|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 16; Saturday, July 17; Sunday, July 18; Monday, July 19; Tuesday, July 20; Wednesday, July 21; Thursday, July 22; Friday, July 23; Saturday, July 24; Sunday, July 25; and Monday, July 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what was this article to be printed?
(a) An article she wrote on American museums.
(b) An article she wrote on American tea.
(c) An article she wrote on American fan mail.
(d) An article she wrote on American culture.
2. What prompted her to be interested in London?
(a) She liked Shakespeare.
(b) She learned of her English Quaker ancestry.
(c) She liked English architecture.
(d) She wanted to meet her pen pal.
3. On Sunday, June 27, Ms. Hanff went to services where and instantly discovered she was the center of attention, causing her a great deal of discomfort?
(a) At St John's Chapel.
(b) At the Queen's Chapel.
(c) At the Guards Chapel.
(d) At the Royal Chapel.
4. About what did they talk?
(b) The neighborhood.
(c) Some of the sites of the city.
(d) The hotel.
5. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
(a) She was happy to finally be visiting England.
(b) She was unsure what to do when she arrived.
(c) She was afraid no one would meet her plane.
(d) She was upset that her penpal had died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Later in the day, Ms. Hanff and Nora Doel were interviewed where?
2. Why did this cause a bit of a stir?
3. What did this person recommend to Ms. Hanff?
4. What was Ms. Hanff surprised to find?
5. What happened to the car that was to drive her?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)