|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ms. Hanff feel about her trip?
2. At a going away party, several friends had given her a gift certificate to __________.
3. What was realized when she arrived here?
(a) The play was sold out.
(b) The store was closed by then.
(c) Her room was being cleaned.
(d) The store was busy.
4. What had her brother given her?
(a) A gift card.
(b) A new purse.
(c) One hundred dollars to spend.
(d) A list of places to visit.
5. Ms. Hanff discovers how different London is from what city?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
6. On the way, the Colonel entertained Ms. Hanff with what stories?
(a) Mistakes made at the airport.
(b) Of the British.
(c) Of his childhood.
(d) How he tries to cheer travelers up in the airport.
7. The Colonel took her where?
(a) The little village.
(b) The museum.
(c) The monument.
(d) The little inn.
8. On Wednesday, June 30, Ms. Hanff received what while attempting to eat her breakfast?
(a) A fax.
(b) A letter.
(c) Several phone calls.
(d) A text.
9. That night, Ms. Hanff met Joyce Grenfell, her husband, Reggie, and a couple from Australia where for dinner?
(a) At Terra.
(b) At the Waldorf.
(c) At Piccadilly Restaurant.
(d) At Clos Maggiore.
10. Ms. Hanff was horrified when her friends insisted on having lunch at Claridge's without doing what?
(a) Returning to the hotel to change.
(b) Making reservations.
(c) Inviting their other friends.
(d) Inviting her.
11. How did this fan help Ms. Hanff?
(a) He carried her bags to her rental car.
(b) He contacted her hotel to send a shuttle bus to pick her up.
(c) He called a cab for her.
(d) He helped her through Customs and to find Nora and Sheila.
12. About what were they asked?
(a) What it was like meeting after so many years.
(b) Why they decided to finally meet.
(c) What they plan to do together.
(d) How they met.
13. What did they do at this location?
(a) They ate icecream.
(b) They stopped for drinks.
(c) They got dessert.
(d) They had lunch.
14. On Tuesday, June 29, Ms. Hanff decided to take it easy. Why?
(a) It was raining.
(b) She was tired.
(c) Everyone else had plans.
(d) To nurse a cold she caught.
15. Mr. Buckley and Ms. Hanff went to _________ where Shakespeare used to be a regular customer.
(a) A theater.
(b) A pub.
(c) An inn.
(d) A store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff admires the calm and quiet of London, but misses what?
2. Ms. Hanff's fans appear to be becoming what?
3. Ms. Hanff was ______________ the other customers.
4. Before going to bed, what did Ms. Hanff read through?
5. On Sunday, June 20, Ms. Hanff visited ______________ where she met a ticket taker with whom she discussed roses.
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)