|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 20; Monday, June 21; Tuesday, June 22; Wednesday, June 23; Thursday, June 24; Friday, June 25; and Saturday, June 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
(a) She was afraid no one would meet her plane.
(b) She was unsure what to do when she arrived.
(c) She was happy to finally be visiting England.
(d) She was upset that her penpal had died.
2. She was hoping to stay in London for how long?
(a) At least six months.
(b) At least two months.
(c) At least a year.
(d) At least two weeks.
3. What did Ms. Hanff do to reassure herself they would be there?
(a) She called them.
(b) She took a nap.
(c) She busied herself with other things.
(d) She read their letters again.
4. Who are Nora and Sheila Doel?
(a) The friends of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(b) The wife and daughter of her pen pal at Marks & Co.
(c) The sisters of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(d) The daughters of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
5. Ms. Hanff visited a handful of booksellers before going to what?
(a) A tour of the Tower of London.
(b) The park.
(c) A play.
(d) A book signing for her book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Later Ms. Hanff went to Pat Buckley's home where they _______________.
2. Ms. Hanff went to lunch with Nora where she was told a story of how Nora and Frank once knew a rare book dealer who turned out to be what?
3. Ms. Hanff was horrified when her friends insisted on having lunch at Claridge's without doing what?
4. Mr. Buckley and Ms. Hanff went to _________ where Shakespeare used to be a regular customer.
5. At a going away party, several friends had given her a gift certificate to __________.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)