|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Up, Up, and Away; Thursday, June 17, Midnight; Friday, June 18; and Saturday, June 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did this fan help Ms. Hanff?
(a) He contacted her hotel to send a shuttle bus to pick her up.
(b) He carried her bags to her rental car.
(c) He helped her through Customs and to find Nora and Sheila.
(d) He called a cab for her.
2. On Saturday, June 19, Ms. Hanff called Pat Buckley for what reason?
(a) To give him a complementary copy of her book.
(b) To see if he would like to meet for dinner.
(c) In response to a note he sent her about a tour of London.
(d) To ask for directions to St. Paul's Cathedral.
3. Ms. Hanff went to her publishers' office from where she was taken to _____________.
(a) Her book signing.
(b) Her hotel.
(c) A play.
(d) 84, Charing Cross Road.
4. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
(a) She was upset that her penpal had died.
(b) She was happy to finally be visiting England.
(c) She was afraid no one would meet her plane.
(d) She was unsure what to do when she arrived.
5. Before going to bed, what did Ms. Hanff read through?
(a) The book she had written.
(b) The letters from her pen pal.
(c) Her itinerary.
(d) A note Carmen had sent outlining the interviews she was to do over the next few days.
Short Answer Questions
1. At a going away party, several friends had given her a gift certificate to __________.
2. Later in the day, Ms. Hanff and Nora Doel were interviewed where?
3. She was hoping to stay in London for how long?
4. What had her brother given her?
5. How did Ms. Hanff feel about her trip?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)