|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items does Don Wyatt subpoena from the college?
(a) Pictures / bones.
(b) Fingerprints / hair.
(c) Skull / bones.
(d) Hair / clothing.
2. Tommy Ward's confession tape is admitted into evidence as state exhibit number __________.
3. Who does Richard Kerner interview at the house on 730 West Twelfth Street?
(a) Marty Ashley.
(b) George Butner.
(c) Willie Barnett.
(d) Bud Wolf.
4. Who states, "Dick Tracy in disguise...I for one am going to sleep a lot easier knowing that Mr. Kerner is out there, solving crimes by taking pictures of people and pickups..."?
(a) Ricky Brewer.
(b) Bill Peterson.
(c) Don Wyatt.
(d) Jason Lurch.
5. Of the twelve jurors in the Ward / Fontenot trial, how many jurors request anonymity?
6. Who is Linda Thompson with on Monday, August 19th, when she is kidnapped?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Denice Haraway.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
7. The judge tells the jury that they are in the custody of the __________.
(a) Prosecution attorney.
(c) Defense attorney.
8. Bill Peterson believes that it will take __________ for the jury's selection and the prosecution's case to be complete.
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 5 days.
9. According to the narrator's statement in the Afterwords, what is the only real evidence against Ward and Fontenot?
(a) Taped confessions.
(b) Composite sketches.
(c) Eye-witness accounts.
(d) Gray pickup truck.
10. Where do Richard Kerner and Jim Moyer meet to talk more about the guy Moyer claims looks like Tommy in the composite sketch?
(a) Moyer's house.
(c) Kerner's car.
11. Why is Don Wyatt angry at Tricia Wolf in Chapter 11?
(a) He is angry about Tricia dropping him as Ward's attorney.
(b) He is angry about money.
(c) He is angry about Tricia talking to the media.
(d) He is angry about Tricia withholding vital information about Tommy Ward.
12. At the beginning of Day 6 of the trial, what is the first image that appears on the video screen inside the courtroom?
(a) Steve Haraway.
(b) Denice Haraway.
(c) Tommy Ward.
(d) Karl Fontenot.
13. All of the following are inaccurate statements found in the July issue of Startling Detective Magazine, EXCEPT which statement?
(a) Denice Haraway went missing on April 28, 1984.
(b) Detectives Smith, Baskin and Barrett arrived at the scene, along with Police Chief Richard Gray.
(c) Lab technicians dusted for fingerprints.
(d) Odell Titsworth's name was changed to Mike Callender.
14. According to Tricia Wolf, who has sent her two letters for Tommy Ward?
(b) Lisa Lawson.
(c) Linda Thompson.
(d) Patty Hamilton.
15. What is the headline of the July issue of Startling Detective Magazine?
(a) Donna was kidnapped, raped and strangled.
(b) Donna was kidnapped, raped and cremated.
(c) Donna was kidnapped, raped and shot.
(d) Donna was kidnapped, raped and beheaded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Winifred Harrell, Don Wyatt's legal assistant, prepares more than __________ subpoenas.
2. Who is the last of Tommy Ward's siblings to see him in jail at the end of Chapter 10?
3. On Day 9 of the Haraway case, who testifies that she had cut Tommy's hair very short on April 20th?
4. Don Wyatt points out that on the tape Tommy Ward had described ________ people at McAnally's, whereas the eyewitnesses had seen only ________.
5. According to the testimony of Joice Ward, where was Tommy Ward at 8 o'clock in the evening on April 28, 1984?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)