|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to go for a ride where?
(a) To Slough and Luton.
(b) To Uxbridge and Watford.
(c) To Gillingham and Canterbury.
(d) To Windsor and Eton.
2. Ms. Hanff thinks how a park reflects the people of the city it is in, and how much she would miss ________________ if she ever left New York.
(a) Prospect Park.
(b) Madison Square Park.
(c) Central Park.
(d) Washington Square Park.
3. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
(a) She was happy to finally be visiting England.
(b) She was unsure what to do when she arrived.
(c) She was afraid no one would meet her plane.
(d) She was upset that her penpal had died.
4. Ena begged Ms. Hanff not to return home too early and to consider doing what?
(a) Staying in their country house for the summer.
(b) Staying at their home with them for the summer.
(c) Staying at the hotel for a few more weeks.
(d) Renting a home for the summer.
5. Afterward, they saw what play?
(a) King Lear.
(c) The Tempest.
(d) A Midsummer's Night Dream.
6. Ms. Hanff had a delightful time and greatly enjoyed who?
(d) The server.
7. Ms. Hanff discovers how different London is from what city?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
8. Who was Ms. Hanff's fan at the airport?
(a) Pat Buckley.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) Frank Doel.
(d) Sheila Doel.
9. That night Ms. Hanff went to a dinner party and returned to the hotel feeling like what?
(a) A visitor.
(b) A queen.
(c) A duchess.
(d) A native Londoner.
10. Eddie and Isabel were conservative people at home. How did they act in London?
11. Ms. Hanff went to lunch with Nora where she was told a story of how Nora and Frank once knew a rare book dealer who turned out to be what?
(a) A drug dealer.
(b) A cop.
(c) A Russian spy.
(d) A king.
12. That night, Ms. Hanff went to dinner with whom?
(a) Leo Marks and his wife, Ena.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) Mr. Buckley.
(d) Nora and Sheila Doel.
13. She was hoping to stay in London for how long?
(a) At least a year.
(b) At least two months.
(c) At least six months.
(d) At least two weeks.
14. What was Ms. Hanff surprised to find?
(a) A sizable line of people waiting for her.
(b) She could get around London quite well on her own.
(c) No one at her book signing.
(d) A large group on the tour.
15. How did this fan help Ms. Hanff?
(a) He called a cab for her.
(b) He carried her bags to her rental car.
(c) He helped her through Customs and to find Nora and Sheila.
(d) He contacted her hotel to send a shuttle bus to pick her up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff was embarrassed when?
2. Where was Ms. Hanff taken after she left the airport?
3. Ms. Hanff had always wanted to do what?
4. Later in the day, Ms. Hanff and Nora Doel were interviewed where?
5. Ms. Hanff was also planning to use what to pay for her stay?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)