|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff was embarrassed when?
(a) Mr. Buckley seemed excited to see her.
(b) Mr. Buckley did not show up.
(c) Mr. Buckley told her to change her clothes.
(d) Mr. Buckley seemed unhappy with the idea of her wearing pants, something she does routinely.
2. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
(a) Q's Legacy.
(c) Charing Cross Road.
(d) 84, Charing Cross Road.
3. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
(a) The dress no longer fit.
(b) The dress was not where she thought it was.
(c) The dress could not be pressed.
(d) The hotel was not set up for that sort of services.
4. Ms. Hanff finally had to put her foot down when Eddie suggested they do what, without changing?
(a) See A Midsummer's Night Dream.
(b) See a movie.
(c) Go to dinner.
(d) Visit her new acquaintances.
5. On Saturday, June 25, Ms. Hanff drove where with Mr. Buckley?
(a) To Windsor.
(b) To St Albans.
(c) To Cambridge.
(d) To Oxford.
6. Ms. Hanff went to lunch with Nora where she was told a story of how Nora and Frank once knew a rare book dealer who turned out to be what?
(a) A drug dealer.
(b) A cop.
(c) A Russian spy.
(d) A king.
7. Ms. Hanff drove where with The Colonel?
(a) To Stratford-on-Avon.
(b) To Marston.
(c) To Summertown.
(d) To Woodstock.
8. Ms. Hanff admires the calm and quiet of London, but misses what?
(a) The chaos that reigns in New York.
(b) The beaches of Los Angeles.
(c) The weather of Miami.
(d) The comforts of Chicago.
9. They visited Marlborough House but discovered what?
(a) It was very crowded.
(b) It was closed.
(c) It was very expensive.
(d) It was under repair.
10. On Sunday, June 20, Ms. Hanff visited ______________ where she met a ticket taker with whom she discussed roses.
(a) Russell Square.
(b) London Tower.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
11. What is an important site pointed out to Ms. Hanff?
(a) Charing Cross Road.
(b) London Bridge.
(c) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(d) Big Ben.
12. Before going to bed, what did Ms. Hanff read through?
(a) A note Carmen had sent outlining the interviews she was to do over the next few days.
(b) The letters from her pen pal.
(c) The book she had written.
(d) Her itinerary.
13. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
(d) New York.
14. Ms. Hanff's fans appear to be becoming what?
(c) Her friends.
15. On Wednesday, June 30, Ms. Hanff received what while attempting to eat her breakfast?
(a) A letter.
(b) A text.
(c) Several phone calls.
(d) A fax.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was realized when she arrived here?
2. Afterward, they arrived where?
3. That night Ms. Hanff went to a dinner party and returned to the hotel feeling like what?
4. Ena begged Ms. Hanff not to return home too early and to consider doing what?
5. On Sunday, June 27, Ms. Hanff went to services where and instantly discovered she was the center of attention, causing her a great deal of discomfort?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)