|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had her brother given her?
(a) One hundred dollars to spend.
(b) A list of places to visit.
(c) A new purse.
(d) A gift card.
2. Describe Ms. Hanff's hotel room.
3. What did Ms. Hanff do to reassure herself they would be there?
(a) She called them.
(b) She busied herself with other things.
(c) She took a nap.
(d) She read their letters again.
4. Where was Ms. Hanff taken after she left the airport?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To her hotel.
(c) To London Bridge.
(d) To her book signing.
5. How did this fan help Ms. Hanff?
(a) He called a cab for her.
(b) He contacted her hotel to send a shuttle bus to pick her up.
(c) He helped her through Customs and to find Nora and Sheila.
(d) He carried her bags to her rental car.
6. On Saturday, June 25, Ms. Hanff drove where with Mr. Buckley?
(a) To Oxford.
(b) To Windsor.
(c) To Cambridge.
(d) To St Albans.
7. Before reaching their destination, Ms. Hanff told the Colonel about what of which a friend had once sent her a postcard?
(a) A little inn near there.
(b) A monument near there.
(c) A little village near there.
(d) A museum near there.
8. That night, The Colonel called and when he learned of her trip to Oxford, he suggested what?
(a) He drive her and they stay overnight in Summertown.
(b) He drive her and they stay overnight in Stratford-on-Avon.
(c) He drive her and they stay overnight in Marston.
(d) He drive her and they stay overnight in Woodstock.
9. On Friday, June 18, Ms. Hanff attempted to take a shower and discovered what?
(a) The shower was designed poorly.
(b) There was only a bathtub.
(c) The shower was not working.
(d) There was no hot water.
10. Who was Ms. Hanff's fan at the airport?
(a) Pat Buckley.
(b) Sheila Doel.
(c) Frank Doel.
(d) The Colonel.
11. Ms. Hanff finds all of these people she meets to be what?
(b) Friendly but nosy.
(c) Annoying and rude.
(d) Kind and generous.
12. This place is a ____________________.
(a) Waste of time.
(b) Favorite of locals.
(c) Tourist trap.
13. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
(a) The dress could not be pressed.
(b) The dress no longer fit.
(c) The dress was not where she thought it was.
(d) The hotel was not set up for that sort of services.
14. Ms. Hanff was also planning to use what to pay for her stay?
(a) Gifts from her family.
(b) The money she earned from a previous book.
(c) Her advance on the book.
(d) Her most recent paycheck.
15. They visited Marlborough House but discovered what?
(a) It was under repair.
(b) It was closed.
(c) It was very crowded.
(d) It was very expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. That night, Ms. Hanff met Joyce Grenfell, her husband, Reggie, and a couple from Australia where for dinner?
2. Ms. Hunff commented on the ceremony of the guards doing what?
3. Eddie and Isabel were conservative people at home. How did they act in London?
4. What did this stop cause?
5. About what were they asked?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)