|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the Karl Fontenot and Tommy Ward trial held?
(a) November 26.
(b) July 4.
(c) September 9.
(d) October 31.
2. What does the phrase "corpus delicti" in a murder case refer to?
(a) The presence of a body.
(b) Postponement of a court session.
(c) Placed on probation.
(d) A written statement made under oath.
3. Who receives a threatening phone call saying "he needs to stop defending Ward-or else!"?
(a) Don Wyatt.
(b) Richard Kerner.
(c) Bill Peterson.
(d) Joel Ward.
4. According to the state medical examiner, who/what does the charred bone remains belong to?
(a) A possum.
(b) A dog.
(c) Denice Haraway.
(d) Linda Thompson.
5. According to the psychic, what number would be hanging symbolically over the body of Denice Haraway?
6. What does Lenny Timmons need from McAnally's at the beginning of Chapter1?
(a) A drink.
(d) A snack.
7. According to the austere law books in regards to a murder trial, you do not need a body if __________.
(a) The suspect does not have an alibi.
(b) The circumstantial evidence is strong enough.
(c) There are no suspects.
(d) Someone confesses to the murder.
8. Whose favorite expression is "listen to me, runnin' my mouth ninety-to-nothin'" ?
(a) Tricia Wolf.
(b) Tommy Ward.
(c) Karl Fontenot.
(d) Kay Ward.
9. All of the following names are reported to the police department as possible identities to the composite sketches, EXCEPT for which name?
(a) William Paley.
(b) Billy Charley.
(c) Tommy Wars.
(d) Marty Ashley.
10. Of all the Ward children, who is considered the most ambitious?
(a) Kay Ward.
(b) Joel Ward.
(c) Tommy Ward.
(d) Joice Ward.
11. Mr. and Mrs. McAnally originally offer a __________ reward for any information regarding the whereabouts of Denice Haraway.
12. Richard Kerner draws a connection to the Ada case in __________ County.
13. Who drives Tommy Ward to the headquarters of the OSBI the day of his polygraph test?
(a) Jannette Roberts.
(b) Bud Wolf.
(c) Mike Roberts.
(d) Tricia Wolf.
14. Who asks George Butner to represent Karl Fontenot as his court-appointed attorney?
(a) Judge Miller.
(b) Don Wyatt.
(c) Dennis Smith.
(d) Tommy Ward.
15. According to the narrator in Chapter 2, who were the first white settlers in Ada?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the two defendants, Ward and Fontenot, does Karen Wise positively identify in Chapter 7?
2. According to Karl Fontenot, where does he work in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 1, what is Steve Haraway doing when he receives notice that his wife is missing?
4. Who is told that if he testifies against Tommy Ward a prior conviction for writing bad checks will be dropped?
5. How much money does Melvin Ward give Tricia Wolf after returning home to Ada?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)