|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 27; Monday, June 28; Tuesday, June 29; Wednesday, June 30; and Thursday, July 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was realized when she arrived here?
(a) Her room was being cleaned.
(b) The store was closed by then.
(c) The play was sold out.
(d) The store was busy.
2. That night, The Colonel called and when he learned of her trip to Oxford, he suggested what?
(a) He drive her and they stay overnight in Woodstock.
(b) He drive her and they stay overnight in Marston.
(c) He drive her and they stay overnight in Stratford-on-Avon.
(d) He drive her and they stay overnight in Summertown.
3. Later in the day, Ms. Hanff and Nora Doel were interviewed where?
(a) At Nora's home.
(b) At the hotel.
(c) At Broadcasting House.
(d) At 84, Charing Cross Road.
4. Of what was Ms. Hanff afraid?
(a) Hostile fans.
(b) No one would show up to her book signing.
(c) Being the only one on the tour.
(d) Getting lost.
5. The Colonel took her where?
(a) The little village.
(b) The monument.
(c) The little inn.
(d) The museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. First they visited the home of two elderly sisters whose house, Ms. Hanff learned, had once been haunted by a ghost who would grow upset when?
2. Ms. Hanff drove where with The Colonel?
3. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
4. Ms. Hanff discovers how different London is from what city?
5. Ms. Hanff was horrified when her friends insisted on having lunch at Claridge's without doing what?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)