|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 9; Saturday, July 10; Sunday, July 11; Monday, July 12; Tuesday, July 13; Wednesday, July 14, and Thursday, July 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Hanff was shocked to discover what?
(a) The the play's lead was a friend of Ms. Hanff's.
(b) Henry Irving was buried there.
(c) Big Ben had been built in 1859.
(d) The Tower of London had been used to hold royalty.
2. What are two themes of the novel that are touched upon?
(a) Family and poverty.
(b) Friendship and fanfare.
(c) Luxury and friendship.
(d) Poverty and desire.
3. Ms. Hanff's fans appear to be becoming what?
(b) Her friends.
4. Why did Ena ask her to do this?
(a) She was a portrait artist and had done the portraits of some celebrities.
(b) She wanted company at the museum.
(c) She wanted a portrait done of herself.
(d) She wanted to spend more time with Ms. Hanff.
5. Afterward, she went across the street to get some cold medicine and supplies only to discover what?
(a) They were out of all the cold medication.
(b) A bulletin board covered in questionable advertisements.
(c) The store was closed.
(d) They did not sell cold medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Ms. Hanff's hotel room.
2. What did Ms. Hanff do when she found out the publishers were not giving out her address to her fans?
3. Ms. Hunff commented on the ceremony of the guards doing what?
4. On the way, the Colonel entertained Ms. Hanff with what stories?
5. Ms. Hanff met the Grenfells for dinner where?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)