|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 16; Saturday, July 17; Sunday, July 18; Monday, July 19; Tuesday, July 20; Wednesday, July 21; Thursday, July 22; Friday, July 23; Saturday, July 24; Sunday, July 25; and Monday, July 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are two themes of the novel that are touched upon?
(a) Friendship and fanfare.
(b) Family and poverty.
(c) Luxury and friendship.
(d) Poverty and desire.
2. Afterward, they went back to Laura's for _______ and then returned to London.
3. How did this fan help Ms. Hanff?
(a) He contacted her hotel to send a shuttle bus to pick her up.
(b) He called a cab for her.
(c) He helped her through Customs and to find Nora and Sheila.
(d) He carried her bags to her rental car.
4. Ms. Hanff went to the Actor's Church to see whose ashes?
(a) Princess Diana's.
(b) Clark Gable's.
(c) Ellen Terry's.
(d) King Henry the VIII's.
5. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the ceremony of the guards?
(a) They only stop at night.
(b) They had done that every night for more than seven hundred years.
(c) They had been doing this for over one thousand years.
(d) They do this every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eddie and Isabel were conservative people at home. How did they act in London?
2. Ms. Hanff thinks how a park reflects the people of the city it is in, and how much she would miss ________________ if she ever left New York.
3. Nora gave Ms. Hanff some pictures of whom to take home?
4. Describe Ms. Hanff's hotel room.
5. That night, Ms. Hanff went to dinner with whom?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)