|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 16; Saturday, July 17; Sunday, July 18; Monday, July 19; Tuesday, July 20; Wednesday, July 21; Thursday, July 22; Friday, July 23; Saturday, July 24; Sunday, July 25; and Monday, July 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Ms. Hanff unable to see Joyce Grenfell present a dialogue at a church?
(a) She got lost.
(b) Her dinner plans lasted longer than planned.
(c) She could not find the church.
(d) She became ill.
2. What was realized when she arrived here?
(a) The store was closed by then.
(b) The store was busy.
(c) Her room was being cleaned.
(d) The play was sold out.
3. Ena asked if Ms. Hanff would do what?
(a) Paint her.
(b) Go to the National Portrait Gallery with her.
(c) Stay an extra week.
(d) Sit for a portrait.
4. That night, Ms. Hanff went to dinner with whom?
(a) Leo Marks and his wife, Ena.
(b) Nora and Sheila Doel.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) Mr. Buckley.
5. What did this stop cause?
(a) Irritation among the locals.
(b) A sensation among the villagers.
(c) Confusion in their location.
(d) A delay in their travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Ms. Hanff agree to do this?
2. Eddie and Isabel were conservative people at home. How did they act in London?
3. On Monday, July 19, Ms. Hanff met Mr. Buckley for __________ at Old Wine Shades in Martin Lane, Cannon Street.
4. Ms. Hanff thinks how a park reflects the people of the city it is in, and how much she would miss ________________ if she ever left New York.
5. This place is a ____________________.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)