|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hunff commented on the ceremony of the guards doing what?
(a) Locking the gate.
(b) Changing places.
(c) Standing still.
2. That night Ena arrived with what for Ms. Hanff's cold?
(a) A souvenir.
(b) A book.
(c) Some home remedies.
(d) A letter.
3. Ena begged Ms. Hanff not to return home too early and to consider doing what?
(a) Staying at their home with them for the summer.
(b) Renting a home for the summer.
(c) Staying at the hotel for a few more weeks.
(d) Staying in their country house for the summer.
4. What did Ms. Hanff do when she found out the publishers were not giving out her address to her fans?
(a) She became very angry.
(b) She told Carmen to feel free to give out the address.
(c) She told them to only give out her office address.
(d) She thanked them.
5. Ms. Hanff had just boarded the flight to London despite what fact?
(a) She had just been released from the hospital after an unscheduled surgery.
(b) She did not want to fly on the plane.
(c) She was not packed.
(d) She will ill.
6. Ms. Grenfell drove Ms. Hanff home afterward, having difficulty finding a way to get to the hotel's front door. Why?
(a) Because there was a great deal of traffic.
(b) Because the road was blocked off.
(c) Because her car was too large for the street.
(d) Because of all the one way streets that surround it.
7. Buckley encouraged Ms. Hanff to visit what the following day?
(a) St John's Chapel.
(b) The Royal Chapel.
(c) The Queen's Chapel.
(d) The Guards Chapel.
8. On Friday, June 18, Ms. Hanff attempted to take a shower and discovered what?
(a) There was only a bathtub.
(b) The shower was designed poorly.
(c) The shower was not working.
(d) There was no hot water.
9. Ms. Hanff was ______________ the other customers.
(a) Worried about.
(b) Interested in.
(c) Surprised by.
(d) Annoyed by.
10. What was Ms. Hanff surprised to find?
(a) A sizable line of people waiting for her.
(b) She could get around London quite well on her own.
(c) A large group on the tour.
(d) No one at her book signing.
11. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
12. Afterward, they saw what play?
(a) The Tempest.
(b) A Midsummer's Night Dream.
(c) King Lear.
13. That night, Ms. Hanff went to see a play with whom?
(a) Mr. Buckley.
(b) Nora and Sheila.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) Joyce Grenfell.
14. Ms. Hanff finds all of these people she meets to be what?
(a) Annoying and rude.
(c) Friendly but nosy.
(d) Kind and generous.
15. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
(a) She was unsure what to do when she arrived.
(b) She was upset that her penpal had died.
(c) She was afraid no one would meet her plane.
(d) She was happy to finally be visiting England.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Saturday, June 19, Ms. Hanff called Pat Buckley for what reason?
2. What is an important site pointed out to Ms. Hanff?
3. Ms. Hunff felt this way about the other customers until when?
4. Ms. Hanff had a delightful time and greatly enjoyed who?
5. Ms. Hanff was also planning to use what to pay for her stay?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)