|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Letters from Germans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which camp did Mala Zimetbaum try to escape?
2. According to Levi, why did prisoners not commit suicide?
(a) The prisoners were hopeful that they would be freed any day.
(b) Their whole existence wa wrapped up in survival.
(c) Religious people think suicide is an affront to God.
(d) There were no means by which to do so in the lager.
3. To whom did Amery compare the SS in the Ukraine?
(a) The Germans in Poland.
(b) The Athenians in Melos.
(c) The slaves along the Appian Way.
(d) The Italians in Auschwitz.
4. What does Levi call the daily rituals of the lager?
(a) "An offense to modesty."
(b) "A subversion of dignity."
(c) "A rhythm of suffering."
(d) "A struggle for cleanliness."
5. Which of the following was NOT a reason people did not flee beforehand?
(a) Immigration quotas were reduced.
(b) They were fearful of leaving the fatherland.
(c) Emigration was expensive.
(d) They did not believe Hitler's message.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the tattoos gratuitous?
2. Which best describes historians forty years after liberation?
3. Why did Germans need collaborators?
4. According to H.L., what are young Germans tired of feeling?
5. When Levi's squad was clearing rubble, what did he find?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)