|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 20; Monday, June 21; Tuesday, June 22; Wednesday, June 23; Thursday, June 24; Friday, June 25; and Saturday, June 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Buckley and Ms. Hanff went to _________ where Shakespeare used to be a regular customer.
(a) A theater.
(b) A pub.
(c) An inn.
(d) A store.
2. Later in the day, Ms. Hanff and Nora Doel were interviewed where?
(a) At the hotel.
(b) At Broadcasting House.
(c) At 84, Charing Cross Road.
(d) At Nora's home.
3. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
4. Ms. Hunff commented on the ceremony of the guards doing what?
(b) Standing still.
(c) Changing places.
(d) Locking the gate.
5. Ms. Hanff finally had to put her foot down when Eddie suggested they do what, without changing?
(a) See a movie.
(b) Go to dinner.
(c) Visit her new acquaintances.
(d) See A Midsummer's Night Dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nora drove Ms. Hanff where for dinner?
2. Ms. Hanff visited a handful of booksellers before going to what?
3. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
4. From there, Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley went to _________ where Mr. Buckley had once been a student and saw an historic wall where many of the past students had their names carved upon graduation, including Shelley.
5. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the ceremony of the guards?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)