|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 20; Monday, June 21; Tuesday, June 22; Wednesday, June 23; Thursday, June 24; Friday, June 25; and Saturday, June 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
(d) New York.
2. Ms. Hanff had wanted to see London ever since when?
(a) She became Frank's pen pal.
(b) She learned about London in school.
(c) She had read Shakespeare.
(d) She was a small girl.
3. What is an important site pointed out to Ms. Hanff?
(a) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(b) Charing Cross Road.
(c) London Bridge.
(d) Big Ben.
4. Who was supposed to meet Ms. Hanff at the airport?
(a) Mr. Buckley and a fan of her book.
(b) Nora and Sheila Doel and a fan of her book.
(c) Frank Doel and his family.
(d) Ms. Hanff's cousin and the Doels.
5. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff went to lunch with Nora where she was told a story of how Nora and Frank once knew a rare book dealer who turned out to be what?
2. At a going away party, several friends had given her a gift certificate to __________.
3. From there, Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley went to _________ where Mr. Buckley had once been a student and saw an historic wall where many of the past students had their names carved upon graduation, including Shelley.
4. On Saturday, June 19, Ms. Hanff called Pat Buckley for what reason?
5. How did Ms. Hanff feel about her trip?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)