|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was realized when she arrived here?
(a) The store was closed by then.
(b) The play was sold out.
(c) The store was busy.
(d) Her room was being cleaned.
2. Ms. Hanff went to her publishers' office from where she was taken to _____________.
(a) 84, Charing Cross Road.
(b) Her hotel.
(c) A play.
(d) Her book signing.
3. On Sunday, June 27, Ms. Hanff went to services where and instantly discovered she was the center of attention, causing her a great deal of discomfort?
(a) At the Guards Chapel.
(b) At St John's Chapel.
(c) At the Queen's Chapel.
(d) At the Royal Chapel.
4. Ms. Hanff discovers how different London is from what city?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
5. On Saturday, June 19, Ms. Hanff called Pat Buckley for what reason?
(a) To ask for directions to St. Paul's Cathedral.
(b) To see if he would like to meet for dinner.
(c) To give him a complementary copy of her book.
(d) In response to a note he sent her about a tour of London.
6. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
(d) New York.
7. She was hoping to stay in London for how long?
(a) At least two months.
(b) At least two weeks.
(c) At least a year.
(d) At least six months.
8. Ms. Hanff was ______________ the other customers.
(a) Worried about.
(b) Surprised by.
(c) Interested in.
(d) Annoyed by.
9. Back at the hotel, Ms. Hanff read an article about her arrival in London and was amused by what?
(a) The length of the article.
(b) The description of her.
(c) The language used in the article.
(d) The reporter called her chic.
10. Ms. Hanff's fans appear to be becoming what?
(c) Her friends.
11. Ms. Hanff thinks how a park reflects the people of the city it is in, and how much she would miss ________________ if she ever left New York.
(a) Madison Square Park.
(b) Prospect Park.
(c) Central Park.
(d) Washington Square Park.
12. Later that afternoon, Ms. Hanff spent the afternoon in ________ where she recalled an afternoon in New York where she and two friends had a picnic on Dog Hill that was interrupted by a group of hungry dogs.
(a) Battersea Park.
(b) St. James Park.
(c) Brockwell Park.
(d) Chelsea Physic Garden.
13. Afterward, they saw what play?
(a) King Lear.
(b) A Midsummer's Night Dream.
(c) The Tempest.
14. First they visited the home of two elderly sisters whose house, Ms. Hanff learned, had once been haunted by a ghost who would grow upset when?
(a) They stayed up late.
(b) They had guests over.
(c) They planned to take a trip.
(d) They came home.
15. Buckley encouraged Ms. Hanff to visit what the following day?
(a) St John's Chapel.
(b) The Guards Chapel.
(c) The Royal Chapel.
(d) The Queen's Chapel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff spent most of the day in the dining room watching _________ and reading the newspaper.
2. This place is a ____________________.
3. Ms. Grenfell drove Ms. Hanff home afterward, having difficulty finding a way to get to the hotel's front door. Why?
4. Mr. Buckley and Ms. Hanff went to _________ where Shakespeare used to be a regular customer.
5. Before reaching their destination, Ms. Hanff told the Colonel about what of which a friend had once sent her a postcard?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)