|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 9; Saturday, July 10; Sunday, July 11; Monday, July 12; Tuesday, July 13; Wednesday, July 14, and Thursday, July 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are two themes of the novel that are touched upon?
(a) Friendship and fanfare.
(b) Poverty and desire.
(c) Luxury and friendship.
(d) Family and poverty.
2. That night Ena arrived with what for Ms. Hanff's cold?
(a) A letter.
(b) Some home remedies.
(c) A souvenir.
(d) A book.
3. Of what was Ms. Hanff afraid?
(a) Getting lost.
(b) Being the only one on the tour.
(c) No one would show up to her book signing.
(d) Hostile fans.
4. Why did they go to this house?
(a) To watch a movie.
(b) To grill out.
(c) For salmon mousse.
(d) To relax.
5. Ms. Hanff was embarrassed when?
(a) Mr. Buckley seemed excited to see her.
(b) Mr. Buckley told her to change her clothes.
(c) Mr. Buckley did not show up.
(d) Mr. Buckley seemed unhappy with the idea of her wearing pants, something she does routinely.
Short Answer Questions
1. She also made arrangements to meet a friend of whom?
2. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the ceremony of the guards?
3. Afterward, they arrived where?
4. Instead, what did Ms. Hanff and her friends do?
5. Later that afternoon, Ms. Hanff spent the afternoon in ________ where she recalled an afternoon in New York where she and two friends had a picnic on Dog Hill that was interrupted by a group of hungry dogs.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)