|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Communicating.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Levi discussed the issue of memory through the character of Count Ugolino by which author?
2. From where did Monowitz receive new prisoners?
(a) Across Europe.
(d) The United States.
3. What nationality is Primo Levi?
4. What does Levi consider the vast shame?
(a) That a nuclear apocalypse will occur.
(b) That the world ignored what was happening.
(c) That the German people tried not to see.
(d) That there was evil in the lagers.
5. According to Levi, when do survivors experience angst?
(a) When they communicate too much.
(b) When they refuse to communicate.
(c) When they tell their stories to their families.
(d) When they hear other Germans' stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Levi's squad was clearing rubble, what did he find?
2. Which best describes historians forty years after liberation?
3. According to Levi, why did prisoners not commit suicide?
4. What is Primo Levi's profession?
5. The Third Reich did all of the following to stay in power except:
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)