|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 27; Monday, June 28; Tuesday, June 29; Wednesday, June 30; and Thursday, July 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Ms. Hanff taken after she left the airport?
(a) To her book signing.
(b) To dinner.
(c) To her hotel.
(d) To London Bridge.
2. Ms. Hanff went to her publishers' office from where she was taken to _____________.
(a) Her book signing.
(b) 84, Charing Cross Road.
(c) A play.
(d) Her hotel.
3. Later that afternoon, Ms. Hanff spent the afternoon in ________ where she recalled an afternoon in New York where she and two friends had a picnic on Dog Hill that was interrupted by a group of hungry dogs.
(a) Battersea Park.
(b) St. James Park.
(c) Brockwell Park.
(d) Chelsea Physic Garden.
4. That night, Ms. Hanff went to see a play with whom?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) Joyce Grenfell.
(c) Nora and Sheila.
(d) Mr. Buckley.
5. First they visited the home of two elderly sisters whose house, Ms. Hanff learned, had once been haunted by a ghost who would grow upset when?
(a) They had guests over.
(b) They planned to take a trip.
(c) They stayed up late.
(d) They came home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Nora and Sheila Doel?
2. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
3. Eddie and Isabel were conservative people at home. How did they act in London?
4. Ms. Hanff had wanted to see London ever since when?
5. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)