|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 2; Saturday, July 3; Sunday, July 4; Monday, July 5; Tuesday, July 6; Wednesday, July 7; and Thursday, July 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. They had lunch and then went to see _____________ and Wadham before Ms. Hanff had a temper tantrum.
(a) Ashmolean Museum.
(b) Christ Church.
(c) Balliol College.
(d) Bodleian Reading Room.
2. On Friday, June 18, Ms. Hanff attempted to take a shower and discovered what?
(a) There was no hot water.
(b) The shower was designed poorly.
(c) The shower was not working.
(d) There was only a bathtub.
3. Afterward, they saw what play?
(a) A Midsummer's Night Dream.
(c) King Lear.
(d) The Tempest.
4. First they visited the home of two elderly sisters whose house, Ms. Hanff learned, had once been haunted by a ghost who would grow upset when?
(a) They came home.
(b) They planned to take a trip.
(c) They stayed up late.
(d) They had guests over.
5. Ms. Hanff went to Deusch's to get some of her royalties to pay for what?
(a) Her travel expenses.
(b) Her meals.
(c) The hotel bill.
(d) Her souvenirs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did she eventually find herself?
2. Whose house did they go to?
3. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
4. What prompted her to be interested in London?
5. On the way back to his house, Mr. Buckley told Ms. Hanff about some work he did where?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)