|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Afterward, she went across the street to get some cold medicine and supplies only to discover what?
(a) They were out of all the cold medication.
(b) They did not sell cold medicine.
(c) A bulletin board covered in questionable advertisements.
(d) The store was closed.
2. Afterward, they saw what play?
(a) A Midsummer's Night Dream.
(c) The Tempest.
(d) King Lear.
3. From there, Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley went to _________ where Mr. Buckley had once been a student and saw an historic wall where many of the past students had their names carved upon graduation, including Shelley.
4. Where was Ms. Hanff taken after she left the airport?
(a) To her hotel.
(b) To London Bridge.
(c) To her book signing.
(d) To dinner.
5. Before going to bed, what did Ms. Hanff read through?
(a) The book she had written.
(b) Her itinerary.
(c) A note Carmen had sent outlining the interviews she was to do over the next few days.
(d) The letters from her pen pal.
6. Ms. Hanff finds all of these people she meets to be what?
(a) Annoying and rude.
(b) Kind and generous.
(d) Friendly but nosy.
7. Describe Ms. Hanff's hotel room.
8. What did this stop cause?
(a) Confusion in their location.
(b) Irritation among the locals.
(c) A sensation among the villagers.
(d) A delay in their travel.
9. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to go for a ride where?
(a) To Windsor and Eton.
(b) To Gillingham and Canterbury.
(c) To Uxbridge and Watford.
(d) To Slough and Luton.
10. About what were they asked?
(a) How they met.
(b) What they plan to do together.
(c) Why they decided to finally meet.
(d) What it was like meeting after so many years.
11. Ms. Hanff drove where with The Colonel?
(a) To Summertown.
(b) To Woodstock.
(c) To Marston.
(d) To Stratford-on-Avon.
12. Ms. Hanff visited a handful of booksellers before going to what?
(a) A book signing for her book.
(b) The park.
(c) A tour of the Tower of London.
(d) A play.
13. Later Ms. Hanff went to Pat Buckley's home where they _______________.
(a) Had dinner.
(b) Discussed places to see.
(c) Played bridge.
(d) Watched a movie.
14. She was hoping to stay in London for how long?
(a) At least two weeks.
(b) At least a year.
(c) At least six months.
(d) At least two months.
15. Of what was Ms. Hanff afraid?
(a) Getting lost.
(b) No one would show up to her book signing.
(c) Being the only one on the tour.
(d) Hostile fans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was realized when she arrived here?
2. How did Ms. Hanff feel about her trip?
3. First they visited the home of two elderly sisters whose house, Ms. Hanff learned, had once been haunted by a ghost who would grow upset when?
4. Ms. Hanff's fans appear to be becoming what?
5. What did Ms. Hanff do when she found out the publishers were not giving out her address to her fans?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)