|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 27; Monday, June 28; Tuesday, June 29; Wednesday, June 30; and Thursday, July 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
(a) The dress could not be pressed.
(b) The hotel was not set up for that sort of services.
(c) The dress no longer fit.
(d) The dress was not where she thought it was.
2. Mr. Buckley and Ms. Hanff went to _________ where Shakespeare used to be a regular customer.
(a) A theater.
(b) A store.
(c) An inn.
(d) A pub.
3. Who are Nora and Sheila Doel?
(a) The friends of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(b) The daughters of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(c) The sisters of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(d) The wife and daughter of her pen pal at Marks & Co.
4. This place is a ____________________.
(a) Favorite of locals.
(b) Waste of time.
(d) Tourist trap.
5. Ms. Hunff felt this way about the other customers until when?
(a) She realized many of them were most likely the same kind of people Shakespeare would have seen on his visits.
(b) They introduced themselves.
(c) She got to know them.
(d) She left the pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff discovers how different London is from what city?
2. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the ceremony of the guards?
3. On Saturday, June 19, Ms. Hanff called Pat Buckley for what reason?
4. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
5. Ms. Hanff finds all of these people she meets to be what?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)