|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which side of the Haraway case seeks a plea bargain for Ward and Fontenot?
(a) Both sides.
(b) The defense side.
(c) The prosecution side.
(d) Neither side.
2. All of the following are inaccurate statements found in the July issue of Startling Detective Magazine, EXCEPT which statement?
(a) Detectives Smith, Baskin and Barrett arrived at the scene, along with Police Chief Richard Gray.
(b) Odell Titsworth's name was changed to Mike Callender.
(c) Denice Haraway went missing on April 28, 1984.
(d) Lab technicians dusted for fingerprints.
3. At the end of Day 5 of the trial, who states, "I'm afraid of Lurch!"?
(a) Tricia Wolf.
(b) Don Wyatt.
(c) Tommy Ward.
(d) Jim Moyer.
4. What does Don Wyatt focus on in his closing statement?
(a) Polaroid pictures.
(b) Eye-witness accounts.
(c) Composite sketches.
(d) Confession tapes.
5. All of the following are members of the prosecution's team, EXCEPT whom?
(a) Gary Rogers.
(b) Chris Ross.
(c) George Butner.
(d) Bill Peterson.
6. What items does Don Wyatt subpoena from the college?
(a) Pictures / bones.
(b) Skull / bones.
(c) Fingerprints / hair.
(d) Hair / clothing.
7. According to the narrator, which best selling novelist in the world visited Ada for research purposes?
(a) John Grisham.
(b) J. R. R. Tolkien.
(c) C. S. Lewis.
(d) Michael Crichton.
8. On Day 9 of the Haraway case, who testifies that she had cut Tommy's hair very short on April 20th?
(a) Kay Ward.
(b) Miz Ward.
(c) Tricia Wolf.
(d) Joice Ward.
9. Who raises the "weird" question: What will happen if Tommy Ward is convicted, and then, just as the gavel rings out, Denice Haraway walks into the courtroom?
(a) Don Wyatt.
(b) Miz Ward.
(c) Tricia Wolf.
(d) Bud Wolf.
10. According to Tricia Wolf, what was the mood of Tommy Wolf the Sunday after the trial?
11. Who requests a second run-through of their testimony?
(a) Jason Lurch.
(b) Frederick Patrizi.
(c) Karl Fontenot.
(d) Tricia Wolf.
12. According to Judge Jones, how much do the jurors get paid per day?
13. According to the testimony of Joice Ward, where was Tommy Ward at 8 o'clock in the evening on April 28, 1984?
(a) Tommy was at work.
(b) Tommy was at a party.
(c) Tommy was home with Joice.
(d) Tommy was at the mall.
14. According to Bud Wolf, why did Tommy Ward cut his hair?
(a) He wanted to change his identity.
(b) He had a date.
(c) His job made him cut his hair.
(d) His long hair made him hot.
15. When time comes to sentence Ward and Fontenot, how much time has past since they were originally arrested?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 1 year and 1 week.
(d) 2 years and 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date that jury selection begins?
2. At the end of Chapter 11, what is Tricia Wolf's feelings about Denice Haraway's well-being?
3. How does the jury react to Don Wyatt pulling out the skull and bones?
4. Who states, "Dick Tracy in disguise...I for one am going to sleep a lot easier knowing that Mr. Kerner is out there, solving crimes by taking pictures of people and pickups..."?
5. How many jurors elected the death penalty for Tommy Ward?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)