|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Later in the day, Ms. Hanff and Nora Doel were interviewed where?
(a) At the hotel.
(b) At Nora's home.
(c) At 84, Charing Cross Road.
(d) At Broadcasting House.
2. Ms. Hanff had wanted to see London ever since when?
(a) She became Frank's pen pal.
(b) She was a small girl.
(c) She had read Shakespeare.
(d) She learned about London in school.
3. Where was Ms. Hanff taken after she left the airport?
(a) To her book signing.
(b) To dinner.
(c) To her hotel.
(d) To London Bridge.
4. Ms. Hanff finally had to put her foot down when Eddie suggested they do what, without changing?
(a) Visit her new acquaintances.
(b) See a movie.
(c) Go to dinner.
(d) See A Midsummer's Night Dream.
5. Who was supposed to meet Ms. Hanff at the airport?
(a) Mr. Buckley and a fan of her book.
(b) Nora and Sheila Doel and a fan of her book.
(c) Frank Doel and his family.
(d) Ms. Hanff's cousin and the Doels.
6. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
(a) A famous actress she had long admired.
(b) A neighbor from New York.
(c) A fellow writer.
(d) A friend of her mother's.
7. Describe Ms. Hanff's hotel room.
8. What did they do at this location?
(a) They had lunch.
(b) They stopped for drinks.
(c) They got dessert.
(d) They ate icecream.
9. Ms. Hanff had a delightful time and greatly enjoyed who?
(b) The server.
10. Ms. Hanff was also planning to use what to pay for her stay?
(a) The money she earned from a previous book.
(b) Her most recent paycheck.
(c) Gifts from her family.
(d) Her advance on the book.
11. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
(a) New York.
12. How did Ms. Hanff feel about her trip?
13. On Wednesday, June 30, Ms. Hanff received what while attempting to eat her breakfast?
(a) A fax.
(b) A text.
(c) A letter.
(d) Several phone calls.
14. Who was Ms. Hanff's fan at the airport?
(a) Frank Doel.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) Pat Buckley.
(d) Sheila Doel.
15. Ms. Hanff was ______________ the other customers.
(a) Surprised by.
(b) Worried about.
(c) Interested in.
(d) Annoyed by.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Sunday, June 27, Ms. Hanff went to services where and instantly discovered she was the center of attention, causing her a great deal of discomfort?
2. Ms. Hanff went to her publishers' office from where she was taken to _____________.
3. On Sunday, June 20, Ms. Hanff visited ______________ where she met a ticket taker with whom she discussed roses.
4. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
5. At a going away party, several friends had given her a gift certificate to __________.
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)