Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That night Ms. Hanff went to a dinner party and returned to the hotel feeling like what?
(a) A visitor.
(b) A queen.
(c) A duchess.
(d) A native Londoner.
2. Afterward, she went across the street to get some cold medicine and supplies only to discover what?
(a) A bulletin board covered in questionable advertisements.
(b) They did not sell cold medicine.
(c) They were out of all the cold medication.
(d) The store was closed.
3. That night, Ms. Hanff went to see a play with whom?
(a) Joyce Grenfell.
(b) Mr. Buckley.
(c) Nora and Sheila.
(d) The Colonel.
4. Who was supposed to meet Ms. Hanff at the airport?
(a) Ms. Hanff's cousin and the Doels.
(b) Mr. Buckley and a fan of her book.
(c) Nora and Sheila Doel and a fan of her book.
(d) Frank Doel and his family.
5. Ms. Hanff had always wanted to do what?
(a) Visit her family.
(b) Visit her penpal.
(c) Go to England.
(d) Fly on a plane.
6. Before reaching their destination, Ms. Hanff told the Colonel about what of which a friend had once sent her a postcard?
(a) A museum near there.
(b) A little inn near there.
(c) A monument near there.
(d) A little village near there.
7. Nora drove Ms. Hanff where for dinner?
(a) To an expensive restaurant.
(b) To Mr. Buckley's home.
(c) To her house.
(d) To her daughter's house.
8. Who was Ms. Hanff's fan at the airport?
(a) Frank Doel.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) Sheila Doel.
(d) Pat Buckley.
9. Afterward, they saw what play?
(a) The Tempest.
(c) A Midsummer's Night Dream.
(d) King Lear.
10. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
(b) 84, Charing Cross Road.
(c) Q's Legacy.
(d) Charing Cross Road.
11. Ms. Hanff discovers how different London is from what city?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
12. Ms. Hanff had wanted to see London ever since when?
(a) She became Frank's pen pal.
(b) She was a small girl.
(c) She had read Shakespeare.
(d) She learned about London in school.
13. How did Ms. Hanff feel about her trip?
14. They visited Marlborough House but discovered what?
(a) It was very crowded.
(b) It was very expensive.
(c) It was under repair.
(d) It was closed.
15. Ms. Hanff thinks how a park reflects the people of the city it is in, and how much she would miss ________________ if she ever left New York.
(a) Central Park.
(b) Prospect Park.
(c) Washington Square Park.
(d) Madison Square Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Nora and Sheila Doel?
2. Later Ms. Hanff went to Pat Buckley's home where they _______________.
3. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
4. On Tuesday, June 29, Ms. Hanff decided to take it easy. Why?
5. That night, Ms. Hanff went to dinner with whom?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)