|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the war, what was used as mattress ticking?
(a) Human hair.
(b) Dirty rags.
2. Levi corresponds with Hety S. of Wiesbaden for approximately how many years?
3. In what year was Amery arrested by the Gestapo?
4. Who did the Nazis conduct medical experiments on?
5. During the early part of the 1960s, about how many letters did Levi receive?
6. What does Levi consider all SS and all Germans in general to be?
7. How many times did Levi fight back against a fellow prisoner?
(a) Numerous times.
(b) Three times.
8. Who was particularly offended by being tattooed?
(a) Orthodox Jews.
(b) Italian Jews.
(d) Devout Christians.
9. What does W.A. from Wurtemberg write about?
(a) Not knowing about Auschwitz despite living nearby.
(b) A feeling of shame on behalf of other Germans.
(c) The help the book brings to Germans.
(d) How people cannot hide behind others.
10. What is the core of what lager survivors have to say?
(a) Violence is useless.
(b) Survival is difficult.
(c) It will happen again.
(d) It can happen again.
11. How did most Germans feel after Hitler is defeated in the war?
12. Which is something that prisoners did receive provisions for?
13. What was Hitler's intention from the start of the war?
(a) Elimination of political adversaries.
(b) German control of the world.
(c) German control of Europe.
(d) Elimination of the Jews.
14. Which characterizes the relationship between Amery and Levi after Liberation?
(a) They both flee to Belgium.
(b) They travel to Italy together.
(c) They never see each other.
(d) They visit each other often.
15. Which of the following is NOT a reason Levi considers the German people guilty?
(a) Men signed up to become SS guards.
(b) Germans got clothing from Auschwitz.
(c) Industrialists hired slaves.
(d) Hitler changed his ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Levi, which of the following was NOT a reason that Germans followed Hitler?
2. Which statement is true of the rebellions?
3. What did train convoys from Italy carry?
4. What does Hety claim about Albert Speer after her interview with him?
5. Which of the following was NOT a reason people did not flee beforehand?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)