|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 20; Monday, June 21; Tuesday, June 22; Wednesday, June 23; Thursday, June 24; Friday, June 25; and Saturday, June 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Buckley and Ms. Hanff went to _________ where Shakespeare used to be a regular customer.
(a) An inn.
(b) A store.
(c) A pub.
(d) A theater.
2. What was Ms. Hanff surprised to find?
(a) A sizable line of people waiting for her.
(b) She could get around London quite well on her own.
(c) No one at her book signing.
(d) A large group on the tour.
3. Ms. Hanff was also planning to use what to pay for her stay?
(a) Gifts from her family.
(b) The money she earned from a previous book.
(c) Her advance on the book.
(d) Her most recent paycheck.
4. Later in the day, Ms. Hanff and Nora Doel were interviewed where?
(a) At the hotel.
(b) At 84, Charing Cross Road.
(c) At Broadcasting House.
(d) At Nora's home.
5. What did Ms. Hanff do when she found out the publishers were not giving out her address to her fans?
(a) She became very angry.
(b) She told Carmen to feel free to give out the address.
(c) She thanked them.
(d) She told them to only give out her office address.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley then drove around the city and saw what?
2. Ms. Hunff commented on the ceremony of the guards doing what?
3. On Sunday, June 20, Ms. Hanff visited ______________ where she met a ticket taker with whom she discussed roses.
4. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
5. Who are Nora and Sheila Doel?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)