|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Up, Up, and Away; Thursday, June 17, Midnight; Friday, June 18; and Saturday, June 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompted her to be interested in London?
(a) She learned of her English Quaker ancestry.
(b) She liked Shakespeare.
(c) She wanted to meet her pen pal.
(d) She liked English architecture.
2. Ms. Hanff had always wanted to do what?
(a) Fly on a plane.
(b) Go to England.
(c) Visit her penpal.
(d) Visit her family.
3. She was hoping to stay in London for how long?
(a) At least a year.
(b) At least two months.
(c) At least six months.
(d) At least two weeks.
4. What is an important site pointed out to Ms. Hanff?
(a) Big Ben.
(b) London Bridge.
(c) Charing Cross Road.
(d) St. Paul's Cathedral.
5. Back at the hotel, Ms. Hanff read an article about her arrival in London and was amused by what?
(a) The description of her.
(b) The reporter called her chic.
(c) The language used in the article.
(d) The length of the article.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nora drove Ms. Hanff where for dinner?
2. Who was Ms. Hanff's fan at the airport?
3. On Friday, June 18, Ms. Hanff attempted to take a shower and discovered what?
4. What did Ms. Hanff do to reassure herself they would be there?
5. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)