(a) An acquaintance of hers.
(b) Mr. Buckley.
(c) Charles Dickens.
13. Ms. Hanff was shocked to discover what?
(a) The the play's lead was a friend of Ms. Hanff's.
(b) Big Ben had been built in 1859.
(c) Henry Irving was buried there.
(d) The Tower of London had been used to hold royalty.
14. Why did she end up only buying a shoulder bag?
(a) The jackets were all too large.
(b) She did not like any of the clothes.
(c) The dresses were all too expensive.
(d) They did not have any irons or ironing boards.
15. Mr. Buckley sent a thank you note for what?
(a) The tour of London.
(b) The gift Ms. Hanff sent him.
(c) Some roses Ms. Hanff sent him.
(d) Dinner the previous night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did this guest feel about the level of importance Ms. Hanff had somehow gained in London?
2. On Sunday, July 18, Ms. Hanff spent the morning doing what?
3. Outside the Abbey, they passed what?
4. The party consisted of _____________ who brought Ms. Hanff small gifts.
5. Ms. Hanff received a check from Reader's Digest that made it possible for her to extend her stay for how much longer?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)