|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 9; Saturday, July 10; Sunday, July 11; Monday, July 12; Tuesday, July 13; Wednesday, July 14, and Thursday, July 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ms. Hanff do when she found out the publishers were not giving out her address to her fans?
(a) She told them to only give out her office address.
(b) She thanked them.
(c) She told Carmen to feel free to give out the address.
(d) She became very angry.
2. Eddie and Isabel were conservative people at home. How did they act in London?
3. A guard in a wool uniform sat on what?
(a) A Hummer.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bench.
(d) A motorcycle.
4. Ms. Hanff thinks how a park reflects the people of the city it is in, and how much she would miss ________________ if she ever left New York.
(a) Central Park.
(b) Washington Square Park.
(c) Madison Square Park.
(d) Prospect Park.
5. Did Ms. Hanff agree to do this?
(a) Only at first.
(d) Not at first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the ceremony of the guards?
2. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
3. About what did Ms. Hanff learn while at dinner with Nora and her daughter?
4. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
5. How did Ms. Hanff feel about her trip?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)