|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the austere law books in regards to a murder trial, you do not need a body if __________.
(a) There are no suspects.
(b) Someone confesses to the murder.
(c) The circumstantial evidence is strong enough.
(d) The suspect does not have an alibi.
2. What type of store is McAnally's?
(a) A clothing store.
(b) A feed store.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A convenience store.
3. Who is the small, dark, gentle Indian woman who makes a living cleaning houses for people in Ada?
(a) Denice Haraway.
(b) Jannette Roberts.
(c) Dean Petterson.
(d) Marie Titsworth.
4. Why does Tricia Wolf's brother, Melvin, call her in Chapter 8?
(a) To wish her a happy birthday.
(b) To tell her he is shipping out on the U.S.S. Coral Sea.
(c) To wish her a happy anniversary.
(d) To tell her that he is in jail.
5. According to Mildred Grandy, she saw Denice Haraway standing in the doorway of a trailer on lot number __________.
6. Why does the young man in the orange pickup truck flee from police in Chapter 1?
(a) He doesn't want to get a ticket for expired tags.
(b) He doesn't want to get questioned about the incident at McAnally's.
(c) He doesn't want to get a ticket for running a stop sign.
(d) He has a prior warrent.
7. Harvey Pratt is a cop by day and a __________ by night.
8. All of the following are items that Tommy Ward asks Miz Ward to bring to jail, EXCEPT for which item?
(a) Hand cream.
(c) A lighter.
9. According to the state medical examiner, who/what does the charred bone remains belong to?
(a) Linda Thompson.
(b) A possum.
(c) A dog.
(d) Denice Haraway.
10. Who suggests to Tommy Ward that he should tell the authorities that he was at McAnally's, but he left before anything happened to Denice Haraway?
(a) Jim Allen.
(b) Jim Moyer.
(c) Jay Dicus.
(d) Karl Fontenot.
11. In smaller towns, the right-to-counsel for the poor is granted through whom?
(a) Private attorney of one's choosing.
(b) Court-appointed private attorneys.
(c) Public attorney of one's choosing.
(d) Court-appointed public attorneys.
12. How much does Ben Brewer charge Bud Wolf for cutting Tommy Ward's hair in jail?
13. According to a story in the Ada News, how much does Denice Haraway weigh?
(a) 110 pounds.
(b) 150 pounds.
(c) 130 pounds.
(d) 98 pounds.
14. What does Jim Moyer tell Karen Wise after he finishes testifying that Ward and Fontenot were the two men he had seen in McAnally's?
(a) He killed Denice Haraway by accident.
(b) He never saw Ward nor Fontenot at McAnally's.
(c) There was someone in the courtroom who looked a lot more like the second suspect.
(d) He was with Ward and Fontenot at Mcanally's when they kidnapped Denice Haraway.
15. Which of the two defendants, Ward and Fontenot, does Karen Wise positively identify in Chapter 7?
(a) Neither Ward nor Fontenot.
(b) Both Ward and Fontenot.
(c) Karl Fontenot.
(d) Tommy Ward.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 1, who gives police a description of the two suspects seen with Denice Haraway the night of April 28, 1984?
2. Which two names does Richard Kerner ask the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety to check for their complete driving records?
3. According to the narrator, what is the burden of proof in the Haraway case?
4. What does Bud Wolf bring to Tommy Ward before Ward leaves for Eastern State Hospital?
5. Mr. and Mrs. McAnally originally offer a __________ reward for any information regarding the whereabouts of Denice Haraway.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)