|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was particularly offended by being tattooed?
(b) Italian Jews.
(c) Orthodox Jews.
(d) Devout Christians.
2. Which of the following was NOT a purpose that the lagers serve for the Nazis?
(a) Extending German control throughout Europe.
(b) Slave labor.
(c) Killing inferior races.
(d) Eliminating political adversaries.
3. What does Levi think of the theory that mankind cannot do without conflict?
(a) He disagrees with it.
(b) He somewhat agrees with it.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He strongly agrees with it.
4. What happened to Germans who were found helping Jews escape?
(a) They suffered at the hands of the Gestapo.
(b) They were unable to get jobs.
(c) They were considered prisoners of war.
(d) They risked being sent to the lagers.
5. From which camp did Mala Zimetbaum try to escape?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one aspect in which life in the lager that was a caricature of army life?
2. What is Germany now considered?
3. What do Amery and Levi agree about cultivated people?
4. During the early part of the 1960s, about how many letters did Levi receive?
5. According to Levi, what made young Germans hate Jews?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Amery and Levi after liberation.
2. Summarize Levi's response to Dr. T.H. of Hamburg.
3. What is Levi's explanation for why Jews did not try to escape?
4. List some examples of the violence that stems from World War II.
5. Why does Levi think the Nazis waged a suicidal war?
6. Who does Levi consider responsible for the horrors of the lagers?
7. Why were prisoners ordered to take their valuables with them on their journey to the lager?
8. How does Levi explain the stereotype of rebellion?
9. What is the last stereotype that the author tries to dissuade?
10. Who were counted at roll calls?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)