|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, June 20; Monday, June 21; Tuesday, June 22; Wednesday, June 23; Thursday, June 24; Friday, June 25; and Saturday, June 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote what book?
(a) 84, Charing Cross Road.
(b) Q's Legacy.
(d) Charing Cross Road.
2. Later Ms. Hanff went to Pat Buckley's home where they _______________.
(a) Discussed places to see.
(b) Watched a movie.
(c) Had dinner.
(d) Played bridge.
3. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
(a) A fellow writer.
(b) A famous actress she had long admired.
(c) A neighbor from New York.
(d) A friend of her mother's.
4. Ms. Hanff went to her publishers' office from where she was taken to _____________.
(a) A play.
(b) Her hotel.
(c) Her book signing.
(d) 84, Charing Cross Road.
5. What was Ms. Hanff surprised to find?
(a) No one at her book signing.
(b) A sizable line of people waiting for her.
(c) A large group on the tour.
(d) She could get around London quite well on her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. She was hoping to stay in London for how long?
2. Ms. Hunff felt this way about the other customers until when?
3. Mr. Buckley and Ms. Hanff went to _________ where Shakespeare used to be a regular customer.
4. Who was supposed to meet Ms. Hanff at the airport?
5. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)