|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 27; Monday, June 28; Tuesday, June 29; Wednesday, June 30; and Thursday, July 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back at the hotel, Ms. Hanff read an article about her arrival in London and was amused by what?
(a) The length of the article.
(b) The language used in the article.
(c) The reporter called her chic.
(d) The description of her.
2. What are two themes of the novel that are touched upon?
(a) Poverty and desire.
(b) Family and poverty.
(c) Luxury and friendship.
(d) Friendship and fanfare.
3. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
(a) She was unsure what to do when she arrived.
(b) She was happy to finally be visiting England.
(c) She was upset that her penpal had died.
(d) She was afraid no one would meet her plane.
4. Ms. Hanff thinks how a park reflects the people of the city it is in, and how much she would miss ________________ if she ever left New York.
(a) Central Park.
(b) Washington Square Park.
(c) Prospect Park.
(d) Madison Square Park.
5. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
(a) 84, Charing Cross Road.
(b) Charing Cross Road.
(c) Q's Legacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went to Deusch's to get some of her royalties to pay for what?
2. Ms. Hanff's fans appear to be becoming what?
3. On Tuesday, June 29, Ms. Hanff decided to take it easy. Why?
4. Ms. Hanff drove where with The Colonel?
5. Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley then drove around the city and saw what?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)