|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Up, Up, and Away; Thursday, June 17, Midnight; Friday, June 18; and Saturday, June 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Saturday, June 19, Ms. Hanff called Pat Buckley for what reason?
(a) To give him a complementary copy of her book.
(b) To ask for directions to St. Paul's Cathedral.
(c) In response to a note he sent her about a tour of London.
(d) To see if he would like to meet for dinner.
2. Who was supposed to meet Ms. Hanff at the airport?
(a) Mr. Buckley and a fan of her book.
(b) Ms. Hanff's cousin and the Doels.
(c) Frank Doel and his family.
(d) Nora and Sheila Doel and a fan of her book.
3. What was realized when she arrived here?
(a) The store was busy.
(b) Her room was being cleaned.
(c) The play was sold out.
(d) The store was closed by then.
4. What prompted her to be interested in London?
(a) She learned of her English Quaker ancestry.
(b) She liked Shakespeare.
(c) She liked English architecture.
(d) She wanted to meet her pen pal.
5. She was hoping to stay in London for how long?
(a) At least six months.
(b) At least two weeks.
(c) At least a year.
(d) At least two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
2. On Friday, June 18, Ms. Hanff attempted to take a shower and discovered what?
3. Who are Nora and Sheila Doel?
4. What is an important site pointed out to Ms. Hanff?
5. What did Ms. Hanff do to reassure herself they would be there?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)