|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "This is the day we've been hoping for eleven months wouldn't happen"?
(a) Tricia Wolf.
(b) Detective Captain Dennis Smith.
(c) Don Wyatt.
(d) Tommy Ward.
2. According to the narrator, what is the most critical issue in the courtroom?
(a) Polaroid pictures.
(b) Composite sketches.
(c) Confession tapes.
(d) Denice Haraway's body.
3. Of the twelve jurors in the Ward / Fontenot trial, how many jurors request anonymity?
4. Who is Don Wyatt referring to when he says, "how anyone could be so stupid as to make up all those lies and think that was going to get them out of trouble"?
(a) Odell Titsworth.
(b) Marty Ashley.
(c) Tommy Ward.
(d) Karl Fontenot.
5. All of the following people meet at Don Wyatt's law office on Sunday, EXCEPT for whom?
(a) Don Wyatt.
(b) Tricia Wolf.
(c) Bud Wolf.
(d) Jason Lurch.
6. Which side of the Haraway case seeks a plea bargain for Ward and Fontenot?
(a) The defense side.
(b) Neither side.
(c) The prosecution side.
(d) Both sides.
7. According to the testimony of Joice Ward, where was Tommy Ward at 8 o'clock in the evening on April 28, 1984?
(a) Tommy was home with Joice.
(b) Tommy was at a party.
(c) Tommy was at the mall.
(d) Tommy was at work.
8. All of the following are requested by the jury, EXCEPT which item?
(a) Magnifying glass.
(b) All the exhibits, except for the skull and bones.
(c) Tape recorder.
(d) Confession tapes.
9. The final jury consists of _________ women and _________ men.
(a) 4 / 8.
(b) 8 / 4.
(c) 2 / 10.
(d) 10 / 2.
10. When asked about the population of Gerty, Oklahoma, what does Tatum reply?
11. According to the defense attorneys, who is Tommy Ward's key alibi witness?
(a) Willie Barnett.
(b) Miz Ward.
(c) Joice Ward.
(d) Leo Austin.
12. Who states, "Dick Tracy in disguise...I for one am going to sleep a lot easier knowing that Mr. Kerner is out there, solving crimes by taking pictures of people and pickups..."?
(a) Jason Lurch.
(b) Bill Peterson.
(c) Ricky Brewer.
(d) Don Wyatt.
13. Sixty-five panelists are questioned as to whether they would have a problem imposing the death penalty. How many say they would have a problem with imposing the death penalty?
14. Who is the first witness called by the defense?
(a) Marie Titsworth.
(b) Dr. Clyde Butler.
(c) Joice Ward.
(d) Odell Titsworth.
15. While being cross-examined by Don Wyatt, Featherstone states the questioning of Tommy Ward has changed from "inquisitory" to __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Day 6 of the trial, what is the first image that appears on the video screen inside the courtroom?
2. Who is the 67th and final witness for the State?
3. Initially, which potential juror does not want to be on the Haraway case?
4. How does the jury react to Don Wyatt pulling out the skull and bones?
5. Under Oklahoma law, how many months does court reporter Dawn DeVae have after the date of sentencing to complete the transcripts?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)