|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Useless Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Levi, what happened to prisoners who know no German?
(a) They had an especially hard time in the lager.
(b) They escaped into a world of silence.
(c) They had translators who helped them.
(d) They were kept unaware of the horrors around them.
2. What must align at roll calls?
(a) The uniforms of the prisoners.
(b) The number of officers.
(c) The lines the prisoners stand in.
(d) The tally of people.
3. What was the place of the Sonderkommandos within the Lager?
(a) They were kept segregated.
(b) They only ate with other prisoners.
(c) They shared barracks with other prisoners.
(d) They moved about freely.
4. What happens to Alberto?
(a) He was liberated.
(b) He disappeared.
(c) He escaped.
(d) He was sent to a different camp.
5. What was one aspect in which life in the lager that was a caricature of army life?
(a) Following orders.
(b) Eating soup rations.
(c) Making bunk beds.
(d) Carrying weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Hans Biebow in relation to Chaim Rumkowski?
2. After his return, what did Levi's religious friend think?
3. The Third Reich did all of the following to stay in power except:
4. How did Nazi commanders protect the consciousness of people they assign to do dirty work?
5. Why did Germans need collaborators?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)