|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Up, Up, and Away; Thursday, June 17, Midnight; Friday, June 18; and Saturday, June 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff had always wanted to do what?
(a) Fly on a plane.
(b) Go to England.
(c) Visit her family.
(d) Visit her penpal.
2. Ms. Hanff had wanted to see London ever since when?
(a) She became Frank's pen pal.
(b) She was a small girl.
(c) She had read Shakespeare.
(d) She learned about London in school.
3. On Friday, June 18, Ms. Hanff attempted to take a shower and discovered what?
(a) The shower was designed poorly.
(b) There was no hot water.
(c) There was only a bathtub.
(d) The shower was not working.
4. Before going to bed, what did Ms. Hanff read through?
(a) The letters from her pen pal.
(b) Her itinerary.
(c) A note Carmen had sent outlining the interviews she was to do over the next few days.
(d) The book she had written.
5. Who was supposed to meet Ms. Hanff at the airport?
(a) Frank Doel and his family.
(b) Mr. Buckley and a fan of her book.
(c) Ms. Hanff's cousin and the Doels.
(d) Nora and Sheila Doel and a fan of her book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe the person in #13.
2. Ms. Hanff had just boarded the flight to London despite what fact?
3. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
4. What did Ms. Hanff do to reassure herself they would be there?
5. Who was Ms. Hanff's fan at the airport?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)