|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Richard Kerner interview at the house on 730 West Twelfth Street?
(a) Bud Wolf.
(b) George Butner.
(c) Marty Ashley.
(d) Willie Barnett.
2. What single word is chalked on Don Wyatt's aide's blackboard?
3. At the end of Day 5 of the trial, who states, "I'm afraid of Lurch!"?
(a) Don Wyatt.
(b) Tricia Wolf.
(c) Tommy Ward.
(d) Jim Moyer.
4. Under Oklahoma law, how many months does court reporter Dawn DeVae have after the date of sentencing to complete the transcripts?
5. How many jurors elected the death penalty for Tommy Ward?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Wyatt focus on in his closing statement?
2. Who is Linda Thompson with on Monday, August 19th, when she is kidnapped?
3. Of the three charges brought against Tommy Ward, how many do the jury find Ward guilty of?
4. On Day 6 of the trial, who is the 51st witness for the state?
5. According to Tricia Wolf, what was the mood of Tommy Wolf the Sunday after the trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the reasons given by Judge Powers as to why at least three panelists are excused from the case.
2. How does George Butner feel after playing both Tommy Ward and Karl Fontenot's confession tapes to the court in Chapter 16? Explain why he feels this way.
3. According to Leslie Penn, why was he elected foreman of the jury in the Haraway case?
4. Describe the procedure used in selecting the jury in the Haraway case as detailed by Judge Donald Powers in Chapter 12.
5. Describe the opinion the attorneys have of Bud Wolf as described at the beginning of Chapter 13.
6. According to the medical examiner in Chapter 19, what happened to Denice Haraway?
7. In Chapter 10, explain the two opposing views of the Denice Haraway case which are prevalent as summer begins.
8. Why is the kidnapping of 29-year-old Linda Thompson important to the Denice Haraway case?
9. Describe Miz Ward's attitude during the rehearsal cross-examination at Don Wyatt's law office in Chapter 12.
10. What theory does Don Wyatt want Richard Kerner to tell Jason Lurch to get him to talk with Wyatt?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)