|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 20; Monday, June 21; Tuesday, June 22; Wednesday, June 23; Thursday, June 24; Friday, June 25; and Saturday, June 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was supposed to meet Ms. Hanff at the airport?
(a) Mr. Buckley and a fan of her book.
(b) Ms. Hanff's cousin and the Doels.
(c) Nora and Sheila Doel and a fan of her book.
(d) Frank Doel and his family.
2. They visited Marlborough House but discovered what?
(a) It was very expensive.
(b) It was under repair.
(c) It was very crowded.
(d) It was closed.
3. Mr. Buckley and Ms. Hanff went to _________ where Shakespeare used to be a regular customer.
(a) A store.
(b) An inn.
(c) A theater.
(d) A pub.
4. Later in the day, Ms. Hanff and Nora Doel were interviewed where?
(a) At Nora's home.
(b) At Broadcasting House.
(c) At 84, Charing Cross Road.
(d) At the hotel.
5. About what did Ms. Hanff learn while at dinner with Nora and her daughter?
(a) English history.
(b) More about the wife and daughter of her pen pal.
(c) Places to visit.
(d) Life in England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff had wanted to see London ever since when?
2. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
3. Instead, what did Ms. Hanff and her friends do?
4. On Saturday, June 25, Ms. Hanff drove where with Mr. Buckley?
5. How did Ms. Hanff feel about her trip?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)