|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 27; Monday, June 28; Tuesday, June 29; Wednesday, June 30; and Thursday, July 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That night, The Colonel called and when he learned of her trip to Oxford, he suggested what?
(a) He drive her and they stay overnight in Marston.
(b) He drive her and they stay overnight in Summertown.
(c) He drive her and they stay overnight in Stratford-on-Avon.
(d) He drive her and they stay overnight in Woodstock.
2. That night, Ms. Hanff went to see a play with whom?
(a) Joyce Grenfell.
(b) Nora and Sheila.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) Mr. Buckley.
3. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
(a) She was happy to finally be visiting England.
(b) She was unsure what to do when she arrived.
(c) She was upset that her penpal had died.
(d) She was afraid no one would meet her plane.
4. Later Ms. Hanff went to Pat Buckley's home where they _______________.
(a) Had dinner.
(b) Discussed places to see.
(c) Played bridge.
(d) Watched a movie.
5. What prompted her to be interested in London?
(a) She learned of her English Quaker ancestry.
(b) She liked Shakespeare.
(c) She liked English architecture.
(d) She wanted to meet her pen pal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff spent the day alone touring what?
2. What did Ms. Hanff do when she found out the publishers were not giving out her address to her fans?
3. The Colonel took her where?
4. What are two themes of the novel that are touched upon?
5. Who was Ms. Hanff's fan at the airport?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)