|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Friday, June 18, Ms. Hanff attempted to take a shower and discovered what?
(a) The shower was not working.
(b) There was only a bathtub.
(c) The shower was designed poorly.
(d) There was no hot water.
2. First they visited the home of two elderly sisters whose house, Ms. Hanff learned, had once been haunted by a ghost who would grow upset when?
(a) They came home.
(b) They planned to take a trip.
(c) They had guests over.
(d) They stayed up late.
3. About what were they asked?
(a) Why they decided to finally meet.
(b) How they met.
(c) What they plan to do together.
(d) What it was like meeting after so many years.
4. What did they do at this location?
(a) They got dessert.
(b) They had lunch.
(c) They ate icecream.
(d) They stopped for drinks.
5. Later that afternoon, Ms. Hanff spent the afternoon in ________ where she recalled an afternoon in New York where she and two friends had a picnic on Dog Hill that was interrupted by a group of hungry dogs.
(a) Chelsea Physic Garden.
(b) St. James Park.
(c) Brockwell Park.
(d) Battersea Park.
6. Ms. Hanff had always wanted to do what?
(a) Visit her family.
(b) Fly on a plane.
(c) Go to England.
(d) Visit her penpal.
7. The Colonel took her where?
(a) The little village.
(b) The monument.
(c) The museum.
(d) The little inn.
8. That night, Ms. Hanff went to dinner with whom?
(a) Nora and Sheila Doel.
(b) Mr. Buckley.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) Leo Marks and his wife, Ena.
9. Afterward, they saw what play?
(a) King Lear.
(b) A Midsummer's Night Dream.
(c) The Tempest.
10. What did Ms. Hanff do when she found out the publishers were not giving out her address to her fans?
(a) She told them to only give out her office address.
(b) She became very angry.
(c) She thanked them.
(d) She told Carmen to feel free to give out the address.
11. Later Ms. Hanff went to Pat Buckley's home where they _______________.
(a) Discussed places to see.
(b) Had dinner.
(c) Watched a movie.
(d) Played bridge.
12. Ms. Hanff finds all of these people she meets to be what?
(a) Annoying and rude.
(c) Kind and generous.
(d) Friendly but nosy.
13. On Sunday, June 27, Ms. Hanff went to services where and instantly discovered she was the center of attention, causing her a great deal of discomfort?
(a) At St John's Chapel.
(b) At the Guards Chapel.
(c) At the Queen's Chapel.
(d) At the Royal Chapel.
14. Describe Ms. Hanff's hotel room.
15. On Tuesday, June 29, Ms. Hanff decided to take it easy. Why?
(a) She was tired.
(b) It was raining.
(c) To nurse a cold she caught.
(d) Everyone else had plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did this fan help Ms. Hanff?
2. She was hoping to stay in London for how long?
3. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to go for a ride where?
4. Ms. Hanff's fans appear to be becoming what?
5. What prompted her to be interested in London?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)