|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 16; Saturday, July 17; Sunday, July 18; Monday, July 19; Tuesday, July 20; Wednesday, July 21; Thursday, July 22; Friday, July 23; Saturday, July 24; Sunday, July 25; and Monday, July 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Ms. Hanff unable to see Joyce Grenfell present a dialogue at a church?
(a) Her dinner plans lasted longer than planned.
(b) She got lost.
(c) She became ill.
(d) She could not find the church.
2. The couple told Ms. Hanff they had once gone to New York City but were too afraid of what to leave their hotel room?
(a) Getting rained on.
(b) Getting lost.
(c) Being mugged.
(d) Being murdered.
3. Ms. Hanff was asked to write three pages on what to be printed for the Reader's Digest?
(a) The museums of England.
(b) The English fan mail she received.
(c) The English tea.
(d) The English culture.
4. On Sunday, July 4, Ms. Hanff had lunch with whom?
(a) Mark Connelly.
(b) Laura Davidson.
(c) Pat Buckley.
(d) Frank Doel.
5. After lunch they went to Lombard Street where they saw what?
(a) The Crooked Street Task Force.
(b) The emblems hanging outside the banks.
(c) The Cow Hollow neighborhood.
(d) It's eight sharp turns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back at the hotel, Ms. Hanff read an article about her arrival in London and was amused by what?
2. Why did they go to this house?
3. At the hotel, who talked to Ms. Hanff?
4. This place is a ____________________.
5. That night Ms. Hanff went to a dinner party and returned to the hotel feeling like what?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)