|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 2; Saturday, July 3; Sunday, July 4; Monday, July 5; Tuesday, July 6; Wednesday, July 7; and Thursday, July 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Saturday, June 19, Ms. Hanff called Pat Buckley for what reason?
(a) To give him a complementary copy of her book.
(b) To ask for directions to St. Paul's Cathedral.
(c) In response to a note he sent her about a tour of London.
(d) To see if he would like to meet for dinner.
2. Before going to bed, what did Ms. Hanff read through?
(a) A note Carmen had sent outlining the interviews she was to do over the next few days.
(b) The book she had written.
(c) Her itinerary.
(d) The letters from her pen pal.
3. Ms. Hanff went to her publishers' office from where she was taken to _____________.
(a) A play.
(b) 84, Charing Cross Road.
(c) Her book signing.
(d) Her hotel.
4. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
(a) She was upset that her penpal had died.
(b) She was happy to finally be visiting England.
(c) She was afraid no one would meet her plane.
(d) She was unsure what to do when she arrived.
5. Ms. Hunff commented on the ceremony of the guards doing what?
(a) Changing places.
(c) Locking the gate.
(d) Standing still.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff discovers how different London is from what city?
2. That night, Ms. Hanff met Joyce Grenfell, her husband, Reggie, and a couple from Australia where for dinner?
3. About what did Ms. Hanff learn while at dinner with Nora and her daughter?
4. What did this person recommend to Ms. Hanff?
5. Why did they go to this house?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)