|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Intellectual in Auschwitz.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Levi fight back against a fellow prisoner?
(a) Numerous times.
(b) Three times.
2. Which best describes historians forty years after liberation?
(a) They have finished studying World War II.
(b) They distrust survivors' memories of events.
(c) They only want to learn about first-arrival impressions.
(d) They still have much to learn about camp life.
3. According to Levi, why did prisoners not commit suicide?
(a) Their whole existence wa wrapped up in survival.
(b) There were no means by which to do so in the lager.
(c) Religious people think suicide is an affront to God.
(d) The prisoners were hopeful that they would be freed any day.
4. According to Levi, what happened to prisoners who know no German?
(a) They had translators who helped them.
(b) They escaped into a world of silence.
(c) They had an especially hard time in the lager.
(d) They were kept unaware of the horrors around them.
5. When Levi's squad was clearing rubble, what did he find?
(a) New shoes.
(b) A heel of bread.
(c) A gold bracelet.
(d) Fresh water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Levi think is the worst crime of the Nazis?
2. After the war, what was a major source of reconstructing what happened?
3. Which characterizes the relationship between Amery and Levi after Liberation?
4. According to Levi, who may judge collaborators?
5. According to Levi, what happens when a story is often retold?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)