|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 27; Monday, June 28; Tuesday, June 29; Wednesday, June 30; and Thursday, July 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
(a) She was unsure what to do when she arrived.
(b) She was happy to finally be visiting England.
(c) She was upset that her penpal had died.
(d) She was afraid no one would meet her plane.
2. Ms. Hunff felt this way about the other customers until when?
(a) They introduced themselves.
(b) She left the pub.
(c) She realized many of them were most likely the same kind of people Shakespeare would have seen on his visits.
(d) She got to know them.
3. Ms. Hanff admires the calm and quiet of London, but misses what?
(a) The beaches of Los Angeles.
(b) The weather of Miami.
(c) The comforts of Chicago.
(d) The chaos that reigns in New York.
4. That night, Ms. Hanff went to dinner with whom?
(a) Leo Marks and his wife, Ena.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) Nora and Sheila Doel.
(d) Mr. Buckley.
5. That night, Ms. Hanff met Joyce Grenfell, her husband, Reggie, and a couple from Australia where for dinner?
(a) At Terra.
(b) At Piccadilly Restaurant.
(c) At the Waldorf.
(d) At Clos Maggiore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
2. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
3. Ms. Hanff was horrified when her friends insisted on having lunch at Claridge's without doing what?
4. Ms. Hanff drove where with The Colonel?
5. First they visited the home of two elderly sisters whose house, Ms. Hanff learned, had once been haunted by a ghost who would grow upset when?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)