|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 2; Saturday, July 3; Sunday, July 4; Monday, July 5; Tuesday, July 6; Wednesday, July 7; and Thursday, July 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley then drove around the city and saw what?
(a) The Tower of London.
(b) National Gallery.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) Russell Square.
2. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
(a) The hotel was not set up for that sort of services.
(b) The dress could not be pressed.
(c) The dress no longer fit.
(d) The dress was not where she thought it was.
3. What is a mew?
(a) A garden.
(b) A converted stone barn with no windows.
(c) A sound a cat makes.
(d) A church.
4. Ms. Hanff went to see Buckingham Palace in hopes of what?
(a) Taking good photographs.
(b) Getting a tour.
(c) Learning about it's history.
(d) Spotting a royal.
5. Why did she have a temper tantrum?
(a) She wanted to go out to an expensive restaurant for lunch.
(b) She wanted more time to see the sights.
(c) She insisted upon returning to her hotel room.
(d) She insisted upon seeing Trinity College and Oriel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff spent most of the day in the dining room watching _________ and reading the newspaper.
2. That afternoon, Ms. Hanff went for a walk in ____________ where she got lost.
3. What are two themes of the novel that are touched upon?
4. Ms. Hanff had her hair done before having dinner with whom?
5. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)