|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 2; Saturday, July 3; Sunday, July 4; Monday, July 5; Tuesday, July 6; Wednesday, July 7; and Thursday, July 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Buckley once showed an architect some English pubs to help him do what?
(a) Design a pub style bar in New York.
(b) Design a pub style bar in Pittsburgh.
(c) Design a pub style bar in Chicago.
(d) Design a pub style bar in Cleveland.
2. Who are Nora and Sheila Doel?
(a) The daughters of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(b) The wife and daughter of her pen pal at Marks & Co.
(c) The friends of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
(d) The sisters of her pen pal at Marks and Co.
3. What are two themes of the novel that are touched upon?
(a) Friendship and fanfare.
(b) Family and poverty.
(c) Luxury and friendship.
(d) Poverty and desire.
4. Ms. Hanff thinks how a park reflects the people of the city it is in, and how much she would miss ________________ if she ever left New York.
(a) Central Park.
(b) Washington Square Park.
(c) Madison Square Park.
(d) Prospect Park.
5. Ms. Hanff had always wanted to do what?
(a) Go to England.
(b) Fly on a plane.
(c) Visit her penpal.
(d) Visit her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. That night, Ms. Hanff went to dinner with whom?
2. Ms. Hunff commented on the ceremony of the guards doing what?
3. That afternoon, Ms. Hanff went for a walk in ____________ where she got lost.
4. On Friday, June 18, Ms. Hanff attempted to take a shower and discovered what?
5. Mr. Buckley and Ms. Hanff went to _________ where Shakespeare used to be a regular customer.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)