|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 27; Monday, June 28; Tuesday, June 29; Wednesday, June 30; and Thursday, July 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff thinks how a park reflects the people of the city it is in, and how much she would miss ________________ if she ever left New York.
(a) Washington Square Park.
(b) Madison Square Park.
(c) Central Park.
(d) Prospect Park.
2. Ms. Hanff went to her publishers' office from where she was taken to _____________.
(a) 84, Charing Cross Road.
(b) A play.
(c) Her book signing.
(d) Her hotel.
3. Instead, what did Ms. Hanff and her friends do?
(a) They had a pleasant dinner.
(b) They went on a tour of London.
(c) They stayed in.
(d) They saw A Midsummer Night's Dream.
4. What was Ms. Hanff surprised to find?
(a) A sizable line of people waiting for her.
(b) She could get around London quite well on her own.
(c) No one at her book signing.
(d) A large group on the tour.
5. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the ceremony of the guards?
(a) They had been doing this for over one thousand years.
(b) They do this every day.
(c) They only stop at night.
(d) They had done that every night for more than seven hundred years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went to Deusch's to get some of her royalties to pay for what?
2. Of what was Ms. Hanff afraid?
3. Who are Nora and Sheila Doel?
4. Later that afternoon, Ms. Hanff spent the afternoon in ________ where she recalled an afternoon in New York where she and two friends had a picnic on Dog Hill that was interrupted by a group of hungry dogs.
5. What did Ms. Hanff do to reassure herself they would be there?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)