|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Murder in the First Degree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the psychic, what number would be hanging symbolically over the body of Denice Haraway?
2. What does the narrator reveal as common police procedure prior to the questioning of a suspect?
(a) Leave the suspect in a corner.
(b) Leave the suspect in a cold room.
(c) Let the suspect wait.
(d) Leave the suspect in a dark room.
3. Of all the Ward children, who is called the "runt of the litter"?
(a) Tricia Ward.
(b) Joel Ward.
(c) Melva Ward.
(d) Tommy Ward.
4. Why does the young man in the orange pickup truck flee from police in Chapter 1?
(a) He doesn't want to get a ticket for running a stop sign.
(b) He has a prior warrent.
(c) He doesn't want to get a ticket for expired tags.
(d) He doesn't want to get questioned about the incident at McAnally's.
5. Who does the narrator claim is considered the founder of Ada?
(a) Henry Ford.
(b) Jeff Reed.
(c) Rudolph Valentino.
(d) Christopher Columbus.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following names are reported to the police department as possible identities to the composite sketches, EXCEPT for which name?
2. Who claims to have seen Denice Haraway at the trailer court off Country Club Road, about a mile from McAnally's?
3. What do the OSBI technicians use to sift through debris from the burned down house?
4. According to the state medical examiner, who/what does the charred bone remains belong to?
5. How many days after Ward and Fontenot are arrested are they formally charged?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)