|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 16; Saturday, July 17; Sunday, July 18; Monday, July 19; Tuesday, July 20; Wednesday, July 21; Thursday, July 22; Friday, July 23; Saturday, July 24; Sunday, July 25; and Monday, July 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back at the hotel, Ms. Hanff read an article about her arrival in London and was amused by what?
(a) The reporter called her chic.
(b) The length of the article.
(c) The language used in the article.
(d) The description of her.
2. He _____________ Ms. Hanff with stories all the way to Nora's house.
3. That night, Ms. Hanff went to dinner with whom?
(a) Nora and Sheila Doel.
(b) Mr. Buckley.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) Leo Marks and his wife, Ena.
4. Ms. Hanff went to Deusch's to get some of her royalties to pay for what?
(a) Her souvenirs.
(b) Her meals.
(c) Her travel expenses.
(d) The hotel bill.
5. Instead, what did Ms. Hanff and her friends do?
(a) They went on a tour of London.
(b) They saw A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(c) They stayed in.
(d) They had a pleasant dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of this lunch date, she decided to visit a few ___________ sights even though she had never been truly interested in him.
2. On Friday, July 16 Ms. Hanff was to go to a dinner where?
3. Ms. Grenfell drove Ms. Hanff home afterward, having difficulty finding a way to get to the hotel's front door. Why?
4. On Monday, July 19, Ms. Hanff met Mr. Buckley for __________ at Old Wine Shades in Martin Lane, Cannon Street.
5. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)