|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 9; Saturday, July 10; Sunday, July 11; Monday, July 12; Tuesday, July 13; Wednesday, July 14, and Thursday, July 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before reaching their destination, Ms. Hanff told the Colonel about what of which a friend had once sent her a postcard?
(a) A little inn near there.
(b) A little village near there.
(c) A monument near there.
(d) A museum near there.
2. Ms. Hunff commented on the ceremony of the guards doing what?
(a) Locking the gate.
(b) Changing places.
(c) Standing still.
3. On the way, the Colonel entertained Ms. Hanff with what stories?
(a) Mistakes made at the airport.
(b) Of the British.
(c) How he tries to cheer travelers up in the airport.
(d) Of his childhood.
4. The couple told Ms. Hanff they had once gone to New York City but were too afraid of what to leave their hotel room?
(a) Getting lost.
(b) Being mugged.
(c) Being murdered.
(d) Getting rained on.
5. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
(a) A fellow writer.
(b) A famous actress she had long admired.
(c) A friend of her mother's.
(d) A neighbor from New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Saturday, July 3, Ms. Hanff got a note from Mark Connelly. Who is Mark Connelly?
2. Ms. Hanff was shocked to discover what?
3. About what were they asked?
4. Ms. Hanff had lunch at the Savoy with a reporter who was surprised at what?
5. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)