|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Intellectual in Auschwitz.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What function did ghettos serve?
(a) They gave Jews a safe place to live.
(b) They kept offensive books away from people.
(c) They assisted people in learning new languages.
(d) They cut off communication between people.
2. Why did Levi's Kapo disappear?
(a) A prisoner switched his number on a list.
(b) A prisoner assigned him to another barracks.
(c) He escaped the camp.
(d) He collaborated with the Nazis.
3. What does Levi contend about survivors' memories?
(a) They need to be documented.
(b) They should not be believed.
(c) They lead to nightmares.
(d) They blur over time.
4. What did Louis Darquier de Pellepoix do after he was caught?
(a) He blamed the authoritative nature of the Nazi party.
(b) He denied his part in deportations and gas chambers.
(c) He blamed Eichmann and Hoss for his crimes.
(d) He admitted all of the crimes that he committed during the war.
5. How did prisoners who speak Yiddish look upon Italian Jews who did not speak it?
(a) With suspicion.
(b) With fear.
(c) As non-Jews.
(d) As traitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Levi think is the worst crime of the Nazis?
2. Which characterized the German spoken in the Lager?
3. Monowitz was part of which camp?
4. What were Kapos?
5. Who employed Levi?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)