|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 2; Saturday, July 3; Sunday, July 4; Monday, July 5; Tuesday, July 6; Wednesday, July 7; and Thursday, July 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
(a) The dress could not be pressed.
(b) The hotel was not set up for that sort of services.
(c) The dress was not where she thought it was.
(d) The dress no longer fit.
2. Before reaching their destination, Ms. Hanff told the Colonel about what of which a friend had once sent her a postcard?
(a) A little inn near there.
(b) A museum near there.
(c) A little village near there.
(d) A monument near there.
3. Where did she eventually find herself?
(a) Walking into someone's backyard.
(b) Walking through a prosperous neighborhood.
(c) In a coffee shop.
(d) Lost in a poor neighborhood.
4. Ms. Hanff was embarrassed when?
(a) Mr. Buckley did not show up.
(b) Mr. Buckley seemed excited to see her.
(c) Mr. Buckley seemed unhappy with the idea of her wearing pants, something she does routinely.
(d) Mr. Buckley told her to change her clothes.
5. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the ceremony of the guards?
(a) They had done that every night for more than seven hundred years.
(b) They only stop at night.
(c) They do this every day.
(d) They had been doing this for over one thousand years.
Short Answer Questions
1. That night, Ms. Hanff met Joyce Grenfell, her husband, Reggie, and a couple from Australia where for dinner?
2. Ms. Hanff found a note from Mr. Buckley offering what?
3. They visited Marlborough House but discovered what?
4. Ms. Hanff was ______________ the other customers.
5. On Wednesday, June 30, Ms. Hanff received what while attempting to eat her breakfast?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)