|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 27; Monday, June 28; Tuesday, June 29; Wednesday, June 30; and Thursday, July 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are two themes of the novel that are touched upon?
(a) Family and poverty.
(b) Friendship and fanfare.
(c) Luxury and friendship.
(d) Poverty and desire.
2. That night, Ms. Hanff went to see a play with whom?
(a) Nora and Sheila.
(b) Joyce Grenfell.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) Mr. Buckley.
3. Afterward, they saw what play?
(a) King Lear.
(b) A Midsummer's Night Dream.
(d) The Tempest.
4. Ms. Hanff was horrified when her friends insisted on having lunch at Claridge's without doing what?
(a) Making reservations.
(b) Returning to the hotel to change.
(c) Inviting their other friends.
(d) Inviting her.
5. Ms. Hanff went to Deusch's to get some of her royalties to pay for what?
(a) Her travel expenses.
(b) Her meals.
(c) Her souvenirs.
(d) The hotel bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what was Ms. Hanff afraid?
2. Ms. Hanff's fans appear to be becoming what?
3. On Tuesday, June 29, Ms. Hanff decided to take it easy. Why?
4. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
5. On the way, the Colonel entertained Ms. Hanff with what stories?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)