|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 20; Monday, June 21; Tuesday, June 22; Wednesday, June 23; Thursday, June 24; Friday, June 25; and Saturday, June 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the ceremony of the guards?
(a) They do this every day.
(b) They had done that every night for more than seven hundred years.
(c) They had been doing this for over one thousand years.
(d) They only stop at night.
2. Who was Ms. Hanff's fan at the airport?
(a) Frank Doel.
(b) Pat Buckley.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) Sheila Doel.
3. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
(a) A friend of her mother's.
(b) A neighbor from New York.
(c) A fellow writer.
(d) A famous actress she had long admired.
4. What was realized when she arrived here?
(a) The play was sold out.
(b) The store was busy.
(c) Her room was being cleaned.
(d) The store was closed by then.
5. Ms. Hanff spent the day alone touring what?
(a) Regent's Park.
(b) Hyde Park.
(c) Saint James Park.
(d) Battersea Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Friday, June 18, Ms. Hanff attempted to take a shower and discovered what?
2. She was hoping to stay in London for how long?
3. Ms. Hanff visited a handful of booksellers before going to what?
4. Instead, what did Ms. Hanff and her friends do?
5. On Saturday, June 19, Ms. Hanff called Pat Buckley for what reason?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)