|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Memory of the Offense.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which subset of prisoners does Levi think make the best observers?
(a) Italian Jews.
(b) Political prisoners.
2. Auschwitz was located in which country?
(b) Occupied Poland.
(c) Occupied France.
3. What is Primo Levi's profession?
4. Which best describes historians forty years after liberation?
(a) They still have much to learn about camp life.
(b) They have finished studying World War II.
(c) They only want to learn about first-arrival impressions.
(d) They distrust survivors' memories of events.
5. When people first heard of Nazi death camps, what was the reaction?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Levi contend about survivors' memories?
2. When were Eichmann and Hoss born?
3. When did Levi's friend Alberto stop being critical of those who consoled themselves with illusions?
4. What does Levi think about oppressors?
5. With which statement about Eichmann and Hoss would Levi agree?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)