|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the headline of the July issue of Startling Detective Magazine?
(a) Donna was kidnapped, raped and cremated.
(b) Donna was kidnapped, raped and shot.
(c) Donna was kidnapped, raped and beheaded.
(d) Donna was kidnapped, raped and strangled.
2. All of the following people meet at Don Wyatt's law office on Sunday, EXCEPT for whom?
(a) Jason Lurch.
(b) Tricia Wolf.
(c) Don Wyatt.
(d) Bud Wolf.
3. Which side of the Haraway case seeks a plea bargain for Ward and Fontenot?
(a) Neither side.
(b) Both sides.
(c) The prosecution side.
(d) The defense side.
4. According to the defense attorneys, who is Tommy Ward's key alibi witness?
(a) Joice Ward.
(b) Willie Barnett.
(c) Miz Ward.
(d) Leo Austin.
5. Who states, "Dick Tracy in disguise...I for one am going to sleep a lot easier knowing that Mr. Kerner is out there, solving crimes by taking pictures of people and pickups..."?
(a) Don Wyatt.
(b) Jason Lurch.
(c) Bill Peterson.
(d) Ricky Brewer.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Judge Jones, how much do the jurors get paid per day?
2. What object hangs useless and dead like a mute symbol, signifying nothing in the courtroom?
3. What is the 67th witness' profession?
4. What is the date that jury selection begins?
5. Who is Don Wyatt referring to when he says, "how anyone could be so stupid as to make up all those lies and think that was going to get them out of trouble"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Miz Ward's attitude during the rehearsal cross-examination at Don Wyatt's law office in Chapter 12.
2. According to Leslie Penn, why was he elected foreman of the jury in the Haraway case?
3. Describe the procedure used in selecting the jury in the Haraway case as detailed by Judge Donald Powers in Chapter 12.
4. How does George Butner feel after playing both Tommy Ward and Karl Fontenot's confession tapes to the court in Chapter 16? Explain why he feels this way.
5. In Chapter 11, why does Charlene send Tricia Wolf two letters in August?
6. What theory does Don Wyatt want Richard Kerner to tell Jason Lurch to get him to talk with Wyatt?
7. Describe the reaction of spectators at the trial after listening to Tommy Ward's taped statement as related at the end of Chapter 14.
8. According to Judge Powers in Chapter 18, what is the most critical legal question concerning the Ward / Fontenot trial?
9. According to George Butner, what is his task as the attorney of Karl Fontenot?
10. Describe Tommy Ward's unusual experience on June 20th as depicted in Chapter 10.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)