|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Wyatt focus on in his closing statement?
(a) Confession tapes.
(b) Eye-witness accounts.
(c) Composite sketches.
(d) Polaroid pictures.
2. When time comes to sentence Ward and Fontenot, how much time has past since they were originally arrested?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 2 years and 2 weeks.
(d) 1 year and 1 week.
3. Who says, "This is the day we've been hoping for eleven months wouldn't happen"?
(a) Tommy Ward.
(b) Don Wyatt.
(c) Tricia Wolf.
(d) Detective Captain Dennis Smith.
4. All of the following are members of the defense team, EXCEPT which person?
(a) Leo Austin.
(b) Don Wyatt.
(c) George Butner.
(d) Ronald Jones.
5. Winifred Harrell, Don Wyatt's legal assistant, prepares more than __________ subpoenas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bill Peterson believes that it will take __________ for the jury's selection and the prosecution's case to be complete.
2. Which side of the Haraway case seeks a plea bargain for Ward and Fontenot?
3. On Day 9 of the Haraway case, who on the defense team begins with an opening statement?
4. According to Judge Jones, how much do the jurors get paid per day?
5. On October 12th, the remains in Seminole are positively identified as being __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the results of the interview Richard Kerner has with Melvin Harden in Chapter 11.
2. Describe the dream Tommy Ward had in prison at the end of Chapter 19.
3. Discuss the atmosphere developing on both sides of the Haraway case as detailed at the beginning of Chapter 11.
4. Under cross- examination, Gary Rogers says that he had made three phone calls to Ada while questioning Tommy Ward. What person did Rogers call? Why did he call the person three times? ?
5. According to Leslie Penn, why was he elected foreman of the jury in the Haraway case?
6. Describe the procedure used in selecting the jury in the Haraway case as detailed by Judge Donald Powers in Chapter 12.
7. How does George Butner feel after playing both Tommy Ward and Karl Fontenot's confession tapes to the court in Chapter 16? Explain why he feels this way.
8. Describe Miz Ward's attitude during the rehearsal cross-examination at Don Wyatt's law office in Chapter 12.
9. On Day 3 of the trial, what two small victories are awarded to the defense?
10. Explain the testimony Don Wyatt would like to elicit from Joel Ward on Day 9 of the trial.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)