|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff finds all of these people she meets to be what?
(a) Annoying and rude.
(b) Friendly but nosy.
(d) Kind and generous.
2. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
(a) New York.
3. Ms. Hanff spent most of the day in the dining room watching _________ and reading the newspaper.
(b) The employees.
(c) The other tourists.
(d) The locals.
4. Ms. Hanff visited a handful of booksellers before going to what?
(a) A tour of the Tower of London.
(b) A book signing for her book.
(c) The park.
(d) A play.
5. Afterward, they arrived where?
6. About what were they asked?
(a) What it was like meeting after so many years.
(b) What they plan to do together.
(c) Why they decided to finally meet.
(d) How they met.
7. That night Ena arrived with what for Ms. Hanff's cold?
(a) A letter.
(b) A souvenir.
(c) Some home remedies.
(d) A book.
8. That night, Ms. Hanff met Joyce Grenfell, her husband, Reggie, and a couple from Australia where for dinner?
(a) At Clos Maggiore.
(b) At Terra.
(c) At Piccadilly Restaurant.
(d) At the Waldorf.
9. Ms. Hanff admires the calm and quiet of London, but misses what?
(a) The beaches of Los Angeles.
(b) The comforts of Chicago.
(c) The chaos that reigns in New York.
(d) The weather of Miami.
10. On Saturday, June 19, Ms. Hanff called Pat Buckley for what reason?
(a) To give him a complementary copy of her book.
(b) In response to a note he sent her about a tour of London.
(c) To see if he would like to meet for dinner.
(d) To ask for directions to St. Paul's Cathedral.
11. They visited Marlborough House but discovered what?
(a) It was very expensive.
(b) It was very crowded.
(c) It was closed.
(d) It was under repair.
12. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
(a) Q's Legacy.
(b) 84, Charing Cross Road.
(c) Charing Cross Road.
13. Ms. Hanff thinks how a park reflects the people of the city it is in, and how much she would miss ________________ if she ever left New York.
(a) Washington Square Park.
(b) Madison Square Park.
(c) Prospect Park.
(d) Central Park.
14. This place is a ____________________.
(a) Tourist trap.
(c) Favorite of locals.
(d) Waste of time.
15. On Wednesday, June 30, Ms. Hanff received what while attempting to eat her breakfast?
(a) A fax.
(b) Several phone calls.
(c) A text.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Ms. Hanff taken after she left the airport?
2. That night Ms. Hanff went to a dinner party and returned to the hotel feeling like what?
3. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
4. Who are Nora and Sheila Doel?
5. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)