|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back at the hotel, Ms. Hanff read an article about her arrival in London and was amused by what?
(a) The length of the article.
(b) The language used in the article.
(c) The reporter called her chic.
(d) The description of her.
2. What did they do at this location?
(a) They got dessert.
(b) They had lunch.
(c) They stopped for drinks.
(d) They ate icecream.
3. Ms. Hanff's fans appear to be becoming what?
(c) Her friends.
4. Ms. Hanff spent the day alone touring what?
(a) Battersea Park.
(b) Saint James Park.
(c) Hyde Park.
(d) Regent's Park.
5. Before reaching their destination, Ms. Hanff told the Colonel about what of which a friend had once sent her a postcard?
(a) A little inn near there.
(b) A monument near there.
(c) A museum near there.
(d) A little village near there.
6. On Saturday, June 25, Ms. Hanff drove where with Mr. Buckley?
(a) To Windsor.
(b) To Cambridge.
(c) To St Albans.
(d) To Oxford.
7. Ms. Hanff had just boarded the flight to London despite what fact?
(a) She was not packed.
(b) She did not want to fly on the plane.
(c) She will ill.
(d) She had just been released from the hospital after an unscheduled surgery.
8. Ms. Hanff spent most of the day in the dining room watching _________ and reading the newspaper.
(a) The employees.
(b) The other tourists.
(d) The locals.
9. Later Ms. Hanff went to Pat Buckley's home where they _______________.
(a) Had dinner.
(b) Watched a movie.
(c) Discussed places to see.
(d) Played bridge.
10. On Wednesday, June 30, Ms. Hanff received what while attempting to eat her breakfast?
(a) A letter.
(b) A fax.
(c) A text.
(d) Several phone calls.
11. At a going away party, several friends had given her a gift certificate to __________.
12. Afterward, they saw what play?
(b) The Tempest.
(c) King Lear.
(d) A Midsummer's Night Dream.
13. Ms. Hanff finally had to put her foot down when Eddie suggested they do what, without changing?
(a) See a movie.
(b) See A Midsummer's Night Dream.
(c) Visit her new acquaintances.
(d) Go to dinner.
14. That night, Ms. Hanff met Joyce Grenfell, her husband, Reggie, and a couple from Australia where for dinner?
(a) At Terra.
(b) At Clos Maggiore.
(c) At Piccadilly Restaurant.
(d) At the Waldorf.
15. Before going to bed, what did Ms. Hanff read through?
(a) The book she had written.
(b) A note Carmen had sent outlining the interviews she was to do over the next few days.
(c) Her itinerary.
(d) The letters from her pen pal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff discovers how different London is from what city?
2. Afterward, she went across the street to get some cold medicine and supplies only to discover what?
3. Later in the day, Ms. Hanff and Nora Doel were interviewed where?
4. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
5. Ms. Hanff finds all of these people she meets to be what?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)