|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Afterward, they arrived where?
2. Back at the hotel, Ms. Hanff read an article about her arrival in London and was amused by what?
(a) The length of the article.
(b) The reporter called her chic.
(c) The language used in the article.
(d) The description of her.
3. What prompted her to be interested in London?
(a) She wanted to meet her pen pal.
(b) She liked English architecture.
(c) She learned of her English Quaker ancestry.
(d) She liked Shakespeare.
4. Who are Nora and Sheila Doel?
(a) The sisters of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(b) The wife and daughter of her pen pal at Marks & Co.
(c) The daughters of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(d) The friends of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
5. Afterward, they saw what play?
(a) King Lear.
(c) A Midsummer's Night Dream.
(d) The Tempest.
6. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
(a) A neighbor from New York.
(b) A friend of her mother's.
(c) A famous actress she had long admired.
(d) A fellow writer.
7. On Saturday, June 25, Ms. Hanff drove where with Mr. Buckley?
(a) To Windsor.
(b) To Cambridge.
(c) To St Albans.
(d) To Oxford.
8. Ms. Hanff drove where with The Colonel?
(a) To Woodstock.
(b) To Marston.
(c) To Stratford-on-Avon.
(d) To Summertown.
9. Where was Ms. Hanff taken after she left the airport?
(a) To her hotel.
(b) To her book signing.
(c) To London Bridge.
(d) To dinner.
10. Before reaching their destination, Ms. Hanff told the Colonel about what of which a friend had once sent her a postcard?
(a) A monument near there.
(b) A little inn near there.
(c) A little village near there.
(d) A museum near there.
11. Describe the person in #13.
(a) He was an acquaintance of her family.
(b) She was the wife of her pen pal.
(c) He was her pen pal for many years.
(d) He was a big man who had recently been widowed.
12. This place is a ____________________.
(a) Tourist trap.
(b) Favorite of locals.
(c) Waste of time.
13. On Sunday, June 20, Ms. Hanff visited ______________ where she met a ticket taker with whom she discussed roses.
(a) Russell Square.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) London Tower.
14. How did Ms. Hanff feel about her trip?
15. Ms. Hanff went to her publishers' office from where she was taken to _____________.
(a) 84, Charing Cross Road.
(b) Her hotel.
(c) Her book signing.
(d) A play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had her brother given her?
2. That night, Ms. Hanff met Joyce Grenfell, her husband, Reggie, and a couple from Australia where for dinner?
3. Instead, what did Ms. Hanff and her friends do?
4. Ms. Hanff was also planning to use what to pay for her stay?
5. Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley then drove around the city and saw what?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)