|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went to lunch with Nora where she was told a story of how Nora and Frank once knew a rare book dealer who turned out to be what?
(a) A Russian spy.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) A cop.
(d) A king.
2. Who was Ms. Hanff's fan at the airport?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) Frank Doel.
(c) Sheila Doel.
(d) Pat Buckley.
3. On Friday, June 18, Ms. Hanff attempted to take a shower and discovered what?
(a) The shower was not working.
(b) There was no hot water.
(c) There was only a bathtub.
(d) The shower was designed poorly.
4. Ms. Hanff spent the day alone touring what?
(a) Hyde Park.
(b) Regent's Park.
(c) Saint James Park.
(d) Battersea Park.
5. She was hoping to stay in London for how long?
(a) At least six months.
(b) At least two months.
(c) At least a year.
(d) At least two weeks.
6. Describe the person in #13.
(a) He was her pen pal for many years.
(b) He was an acquaintance of her family.
(c) She was the wife of her pen pal.
(d) He was a big man who had recently been widowed.
7. What did Ms. Hanff do when she found out the publishers were not giving out her address to her fans?
(a) She told Carmen to feel free to give out the address.
(b) She told them to only give out her office address.
(c) She became very angry.
(d) She thanked them.
8. Where was Ms. Hanff taken after she left the airport?
(a) To her book signing.
(b) To dinner.
(c) To London Bridge.
(d) To her hotel.
9. About what were they asked?
(a) How they met.
(b) Why they decided to finally meet.
(c) What they plan to do together.
(d) What it was like meeting after so many years.
10. Ms. Hanff thinks how a park reflects the people of the city it is in, and how much she would miss ________________ if she ever left New York.
(a) Central Park.
(b) Washington Square Park.
(c) Madison Square Park.
(d) Prospect Park.
11. Ms. Hanff had just boarded the flight to London despite what fact?
(a) She had just been released from the hospital after an unscheduled surgery.
(b) She will ill.
(c) She was not packed.
(d) She did not want to fly on the plane.
12. The Colonel took her where?
(a) The museum.
(b) The little village.
(c) The monument.
(d) The little inn.
13. Later Ms. Hanff went to Pat Buckley's home where they _______________.
(a) Discussed places to see.
(b) Watched a movie.
(c) Played bridge.
(d) Had dinner.
14. Ms. Hanff's fans appear to be becoming what?
(d) Her friends.
15. On Wednesday, June 30, Ms. Hanff received what while attempting to eat her breakfast?
(a) A text.
(b) A fax.
(c) A letter.
(d) Several phone calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. That night, Ms. Hanff went to see a play with whom?
2. Ena begged Ms. Hanff not to return home too early and to consider doing what?
3. What had her brother given her?
4. Who are Nora and Sheila Doel?
5. What was realized when she arrived here?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)