|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Levi think about the experiences of lager survivors?
2. What is Germany now considered?
3. Who was best able to learn the lager's first lesson?
4. When was Levi tempted to pray?
5. What does Levi consider the duty of historians?
Essay Topic 1
Many survivors, Levi included, tell their stories so that the world can learn from their experience. We know that genocide has happened since World War II in different parts of the world. Analyze the extent to which you think hearing survivors' stories helps prevent another atrocity.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the writing style and the tone of the book. How does it contribute to the overall impact of the book?
Essay Topic 3
How did the treatment of prisoners change over the course of the war? What happened as the Nazis began to suffer defeats on the battlefields?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)