|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 2; Saturday, July 3; Sunday, July 4; Monday, July 5; Tuesday, July 6; Wednesday, July 7; and Thursday, July 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Colonel took her where?
(a) The museum.
(b) The little village.
(c) The little inn.
(d) The monument.
2. What is a mew?
(a) A church.
(b) A sound a cat makes.
(c) A converted stone barn with no windows.
(d) A garden.
3. How did this fan help Ms. Hanff?
(a) He carried her bags to her rental car.
(b) He helped her through Customs and to find Nora and Sheila.
(c) He contacted her hotel to send a shuttle bus to pick her up.
(d) He called a cab for her.
4. On Tuesday, June 29, Ms. Hanff decided to take it easy. Why?
(a) It was raining.
(b) To nurse a cold she caught.
(c) Everyone else had plans.
(d) She was tired.
5. Ms. Hunff commented on the ceremony of the guards doing what?
(b) Locking the gate.
(c) Changing places.
(d) Standing still.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was realized when she arrived here?
2. What are two themes of the novel that are touched upon?
3. What did Ms. Hanff do when she found out the publishers were not giving out her address to her fans?
4. At a going away party, several friends had given her a gift certificate to __________.
5. Describe the person in #13.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)