|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 16; Saturday, July 17; Sunday, July 18; Monday, July 19; Tuesday, July 20; Wednesday, July 21; Thursday, July 22; Friday, July 23; Saturday, July 24; Sunday, July 25; and Monday, July 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way back to his house, Mr. Buckley told Ms. Hanff about some work he did where?
(a) New York.
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) In Hollywood.
2. Later Ms. Hanff went to Pat Buckley's home where they _______________.
(a) Played bridge.
(b) Watched a movie.
(c) Had dinner.
(d) Discussed places to see.
3. Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to have lunch with whom?
(a) Muriel Spark.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) George Orwell.
(d) John Fowles.
4. Before reaching their destination, Ms. Hanff told the Colonel about what of which a friend had once sent her a postcard?
(a) A little inn near there.
(b) A monument near there.
(c) A little village near there.
(d) A museum near there.
5. About what did Ms. Hanff learn while at dinner with Nora and her daughter?
(a) English history.
(b) Life in England.
(c) More about the wife and daughter of her pen pal.
(d) Places to visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Friday, July 2, Ms. Hanff and The Colonel continued their journey to ________ where they went to the home of Laura Davidson.
2. Why was Ms. Hanff unable to see Joyce Grenfell present a dialogue at a church?
3. Because of this lunch date, she decided to visit a few ___________ sights even though she had never been truly interested in him.
4. On Wednesday, June 30, Ms. Hanff received what while attempting to eat her breakfast?
5. Who was supposed to meet Ms. Hanff at the airport?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)