|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 27; Monday, June 28; Tuesday, June 29; Wednesday, June 30; and Thursday, July 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff was ______________ the other customers.
(a) Interested in.
(b) Worried about.
(c) Annoyed by.
(d) Surprised by.
2. Ms. Hanff went to her publishers' office from where she was taken to _____________.
(a) Her book signing.
(b) 84, Charing Cross Road.
(c) A play.
(d) Her hotel.
3. Mr. Buckley and Ms. Hanff went to _________ where Shakespeare used to be a regular customer.
(a) A theater.
(b) An inn.
(c) A store.
(d) A pub.
4. Before going to bed, what did Ms. Hanff read through?
(a) A note Carmen had sent outlining the interviews she was to do over the next few days.
(b) The book she had written.
(c) The letters from her pen pal.
(d) Her itinerary.
5. They visited Marlborough House but discovered what?
(a) It was under repair.
(b) It was very crowded.
(c) It was very expensive.
(d) It was closed.
Short Answer Questions
1. She was hoping to stay in London for how long?
2. Later that afternoon, Ms. Hanff spent the afternoon in ________ where she recalled an afternoon in New York where she and two friends had a picnic on Dog Hill that was interrupted by a group of hungry dogs.
3. That night, Ms. Hanff went to dinner with whom?
4. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
5. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)