|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 2; Saturday, July 3; Sunday, July 4; Monday, July 5; Tuesday, July 6; Wednesday, July 7; and Thursday, July 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what did Ms. Hanff learn while at dinner with Nora and her daughter?
(a) English history.
(b) Places to visit.
(c) Life in England.
(d) More about the wife and daughter of her pen pal.
2. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley inviting her to go for a ride where?
(a) To Slough and Luton.
(b) To Uxbridge and Watford.
(c) To Windsor and Eton.
(d) To Gillingham and Canterbury.
3. Ms. Hanff spent the day alone touring what?
(a) Hyde Park.
(b) Battersea Park.
(c) Saint James Park.
(d) Regent's Park.
4. Back at the hotel, Ms. Hanff read an article about her arrival in London and was amused by what?
(a) The reporter called her chic.
(b) The language used in the article.
(c) The length of the article.
(d) The description of her.
5. Where did she eventually find herself?
(a) Walking through a prosperous neighborhood.
(b) In a coffee shop.
(c) Lost in a poor neighborhood.
(d) Walking into someone's backyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff visited a handful of booksellers before going to what?
2. What did Ms. Hanff do to reassure herself they would be there?
3. On Friday, July 2, Ms. Hanff and The Colonel continued their journey to ________ where they went to the home of Laura Davidson.
4. Mr. Buckley once showed an architect some English pubs to help him do what?
5. Afterward, they saw what play?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)