|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Levi think is the stereotype of the SS?
2. According to Levi, what lessened the perpetrators' guilt?
3. How do young people refer to the SS?
4. Which of the following was NOT a reason people did not flee beforehand?
5. During World War I, which trait characterized the relationship between antagonists?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What would you have done if you were recruited to be a sonderkommando? How do you think you would have handled being in that situation?
Essay Topic 2
Why are survivors' stories an important part of understanding the Holocaust and World War II. Why might survivors' stories not tell us the complete picture?
Essay Topic 3
This is a book that has more than one theme. In your mind, what is the main theme of the book? Discuss how it is explored throughout the book.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)