|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Letters from Germans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the early part of the 1960s, about how many letters did Levi receive?
2. What happened to Levi's tattoo after the war?
(a) He got another tattoo on top of it.
(b) He had it removed.
(c) He kept it.
(d) He had color added so it looked pretty.
3. What does Levi think about power?
(a) That it is evil.
(b) That it is intoxicating.
(c) That it corrupts people.
(d) That it is necessary.
4. What did Levi use to pay for German lessons?
(a) His soup ration.
(b) His blanket.
(c) His bread ration.
(d) His shoes.
5. What predominant emotion did survivors feel at Liberation as depicted in literature and in the movies?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Levi's friend Alberto stop being critical of those who consoled themselves with illusions?
2. After the war, what was a major source of reconstructing what happened?
3. How many times did Levi fight back against a fellow prisoner?
4. What did train convoys from Italy carry?
5. The Third Reich did all of the following to stay in power except:
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)