|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 20; Monday, June 21; Tuesday, June 22; Wednesday, June 23; Thursday, June 24; Friday, June 25; and Saturday, June 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
(a) A neighbor from New York.
(b) A friend of her mother's.
(c) A famous actress she had long admired.
(d) A fellow writer.
2. Ms. Hanff went to Deusch's to get some of her royalties to pay for what?
(a) The hotel bill.
(b) Her meals.
(c) Her travel expenses.
(d) Her souvenirs.
3. Later in the day, Ms. Hanff and Nora Doel were interviewed where?
(a) At Broadcasting House.
(b) At the hotel.
(c) At Nora's home.
(d) At 84, Charing Cross Road.
4. Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley then drove around the city and saw what?
(a) Russell Square.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) National Gallery.
5. Ms. Hanff was horrified when her friends insisted on having lunch at Claridge's without doing what?
(a) Inviting her.
(b) Inviting their other friends.
(c) Making reservations.
(d) Returning to the hotel to change.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Saturday, June 25, Ms. Hanff drove where with Mr. Buckley?
2. What had her brother given her?
3. Mr. Buckley and Ms. Hanff went to _________ where Shakespeare used to be a regular customer.
4. Ms. Hanff visited a handful of booksellers before going to what?
5. How did this fan help Ms. Hanff?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)