|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 9; Saturday, July 10; Sunday, July 11; Monday, July 12; Tuesday, July 13; Wednesday, July 14, and Thursday, July 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eddie and Isabel were conservative people at home. How did they act in London?
2. On the way, the Colonel entertained Ms. Hanff with what stories?
(a) Of the British.
(b) Of his childhood.
(c) How he tries to cheer travelers up in the airport.
(d) Mistakes made at the airport.
3. What prompted her to be interested in London?
(a) She liked English architecture.
(b) She liked Shakespeare.
(c) She learned of her English Quaker ancestry.
(d) She wanted to meet her pen pal.
4. What is an important site pointed out to Ms. Hanff?
(a) London Bridge.
(b) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(c) Charing Cross Road.
(d) Big Ben.
5. On Sunday, June 20, Ms. Hanff visited ______________ where she met a ticket taker with whom she discussed roses.
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Russell Square.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) London Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Afterward, the Grenfells took Ms. Hanff on what?
2. That night, The Colonel called and when he learned of her trip to Oxford, he suggested what?
3. Ms. Hanff finally had to put her foot down when Eddie suggested they do what, without changing?
4. What is a mew?
5. Ms. Hanff had a delightful time and greatly enjoyed who?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)