|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Murder in the First Degree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what is Steve Haraway doing when he receives notice that his wife is missing?
2. According to the narrator, what is unique about Barney Ward?
(a) He is related to Tommy Ward.
(b) He is a quadriplegic.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is blind.
3. At the end of Chapter 1, who gives police a description of the two suspects seen with Denice Haraway the night of April 28, 1984?
(a) Dean Petterson.
(b) Karen Wise.
(c) Jannette Roberts.
(d) Marie Titsworth.
4. Who decides to defend Tommy Ward in the Denice Haraway murder trial?
(a) Don Wyatt.
(b) Richard Kerner.
(c) Bill Peterson.
(d) George Butner.
5. What do the OSBI technicians use to sift through debris from the burned down house?
(a) Salt shakers.
(b) Nylon stockings.
(c) Water strainers.
(d) Window screens.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what County Jail is Ward incarcerated?
2. What is the name of the third suspect that both Ward and Fontenot claim is with them the night of Denice Haraway's murder?
3. Who does the narrator claim is considered the founder of Ada?
4. What does the narrator state is the purpose of the short bill of aggravated circumstances that is added to the charges put against Ward and Fontenot?
5. Who is the gnarled black woman who is feared by the children of Ada?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)