|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 9; Saturday, July 10; Sunday, July 11; Monday, July 12; Tuesday, July 13; Wednesday, July 14, and Thursday, July 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley offering what?
(a) To take her out on Wednesday.
(b) To take her on a tour of London.
(c) To paint her portrait.
(d) To buy her a gift.
2. Describe the person in #13.
(a) He was her pen pal for many years.
(b) He was an acquaintance of her family.
(c) He was a big man who had recently been widowed.
(d) She was the wife of her pen pal.
3. On Sunday, July 11, Ms. Hanff went to see what with Nora and Sheila?
(a) A play.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
4. Later that afternoon, Ms. Hanff spent the afternoon in ________ where she recalled an afternoon in New York where she and two friends had a picnic on Dog Hill that was interrupted by a group of hungry dogs.
(a) Chelsea Physic Garden.
(b) St. James Park.
(c) Brockwell Park.
(d) Battersea Park.
5. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
(a) The dress was not where she thought it was.
(b) The dress no longer fit.
(c) The dress could not be pressed.
(d) The hotel was not set up for that sort of services.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ms. Hanff feel about her trip?
2. Ms. Hanff had lunch at the Savoy with a reporter who was surprised at what?
3. Ms. Hanff went to lunch with Nora where she was told a story of how Nora and Frank once knew a rare book dealer who turned out to be what?
4. At the hotel, who talked to Ms. Hanff?
5. On the way to dinner, they stopped at Waterlow Park where they could see what?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)