|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before reaching their destination, Ms. Hanff told the Colonel about what of which a friend had once sent her a postcard?
(a) A monument near there.
(b) A museum near there.
(c) A little village near there.
(d) A little inn near there.
2. On Saturday, June 19, Ms. Hanff called Pat Buckley for what reason?
(a) In response to a note he sent her about a tour of London.
(b) To see if he would like to meet for dinner.
(c) To give him a complementary copy of her book.
(d) To ask for directions to St. Paul's Cathedral.
3. Ms. Hanff went to Deusch's to get some of her royalties to pay for what?
(a) The hotel bill.
(b) Her souvenirs.
(c) Her meals.
(d) Her travel expenses.
4. Ms. Hanff discovers how different London is from what city?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
5. Where was Ms. Hanff taken after she left the airport?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To her hotel.
(c) To London Bridge.
(d) To her book signing.
6. Ms. Hanff had a delightful time and greatly enjoyed who?
(c) The server.
7. Afterward, they arrived where?
8. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
(a) She was afraid no one would meet her plane.
(b) She was unsure what to do when she arrived.
(c) She was upset that her penpal had died.
(d) She was happy to finally be visiting England.
9. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the ceremony of the guards?
(a) They do this every day.
(b) They had been doing this for over one thousand years.
(c) They had done that every night for more than seven hundred years.
(d) They only stop at night.
10. Ms. Hanff thinks how a park reflects the people of the city it is in, and how much she would miss ________________ if she ever left New York.
(a) Prospect Park.
(b) Central Park.
(c) Washington Square Park.
(d) Madison Square Park.
11. On Sunday, June 20, Ms. Hanff visited ______________ where she met a ticket taker with whom she discussed roses.
(a) Russell Square.
(b) London Tower.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
12. Ms. Hanff went to her publishers' office from where she was taken to _____________.
(a) Her hotel.
(b) 84, Charing Cross Road.
(c) A play.
(d) Her book signing.
13. Ms. Hanff's fans appear to be becoming what?
(c) Her friends.
14. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
(a) The dress was not where she thought it was.
(b) The dress no longer fit.
(c) The hotel was not set up for that sort of services.
(d) The dress could not be pressed.
15. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe the person in #13.
2. Ms. Hanff drove where with The Colonel?
3. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to go for a ride where?
4. Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley then drove around the city and saw what?
5. On Saturday, June 25, Ms. Hanff drove where with Mr. Buckley?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)