|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 27; Monday, June 28; Tuesday, June 29; Wednesday, June 30; and Thursday, July 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nora drove Ms. Hanff where for dinner?
(a) To her house.
(b) To an expensive restaurant.
(c) To her daughter's house.
(d) To Mr. Buckley's home.
2. Afterward, they arrived where?
3. What did Ms. Hanff do when she found out the publishers were not giving out her address to her fans?
(a) She thanked them.
(b) She told them to only give out her office address.
(c) She became very angry.
(d) She told Carmen to feel free to give out the address.
4. Who was Ms. Hanff's fan at the airport?
(a) Sheila Doel.
(b) Pat Buckley.
(c) Frank Doel.
(d) The Colonel.
5. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead, what did Ms. Hanff and her friends do?
2. What did Ms. Hanff do to reassure herself they would be there?
3. What prompted her to be interested in London?
4. First they visited the home of two elderly sisters whose house, Ms. Hanff learned, had once been haunted by a ghost who would grow upset when?
5. Later Ms. Hanff went to Pat Buckley's home where they _______________.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)