|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was supposed to meet Ms. Hanff at the airport?
(a) Nora and Sheila Doel and a fan of her book.
(b) Mr. Buckley and a fan of her book.
(c) Ms. Hanff's cousin and the Doels.
(d) Frank Doel and his family.
2. Ms. Hanff finally had to put her foot down when Eddie suggested they do what, without changing?
(a) See A Midsummer's Night Dream.
(b) See a movie.
(c) Visit her new acquaintances.
(d) Go to dinner.
3. On Tuesday, June 29, Ms. Hanff decided to take it easy. Why?
(a) To nurse a cold she caught.
(b) Everyone else had plans.
(c) She was tired.
(d) It was raining.
4. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
(a) The hotel was not set up for that sort of services.
(b) The dress could not be pressed.
(c) The dress no longer fit.
(d) The dress was not where she thought it was.
5. On Saturday, June 25, Ms. Hanff drove where with Mr. Buckley?
(a) To St Albans.
(b) To Cambridge.
(c) To Oxford.
(d) To Windsor.
6. Ms. Hanff drove where with The Colonel?
(a) To Stratford-on-Avon.
(b) To Marston.
(c) To Woodstock.
(d) To Summertown.
7. From there, Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley went to _________ where Mr. Buckley had once been a student and saw an historic wall where many of the past students had their names carved upon graduation, including Shelley.
8. On Wednesday, June 30, Ms. Hanff received what while attempting to eat her breakfast?
(a) A letter.
(b) A fax.
(c) A text.
(d) Several phone calls.
9. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the ceremony of the guards?
(a) They only stop at night.
(b) They do this every day.
(c) They had done that every night for more than seven hundred years.
(d) They had been doing this for over one thousand years.
10. Later that afternoon, Ms. Hanff spent the afternoon in ________ where she recalled an afternoon in New York where she and two friends had a picnic on Dog Hill that was interrupted by a group of hungry dogs.
(a) Battersea Park.
(b) Brockwell Park.
(c) St. James Park.
(d) Chelsea Physic Garden.
11. Who was Ms. Hanff's fan at the airport?
(a) Pat Buckley.
(b) Sheila Doel.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) Frank Doel.
12. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
(a) Charing Cross Road.
(b) Q's Legacy.
(c) 84, Charing Cross Road.
13. What had her brother given her?
(a) A new purse.
(b) One hundred dollars to spend.
(c) A gift card.
(d) A list of places to visit.
14. Mr. Buckley and Ms. Hanff went to _________ where Shakespeare used to be a regular customer.
(a) A pub.
(b) An inn.
(c) A store.
(d) A theater.
15. That night Ena arrived with what for Ms. Hanff's cold?
(a) A souvenir.
(b) A book.
(c) Some home remedies.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Sunday, June 27, Ms. Hanff went to services where and instantly discovered she was the center of attention, causing her a great deal of discomfort?
2. Ms. Grenfell drove Ms. Hanff home afterward, having difficulty finding a way to get to the hotel's front door. Why?
3. Ms. Hanff was embarrassed when?
4. Describe the person in #13.
5. They visited Marlborough House but discovered what?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)