|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 2; Saturday, July 3; Sunday, July 4; Monday, July 5; Tuesday, July 6; Wednesday, July 7; and Thursday, July 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
(a) A neighbor from New York.
(b) A friend of her mother's.
(c) A famous actress she had long admired.
(d) A fellow writer.
2. With what was this article to be printed?
(a) An article she wrote on American museums.
(b) An article she wrote on American fan mail.
(c) An article she wrote on American tea.
(d) An article she wrote on American culture.
3. Ms. Hanff discovers how different London is from what city?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. On the way, the Colonel entertained Ms. Hanff with what stories?
(a) Of his childhood.
(b) Of the British.
(c) How he tries to cheer travelers up in the airport.
(d) Mistakes made at the airport.
5. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. That night, Ms. Hanff went to dinner with whom?
2. Ms. Hanff had just boarded the flight to London despite what fact?
3. Did she have any luck at Buckingham Palace?
4. They had lunch and then went to see _____________ and Wadham before Ms. Hanff had a temper tantrum.
5. Ms. Hanff was ______________ the other customers.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)