|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the tattoos gratuitous?
2. How did most Germans feel after Hitler is defeated in the war?
3. At which camp is there NO rebellion?
4. What was one aspect in which life in the lager that was a caricature of army life?
5. According to Levi, what were people who were denied freedom in a place where freedom was considered a right expected to do?
Essay Topic 1
One of the main themes of the book is that those who did not experience the lagers cannot judge anyone for how they acted while they were there. Do you agree or disagree with this? Why? Give examples from the book and your own ideas to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why do the Nazis need or want prisoners in the lagers to be collaborators? Discuss different kinds of collaborators and how they benefited the Nazi agenda.
Essay Topic 3
"Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
1) Discuss this quote in reference to life during the Nazi era for Jews in the ghettos and lagers.
2) Discuss this quote in reference to Nazi officials and SS guards.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)