|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 2; Saturday, July 3; Sunday, July 4; Monday, July 5; Tuesday, July 6; Wednesday, July 7; and Thursday, July 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Afterward, they went back to Laura's for _______ and then returned to London.
2. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
(a) She was upset that her penpal had died.
(b) She was happy to finally be visiting England.
(c) She was afraid no one would meet her plane.
(d) She was unsure what to do when she arrived.
3. Ms. Hunff felt this way about the other customers until when?
(a) She realized many of them were most likely the same kind of people Shakespeare would have seen on his visits.
(b) She left the pub.
(c) She got to know them.
(d) They introduced themselves.
4. Ms. Hanff's fans appear to be becoming what?
(c) Her friends.
5. Later that afternoon, Ms. Hanff spent the afternoon in ________ where she recalled an afternoon in New York where she and two friends had a picnic on Dog Hill that was interrupted by a group of hungry dogs.
(a) Brockwell Park.
(b) St. James Park.
(c) Chelsea Physic Garden.
(d) Battersea Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before reaching their destination, Ms. Hanff told the Colonel about what of which a friend had once sent her a postcard?
2. That night, Ms. Hanff met Joyce Grenfell, her husband, Reggie, and a couple from Australia where for dinner?
3. What did Ms. Hanff do when she found out the publishers were not giving out her address to her fans?
4. On Sunday, July 4, Ms. Hanff had lunch with whom?
5. Ms. Hanff was asked to write three pages on what to be printed for the Reader's Digest?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)