|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 9; Saturday, July 10; Sunday, July 11; Monday, July 12; Tuesday, July 13; Wednesday, July 14, and Thursday, July 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff and Mr. Buckley then drove around the city and saw what?
(a) The Tower of London.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) Russell Square.
(d) National Gallery.
2. When she was done, why did she take the bus?
(a) It was raining.
(b) She wanted to see what the city looked like from a bus.
(c) She was tired.
(d) She did not feel well.
3. On the way to dinner, they stopped at Waterlow Park where they could see what?
(a) The dome of St. Paul's Cathedral.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) Mr. Hanff's hotel.
4. Ms. Grenfell drove Ms. Hanff home afterward, having difficulty finding a way to get to the hotel's front door. Why?
(a) Because of all the one way streets that surround it.
(b) Because there was a great deal of traffic.
(c) Because her car was too large for the street.
(d) Because the road was blocked off.
5. When she returned to the hotel, Ms. Hanff found a note waiting for her from Joyce Grenfell. Who is Joyce?
(a) A neighbor from New York.
(b) A famous actress she had long admired.
(c) A friend of her mother's.
(d) A fellow writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way, the Colonel entertained Ms. Hanff with what stories?
2. Eddie and Isabel were conservative people at home. How did they act in London?
3. Why was Ms. Hanff unable to see Joyce Grenfell present a dialogue at a church?
4. Instead, what did Ms. Hanff and her friends do?
5. Ms. Hanff was ______________ the other customers.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)