|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked about the population of Gerty, Oklahoma, what does Tatum reply?
2. According to Jim Moyer, what is carved into the belt of the man who looks much more familiar than Fontenot?
3. All of the following are inaccurate statements found in the July issue of Startling Detective Magazine, EXCEPT which statement?
(a) Denice Haraway went missing on April 28, 1984.
(b) Detectives Smith, Baskin and Barrett arrived at the scene, along with Police Chief Richard Gray.
(c) Lab technicians dusted for fingerprints.
(d) Odell Titsworth's name was changed to Mike Callender.
4. What items does Don Wyatt subpoena from the college?
(a) Pictures / bones.
(b) Hair / clothing.
(c) Fingerprints / hair.
(d) Skull / bones.
5. How many people are staying with Tricia and Bud Wolf at the end of Chapter 11?
6. Which side of the Haraway case seeks a plea bargain for Ward and Fontenot?
(a) The prosecution side.
(b) The defense side.
(c) Neither side.
(d) Both sides.
7. All of the following are requested by the jury, EXCEPT which item?
(a) Confession tapes.
(b) All the exhibits, except for the skull and bones.
(c) Magnifying glass.
(d) Tape recorder.
8. Of the twelve jurors in the Ward / Fontenot trial, how many jurors request anonymity?
9. What object hangs useless and dead like a mute symbol, signifying nothing in the courtroom?
(a) A flag.
(b) A camera.
(c) A microphone.
(d) A light.
10. What is the date that jury selection begins?
(a) September 19.
(b) September 29.
(c) September 9.
(d) September 22.
11. Who is the 67th and final witness for the State?
(a) Frederick Patrizi.
(b) Odell Titsworth.
(c) Karl Fontenot.
(d) Mike Baskin.
12. Bill Peterson believes that it will take __________ for the jury's selection and the prosecution's case to be complete.
(a) 1 week.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
13. What publication does Bud Wolf flip through in search of a boy who looks exactly like the composite drawing of Tommy in the Haraway case?
(a) Elementary school yearbook.
(b) College yearbook.
(c) High school yearbook.
(d) Middle school yearbook.
14. All of the following are members of the prosecution's team, EXCEPT whom?
(a) Bill Peterson.
(b) Chris Ross.
(c) Gary Rogers.
(d) George Butner.
15. How many jurors elected the death penalty for Tommy Ward?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Richard Kerner and Jim Moyer meet to talk more about the guy Moyer claims looks like Tommy in the composite sketch?
2. Who requests a second run-through of their testimony?
3. Of the three charges brought against Tommy Ward, how many do the jury find Ward guilty of?
4. Who states, "Dick Tracy in disguise...I for one am going to sleep a lot easier knowing that Mr. Kerner is out there, solving crimes by taking pictures of people and pickups..."?
5. On cross-examination of Frederick Patrizi, Don Wyatt establishes that Patrizi had seen the confession tapes in the presence of all the following people, EXCEPT for whom?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)