|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of all the Ward children, who is called the "runt of the litter"?
(a) Joel Ward.
(b) Tricia Ward.
(c) Tommy Ward.
(d) Melva Ward.
2. According to Mildred Grandy, she saw Denice Haraway standing in the doorway of a trailer on lot number __________.
3. What was Ada once a haven for in its wild west days?
(b) Gold miners.
4. What does the phrase "corpus delicti" in a murder case refer to?
(a) Placed on probation.
(b) Postponement of a court session.
(c) A written statement made under oath.
(d) The presence of a body.
5. What is Tommy Ward diagnosed with at the Valley View Hospital?
(a) A nervous stomach.
(b) The flu.
(c) Chicken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is the burden of proof in the Haraway case?
2. According to the narrator, whose sister disappeared a year before Denice Haraway went missing?
3. According to the narrator in Chapter 2, who were the first white settlers in Ada?
4. What does Lenny Timmons need from McAnally's at the beginning of Chapter1?
5. According to Tommy Ward in Chapter 7, what happened to Denice Haraway?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Odell Titsworth dismissed as a suspect in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Barney Ward not want to represent Tommy Ward in Chapter 5?
3. What does Richard Kerner say is his reason for always wearing a business suit in Chapter 9?
4. Describe the first degree charges filed against Tommy Ward and Karl Fontenot in Chapter 5.
5. Why does Tricia Wolf punch Bud Wolf in the shoulder while reading the newspaper at the end of Chapter 5?
6. What six courses of action does Don Wyatt outline for Richard Kerner to pursue in Chapter 8?
7. What information does Jeff Miller give to Detective Dennis Smith at the beginning of Chapter 3?
8. Why is Detective Dennis Smith's theory about Denice Haraway being dumped into a manhole dismissed by the sewer department?
9. Why are both Ward and Fontenot admitted to Eastern State Hospital?
10. Describe Tommy Ward's relationship with his father as seen in the essay Ward wrote for Don Wyatt in Chapter 8.
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)