|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was NOT a reason that Jews have no where to run?
(a) They had no relatives.
(b) They had no jobs.
(c) They had no citizenship.
(d) They had no property.
2. According to H.L., what are young Germans tired of feeling?
3. With whom did Mala Zimetbaum try to escape?
(d) An Italian Jew.
4. Who did the Nazis conduct medical experiments on?
5. Who was Elias?
(a) A dwarf.
(b) An intellectual.
(c) A kapo.
(d) An scientist.
Short Answer Questions
1. If an escapee was found, what happened?
2. What was one aspect in which life in the lager that was a caricature of army life?
3. In what year is Survival in Auschwitz first published?
4. Which characterizes the relationship between Amery and Levi after Liberation?
5. Who were most traumatized by relieving themselves in public?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the last stereotype that the author tries to dissuade?
2. What is Levi's explanation for why Jews did not try to escape?
3. Why does Levi want Survival in Auschwitz to be published in German?
4. Who were counted at roll calls?
5. Why is Levi interested in corresponding with H.L., the student from Bavaria?
6. What was special about Mala Zimetbaum?
7. What happened in the roll call when a prisoner was missing?
8. What happened to intellectuals who did manage to flee Germany "beforehand?"
9. Summarize Levi's response to Dr. T.H. of Hamburg.
10. How did Levi feel after he kicked Elias?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)