|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 27; Monday, June 28; Tuesday, June 29; Wednesday, June 30; and Thursday, July 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ms. Hanff surprised to find?
(a) She could get around London quite well on her own.
(b) A sizable line of people waiting for her.
(c) A large group on the tour.
(d) No one at her book signing.
2. On Friday, June 18, Ms. Hanff attempted to take a shower and discovered what?
(a) There was no hot water.
(b) There was only a bathtub.
(c) The shower was not working.
(d) The shower was designed poorly.
3. What is an important site pointed out to Ms. Hanff?
(a) Big Ben.
(b) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(c) London Bridge.
(d) Charing Cross Road.
4. They visited Marlborough House but discovered what?
(a) It was very crowded.
(b) It was under repair.
(c) It was closed.
(d) It was very expensive.
5. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Saturday, June 25, Ms. Hanff drove where with Mr. Buckley?
2. Ms. Hanff was horrified when her friends insisted on having lunch at Claridge's without doing what?
3. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
4. Ms. Hanff was ______________ the other customers.
5. Ena begged Ms. Hanff not to return home too early and to consider doing what?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)