|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 9; Saturday, July 10; Sunday, July 11; Monday, July 12; Tuesday, July 13; Wednesday, July 14, and Thursday, July 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hunff felt this way about the other customers until when?
(a) She got to know them.
(b) They introduced themselves.
(c) She left the pub.
(d) She realized many of them were most likely the same kind of people Shakespeare would have seen on his visits.
2. Mr. Buckley once showed an architect some English pubs to help him do what?
(a) Design a pub style bar in New York.
(b) Design a pub style bar in Chicago.
(c) Design a pub style bar in Cleveland.
(d) Design a pub style bar in Pittsburgh.
3. On the way, the Colonel entertained Ms. Hanff with what stories?
(a) Mistakes made at the airport.
(b) Of his childhood.
(c) How he tries to cheer travelers up in the airport.
(d) Of the British.
4. Why did they go to this house?
(a) For salmon mousse.
(b) To grill out.
(c) To watch a movie.
(d) To relax.
5. Where did she eventually find herself?
(a) Walking through a prosperous neighborhood.
(b) Lost in a poor neighborhood.
(c) Walking into someone's backyard.
(d) In a coffee shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did this stop cause?
2. Ena begged Ms. Hanff not to return home too early and to consider doing what?
3. Ms. Hanff spent most of the day in the dining room watching _________ and reading the newspaper.
4. Who was Ms. Hanff's fan at the airport?
5. Ms. Hanff received a check from Reader's Digest that made it possible for her to extend her stay for how much longer?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)