|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Communicating.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Levi feel the Germans suffered "willed ignorance" about the camps?
(a) The prisoners in the camps were all hardened criminals.
(b) They were happy to be getting supplies during war time.
(c) They knew that liberation would be coming soon.
(d) Slave labor was an entrenched part of German society.
2. According to Levi, what happens when a story is often retold?
(a) It becomes set in stone.
(b) It is a universal truth.
(c) It will become boring.
(d) It can be adorned.
3. According to Levi, what can cause victims' memories to drift?
4. What does Levi consider the vast shame?
(a) That there was evil in the lagers.
(b) That a nuclear apocalypse will occur.
(c) That the German people tried not to see.
(d) That the world ignored what was happening.
5. With which statement about Eichmann and Hoss would Levi agree?
(a) They had no choice in becoming Nazi officials.
(b) They should not have been punished for their actions.
(c) They suffered from memories of what they did during the war.
(d) They joined the Nazi party opportunistically.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did new prisoners bring with them?
2. Who confronts Levi after liberation?
3. What happened to Levi's tattoo after the war?
4. What did all prisoners do during their internment?
5. According to Levi, why did prisoners not commit suicide?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)