|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 9; Saturday, July 10; Sunday, July 11; Monday, July 12; Tuesday, July 13; Wednesday, July 14, and Thursday, July 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff visited a handful of booksellers before going to what?
(a) A tour of the Tower of London.
(b) A book signing for her book.
(c) The park.
(d) A play.
2. On Friday, July 9, Ms. Hanff did what?
(a) Slept in.
(b) An interview.
(c) Left for New York.
(d) Stayed in the hotel.
3. On Monday, June 28, Ms. Hanff attempted to get her silk dress pressed, but discovered what?
(a) The hotel was not set up for that sort of services.
(b) The dress was not where she thought it was.
(c) The dress could not be pressed.
(d) The dress no longer fit.
4. What did Ms. Hanff learn about the ceremony of the guards?
(a) They only stop at night.
(b) They had done that every night for more than seven hundred years.
(c) They do this every day.
(d) They had been doing this for over one thousand years.
5. On the way, the Colonel entertained Ms. Hanff with what stories?
(a) Of his childhood.
(b) How he tries to cheer travelers up in the airport.
(c) Of the British.
(d) Mistakes made at the airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff finds all of these people she meets to be what?
2. Ms. Hanff drove where with The Colonel?
3. From there, Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley went to _________ where Mr. Buckley had once been a student and saw an historic wall where many of the past students had their names carved upon graduation, including Shelley.
4. Ms. Hanff was horrified when her friends insisted on having lunch at Claridge's without doing what?
5. This place is a ____________________.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)