|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 2; Saturday, July 3; Sunday, July 4; Monday, July 5; Tuesday, July 6; Wednesday, July 7; and Thursday, July 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Grenfell drove Ms. Hanff home afterward, having difficulty finding a way to get to the hotel's front door. Why?
(a) Because of all the one way streets that surround it.
(b) Because the road was blocked off.
(c) Because her car was too large for the street.
(d) Because there was a great deal of traffic.
2. That night, Ms. Hanff met Joyce Grenfell, her husband, Reggie, and a couple from Australia where for dinner?
(a) At Clos Maggiore.
(b) At Terra.
(c) At Piccadilly Restaurant.
(d) At the Waldorf.
3. On the way, the Colonel entertained Ms. Hanff with what stories?
(a) Mistakes made at the airport.
(b) Of the British.
(c) How he tries to cheer travelers up in the airport.
(d) Of his childhood.
4. Where was Ms. Hanff taken after she left the airport?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To London Bridge.
(c) To her book signing.
(d) To her hotel.
5. At the hotel, who talked to Ms. Hanff?
(a) An employee.
(b) Another writer.
(c) The owner.
(d) A tourist.
Short Answer Questions
1. That afternoon, Ms. Hanff went for a walk in ____________ where she got lost.
2. Ms. Hanff discovers how different London is from what city?
3. Mary Scott took Ms. Hanff on a walking tour of what?
4. Ms. Hanff finds all of these people she meets to be what?
5. Where did she eventually find herself?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)