|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 16; Saturday, July 17; Sunday, July 18; Monday, July 19; Tuesday, July 20; Wednesday, July 21; Thursday, July 22; Friday, July 23; Saturday, July 24; Sunday, July 25; and Monday, July 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are two themes of the novel that are touched upon?
(a) Family and poverty.
(b) Luxury and friendship.
(c) Friendship and fanfare.
(d) Poverty and desire.
2. Who was supposed to meet Ms. Hanff at the airport?
(a) Ms. Hanff's cousin and the Doels.
(b) Mr. Buckley and a fan of her book.
(c) Nora and Sheila Doel and a fan of her book.
(d) Frank Doel and his family.
3. Ms. Hanff had just boarded the flight to London despite what fact?
(a) She was not packed.
(b) She had just been released from the hospital after an unscheduled surgery.
(c) She will ill.
(d) She did not want to fly on the plane.
4. On the way, Ms. Hanff stopped at Grosvenor Square to see what?
(a) The street performers.
(b) The fountains.
(c) The birds.
(d) The Roosevelt Memorial.
5. The party consisted of _____________ who brought Ms. Hanff small gifts.
(a) Rare book dealers.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
2. What did they do at this location?
3. About what did they talk?
4. Ms. Hanff went to see Buckingham Palace in hopes of what?
5. What had her brother given her?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)