|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Up, Up, and Away; Thursday, June 17, Midnight; Friday, June 18; and Saturday, June 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Friday, June 18, Ms. Hanff attempted to take a shower and discovered what?
(a) There was no hot water.
(b) The shower was designed poorly.
(c) The shower was not working.
(d) There was only a bathtub.
2. Who are Nora and Sheila Doel?
(a) The sisters of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(b) The wife and daughter of her pen pal at Marks & Co.
(c) The daughters of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(d) The friends of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
3. Nora drove Ms. Hanff where for dinner?
(a) To her daughter's house.
(b) To an expensive restaurant.
(c) To Mr. Buckley's home.
(d) To her house.
4. At a going away party, several friends had given her a gift certificate to __________.
5. What is an important site pointed out to Ms. Hanff?
(a) Charing Cross Road.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(d) London Bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
2. Back at the hotel, Ms. Hanff read an article about her arrival in London and was amused by what?
3. What did Ms. Hanff do to reassure herself they would be there?
4. She was hoping to stay in London for how long?
5. What had her brother given her?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)