|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 2; Saturday, July 3; Sunday, July 4; Monday, July 5; Tuesday, July 6; Wednesday, July 7; and Thursday, July 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That night, Ms. Hanff met Joyce Grenfell, her husband, Reggie, and a couple from Australia where for dinner?
(a) At Terra.
(b) At Clos Maggiore.
(c) At Piccadilly Restaurant.
(d) At the Waldorf.
2. Ms. Hanff discovers how different London is from what city?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
3. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the ceremony of the guards?
(a) They only stop at night.
(b) They had been doing this for over one thousand years.
(c) They do this every day.
(d) They had done that every night for more than seven hundred years.
4. On Saturday, June 19, Ms. Hanff called Pat Buckley for what reason?
(a) To ask for directions to St. Paul's Cathedral.
(b) To give him a complementary copy of her book.
(c) In response to a note he sent her about a tour of London.
(d) To see if he would like to meet for dinner.
5. That night, Ms. Hanff went to dinner with whom?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) Mr. Buckley.
(c) Leo Marks and his wife, Ena.
(d) Nora and Sheila Doel.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what did Ms. Hanff learn while at dinner with Nora and her daughter?
2. On the way, the Colonel entertained Ms. Hanff with what stories?
3. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
4. What is a mew?
5. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)