|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 2; Saturday, July 3; Sunday, July 4; Monday, July 5; Tuesday, July 6; Wednesday, July 7; and Thursday, July 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what did they talk?
(a) The hotel.
(c) Some of the sites of the city.
(d) The neighborhood.
2. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
(a) A fellow writer.
(b) A neighbor from New York.
(c) A famous actress she had long admired.
(d) A friend of her mother's.
3. She was hoping to stay in London for how long?
(a) At least two weeks.
(b) At least two months.
(c) At least six months.
(d) At least a year.
4. What did this person recommend to Ms. Hanff?
(a) Places to buy books.
(b) Places to sit and relax.
(c) Places to eat.
(d) Places she could visit.
5. Nora drove Ms. Hanff where for dinner?
(a) To Mr. Buckley's home.
(b) To her house.
(c) To an expensive restaurant.
(d) To her daughter's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. At a going away party, several friends had given her a gift certificate to __________.
2. Later Ms. Hanff went to Pat Buckley's home where they _______________.
3. On Sunday, June 27, Ms. Hanff went to services where and instantly discovered she was the center of attention, causing her a great deal of discomfort?
4. Instead, what did Ms. Hanff and her friends do?
5. Mr. Buckley took Ms. Hanff to see Syon House and ___________.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)