|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 9; Saturday, July 10; Sunday, July 11; Monday, July 12; Tuesday, July 13; Wednesday, July 14, and Thursday, July 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
(a) A friend of her mother's.
(b) A neighbor from New York.
(c) A fellow writer.
(d) A famous actress she had long admired.
2. Of what did this place make her think?
(b) The streets of New York.
(c) Breakfast at Tiffany's.
(d) Her home.
3. From there, Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley went to _________ where Mr. Buckley had once been a student and saw an historic wall where many of the past students had their names carved upon graduation, including Shelley.
4. What did this person recommend to Ms. Hanff?
(a) Places to buy books.
(b) Places to eat.
(c) Places she could visit.
(d) Places to sit and relax.
5. Ms. Hanff was shocked to discover what?
(a) The Tower of London had been used to hold royalty.
(b) The the play's lead was a friend of Ms. Hanff's.
(c) Henry Irving was buried there.
(d) Big Ben had been built in 1859.
Short Answer Questions
1. This place is a ____________________.
2. Ms. Hanff had lunch at the Savoy with a reporter who was surprised at what?
3. They visited Marlborough House but discovered what?
4. The couple told Ms. Hanff they had once gone to New York City but were too afraid of what to leave their hotel room?
5. Outside the Abbey, they passed what?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)