|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under Oklahoma law, how many months does court reporter Dawn DeVae have after the date of sentencing to complete the transcripts?
2. According to Bud Wolf, why did Tommy Ward cut his hair?
(a) His job made him cut his hair.
(b) He had a date.
(c) His long hair made him hot.
(d) He wanted to change his identity.
3. All of the following are requested by the jury, EXCEPT which item?
(a) Magnifying glass.
(b) Tape recorder.
(c) Confession tapes.
(d) All the exhibits, except for the skull and bones.
4. According to the narrator, which best selling novelist in the world visited Ada for research purposes?
(a) John Grisham.
(b) Michael Crichton.
(c) C. S. Lewis.
(d) J. R. R. Tolkien.
5. What single word is chalked on Don Wyatt's aide's blackboard?
Short Answer Questions
1. On October 12th, the remains in Seminole are positively identified as being __________.
2. Who is the last of Tommy Ward's siblings to see him in jail at the end of Chapter 10?
3. Who is Don Wyatt referring to when he says, "how anyone could be so stupid as to make up all those lies and think that was going to get them out of trouble"?
4. According to Tricia Wolf, who has sent her two letters for Tommy Ward?
5. How many jurors elected the death penalty for Tommy Ward?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrator in Chapter 17, why is Steve Haraway unable to watch the trial?
2. Describe the opinion the attorneys have of Bud Wolf as described at the beginning of Chapter 13.
3. Describe Tommy Ward's unusual experience on June 20th as depicted in Chapter 10.
4. Describe the dream Tommy Ward had in prison at the end of Chapter 19.
5. According to the medical examiner in Chapter 19, what happened to Denice Haraway?
6. According to Leslie Penn, why was he elected foreman of the jury in the Haraway case?
7. Describe Miz Ward's attitude during the rehearsal cross-examination at Don Wyatt's law office in Chapter 12.
8. Why is the kidnapping of 29-year-old Linda Thompson important to the Denice Haraway case?
9. According to George Butner, what is his task as the attorney of Karl Fontenot?
10. Describe the reaction of spectators at the trial after listening to Tommy Ward's taped statement as related at the end of Chapter 14.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)