|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 9; Saturday, July 10; Sunday, July 11; Monday, July 12; Tuesday, July 13; Wednesday, July 14, and Thursday, July 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff had lunch at the Savoy with a reporter who was surprised at what?
(a) How many friends Ms. Hanff had made.
(b) How happy Ms. Hanff had been in London.
(c) How long Ms. Hanff had been in London.
(d) All that Ms. Hanff had seen.
2. Of what was Ms. Hanff afraid?
(a) No one would show up to her book signing.
(b) Hostile fans.
(c) Being the only one on the tour.
(d) Getting lost.
3. On Sunday, June 20, Ms. Hanff visited ______________ where she met a ticket taker with whom she discussed roses.
(a) Russell Square.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) London Tower.
(d) Big Ben.
4. On Wednesday, June 30, Ms. Hanff received what while attempting to eat her breakfast?
(a) A letter.
(b) A text.
(c) Several phone calls.
(d) A fax.
5. Ms. Hanff got a call from a fan who invited her to visit ___________. Ms. Hanff agreed because she wanted to see the college that John Donne, John Henry Newmann, and Arthur Quiller-Couch had attended, three writers whom Ms. Hanff credits with teaching her a great deal about writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Hanff received a check from Reader's Digest that made it possible for her to extend her stay for how much longer?
2. Ms. Hanff was shocked to discover what?
3. What did Ms. Hanff do when she found out the publishers were not giving out her address to her fans?
4. What happened when she tried to have lunch in the shop?
5. Afterward, they arrived where?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)