|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Officer Kyle Gibbs fail to receive from Lenny Timmons' emergency phone call?
2. What is the title of the sermon that is to be delivered at the Church of Christ, directly across the street from Maxine and C.L's house?
3. According to the narrator, what is the burden of proof in the Haraway case?
4. At what time does Ward finish his polygraph test?
5. What does Bud Wolf bring to Tommy Ward before Ward leaves for Eastern State Hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connection does District Attorney Bill Peterson make between his father's death and the Haraway case?
2. Describe the first degree charges filed against Tommy Ward and Karl Fontenot in Chapter 5.
3. What does Richard Kerner say is his reason for always wearing a business suit in Chapter 9?
4. Discuss the major evidence collected in the Rawlings' case as described by the narrator in Chapter 6.
5. Describe Lenny Timmons' testimony about the night Denice Haraway went missing.
6. Why does Tricia Wolf punch Bud Wolf in the shoulder while reading the newspaper at the end of Chapter 5?
7. Describe Debbie Carter's murder case as describe by the narrator.
8. Why do detectives dismiss Tommy Ward as a potential suspect in the disappearance of Denice Haraway in Chapter 2?
9. Describe the dream Arlene Cameron has in Chapter 5.
10. What alibi does Tommy Ward give to police in Chapter 2 about his whereabouts the night Denice Haraway went missing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do both Tommy Ward and Karl Fontenot confess to the murder of Denice Haraway? How do these confessions impact Ward's and Fontenot's futures, including their credibility or reliability?
Essay Topic 2
What was author Robert Mayer's purpose in writing The Dreams of Ada? Was it to inform, entertain, or persuade the reader? In your opinion, does author Robert Mayer make an effort to seem completely unbiased? Or do you believe he is trying to promote a certain position in the story? Use at least three examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of family to Tommy Ward as depicted in The Dreams of Ada. Give at least three examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)