|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 16; Saturday, July 17; Sunday, July 18; Monday, July 19; Tuesday, July 20; Wednesday, July 21; Thursday, July 22; Friday, July 23; Saturday, July 24; Sunday, July 25; and Monday, July 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley then drove around the city and saw what?
(a) Russell Square.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) National Gallery.
2. Ena begged Ms. Hanff not to return home too early and to consider doing what?
(a) Staying at their home with them for the summer.
(b) Staying in their country house for the summer.
(c) Renting a home for the summer.
(d) Staying at the hotel for a few more weeks.
3. Why was Ms. Hanff unable to see Joyce Grenfell present a dialogue at a church?
(a) Her dinner plans lasted longer than planned.
(b) She got lost.
(c) She could not find the church.
(d) She became ill.
4. Ms. Hanff went to see Buckingham Palace in hopes of what?
(a) Taking good photographs.
(b) Getting a tour.
(c) Learning about it's history.
(d) Spotting a royal.
5. Ms. Hanff was shocked to discover what?
(a) Henry Irving was buried there.
(b) The the play's lead was a friend of Ms. Hanff's.
(c) Big Ben had been built in 1859.
(d) The Tower of London had been used to hold royalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Grenfell drove Ms. Hanff home afterward, having difficulty finding a way to get to the hotel's front door. Why?
2. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the ceremony of the guards?
3. Afterward, she went across the street to get some cold medicine and supplies only to discover what?
4. Where else did these two walk?
5. They had lunch and then went to see _____________ and Wadham before Ms. Hanff had a temper tantrum.
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)