|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Memory of the Offense.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hitler at the time of his death?
(a) A war hero.
(b) A fearless leader.
(c) A frustrated civilian.
(d) A deluded gambler.
2. How did most prisoners arrive at Auschwitz?
(a) On foot.
(b) By bus.
(c) By car.
(d) By train.
3. Why should survivors' stories be read critically?
(a) Each story tells the same information about the war.
(b) Survivors like to tell lies about their experiences.
(c) Survivors have a bad grasp of the German language.
(d) Each story is individual and lacks overall perspective.
4. What does Levi think about oppressors?
(a) They lie blatantly about their criminal actions.
(b) They tend to blame the victims for their bad actions.
(c) They feel better once they confess to their crimes.
(d) They rework the past to make themselves feel less guilty.
5. How did Nazi commanders protect the consciousness of people they assign to do dirty work?
(a) They provided psychological counseling.
(b) They plied them with alcohol.
(c) They rewarded them with prizes.
(d) They promised that they will go to heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Primo Levi's profession?
2. At what point did Hitler begin denying the truth?
3. Why does Levi feel the Germans suffered "willed ignorance" about the camps?
4. According to Levi, which statement best describes the Lagers?
5. The Nazi party was elected to power in which country?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)