|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 16; Saturday, July 17; Sunday, July 18; Monday, July 19; Tuesday, July 20; Wednesday, July 21; Thursday, July 22; Friday, July 23; Saturday, July 24; Sunday, July 25; and Monday, July 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way, Ms. Hanff stopped at Grosvenor Square to see what?
(a) The fountains.
(b) The street performers.
(c) The Roosevelt Memorial.
(d) The birds.
2. What prompted her to be interested in London?
(a) She wanted to meet her pen pal.
(b) She liked English architecture.
(c) She liked Shakespeare.
(d) She learned of her English Quaker ancestry.
3. When she found a plaque announcing the location of Vivien Leigh's ashes, what did Ms. Hanff do?
(a) She began to laugh.
(b) She began to scream.
(c) She began to cry.
(d) She ignored it.
4. Later in the day, Ms. Hanff and Nora Doel were interviewed where?
(a) At the hotel.
(b) At Broadcasting House.
(c) At 84, Charing Cross Road.
(d) At Nora's home.
5. What did Ms. Hanff do to reassure herself they would be there?
(a) She took a nap.
(b) She busied herself with other things.
(c) She called them.
(d) She read their letters again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Afterward, they went back to Laura's for _______ and then returned to London.
2. The couple told Ms. Hanff they had once gone to New York City but were too afraid of what to leave their hotel room?
3. At a going away party, several friends had given her a gift certificate to __________.
4. They visited Marlborough House but discovered what?
5. Why did Ena ask her to do this?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)