|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Stereotypes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Levi, what creates a "convenient reality?"
(a) Telling outright lies about one's behavior.
(b) Merging one's story with the stories of other survivors.
(c) Focusing on only the positive memories.
(d) Substituting less painful memories for horrific acts.
2. What does the theory of incommunicability from the 1970s state?
(a) Talk is a veil over existential silence.
(b) People can and should talk.
(c) People's messages are understood.
(d) Talk is an antidote to negative silence.
3. Which is the best description of Chaim Rumkowski?
(a) He was a benevolent leader and a father.
(b) He ws a prisoner and a good singer.
(c) He was a dictator and an good administrator.
(d) He was a German official and the messiah.
4. What happened to corpses?
(a) They were returned to family members.
(b) They were given a proper burial.
(c) They were allowed to decompose.
(d) They were turned into industrial products.
5. When was Primo Levi brought to Auschwitz?
(a) In the middle of the war.
(b) Near the end of the war.
(c) Before Germany invaded Italy.
(d) In the first months of the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Levi's friend Alberto stop being critical of those who consoled themselves with illusions?
2. Who orated in the style of Hitler?
3. If an escapee was found, what happened?
4. Which was NOT a reason that Jews have no where to run?
5. What was Hitler's intention from the start of the war?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)