|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Up, Up, and Away; Thursday, June 17, Midnight; Friday, June 18; and Saturday, June 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Friday, June 18, Ms. Hanff attempted to take a shower and discovered what?
(a) There was no hot water.
(b) The shower was not working.
(c) The shower was designed poorly.
(d) There was only a bathtub.
2. Before going to bed, what did Ms. Hanff read through?
(a) The book she had written.
(b) The letters from her pen pal.
(c) A note Carmen had sent outlining the interviews she was to do over the next few days.
(d) Her itinerary.
3. What was realized when she arrived here?
(a) The store was closed by then.
(b) The store was busy.
(c) The play was sold out.
(d) Her room was being cleaned.
4. On Saturday, June 19, Ms. Hanff called Pat Buckley for what reason?
(a) To give him a complementary copy of her book.
(b) In response to a note he sent her about a tour of London.
(c) To ask for directions to St. Paul's Cathedral.
(d) To see if he would like to meet for dinner.
5. About what were they asked?
(a) How they met.
(b) What it was like meeting after so many years.
(c) Why they decided to finally meet.
(d) What they plan to do together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
2. Ms. Hanff had just boarded the flight to London despite what fact?
3. What had her brother given her?
4. Later in the day, Ms. Hanff and Nora Doel were interviewed where?
5. Ms. Hanff was also planning to use what to pay for her stay?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)