Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff spent the day alone touring what?
(a) Hyde Park.
(b) Battersea Park.
(c) Saint James Park.
(d) Regent's Park.
2. Ms. Grenfell drove Ms. Hanff home afterward, having difficulty finding a way to get to the hotel's front door. Why?
(a) Because there was a great deal of traffic.
(b) Because the road was blocked off.
(c) Because her car was too large for the street.
(d) Because of all the one way streets that surround it.
3. What did this stop cause?
(a) A sensation among the villagers.
(b) Irritation among the locals.
(c) A delay in their travel.
(d) Confusion in their location.
4. Ms. Hanff spent most of the day in the dining room watching _________ and reading the newspaper.
(a) The employees.
(c) The locals.
(d) The other tourists.
5. Before reaching their destination, Ms. Hanff told the Colonel about what of which a friend had once sent her a postcard?
(a) A museum near there.
(b) A monument near there.
(c) A little inn near there.
(d) A little village near there.
6. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
(d) New York.
7. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
(a) The dress could not be pressed.
(b) The dress was not where she thought it was.
(c) The hotel was not set up for that sort of services.
(d) The dress no longer fit.
8. Where was Ms. Hanff taken after she left the airport?
(a) To London Bridge.
(b) To her book signing.
(c) To dinner.
(d) To her hotel.
9. Ms. Hanff went to Deusch's to get some of her royalties to pay for what?
(a) The hotel bill.
(b) Her meals.
(c) Her travel expenses.
(d) Her souvenirs.
10. Nora drove Ms. Hanff where for dinner?
(a) To her house.
(b) To her daughter's house.
(c) To an expensive restaurant.
(d) To Mr. Buckley's home.
11. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
(a) Q's Legacy.
(b) 84, Charing Cross Road.
(c) Charing Cross Road.
12. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
13. That night, Ms. Hanff met Joyce Grenfell, her husband, Reggie, and a couple from Australia where for dinner?
(a) At Terra.
(b) At Piccadilly Restaurant.
(c) At the Waldorf.
(d) At Clos Maggiore.
14. Afterward, she went across the street to get some cold medicine and supplies only to discover what?
(a) They were out of all the cold medication.
(b) They did not sell cold medicine.
(c) A bulletin board covered in questionable advertisements.
(d) The store was closed.
15. What did they do at this location?
(a) They stopped for drinks.
(b) They ate icecream.
(c) They had lunch.
(d) They got dessert.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ms. Hanff feel about her trip?
2. Ms. Hanff finds all of these people she meets to be what?
3. On Saturday, June 19, Ms. Hanff called Pat Buckley for what reason?
4. On Sunday, June 20, Ms. Hanff visited ______________ where she met a ticket taker with whom she discussed roses.
5. Ms. Hanff discovers how different London is from what city?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)