|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 9; Saturday, July 10; Sunday, July 11; Monday, July 12; Tuesday, July 13; Wednesday, July 14, and Thursday, July 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The couple told Ms. Hanff they had once gone to New York City but were too afraid of what to leave their hotel room?
(a) Being murdered.
(b) Getting rained on.
(c) Getting lost.
(d) Being mugged.
2. Ms. Grenfell drove Ms. Hanff home afterward, having difficulty finding a way to get to the hotel's front door. Why?
(a) Because of all the one way streets that surround it.
(b) Because her car was too large for the street.
(c) Because there was a great deal of traffic.
(d) Because the road was blocked off.
3. What are two themes of the novel that are touched upon?
(a) Friendship and fanfare.
(b) Family and poverty.
(c) Luxury and friendship.
(d) Poverty and desire.
4. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
(c) New York.
5. That night, Ms. Hanff went to see a play with whom?
(a) Mr. Buckley.
(b) Nora and Sheila.
(c) Joyce Grenfell.
(d) The Colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead, what did Ms. Hanff and her friends do?
2. Who is Laura Davidson?
3. What is an important site pointed out to Ms. Hanff?
4. What was Ms. Hanff surprised to find?
5. Where was Ms. Hanff taken after she left the airport?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)