|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On cross-examination of Frederick Patrizi, Don Wyatt establishes that Patrizi had seen the confession tapes in the presence of all the following people, EXCEPT for whom?
2. All of the following are members of the prosecution's team, EXCEPT whom?
3. What hobby does Karl Fontenot take up to pass the time in jail?
4. How many people are staying with Tricia and Bud Wolf at the end of Chapter 11?
5. How does the jury react to Don Wyatt pulling out the skull and bones?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Miz Ward's attitude during the rehearsal cross-examination at Don Wyatt's law office in Chapter 12.
2. What theory does Don Wyatt want Richard Kerner to tell Jason Lurch to get him to talk with Wyatt?
3. In Chapter 10, explain the two opposing views of the Denice Haraway case which are prevalent as summer begins.
4. According to Bill Peterson in Chapter 17, what is the key moment in the Ward / Fontenot trial?
5. Discuss the atmosphere developing on both sides of the Haraway case as detailed at the beginning of Chapter 11.
6. According to Judge Powers in Chapter 18, what is the most critical legal question concerning the Ward / Fontenot trial?
7. Describe the opinion the attorneys have of Bud Wolf as described at the beginning of Chapter 13.
8. In Chapter 10, why does Don Wyatt want "to keep the pot boiling" all summer before the trial begins?
9. Describe the dream Tommy Ward had in prison at the end of Chapter 19.
10. Explain the testimony Don Wyatt would like to elicit from Joel Ward on Day 9 of the trial.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the disappearance in Chapter 1 reflects the central conflict in the novel and the difficulties that lie ahead.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of family to Tommy Ward as depicted in The Dreams of Ada. Give at least three examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why do both Tommy Ward and Karl Fontenot confess to the murder of Denice Haraway? How do these confessions impact Ward's and Fontenot's futures, including their credibility or reliability?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)