|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 2; Saturday, July 3; Sunday, July 4; Monday, July 5; Tuesday, July 6; Wednesday, July 7; and Thursday, July 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe the person in #13.
(a) She was the wife of her pen pal.
(b) He was her pen pal for many years.
(c) He was an acquaintance of her family.
(d) He was a big man who had recently been widowed.
2. That afternoon, Ms. Hanff went for a walk in ____________ where she got lost.
(a) Central Park.
(b) Regent's Park.
(c) Hyde Park.
(d) Prospect Park.
3. Ms. Hanff was embarrassed when?
(a) Mr. Buckley did not show up.
(b) Mr. Buckley told her to change her clothes.
(c) Mr. Buckley seemed unhappy with the idea of her wearing pants, something she does routinely.
(d) Mr. Buckley seemed excited to see her.
4. Ms. Hanff was also planning to use what to pay for her stay?
(a) Her most recent paycheck.
(b) Her advance on the book.
(c) Gifts from her family.
(d) The money she earned from a previous book.
5. Ms. Grenfell drove Ms. Hanff home afterward, having difficulty finding a way to get to the hotel's front door. Why?
(a) Because of all the one way streets that surround it.
(b) Because there was a great deal of traffic.
(c) Because the road was blocked off.
(d) Because her car was too large for the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. From there, Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley went to _________ where Mr. Buckley had once been a student and saw an historic wall where many of the past students had their names carved upon graduation, including Shelley.
2. Where else did these two walk?
3. Afterward, she went across the street to get some cold medicine and supplies only to discover what?
4. Ms. Hanff drove where with The Colonel?
5. What did this stop cause?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)