|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what did Ms. Hanff learn while at dinner with Nora and her daughter?
(a) English history.
(b) Places to visit.
(c) Life in England.
(d) More about the wife and daughter of her pen pal.
2. That night, Ms. Hanff went to dinner with whom?
(a) Mr. Buckley.
(b) Nora and Sheila Doel.
(c) Leo Marks and his wife, Ena.
(d) The Colonel.
3. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
(a) The dress could not be pressed.
(b) The dress no longer fit.
(c) The hotel was not set up for that sort of services.
(d) The dress was not where she thought it was.
4. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
(a) Charing Cross Road.
(c) Q's Legacy.
(d) 84, Charing Cross Road.
5. Where was Ms. Hanff taken after she left the airport?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To London Bridge.
(c) To her book signing.
(d) To her hotel.
6. Later that afternoon, Ms. Hanff spent the afternoon in ________ where she recalled an afternoon in New York where she and two friends had a picnic on Dog Hill that was interrupted by a group of hungry dogs.
(a) St. James Park.
(b) Battersea Park.
(c) Brockwell Park.
(d) Chelsea Physic Garden.
7. Later in the day, Ms. Hanff and Nora Doel were interviewed where?
(a) At Broadcasting House.
(b) At the hotel.
(c) At 84, Charing Cross Road.
(d) At Nora's home.
8. What was Ms. Hanff surprised to find?
(a) A large group on the tour.
(b) No one at her book signing.
(c) A sizable line of people waiting for her.
(d) She could get around London quite well on her own.
9. About what were they asked?
(a) Why they decided to finally meet.
(b) What they plan to do together.
(c) How they met.
(d) What it was like meeting after so many years.
10. Ms. Hanff went to her publishers' office from where she was taken to _____________.
(a) Her book signing.
(b) A play.
(c) 84, Charing Cross Road.
(d) Her hotel.
11. Ms. Hanff visited a handful of booksellers before going to what?
(a) A book signing for her book.
(b) The park.
(c) A tour of the Tower of London.
(d) A play.
12. Ms. Hanff spent the day alone touring what?
(a) Hyde Park.
(b) Saint James Park.
(c) Regent's Park.
(d) Battersea Park.
13. Describe Ms. Hanff's hotel room.
14. On Saturday, June 19, Ms. Hanff called Pat Buckley for what reason?
(a) In response to a note he sent her about a tour of London.
(b) To give him a complementary copy of her book.
(c) To ask for directions to St. Paul's Cathedral.
(d) To see if he would like to meet for dinner.
15. Ms. Hanff drove where with The Colonel?
(a) To Marston.
(b) To Stratford-on-Avon.
(c) To Summertown.
(d) To Woodstock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back at the hotel, Ms. Hanff read an article about her arrival in London and was amused by what?
2. Ms. Hanff had always wanted to do what?
3. Ms. Hanff had a delightful time and greatly enjoyed who?
4. Ms. Hanff was ______________ the other customers.
5. What is an important site pointed out to Ms. Hanff?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)