|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Stereotypes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one aspect in which life in the lager that was a caricature of army life?
(a) Following orders.
(b) Making bunk beds.
(c) Carrying weapons.
(d) Eating soup rations.
2. Which of the following did Levi think is the worst crime of the Nazis?
(a) Killing millions of Jews.
(b) Causing people to lose faith.
(c) Shifting guilt to the victims.
(d) Giving prisoners too little food.
3. What do victims tend to do when they remember?
(a) Assign blame to themselves.
(b) Focus on the worst situations.
(c) Skim over painful episodes.
(d) Remember every detail exactly as it happened.
4. What did the other prisoners think about the Sonderkommandos?
(a) They thought they were courageous for doing the dirty work.
(b) They admired their strength of character.
(c) They wondered what it must be like to be debased.
(d) They deplored them for working for the oppressors.
5. What does Levi consider the duty of historians?
(a) To tell the story of survivors.
(b) To explain the feeling of extreme hunger.
(c) To examine stereotypes.
(d) To describe a state of constant fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the best description of Chaim Rumkowski?
2. What was the lager's first lesson?
3. According to Levi, what happened to prisoners who know no German?
4. What happened to Germans who were found helping Jews escape?
5. Monowitz was part of which camp?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)