|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, how long have Steve and Denice Haraway been married?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 8 weeks.
2. Who is the gnarled black woman who is feared by the children of Ada?
(a) Nigger Sairy.
(b) Terry Hull.
(c) Melva Ward.
(d) Linda Thompson.
3. What is the name of the young man who walks into police headquarters to offer information regarding the Haraway case?
(a) Tommy Ward.
(b) Lenny Timmons.
(c) Jason Lurke.
(d) Jeff Miller.
4. According to the psychic, what number would be hanging symbolically over the body of Denice Haraway?
5. Who asks George Butner to represent Karl Fontenot as his court-appointed attorney?
(a) Tommy Ward.
(b) Dennis Smith.
(c) Don Wyatt.
(d) Judge Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what County Jail is Ward incarcerated?
2. Who decides to defend Tommy Ward in the Denice Haraway murder trial?
3. What does Bud Wolf bring to Tommy Ward before Ward leaves for Eastern State Hospital?
4. What does the narrator reveal as common police procedure prior to the questioning of a suspect?
5. How much does Ben Brewer charge Bud Wolf for cutting Tommy Ward's hair in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first degree charges filed against Tommy Ward and Karl Fontenot in Chapter 5.
2. Why is Detective Dennis Smith's theory about Denice Haraway being dumped into a manhole dismissed by the sewer department?
3. How is the Haraway case different from both the Rawlings' and the Brown's cases?
4. What six courses of action does Don Wyatt outline for Richard Kerner to pursue in Chapter 8?
5. Describe Denice Haraway as depicted on the missing person flier.
6. In Chapter 8, how does Bud Wolf feel after he begins to recall the times that he and Tommy Ward had shared?
7. Describe the city of Ada as it is described in Chapter 1.
8. Discuss the major evidence collected in the Rawlings' case as described by the narrator in Chapter 6.
9. What information does Jeff Miller give to Detective Dennis Smith at the beginning of Chapter 3?
10. Describe Debbie Carter's murder case as describe by the narrator.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)