|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went to lunch with Nora where she was told a story of how Nora and Frank once knew a rare book dealer who turned out to be what?
(a) A Russian spy.
(b) A cop.
(c) A king.
(d) A drug dealer.
2. Ms. Hanff was also planning to use what to pay for her stay?
(a) The money she earned from a previous book.
(b) Her most recent paycheck.
(c) Her advance on the book.
(d) Gifts from her family.
3. Ms. Hanff spent the day alone touring what?
(a) Regent's Park.
(b) Battersea Park.
(c) Hyde Park.
(d) Saint James Park.
4. At a going away party, several friends had given her a gift certificate to __________.
5. Afterward, they saw what play?
(a) The Tempest.
(b) A Midsummer's Night Dream.
(c) King Lear.
6. Ms. Hanff had a delightful time and greatly enjoyed who?
(c) The server.
7. What had her brother given her?
(a) A list of places to visit.
(b) One hundred dollars to spend.
(c) A new purse.
(d) A gift card.
8. Before reaching their destination, Ms. Hanff told the Colonel about what of which a friend had once sent her a postcard?
(a) A little inn near there.
(b) A monument near there.
(c) A museum near there.
(d) A little village near there.
9. How did this fan help Ms. Hanff?
(a) He contacted her hotel to send a shuttle bus to pick her up.
(b) He carried her bags to her rental car.
(c) He called a cab for her.
(d) He helped her through Customs and to find Nora and Sheila.
10. Afterward, she went across the street to get some cold medicine and supplies only to discover what?
(a) They did not sell cold medicine.
(b) The store was closed.
(c) They were out of all the cold medication.
(d) A bulletin board covered in questionable advertisements.
11. On the way, the Colonel entertained Ms. Hanff with what stories?
(a) Of his childhood.
(b) Of the British.
(c) Mistakes made at the airport.
(d) How he tries to cheer travelers up in the airport.
12. Describe Ms. Hanff's hotel room.
13. On Friday, June 18, Ms. Hanff attempted to take a shower and discovered what?
(a) The shower was not working.
(b) There was only a bathtub.
(c) There was no hot water.
(d) The shower was designed poorly.
14. They visited Marlborough House but discovered what?
(a) It was very crowded.
(b) It was very expensive.
(c) It was closed.
(d) It was under repair.
15. About what did Ms. Hanff learn while at dinner with Nora and her daughter?
(a) More about the wife and daughter of her pen pal.
(b) Life in England.
(c) English history.
(d) Places to visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff was horrified when her friends insisted on having lunch at Claridge's without doing what?
2. That night Ena arrived with what for Ms. Hanff's cold?
3. Ms. Hanff was ______________ the other customers.
4. She was hoping to stay in London for how long?
5. Ms. Grenfell drove Ms. Hanff home afterward, having difficulty finding a way to get to the hotel's front door. Why?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)