|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days after Ward and Fontenot are arrested are they formally charged?
(a) 12 weeks.
(b) 11 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 1 month.
2. How long isTommy Ward interviewed by detectives?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) An hour and forty-five minutes.
(d) Five hours.
3. According to the austere law books in regards to a murder trial, you do not need a body if __________.
(a) There are no suspects.
(b) The circumstantial evidence is strong enough.
(c) The suspect does not have an alibi.
(d) Someone confesses to the murder.
4. When speaking with Richard Kerner, who does Ms. Lavielle say the two composite sketches of the Haraway suspects look like?
(a) Dexter Davis and Willie Barnett.
(b) Kendall Holland and Willie Barnett.
(c) Sparcino and Lurke.
(d) Randy Rogers and Sparcino.
5. Richard Kerner draws a connection to the Ada case in __________ County.
6. Which Commandment from the Bible does Tommy Ward quote?
(a) The Seventh Commandment.
(b) The Sixth Commandment.
(c) The Tenth Commandment.
(d) The First Commandment.
7. According to the narrator, how long have Steve and Denice Haraway been married?
(a) 8 weeks.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 8 years.
8. According to a story in the Ada News, how much does Denice Haraway weigh?
(a) 98 pounds.
(b) 110 pounds.
(c) 150 pounds.
(d) 130 pounds.
9. Who writes, "I had a dream that I was at a keg party, then poof I was sitting in a pickup with two guys and a girl"?
(a) Jason Lurke.
(b) Karl Fontenot.
(c) Bud Wolf.
(d) Tommy Ward.
10. Who does the narrator claim is considered the founder of Ada?
(a) Jeff Reed.
(b) Rudolph Valentino.
(c) Henry Ford.
(d) Christopher Columbus.
11. For how long are Ward and Fontenot committed by Judge Powers to Eastern State Hospital?
(a) No more than 90 days.
(b) No more than 30 days.
(c) No more than 60 days.
(d) No more than 2 weeks.
12. When is the Karl Fontenot and Tommy Ward trial held?
(a) July 4.
(b) September 9.
(c) November 26.
(d) October 31.
13. Which of the two defendants, Ward and Fontenot, does Karen Wise positively identify in Chapter 7?
(a) Both Ward and Fontenot.
(b) Neither Ward nor Fontenot.
(c) Karl Fontenot.
(d) Tommy Ward.
14. According to Tommy Ward in Chapter 7, what happened to Denice Haraway?
(a) He shot her in the back.
(b) He stabbed her with a knife.
(c) She ran away with Marty Ashley.
(d) She was kidnapped by Karl Fontenot.
15. Who aids Attorney Don Wyatt with his research on the Haraway case?
(a) Mike Addicott.
(b) Ben Brewer.
(c) Bill Peterson.
(d) Dennis Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lenny Timmons need from McAnally's at the beginning of Chapter1?
2. While Tommy Ward is in jail, how many poems does he write which chronicle his lingering feelings for Lisa Lawson?
3. At the end of Chapter 6, who is notified to appear at the courthouse in January to testify as a witness to Denice Haraway's character?
4. According to the narrator in Chapter 2, about every ________ there is a murder in Ada.
5. According to the narrator, what is unique about Barney Ward?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)