|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 27; Monday, June 28; Tuesday, June 29; Wednesday, June 30; and Thursday, July 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went to lunch with Nora where she was told a story of how Nora and Frank once knew a rare book dealer who turned out to be what?
(a) A drug dealer.
(b) A cop.
(c) A Russian spy.
(d) A king.
2. What did Ms. Hanff do to reassure herself they would be there?
(a) She called them.
(b) She busied herself with other things.
(c) She read their letters again.
(d) She took a nap.
3. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
(a) A fellow writer.
(b) A famous actress she had long admired.
(c) A friend of her mother's.
(d) A neighbor from New York.
4. Before going to bed, what did Ms. Hanff read through?
(a) A note Carmen had sent outlining the interviews she was to do over the next few days.
(b) The letters from her pen pal.
(c) The book she had written.
(d) Her itinerary.
5. About what were they asked?
(a) Why they decided to finally meet.
(b) What they plan to do together.
(c) How they met.
(d) What it was like meeting after so many years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did this fan help Ms. Hanff?
2. Eddie and Isabel were conservative people at home. How did they act in London?
3. Ms. Hanff was horrified when her friends insisted on having lunch at Claridge's without doing what?
4. What had her brother given her?
5. What are two themes of the novel that are touched upon?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)