* Ms. Hanff boarded the flight to London despite the fact that she had just been released from the hospital after an unscheduled surgery.
* At a going away party, she received gift certificates and money; she was hoping to stay in London at least two weeks.
* Ms. Hanff was going to England to promote the publication of her book, 84, Charing Cross Road.
* Ms. Hanff was nervous and frightened that no one would meet her plane.
* Nora and Sheila Doel, the wife and daughter of her pen pal at Marks & Co. were supposed to meet her, as was a fan of her book who had written and told her he worked at the airport.
* Ms. Hanff read their letters again to reassure herself they would be there.
* The Colonel, her fan, was waiting when she landed; he helped...
This section contains 2,207 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)