|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 20; Monday, June 21; Tuesday, June 22; Wednesday, June 23; Thursday, June 24; Friday, June 25; and Saturday, June 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
(a) A famous actress she had long admired.
(b) A neighbor from New York.
(c) A fellow writer.
(d) A friend of her mother's.
2. What prompted her to be interested in London?
(a) She liked Shakespeare.
(b) She liked English architecture.
(c) She learned of her English Quaker ancestry.
(d) She wanted to meet her pen pal.
3. Before going to bed, what did Ms. Hanff read through?
(a) The letters from her pen pal.
(b) The book she had written.
(c) Her itinerary.
(d) A note Carmen had sent outlining the interviews she was to do over the next few days.
4. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to go for a ride where?
(a) To Gillingham and Canterbury.
(b) To Windsor and Eton.
(c) To Slough and Luton.
(d) To Uxbridge and Watford.
5. They visited Marlborough House but discovered what?
(a) It was closed.
(b) It was under repair.
(c) It was very crowded.
(d) It was very expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was supposed to meet Ms. Hanff at the airport?
2. Ms. Hanff went to lunch with Nora where she was told a story of how Nora and Frank once knew a rare book dealer who turned out to be what?
3. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
4. Ms. Hanff had always wanted to do what?
5. Ms. Hanff was embarrassed when?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)