|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 2; Saturday, July 3; Sunday, July 4; Monday, July 5; Tuesday, July 6; Wednesday, July 7; and Thursday, July 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went to see Buckingham Palace in hopes of what?
(a) Spotting a royal.
(b) Taking good photographs.
(c) Getting a tour.
(d) Learning about it's history.
2. Back at the hotel, Ms. Hanff read an article about her arrival in London and was amused by what?
(a) The reporter called her chic.
(b) The description of her.
(c) The length of the article.
(d) The language used in the article.
3. Later that afternoon, Ms. Hanff spent the afternoon in ________ where she recalled an afternoon in New York where she and two friends had a picnic on Dog Hill that was interrupted by a group of hungry dogs.
(a) Battersea Park.
(b) Chelsea Physic Garden.
(c) Brockwell Park.
(d) St. James Park.
4. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to go for a ride where?
(a) To Windsor and Eton.
(b) To Uxbridge and Watford.
(c) To Slough and Luton.
(d) To Gillingham and Canterbury.
5. Ms. Hanff was horrified when her friends insisted on having lunch at Claridge's without doing what?
(a) Inviting her.
(b) Returning to the hotel to change.
(c) Inviting their other friends.
(d) Making reservations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before reaching their destination, Ms. Hanff told the Colonel about what of which a friend had once sent her a postcard?
2. Ms. Grenfell drove Ms. Hanff home afterward, having difficulty finding a way to get to the hotel's front door. Why?
3. On the way back to his house, Mr. Buckley told Ms. Hanff about some work he did where?
4. The couple told Ms. Hanff they had once gone to New York City but were too afraid of what to leave their hotel room?
5. Ms. Hanff thinks how a park reflects the people of the city it is in, and how much she would miss ________________ if she ever left New York.
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)