|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 27; Monday, June 28; Tuesday, June 29; Wednesday, June 30; and Thursday, July 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Buckley and Ms. Hanff went to _________ where Shakespeare used to be a regular customer.
(a) A store.
(b) A theater.
(c) An inn.
(d) A pub.
2. Ms. Hanff was ______________ the other customers.
(a) Interested in.
(b) Worried about.
(c) Annoyed by.
(d) Surprised by.
3. Back at the hotel, Ms. Hanff read an article about her arrival in London and was amused by what?
(a) The reporter called her chic.
(b) The length of the article.
(c) The language used in the article.
(d) The description of her.
4. Ms. Hanff was horrified when her friends insisted on having lunch at Claridge's without doing what?
(a) Returning to the hotel to change.
(b) Inviting their other friends.
(c) Making reservations.
(d) Inviting her.
5. Who was Ms. Hanff's fan at the airport?
(a) Frank Doel.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) Pat Buckley.
(d) Sheila Doel.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Sunday, June 27, Ms. Hanff went to services where and instantly discovered she was the center of attention, causing her a great deal of discomfort?
2. Ms. Hanff spent the day alone touring what?
3. About what did Ms. Hanff learn while at dinner with Nora and her daughter?
4. That night, Ms. Hanff went to see a play with whom?
5. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)