|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 2; Saturday, July 3; Sunday, July 4; Monday, July 5; Tuesday, July 6; Wednesday, July 7; and Thursday, July 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff was also planning to use what to pay for her stay?
(a) Gifts from her family.
(b) Her most recent paycheck.
(c) Her advance on the book.
(d) The money she earned from a previous book.
2. How did this fan help Ms. Hanff?
(a) He called a cab for her.
(b) He contacted her hotel to send a shuttle bus to pick her up.
(c) He helped her through Customs and to find Nora and Sheila.
(d) He carried her bags to her rental car.
3. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the ceremony of the guards?
(a) They had been doing this for over one thousand years.
(b) They only stop at night.
(c) They do this every day.
(d) They had done that every night for more than seven hundred years.
4. On Friday, June 18, Ms. Hanff attempted to take a shower and discovered what?
(a) The shower was not working.
(b) The shower was designed poorly.
(c) There was only a bathtub.
(d) There was no hot water.
5. Ms. Hanff was asked to write three pages on what to be printed for the Reader's Digest?
(a) The museums of England.
(b) The English fan mail she received.
(c) The English tea.
(d) The English culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did this stop cause?
2. Ms. Grenfell drove Ms. Hanff home afterward, having difficulty finding a way to get to the hotel's front door. Why?
3. What is a mew?
4. That afternoon, Ms. Hanff went for a walk in ____________ where she got lost.
5. That night, Ms. Hanff went to dinner with whom?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)