|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 20; Monday, June 21; Tuesday, June 22; Wednesday, June 23; Thursday, June 24; Friday, June 25; and Saturday, June 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back at the hotel, Ms. Hanff read an article about her arrival in London and was amused by what?
(a) The length of the article.
(b) The description of her.
(c) The reporter called her chic.
(d) The language used in the article.
2. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to go for a ride where?
(a) To Uxbridge and Watford.
(b) To Gillingham and Canterbury.
(c) To Slough and Luton.
(d) To Windsor and Eton.
3. Ms. Hanff had wanted to see London ever since when?
(a) She became Frank's pen pal.
(b) She was a small girl.
(c) She had read Shakespeare.
(d) She learned about London in school.
4. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
(c) New York.
5. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the ceremony of the guards?
(a) They had been doing this for over one thousand years.
(b) They only stop at night.
(c) They do this every day.
(d) They had done that every night for more than seven hundred years.
Short Answer Questions
1. At a going away party, several friends had given her a gift certificate to __________.
2. What is an important site pointed out to Ms. Hanff?
3. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
4. Ms. Hanff had always wanted to do what?
5. What was Ms. Hanff surprised to find?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)