|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to corpses?
(a) They were returned to family members.
(b) They were allowed to decompose.
(c) They were given a proper burial.
(d) They were turned into industrial products.
2. Why does H.L. detest herself?
(a) She loves her mother despite her actions.
(b) She does not feel shame for her peoples' actions.
(c) She loves her country.
(d) She sees the German type in her personality.
3. How do young people refer to the SS?
(a) As evildoers.
(b) As torturers.
(c) As guardians.
(d) As liberators.
4. What does Levi consider all SS and all Germans in general to be?
5. Which characterizes the relationship between Amery and Levi after Liberation?
(a) They visit each other often.
(b) They never see each other.
(c) They both flee to Belgium.
(d) They travel to Italy together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the core of what lager survivors have to say?
2. To whom does Levi send his only irate letter?
3. What does Levi correspond with H.L. about?
4. Who does Amery think survive in higher numbers?
5. What saved Levi from the gas chambers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Dr. T.H.'s letter to Levi.
2. Why does Levi think the Nazis waged a suicidal war?
3. What did Levi learn through the study of chemistry?
4. Why were prisoners ordered to take their valuables with them on their journey to the lager?
5. What did the women at Birkenau use their bowls for?
6. Explain the relationship between Levi and his German publisher and translator.
7. Summarize Levi's response to Dr. T.H. of Hamburg.
8. What did the roll call drills reinforce in the prisoners?
9. Describe the relationship between Amery and Levi after liberation.
10. Why is Levi interested in corresponding with H.L., the student from Bavaria?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)