|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hitler demonstrated that a war fought in the industrial era can be damaging even without _____________.
(a) Nuclear weapons.
(b) A strong alliance.
(c) World wide support.
(d) A dedicated army.
2. When were Eichmann and Hoss born?
(a) During the height of the Third Reich's power.
(b) After Hitler killed himself.
(c) When Hitler was the leader of Germany.
(d) Before the Third Reich came to power.
3. What does Levi think of the theory of incommunicability?
(a) That it is true.
(b) That it offers hope for survivors.
(c) That it is partially true.
(d) That it is false.
4. What does Levi call the daily rituals of the lager?
(a) "A struggle for cleanliness."
(b) "A subversion of dignity."
(c) "An offense to modesty."
(d) "A rhythm of suffering."
5. How often did Monowitz receive new prisoners?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells criminals to claim "I don't remember?"
2. With which statement about Eichmann and Hoss would Levi agree?
3. What did Levi do when he was tempted to pray?
4. What does Levi contend about survivors' memories?
5. Levi discussed the issue of memory through the character of Count Ugolino by which author?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)