|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 9; Saturday, July 10; Sunday, July 11; Monday, July 12; Tuesday, July 13; Wednesday, July 14, and Thursday, July 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That night, Ms. Hanff met Joyce Grenfell, her husband, Reggie, and a couple from Australia where for dinner?
(a) At Clos Maggiore.
(b) At Terra.
(c) At the Waldorf.
(d) At Piccadilly Restaurant.
2. Ms. Grenfell drove Ms. Hanff home afterward, having difficulty finding a way to get to the hotel's front door. Why?
(a) Because her car was too large for the street.
(b) Because the road was blocked off.
(c) Because of all the one way streets that surround it.
(d) Because there was a great deal of traffic.
3. Where did she buy a dress?
(a) At Dillards.
(b) At a small boutique.
(c) At Harvey Nichols.
(d) At Macys.
4. Ms. Hanff's fans appear to be becoming what?
(a) Her friends.
5. Ms. Hunff felt this way about the other customers until when?
(a) She got to know them.
(b) She left the pub.
(c) They introduced themselves.
(d) She realized many of them were most likely the same kind of people Shakespeare would have seen on his visits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Later that afternoon, Ms. Hanff spent the afternoon in ________ where she recalled an afternoon in New York where she and two friends had a picnic on Dog Hill that was interrupted by a group of hungry dogs.
2. Ms. Hanff received a check from Reader's Digest that made it possible for her to extend her stay for how much longer?
3. Describe Ms. Hanff's hotel room.
4. Ms. Hanff visited a handful of booksellers before going to what?
5. From there, Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley went to _________ where Mr. Buckley had once been a student and saw an historic wall where many of the past students had their names carved upon graduation, including Shelley.
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)