|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 9; Saturday, July 10; Sunday, July 11; Monday, July 12; Tuesday, July 13; Wednesday, July 14, and Thursday, July 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went to St. Paul's Cathedral where she thought of who the entire time?
(a) Mr. Hanff.
(b) Mr. Buckley.
(c) John Donne.
(d) St. Paul.
2. On Sunday, June 20, Ms. Hanff visited ______________ where she met a ticket taker with whom she discussed roses.
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) London Tower.
(d) Russell Square.
3. Ms. Hanff visited a handful of booksellers before going to what?
(a) A play.
(b) The park.
(c) A book signing for her book.
(d) A tour of the Tower of London.
4. What are two themes of the novel that are touched upon?
(a) Friendship and fanfare.
(b) Family and poverty.
(c) Luxury and friendship.
(d) Poverty and desire.
5. That night, Ms. Hanff had dinner with whom?
(a) Jean and Ted Ely.
(b) Nora and Sheila.
(c) Leo and Ena.
(d) Mr. Buckley.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Colonel took her where?
2. Ms. Hanff went to lunch with Nora where she was told a story of how Nora and Frank once knew a rare book dealer who turned out to be what?
3. Why did she end up only buying a shoulder bag?
4. Afterward, they arrived where?
5. Later in the day, Ms. Hanff and Nora Doel were interviewed where?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)