|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 9; Saturday, July 10; Sunday, July 11; Monday, July 12; Tuesday, July 13; Wednesday, July 14, and Thursday, July 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went to Deusch's to get some of her royalties to pay for what?
(a) Her souvenirs.
(b) The hotel bill.
(c) Her meals.
(d) Her travel expenses.
2. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
(a) The hotel was not set up for that sort of services.
(b) The dress could not be pressed.
(c) The dress no longer fit.
(d) The dress was not where she thought it was.
3. Ms. Hunff felt this way about the other customers until when?
(a) She realized many of them were most likely the same kind of people Shakespeare would have seen on his visits.
(b) They introduced themselves.
(c) She left the pub.
(d) She got to know them.
4. Ms. Hanff was also planning to use what to pay for her stay?
(a) Gifts from her family.
(b) Her advance on the book.
(c) Her most recent paycheck.
(d) The money she earned from a previous book.
5. Where did she eventually find herself?
(a) Walking through a prosperous neighborhood.
(b) Walking into someone's backyard.
(c) Lost in a poor neighborhood.
(d) In a coffee shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two themes of the novel that are touched upon?
2. Later Ms. Hanff went to Pat Buckley's home where they _______________.
3. First they visited the home of two elderly sisters whose house, Ms. Hanff learned, had once been haunted by a ghost who would grow upset when?
4. Was Ellen Terry also buried at Westminster Abbey?
5. Who was Ms. Hanff's fan at the airport?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)