|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 2; Saturday, July 3; Sunday, July 4; Monday, July 5; Tuesday, July 6; Wednesday, July 7; and Thursday, July 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Buckley took Ms. Hanff to see Syon House and ___________.
(a) Rockaway Beach.
(b) Osterly Park.
(c) Regent's Park.
(d) Ozone Park.
2. Ms. Hanff went to Deusch's to get some of her royalties to pay for what?
(a) Her souvenirs.
(b) Her travel expenses.
(c) Her meals.
(d) The hotel bill.
3. Why did they go to this house?
(a) For salmon mousse.
(b) To relax.
(c) To watch a movie.
(d) To grill out.
4. On Sunday, July 4, Ms. Hanff had lunch with whom?
(a) Pat Buckley.
(b) Frank Doel.
(c) Laura Davidson.
(d) Mark Connelly.
5. Ms. Hanff admires the calm and quiet of London, but misses what?
(a) The chaos that reigns in New York.
(b) The beaches of Los Angeles.
(c) The weather of Miami.
(d) The comforts of Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went to lunch with Nora where she was told a story of how Nora and Frank once knew a rare book dealer who turned out to be what?
2. The couple told Ms. Hanff they had once gone to New York City but were too afraid of what to leave their hotel room?
3. What are two themes of the novel that are touched upon?
4. Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley offering what?
5. What had her brother given her?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)