|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 2; Saturday, July 3; Sunday, July 4; Monday, July 5; Tuesday, July 6; Wednesday, July 7; and Thursday, July 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary Scott took Ms. Hanff on a walking tour of what?
2. On the way, the Colonel entertained Ms. Hanff with what stories?
(a) How he tries to cheer travelers up in the airport.
(b) Of his childhood.
(c) Of the British.
(d) Mistakes made at the airport.
3. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
(a) She was happy to finally be visiting England.
(b) She was upset that her penpal had died.
(c) She was afraid no one would meet her plane.
(d) She was unsure what to do when she arrived.
4. Ena begged Ms. Hanff not to return home too early and to consider doing what?
(a) Staying at the hotel for a few more weeks.
(b) Staying in their country house for the summer.
(c) Renting a home for the summer.
(d) Staying at their home with them for the summer.
5. Of what did this place make her think?
(a) Breakfast at Tiffany's.
(b) The streets of New York.
(c) Her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went to her publishers' office from where she was taken to _____________.
2. Ms. Hanff was horrified when her friends insisted on having lunch at Claridge's without doing what?
3. Ms. Hanff had wanted to see London ever since when?
4. Ms. Hanff spent most of the day in the dining room watching _________ and reading the newspaper.
5. The couple told Ms. Hanff they had once gone to New York City but were too afraid of what to leave their hotel room?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)