|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Day 3 of the Ward / Fontenot trial, who is the first witness called to the stand?
(a) Tricia Wolf.
(b) Wayne Girdner.
(c) Melvin Ward.
(d) George Butner.
2. At the beginning of Day 6 of the trial, what is the first image that appears on the video screen inside the courtroom?
(a) Karl Fontenot.
(b) Tommy Ward.
(c) Denice Haraway.
(d) Steve Haraway.
3. Who does Richard Kerner interview on July 11th in Paul's Valley?
(a) Marty Ashley.
(b) Larry Jett.
(c) Karen Wise.
(d) Jack Paschall.
4. According to the narrator, which best selling novelist in the world visited Ada for research purposes?
(a) John Grisham.
(b) C. S. Lewis.
(c) Michael Crichton.
(d) J. R. R. Tolkien.
5. All of the following people meet at Don Wyatt's law office on Sunday, EXCEPT for whom?
(a) Jason Lurch.
(b) Don Wyatt.
(c) Tricia Wolf.
(d) Bud Wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Linda Thompson with on Monday, August 19th, when she is kidnapped?
2. The final jury consists of _________ women and _________ men.
3. When time comes to sentence Ward and Fontenot, how much time has past since they were originally arrested?
4. The judge tells the jury that they are in the custody of the __________.
5. According to Tricia Wolf, who has sent her two letters for Tommy Ward?
Short Essay Questions
1. On Day 3 of the trial, what two small victories are awarded to the defense?
2. Describe Tommy Ward's unusual experience on June 20th as depicted in Chapter 10.
3. In Chapter 10, explain the two opposing views of the Denice Haraway case which are prevalent as summer begins.
4. Why is the kidnapping of 29-year-old Linda Thompson important to the Denice Haraway case?
5. Explain the testimony Don Wyatt would like to elicit from Joel Ward on Day 9 of the trial.
6. According to George Butner, what is his task as the attorney of Karl Fontenot?
7. According to the medical examiner in Chapter 19, what happened to Denice Haraway?
8. How does George Butner feel after playing both Tommy Ward and Karl Fontenot's confession tapes to the court in Chapter 16? Explain why he feels this way.
9. In Chapter 10, why does Don Wyatt want "to keep the pot boiling" all summer before the trial begins?
10. Under cross- examination, Gary Rogers says that he had made three phone calls to Ada while questioning Tommy Ward. What person did Rogers call? Why did he call the person three times? ?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)