|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was realized when she arrived here?
(a) The play was sold out.
(b) Her room was being cleaned.
(c) The store was busy.
(d) The store was closed by then.
2. Ms. Hanff went to Deusch's to get some of her royalties to pay for what?
(a) Her souvenirs.
(b) The hotel bill.
(c) Her meals.
(d) Her travel expenses.
3. Afterward, they arrived where?
4. What prompted her to be interested in London?
(a) She wanted to meet her pen pal.
(b) She learned of her English Quaker ancestry.
(c) She liked Shakespeare.
(d) She liked English architecture.
5. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to go for a ride where?
(a) To Windsor and Eton.
(b) To Slough and Luton.
(c) To Uxbridge and Watford.
(d) To Gillingham and Canterbury.
6. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
(a) A neighbor from New York.
(b) A fellow writer.
(c) A friend of her mother's.
(d) A famous actress she had long admired.
7. On Tuesday, June 29, Ms. Hanff decided to take it easy. Why?
(a) Everyone else had plans.
(b) It was raining.
(c) She was tired.
(d) To nurse a cold she caught.
8. That night, Ms. Hanff went to see a play with whom?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) Mr. Buckley.
(c) Joyce Grenfell.
(d) Nora and Sheila.
9. What had her brother given her?
(a) A list of places to visit.
(b) A gift card.
(c) A new purse.
(d) One hundred dollars to spend.
10. Who was Ms. Hanff's fan at the airport?
(a) Pat Buckley.
(b) Frank Doel.
(c) Sheila Doel.
(d) The Colonel.
11. She was hoping to stay in London for how long?
(a) At least six months.
(b) At least two months.
(c) At least two weeks.
(d) At least a year.
12. Describe the person in #13.
(a) He was an acquaintance of her family.
(b) He was her pen pal for many years.
(c) He was a big man who had recently been widowed.
(d) She was the wife of her pen pal.
13. Who was supposed to meet Ms. Hanff at the airport?
(a) Mr. Buckley and a fan of her book.
(b) Ms. Hanff's cousin and the Doels.
(c) Frank Doel and his family.
(d) Nora and Sheila Doel and a fan of her book.
14. At a going away party, several friends had given her a gift certificate to __________.
15. On Sunday, June 27, Ms. Hanff went to services where and instantly discovered she was the center of attention, causing her a great deal of discomfort?
(a) At the Queen's Chapel.
(b) At the Guards Chapel.
(c) At St John's Chapel.
(d) At the Royal Chapel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did this stop cause?
2. Ms. Hanff spent the day alone touring what?
3. Nora drove Ms. Hanff where for dinner?
4. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
5. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)