|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Communicating.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Germans often coerce prisoners into being collaborators?
(a) By ordering them at gunpoint.
(b) By giving them more soup.
(c) By appealing to their love of power.
(d) By giving them new shoes.
2. From where did Monowitz receive new prisoners?
(b) The United States.
(d) Across Europe.
3. After lberation, how did Levi feel about God?
(a) He was a strong believer in God.
(b) He did not believe in God.
(c) He thought God was merciless.
(d) He thought God was unjust.
4. Which characterized the German spoken in the Lager?
(a) It was overly simplistic.
(b) It was a harsh version of the language.
(c) It was a refined version of the language.
(d) It was a dialect that has some Yiddish mixed in.
5. According to Levi, why did prisoners not commit suicide?
(a) Their whole existence wa wrapped up in survival.
(b) Religious people think suicide is an affront to God.
(c) There were no means by which to do so in the lager.
(d) The prisoners were hopeful that they would be freed any day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT a common justification that Nazis used when confessing?
2. What did all prisoners do during their internment?
3. Levi discussed the issue of memory through the character of Count Ugolino by which author?
4. What happens to Alberto?
5. When was Primo Levi brought to Auschwitz?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)