|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 2; Saturday, July 3; Sunday, July 4; Monday, July 5; Tuesday, July 6; Wednesday, July 7; and Thursday, July 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Friday, June 18, Ms. Hanff attempted to take a shower and discovered what?
(a) There was only a bathtub.
(b) The shower was not working.
(c) There was no hot water.
(d) The shower was designed poorly.
2. Nora drove Ms. Hanff where for dinner?
(a) To Mr. Buckley's home.
(b) To her daughter's house.
(c) To her house.
(d) To an expensive restaurant.
3. That night Ms. Hanff went to a dinner party and returned to the hotel feeling like what?
(a) A visitor.
(b) A native Londoner.
(c) A queen.
(d) A duchess.
4. Why did Ms. Hanff feel this way?
(a) She was upset that her penpal had died.
(b) She was afraid no one would meet her plane.
(c) She was happy to finally be visiting England.
(d) She was unsure what to do when she arrived.
5. Who are Nora and Sheila Doel?
(a) The wife and daughter of her pen pal at Marks & Co.
(b) The friends of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(c) The daughters of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(d) The sisters of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Buckley took Ms. Hanff to see Syon House and ___________.
2. Ms. Hanff went out with a couple of friends from _________ who happened to be visiting London.
3. Afterward, they saw what play?
4. What is an important site pointed out to Ms. Hanff?
5. Later that afternoon, Ms. Hanff spent the afternoon in ________ where she recalled an afternoon in New York where she and two friends had a picnic on Dog Hill that was interrupted by a group of hungry dogs.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)