|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did she buy a dress?
(a) At Harvey Nichols.
(b) At Macys.
(c) At Dillards.
(d) At a small boutique.
2. Afterward Ms. Hanff went to see what?
(a) The National Portrait Gallery.
(b) The Temple.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) The Tower of London.
3. That afternoon, Ms. Hanff went for a walk in ____________ where she got lost.
(a) Regent's Park.
(b) Hyde Park.
(c) Prospect Park.
(d) Central Park.
4. This explanation also helped Ms. Hanff understand Englishmens' fascination with whom?
(b) J. K. Rowling.
(c) C. S. Lewis.
5. On Saturday, July 3, Ms. Hanff got a note from Mark Connelly. Who is Mark Connelly?
(a) A family friend.
(b) A playwright her mother admired.
(c) An actor.
(d) A former employer.
6. That night, Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
(a) Leo and Ena.
(b) Mr. Buckley.
(c) Nora and Sheila.
(d) Jean and Ted Ely.
7. Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to have lunch with whom?
(a) George Orwell.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) John Fowles.
(d) Muriel Spark.
8. Ms. Hanff attempted to take a taxi, but discovered what?
(a) They were no longer running.
(b) They would not drive to that area.
(c) They could not come pick her up.
(d) They were too expensive.
9. On Sunday, July 4, Ms. Hanff had lunch with whom?
(a) Frank Doel.
(b) Mark Connelly.
(c) Pat Buckley.
(d) Laura Davidson.
10. From there they went to the Bank of England and then to __________ for lunch.
(a) Blue Door Bistro.
(b) George & Vulture.
(c) The Enterprise.
(d) St Pancras Grand.
11. Mr. Buckley sent a thank you note for what?
(a) Some roses Ms. Hanff sent him.
(b) Dinner the previous night.
(c) The gift Ms. Hanff sent him.
(d) The tour of London.
12. Ms. Hanff had to call ___________ which cost more but would go anywhere.
(a) A bus.
(b) A minicab.
(c) A limousine.
(d) A car service.
13. Did Ms. Hanff agree to do this?
(a) Not at first.
(c) Only at first.
14. About what did they talk?
(b) The hotel.
(c) Some of the sites of the city.
(d) The neighborhood.
15. What is a mew?
(a) A garden.
(b) A church.
(c) A converted stone barn with no windows.
(d) A sound a cat makes.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Monday, July 19, Ms. Hanff met Mr. Buckley for __________ at Old Wine Shades in Martin Lane, Cannon Street.
2. Mary Scott took Ms. Hanff on a walking tour of what?
3. At the hotel, who talked to Ms. Hanff?
4. On Sunday, July 11, Ms. Hanff went to see what with Nora and Sheila?
5. Ms. Hanff met the Grenfells for dinner where?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)