|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 9; Saturday, July 10; Sunday, July 11; Monday, July 12; Tuesday, July 13; Wednesday, July 14, and Thursday, July 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are two themes of the novel that are touched upon?
(a) Poverty and desire.
(b) Friendship and fanfare.
(c) Luxury and friendship.
(d) Family and poverty.
2. Describe Ms. Hanff's hotel room.
3. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
(a) She was happy to finally be visiting England.
(b) She was upset that her penpal had died.
(c) She was unsure what to do when she arrived.
(d) She was afraid no one would meet her plane.
4. Buckley encouraged Ms. Hanff to visit what the following day?
(a) The Guards Chapel.
(b) The Royal Chapel.
(c) St John's Chapel.
(d) The Queen's Chapel.
5. Why did she have a temper tantrum?
(a) She insisted upon seeing Trinity College and Oriel.
(b) She wanted to go out to an expensive restaurant for lunch.
(c) She wanted more time to see the sights.
(d) She insisted upon returning to her hotel room.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what were they asked?
2. Mr. Buckley sent a thank you note for what?
3. Ms. Hanff drove where with The Colonel?
4. Who is Laura Davidson?
5. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)