|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 2; Saturday, July 3; Sunday, July 4; Monday, July 5; Tuesday, July 6; Wednesday, July 7; and Thursday, July 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way, the Colonel entertained Ms. Hanff with what stories?
(a) Of the British.
(b) Of his childhood.
(c) How he tries to cheer travelers up in the airport.
(d) Mistakes made at the airport.
2. What are two themes of the novel that are touched upon?
(a) Luxury and friendship.
(b) Family and poverty.
(c) Poverty and desire.
(d) Friendship and fanfare.
3. Ms. Grenfell drove Ms. Hanff home afterward, having difficulty finding a way to get to the hotel's front door. Why?
(a) Because there was a great deal of traffic.
(b) Because the road was blocked off.
(c) Because her car was too large for the street.
(d) Because of all the one way streets that surround it.
4. Afterward, they arrived where?
5. Ms. Hanff was also planning to use what to pay for her stay?
(a) Her advance on the book.
(b) Her most recent paycheck.
(c) Gifts from her family.
(d) The money she earned from a previous book.
Short Answer Questions
1. At a going away party, several friends had given her a gift certificate to __________.
2. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to go for a ride where?
3. On the way back to his house, Mr. Buckley told Ms. Hanff about some work he did where?
4. That night, The Colonel called and when he learned of her trip to Oxford, he suggested what?
5. What did Ms. Hanff do when she found out the publishers were not giving out her address to her fans?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)