|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Up, Up, and Away; Thursday, June 17, Midnight; Friday, June 18; and Saturday, June 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what did Ms. Hanff learn while at dinner with Nora and her daughter?
(a) English history.
(b) Places to visit.
(c) Life in England.
(d) More about the wife and daughter of her pen pal.
2. Ms. Hanff went to her publishers' office from where she was taken to _____________.
(a) A play.
(b) Her book signing.
(c) 84, Charing Cross Road.
(d) Her hotel.
3. Nora drove Ms. Hanff where for dinner?
(a) To Mr. Buckley's home.
(b) To her house.
(c) To her daughter's house.
(d) To an expensive restaurant.
4. Ms. Hanff had wanted to see London ever since when?
(a) She learned about London in school.
(b) She was a small girl.
(c) She became Frank's pen pal.
(d) She had read Shakespeare.
5. Describe the person in #13.
(a) He was an acquaintance of her family.
(b) He was a big man who had recently been widowed.
(c) She was the wife of her pen pal.
(d) He was her pen pal for many years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back at the hotel, Ms. Hanff read an article about her arrival in London and was amused by what?
2. What is an important site pointed out to Ms. Hanff?
3. How did Ms. Hanff feel about her trip?
4. Ms. Hanff was embarrassed when?
5. What had her brother given her?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)