|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 20; Monday, June 21; Tuesday, June 22; Wednesday, June 23; Thursday, June 24; Friday, June 25; and Saturday, June 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She was hoping to stay in London for how long?
(a) At least two weeks.
(b) At least a year.
(c) At least two months.
(d) At least six months.
2. What prompted her to be interested in London?
(a) She liked Shakespeare.
(b) She wanted to meet her pen pal.
(c) She learned of her English Quaker ancestry.
(d) She liked English architecture.
3. Ms. Hanff was horrified when her friends insisted on having lunch at Claridge's without doing what?
(a) Inviting their other friends.
(b) Inviting her.
(c) Returning to the hotel to change.
(d) Making reservations.
4. Buckley encouraged Ms. Hanff to visit what the following day?
(a) St John's Chapel.
(b) The Guards Chapel.
(c) The Royal Chapel.
(d) The Queen's Chapel.
5. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff visited a handful of booksellers before going to what?
2. On Sunday, June 20, Ms. Hanff visited ______________ where she met a ticket taker with whom she discussed roses.
3. Later in the day, Ms. Hanff and Nora Doel were interviewed where?
4. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
5. Ms. Hanff had just boarded the flight to London despite what fact?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)