|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the clerk at McAnally's on the night of April 28, 1984?
(a) Lenny Timmons.
(b) Marie Titsworth.
(c) Denice Haraway.
(d) Dean Petterson.
2. Who decides to defend Tommy Ward in the Denice Haraway murder trial?
(a) George Butner.
(b) Richard Kerner.
(c) Bill Peterson.
(d) Don Wyatt.
3. Which two names does Richard Kerner ask the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety to check for their complete driving records?
(a) Marty Ashley and Jay Dicus.
(b) Jason Lurke and Odell Titsworth.
(c) Frank Dias and Denice Haraway.
(d) Tommy Ward and Karl Fontenot.
4. Whose favorite expression is "listen to me, runnin' my mouth ninety-to-nothin'" ?
(a) Tommy Ward.
(b) Kay Ward.
(c) Tricia Wolf.
(d) Karl Fontenot.
5. Jesse Ward dies from __________.
(a) A car accident.
(b) Lung disease.
(c) A heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Commandment from the Bible does Tommy Ward quote?
2. Of all the Ward children, who is considered the most ambitious?
3. According to Mildred Grandy, she saw Denice Haraway standing in the doorway of a trailer on lot number __________.
4. What do the OSBI technicians use to sift through debris from the burned down house?
5. According to Tommy Ward in Chapter 7, what happened to Denice Haraway?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how does Bud Wolf feel after he begins to recall the times that he and Tommy Ward had shared?
2. In Chapter 4, how does Tricia Ward's father react when she tells him her brother Jimmy was smoking marijuana?
3. What two important items does the manager of McAnally's convenience store clean up at the end of Chapter 1? Why are these items important to the disappearance of Denice Haraway?
4. What six courses of action does Don Wyatt outline for Richard Kerner to pursue in Chapter 8?
5. Discuss the major evidence collected in the Rawlings' case as described by the narrator in Chapter 6.
6. Describe the dream Arlene Cameron has in Chapter 5.
7. What two things are District Attorney Bill Peterson trying to establish through the four young witnesses who are a part of Ada's "running crowd"?
8. Describe the character of Jannette Roberts. Why are detectives interested in speaking with her in Chapter 3?
9. Describe the first degree charges filed against Tommy Ward and Karl Fontenot in Chapter 5.
10. Describe Denice Haraway as depicted on the missing person flier.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)