|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Gray Zone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Third Reich did all of the following to stay in power except:
(a) Used propoganda.
(b) Controlled information.
(c) Created a climate of fear.
(d) Provided transparency.
2. Where did the SS recruit Sonderkommandos?
(a) In the infirmary.
(b) In the ghettos.
(c) At the train arrival station.
(d) At the work sites.
3. What did Louis Darquier de Pellepoix do after he was caught?
(a) He blamed the authoritative nature of the Nazi party.
(b) He denied his part in deportations and gas chambers.
(c) He blamed Eichmann and Hoss for his crimes.
(d) He admitted all of the crimes that he committed during the war.
4. Which best describes historians forty years after liberation?
(a) They distrust survivors' memories of events.
(b) They have finished studying World War II.
(c) They still have much to learn about camp life.
(d) They only want to learn about first-arrival impressions.
5. How did Germans often coerce prisoners into being collaborators?
(a) By appealing to their love of power.
(b) By ordering them at gunpoint.
(c) By giving them new shoes.
(d) By giving them more soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Levi, what creates a "convenient reality?"
2. What is Primo Levi's profession?
3. What was the job of the Sonderkommandos?
4. According to Levi, which statement best describes the Lagers?
5. Which of the following did Levi think is the worst crime of the Nazis?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)