|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Second Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the phrase "corpus delicti" in a murder case refer to?
(a) A written statement made under oath.
(b) Placed on probation.
(c) The presence of a body.
(d) Postponement of a court session.
2. Who is Don Wyatt referring to when he says, "how anyone could be so stupid as to make up all those lies and think that was going to get them out of trouble"?
(a) Karl Fontenot.
(b) Odell Titsworth.
(c) Tommy Ward.
(d) Marty Ashley.
3. In smaller towns, the right-to-counsel for the poor is granted through whom?
(a) Court-appointed private attorneys.
(b) Court-appointed public attorneys.
(c) Private attorney of one's choosing.
(d) Public attorney of one's choosing.
4. According to a story in the Ada News, how much does Denice Haraway weigh?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 110 pounds.
(c) 98 pounds.
(d) 130 pounds.
5. C.L. Wolf is the only man in Ada who can fix __________.
(b) Lawn mowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date that jury selection begins?
2. What is the name of the adopted child of Tricia and Bud Wolf who is known as the "Christmas child"?
3. What is the headline of the July issue of Startling Detective Magazine?
4. According to the austere law books in regards to a murder trial, you do not need a body if __________.
5. Jesse Ward dies from __________.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)