|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the car that was to drive her?
(a) It called and canceled.
(b) It broke down.
(c) It never showed up.
(d) It got lost.
2. Afterward, the Grenfells took Ms. Hanff on what?
(a) A boat ride.
(b) A carriage ride.
(c) A driving tour of London.
(d) A walk.
3. Who grew up in the place they visited in Question 177?
(a) The Duke of Wellington.
(b) Queen Elizabeth I.
(c) James I.
(d) L. Ron Hubbard.
4. Ms. Hanff was asked to write three pages on what to be printed for the Reader's Digest?
(a) The English culture.
(b) The museums of England.
(c) The English fan mail she received.
(d) The English tea.
5. On Sunday, July 11, Ms. Hanff went to see what with Nora and Sheila?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) A play.
(d) Big Ben.
6. On Friday, July 2, Ms. Hanff and The Colonel continued their journey to ________ where they went to the home of Laura Davidson.
7. Of what did this place make her think?
(a) Breakfast at Tiffany's.
(b) The streets of New York.
(c) Her home.
8. On Friday, July 16 Ms. Hanff was to go to a dinner where?
(a) At Ena's.
(b) At Mr. Buckley's.
(c) At Frank's.
(d) At Nora's.
9. Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley offering what?
(a) To paint her portrait.
(b) To take her on a tour of London.
(c) To take her out on Wednesday.
(d) To buy her a gift.
10. A guard in a wool uniform sat on what?
(a) A horse.
(b) A Hummer.
(c) A bench.
(d) A motorcycle.
11. The couple told Ms. Hanff they had once gone to New York City but were too afraid of what to leave their hotel room?
(a) Getting lost.
(b) Being murdered.
(c) Being mugged.
(d) Getting rained on.
12. Ms. Hanff attempted to take a taxi, but discovered what?
(a) They could not come pick her up.
(b) They were no longer running.
(c) They were too expensive.
(d) They would not drive to that area.
13. On Sunday, July 18, Ms. Hanff spent the morning doing what?
(a) Drinking coffee in the hotel lobby.
(b) Sitting in Russell Square for Ena.
(c) Reading the paper.
(d) Reading in bed.
14. Ms. Hanff returned to Marks & Co. with a photographer from __________________ to take more pictures.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) Elle Magazine.
15. Ms. Hanff went to St. Paul's Cathedral where she thought of who the entire time?
(a) Mr. Buckley.
(b) Mr. Hanff.
(c) St. Paul.
(d) John Donne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Ms. Hanff agree to do this?
2. After lunch they went to Lombard Street where they saw what?
3. On Friday, July 23, Sheila took Ms. Hanff to see what?
4. The Colonel threw a going away party for Ms. Hanff. It was delightful, but Ms. Hanff could barely remember what?
5. Why did they go to this house?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)