|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 9; Saturday, July 10; Sunday, July 11; Monday, July 12; Tuesday, July 13; Wednesday, July 14, and Thursday, July 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did she have a temper tantrum?
(a) She insisted upon returning to her hotel room.
(b) She insisted upon seeing Trinity College and Oriel.
(c) She wanted more time to see the sights.
(d) She wanted to go out to an expensive restaurant for lunch.
2. Buckley encouraged Ms. Hanff to visit what the following day?
(a) The Royal Chapel.
(b) St John's Chapel.
(c) The Queen's Chapel.
(d) The Guards Chapel.
3. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
(a) New York.
4. Ena begged Ms. Hanff not to return home too early and to consider doing what?
(a) Renting a home for the summer.
(b) Staying in their country house for the summer.
(c) Staying at their home with them for the summer.
(d) Staying at the hotel for a few more weeks.
5. On Saturday, July 3, Ms. Hanff got a note from Mark Connelly. Who is Mark Connelly?
(a) A playwright her mother admired.
(b) An actor.
(c) A family friend.
(d) A former employer.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Tuesday, June 29, Ms. Hanff decided to take it easy. Why?
2. The Colonel took her where?
3. Who was Ms. Hanff's fan at the airport?
4. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
5. What did Ms. Hanff do when she found out the publishers were not giving out her address to her fans?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)